Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Dehry posted:

The latest Pokemon fakes out at least took the time to check some grammar. It seems there is agreement in the fan community that even if they are fake that the artist got the right idea of what a Pokemon is. The English translation was an edit made to the original pictures.

https://twitter.com/ActualAero/status/965989083439882242

drat, whoever made these fakes needs to reveal themselves so they can get a job at GameFreak. I love them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

oddium posted:

victini, ducklett + bidoof, a big ugly dummy
don't...

quote:

(monitor is on and i didn't sign my post)
...doxx me?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If these are real I'm going to have a very hard time choosing between the platypus and the bunny.

Oh dude I feel ya. Usually I lean towards fire starters but that platypus is cute as gently caress. Probably fake, but it would be a nice surprise like last time if they weren't. Gen VII was actually the only instance I loved every single starter unabashedly. They have been getting better over the years.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Let's say I planted some berries in the Pelago and don't check back on them for a long time, do they disappear or will they stay in there forever until I check on 'em?

I ask 'cause I'm pretty much "done" with US right now for the foreseeable future, but I just planted some berries that I only had 1 of. I know it's not a big deal, but just curious if I'm going to need to turn the game on and harvest those berries lest I have to search them out all over again.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Reinanigans posted:

D-did everyone forget that we already have a platypus?

:psyduck:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but....

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

Let's say I planted some berries in the Pelago and don't check back on them for a long time, do they disappear or will they stay in there forever until I check on 'em?

I ask 'cause I'm pretty much "done" with US right now for the foreseeable future, but I just planted some berries that I only had 1 of. I know it's not a big deal, but just curious if I'm going to need to turn the game on and harvest those berries lest I have to search them out all over again.

They'll be ripe and waiting for you.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Reinanigans posted:

That doesn't really stop Game Freak from reusing ideas for later Pokémon. We already have 3 families of fire monkeys.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

If anything we need more frogs. I'm serious, where's my desert toads and leafy tree frogs at?

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Does anyone know if I should bother loading my pokes up with calcium, carbos, HP UP, protein, & iron before transporting them to the 3DS games?
I have a feeling it's a complete waste..

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

.TakaM posted:

Does anyone know if I should bother loading my pokes up with calcium, carbos, HP UP, protein, & iron before transporting them to the 3DS games?
I have a feeling it's a complete waste..

It probably is since the 3DS games provide a number of ways that make EV allocation a breeze. I haven't purposely bought a vitamin in a really long time.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Reinanigans posted:

We didn't forget, we just want more.

I want to be able to have a full team of uniquly typed Platypus Pokemon.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

We don't even have enough bear Pokémon, let alone platypus Pokémon.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I only need one more bat.......

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Flopsy posted:

I only need one more bat.......

Crobat, Swoobat, Noivern and... maybe Gliscor makes four. What else are you counting as a bat?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Zore posted:

Crobat, Swoobat, Noivern and... maybe Gliscor makes four. What else are you counting as a bat?
Lunaala, I assume. :v:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zore posted:

You forgot Lunala which makes five. I only need one more for my all bat team. Then...I can truly be the night.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Haifisch posted:

Lunaala, I assume. :v:

Legendaries are bullshit and should never count for anything :colbert:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Golbat is perfectly viable if you give it eviolite and make it fat.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I judge every Pokemon game based on

1. What kind of new dog Pokemon
2. What real world country they're basing it on
3. New kinds of balls
4. LET US CHANGE BALLS FOR POKEMON
5. BALL

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Flopsy posted:

If anything we need more frogs.

https://twitter.com/ikiro_pkmn/status/798748200131694592

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Vivillon is arguably a pokemon

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-707165356
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-707340250

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Willsun posted:

I judge every Pokemon game based on

1. What kind of new dog Pokemon
2. What real world country they're basing it on
3. New kinds of balls
4. LET US CHANGE BALLS FOR POKEMON
5. BALL

This mans got the right idea!!!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Psyduck is a kappa ya ninnies

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
That platypus deserves to be a real pokemon and I want to believe

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zore posted:

Gliscor

do not use Gliscor

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Countblanc posted:

do not use Gliscor

I'm gon' do it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.pokemonmillennium.net/rubriche/140930-esclusivo-falsi-leak-ecco-tutta-la-verita-dietro-i-presunti-pokemon-iniziali-di-switch/

Fakes confirmed.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Is there a page in english?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
but GF saw the platypus and bought the design to turn it into a real Pokémon

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The source of the images is an Italian site.

Here's someone writing about it in English.
http://pokejungle.net/2018/02/20/rumor-2-could-the-gen-viii-starters-have-leaked/

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

less laughter posted:

but GF saw the platypus and bought the design to turn it into a real Pokémon

OH GOD PLEASE

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://www.facebook.com/50shadesofHeliolisk/posts/1808253795916089 They're fake.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

The handy way to know who the best player in the match is whomever nicknamed their pokemon is the better player.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

It's the only way reverend's ever beaten me.

Discounting all those times he's beaten me, of course.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
So I just got Pokemon Ultra Moon. Is there anything new I have to know compared to Sun? If I use Pokebank to transfer my Pokes from Sun to Ultra Moon will I be able to trade them back? Any event or festival global mission ongoing?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's actually going to be an Ultra Beast exclusive to Ultra Sun. Otherwise you're getting the exclusives for the other version.

The Pokemon can be transferred between games no problem.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Dehry posted:

The Pokemon can be transferred between games no problem.
The exceptions are anything that didn't exist back in Sun, like the new Ultra Beasts. This also applies to totem-size Pokemon(you can get them as in-game gifts as part of a sidequest) that weren't totems in the original Sun/Moon.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Trying to decide on what team to use, I am torn between using Pokes I've never used before and Pokes exclusive to Ultra Moon. I think I'm settling with these

Yes, I am the one guy who has never used Metagross.

And technically on Sun I used Rowlett and never evolved him, so Decidueye counts as "new".

While building the team I realised how lackluster some of the old starters are for lacking a secondary type.

I wish they'd retroactively made Feraligatr Water/Fighting, Meganium Grass/Fairy and Typhlosion uuuuuh Fire/Steel? Fire/Dark? When including any of these into my team I find myself either lacking type coverage or resistance. At least Feraligatr has a decent ability though.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Zuzie posted:

It probably is since the 3DS games provide a number of ways that make EV allocation a breeze. I haven't purposely bought a vitamin in a really long time.
Well I went and tested it anyways since cloning pokemon is so easy in Crystal- turns out maximizing the stats is a complete waste of time as they're re-rolled when you transfer them to the 3DS games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

lezard_valeth posted:

Trying to decide on what team to use, I am torn between using Pokes I've never used before and Pokes exclusive to Ultra Moon.

I have so many Pokemon from previous generations that I wanted to use but never got around to that this might be the first Pokemon game where my party ends up not including any of the new ones. Right now I have a Salazzle, but my "starter" was a Venipede I bred back in Pokemon Y, and I think I'd rather keep the one that isn't going to be obliterated by a Diglett.

Now I'm thinking about about adding something kind of esoteric like an Unfezant or a Throh. I remember being all about the Johto Pokemon back in Gen 4, and I think it might just be that something has to be two generations old before I really appreciate it.