Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't like blocky pixel art but I'm still gonna get around to Celeste someday despite disliking the art style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Memento mori

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish Zenos yae Galvus was in another FF game because he might be the most wildly overdesigned and bonkers looking Big Bad in FF history. I want him to be battling Lightning in the timecylinder from Xiii-2

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

In Training posted:

I wish Zenos yae Galvus was in another FF game because he might be the most wildly overdesigned and bonkers looking Big Bad in FF history. I want him to be battling Lightning in the timecylinder from Xiii-2

did you accept him

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Caius can turn into 3 Bahamuts at the same time, and also he wins.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chumbler posted:

Caius can turn into 3 Bahamuts at the same time, and also he wins.

Look I didn't say he could hold a candle to the most powerful villain in video game history. I just think he looks cool.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

he has three katanas that he keeps in a magitek golf bag

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

he's literally a gudfites weeaboo in charge of an army and mad scientists and as final fantasy goes that's kinda rad

sucks how he went out though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ffxiv starting in the second half of ARR has nailed flashy spectacle in a way I don't think I've seen equaled and Zenos is no exception

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

he has three katanas that he keeps in a magitek golf bag

It's the coolest thing on the planet and something that wouldn't be out of place in like, MGR.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

he's literally a gudfites weeaboo in charge of an army and mad scientists and as final fantasy goes that's kinda rad

sucks how he went out though

I mean he went out by fusing with a dragon god and fighting you in space. That's pretty metal.

Plus he's back anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now that I'm back in ala mhigo with rauhbahn and other ARR people it's like bleh...get me back to fake Japan with all the techno samurai

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I mean he went out by fusing with a dragon god and fighting you in space. That's pretty metal.

Plus he's back anyway.

Nah I mean he slashed his own throat after the fight, that was a total pussout

I haven't played since 4.1 and don't really feel like MMOing again right now but that spoiler has me intrigued he's a goddamn Ascian puppet now isn't he

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Zenos is high on my list of fights to get an Ultimate version (that I can watch on youtube rather than do myself)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

anybody want shadowrun returns+dragonfall or tesla effect

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man the segments of the Summit B-Side where you meet up with your other part of you are top notch :discourse:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Are these B-Sides something I'll run into as I go? I only just finished chapter 2.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Are these B-Sides something I'll run into as I go? I only just finished chapter 2.

There's one hidden in each state

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

You have to unlock them by finding the cassette tapes in each level. They are hidden but they're not super hard to find.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES_dHXMhOHU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

twitter??

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is there social media functionality in Metal Gear Survive

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Colonel, what’s a Russian botnet doing here!?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

did you get your 8bitdo controller working in celeste? I haven't been able to manage it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

did you get your 8bitdo controller working in celeste? I haven't been able to manage it

For mine I put it into XInput pairing mode by holding X while I powered it on (start), then plugging it in by USB while it was trying to pair (I hate bluetooth)

Installed as an XBox 360 Wireless Gaming Controller and worked right out of the gate

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Macaluso posted:

You have to unlock them by finding the cassette tapes in each level. They are hidden but they're not super hard to find.

Hard enough for me, I'm 20/20 on Strawberries on Chapter 1 and I have zero idea about the tape. Except for that weird satellite with the birds, still no idea wtf there.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Hard enough for me, I'm 20/20 on Strawberries on Chapter 1 and I have zero idea about the tape. Except for that weird satellite with the birds, still no idea wtf there.

The satellite is for another collectable. You have to figure out how to solve the puzzle there. I sat there for like 30 minutes trying to figure out just what the gently caress until I tried something and was like "this is stupid there's no way this is what it is" and then wellp. Also if you figure it out, remember that because you're gonna need to that puzzle solution for much later

As for the tape I don't remember where it is exactly but I'm pretty sure you need to break through a wall to get there

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hah, damnit, thanks. As soon as you said it was obvious I went back and looked and yep, other collectable get. I'm dumb.

I assume this collectable isn't as identifyingly useless as strawberries, though.

Also found the B-Side and that's rather nasty.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Hah, damnit, thanks. As soon as you said it was obvious I went back and looked and yep, other collectable get. I'm dumb.

I assume this collectable isn't as identifyingly useless as strawberries, though.

Also found the B-Side and that's rather nasty.

The strawberries are strictly bragging rights. They don't unlock anything. The change one little thing at the end that isn't gameplay related at all. BUT I will say, getting the strawberries teaches you how to do trickier poo poo which you will absoultely use in B-Sides. You do need to hearts to unlock stuff later though. And you need the B-Sides for that because they have hearts as well (only at the end though, so you just have to beat them).

Slightly related, this chapter 7 B-Side is NO fuckin joke goddamn

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If you'd beaten the game you wouldn't say the strawberries don't matter :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

If you'd beaten the game you wouldn't say the strawberries don't matter :colbert:

EXCUSE ME I didn't say they didn't matter, I said they didn't unlock anything. They are obviously still very important

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FFXIV plotting and pacing is so bad, which makes sense of course but still. Skip all non-climax cutscenes (namely everything that isn’t tied to a duty), spend the time you save reading good books and watching animes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

FFXIV plotting and pacing is so bad, which makes sense of course but still. Skip all non-climax cutscenes (namely everything that isn’t tied to a duty), spend the time you save reading good books and watching animes
ARR has some definite pacing problems and its clear they were rushing to minimize the downtime between 14-1 shutting down and 2.0, and then it took them a couple patches to find their footing and get their production schedule worked out. from like 2.3 on though its really consistently good

tbh I still think 2.0 is better than a lot of FF stories though

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Should I wait to promote in FE Warriors?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Man Celeste. I give you praise over and over and then you decide to make a section of this B-Side have both clouds and a brand new mechanic that's INCREDIBLY fiddly and really really hard to pull off

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't first have to do the incredibly fiddly mechanic to GET to the cloud bit

edit: All the praise I give the level design the rest of the game goes right out the window with this segment. Did they get the intern to design this part? Get the gently caress out of here

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 22, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the diagonal dash-hop in celeste is such a fun bit of tech to use that i'm surprised none of the b-sides make use of it like the upwards dash wall jump

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/966541183303409664

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Macaluso posted:

Man Celeste. I give you praise over and over and then you decide to make a section of this B-Side have both clouds and a brand new mechanic that's INCREDIBLY fiddly and really really hard to pull off

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't first have to do the incredibly fiddly mechanic to GET to the cloud bit

edit: All the praise I give the level design the rest of the game goes right out the window with this segment. Did they get the intern to design this part? Get the gently caress out of here

Are you talking about the wall-dash? Because that mechanic is annoying at first but I really like it now. I wish more levels used it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

Are you talking about the wall-dash? Because that mechanic is annoying at first but I really like it now. I wish more levels used it.

The up jump wall dash thing yeah. At least in THIS particular segment it's drat near impossible for me to pull off. You can cheese it and just not do the dash and cling to the wall luckily but then you have to deal with a gauntlet of clouds in what is easily the worst designed section I have played of this game. Can I just get more Chapter 6 B-Side instead of this

edit: Also the joycon issue of not dashing in the direction I'm trying to get her to go is making this an even bigger pain in the rear end than it already is

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Man I forgot just how long it takes to get your dang animal forms in Bayonetta 1. But now I have Bat Within and the Moon and it's time to dance

• Locked thread