Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah i can't feel any of those issues with the controls or movement in celeste, playing on my ds4 it's felt super reliable and i figured out the dash walljump a while before it asked me to do it, so by the time i had to do it in the b-side it felt perfectly natural. the only thing that's actually pissed me off is that one block in chapter 8 b-side because the precise jump height is so fiddly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Microsoft: Never releases updates because who cares lol
Sony: Releases constant pointless updates just to keep crackers on their toes.
Nintendo: Yeah here's a mini game and also gently caress y'all cheaters.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
CHRIST. I finally did it. After like an hour and a half I've finally gotten past this segment and I am terrified to see what's next holy gently caress. I might need to take a vacation from this game for a bit before doing the core.

edit: God in heaven

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 22, 2018

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

The Colonel posted:

yeah i can't feel any of those issues with the controls or movement in celeste, playing on my ds4 it's felt super reliable and i figured out the dash walljump a while before it asked me to do it, so by the time i had to do it in the b-side it felt perfectly natural. the only thing that's actually pissed me off is that one block in chapter 8 b-side because the precise jump height is so fiddly

Most of the people complaining are prob on switch, which has a way worse joystick than the ds4.

Reread your post yes you're right ds4 is way better

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Feb 22, 2018

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i'm having a good time with metal gear. reminds me of STALKER a little, but with more punching wildlife in the head so I can cook and eat it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

lets hang out posted:

i'm having a good time with metal gear. reminds me of STALKER a little, but with more punching wildlife in the head so I can cook and eat it

yeah i like it a lot. plus it has a more dumbass plot than mgs5 which is preferable

WELCOME TO THE CHARON CORPS. YOURE GOING TO HELL

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm never gonna play ff14 but I greatly appreciate that they included Ark in it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm never gonna play ff14 but I greatly appreciate that they included Ark in it.
the ff9 references are low key but they hit hard. ark/cruise chaser is sick and the ozma fight in mhach is beautiful and for a long time it brutally murdered most groups lmao. love my big spinny orb

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How are the FF8 references

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

uhhhh there are gunblades... I don't think there's anything else yet

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How are the FF8 references

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

doesn't ffxiv have triple triad

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

an actual dog posted:

in its full, pointless glory

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh well gently caress now I know it’s a real Metal Gear

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does Survive have single player stuff or is it all multi base defence?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Does Survive have single player stuff or is it all multi base defence?

it is almost all singleplayer and the base defense is like a side thing. the marketing for this game was idiotic

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

it is almost all singleplayer and the base defense is like a side thing. the marketing for this game was idiotic

So what the hell is the game, just Minecraft in Metal Gear Land or something? I'm totally confused.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

So what the hell is the game, just Minecraft in Metal Gear Land or something? I'm totally confused.

It's poo poo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

it's, i dunno, an open-world survival horror game kinda? gather plants and stuff, die of dysentery, fight a big monster, learn about vietnam

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

an actual dog posted:

somehow I totally forgot that triple triad was a ff8 thing, maybe because in 14 its a gold saucer minigame so it mixed up in my brain with 7. its a fun side thing as just one of many collectibles, every dungeon has cards of their bosses for you to collect and you can play against NPCs to win cards of their friends and they do the ff8 thing where different regions play by different rules. no one really takes it seriously pvp though cause one its triple triad, and two the way they built the multiplayer is annoying

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

lmao what

How do you manage to gently caress up a game this much

al-azad
May 28, 2009

it's, i dunno, an open-world survival horror game kinda? gather plants and stuff, die of dysentery, fight a big monster, learn about vietnam

Is it story stuff like Asscreed or is it “single Player” in the way Minecraft is where there’s an endgame state but it’s left wide open how you reach it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

what in the sam hell

are konami trying to poo poo on metal gear as a series to spite kojima or something

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

al-azad posted:

Is it story stuff like Asscreed or is it “single Player” in the way Minecraft is where there’s an endgame state but it’s left wide open how you reach it.

it has a story and cutscenes and pretentious dialog sometimes, and also audiologs because mgsv

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

lmao what

How do you manage to gently caress up a game this much

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lmao wait are you serious, I didn’t even really think there was single player

Gonna buy this when it’s like five bucks lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm having flashbacks of Brutal Legend here

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codenameFANGIO posted:

lmao wait are you serious, I didn’t even really think there was single player

Gonna buy this when it’s like five bucks lol

Same

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yeah, i guess i could record a mission or something so people can see it. it's a survival game so it's not, like, gonna magically make you like those, but it's also 100% not the game they presented in any marketing ever. loving insane

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Probably because Konami execs had the trailer done by another studio while the actual devs did their own thing.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

someone just spoil the whole metal gear survive story for me and tell me if it ties into mgs at all other than the intro

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

homeless snail posted:

someone just spoil the whole metal gear survive story for me and tell me if it ties into mgs at all other than the intro

Even if it does, come on. No it doesn’t.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It is probably set in the same timeline as Snake's Revenge

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wait til you reach the end credits and it turns out this was a long con and there's a post-game phone call where the main character is all "that's right mr kojima, nobody ever knew that you were involved in this game" and then kojima's name pops up right there and it says he was the director.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

Even if it does, come on. No it doesn’t.
I mean, at some point they are going to take ownership of the metal gear story and make mgs 7, they didn't do it with this game because its a cash in and also coming out immediately after the kojima thing like that would be a bad look

I wouldn't put it past them if the ending does something stupid like reveal that some minor character like vulcan raven or someone is actually from the parallel universe and the game that you just played is actually incredibly consequential to mgs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Survive is actually part of the Kingdom Hearts universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

MG Surivive is an ARG for the real next MG game

• Locked thread