Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

when pera's game is over i'm running a game, probably based on DCSS because i've been sucked into that roguelike void again

it'll be A Good Time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i should also mention it'll be a rolemadness-y and, uh, not very standard

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So completely unrelated to Mafia, but I'm doing a Megaman 9 LP and since people asked about LPs a while back I thought you might like watching it!

Megaman 9 & 10!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Still looking for players for my game, come join! It'll be fun and it's my modded game in almost 3 years.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Am I supposed to have know that curious cat was something other than an internet forums user name?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Chic Trombone posted:

when pera's game is over i'm running a game, probably based on DCSS because i've been sucked into that roguelike void again

it'll be A Good Time

Roguelikes are the greatest and I'm awful at them

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Roguelikes are the greatest and I'm awful at them

this but I'm actually good at them

presign me, chic

I want to be orc jesus

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Still looking for players for my game, come join! It'll be fun and it's my modded game in almost 3 years.

Yo come play this game with me, a Mafia SuperStar™

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Chic why are you sucked back in. Also I never achieved my goal of greatwanderer. It was painful

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

busb posted:

Chic why are you sucked back in. Also I never achieved my goal of greatwanderer. It was painful

gooncrawl fork is good

eat purple all day each day

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

Chic Trombone posted:

gooncrawl fork is good

eat purple all day each day

is this dwarf fortress?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Your Personal Muse posted:

The best casing method is actually just voting someone and saying it’s a gut read

Moatillata posted:

Actually you missed we hav entered a golden age of mafia where the strategy is to consume heaping amounts of ayahuasca until you have a vision of the world being engulfed in flames look into the smoke and you will see the scum

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

merk posted:

CCKeane is scum because:
  • He smells1,2
  • He is from NYC (which smells)3
  • He voted merk4

------------------------------------------
Here is where you'd put some discussion about why he smells.

Reliable URL

more stuff

I think this is a good case. ##vote Keane

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

So completely unrelated to Mafia, but I'm doing a Megaman 9 LP and since people asked about LPs a while back I thought you might like watching it!

Megaman 9 & 10!

Natural 20 posted:

I alongside my erstwhile companion Yorkshire Tea will be playing through Megaman 9 and Megaman 10 in a video LP format.

:raise:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

I got confused when I was first gifted an account to these forums by Tea years ago. I thought he wanted me to make an account for him.

So I called myself Yorkshire Tea, abruptly found out the account was actually meant to be my own and ended up with the name until I finally changed it after my SD3 LP finished.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sure thing Gaspy

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

sure thing Gaspy

Look I just witnessed Cait Sith die. Cut me some slack.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Next week I will open my second game, Weekend at Bernie's 2 meets Steamed Hams.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

CCKeane posted:

That sounds like the worst thing on earth, I'm in

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

CCKeane posted:

can u also incorporate five night at freddies

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
People posted about dcss and now I want to dcss

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I think we need a dcss and weekend at Bernie's 2 crossover

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Im Bernie

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

Im Bernie

WHY WON’T YOU APOLOGISE FOR RUSSIA?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

hello

I got bored with the insane amount of boilerplate writing KING OF FORUMS `18 is requiring (I seriously may have to shop some of this out to staff writers) so now I'm working up the rules for poo poo-TALKING BOARDGAME #3 because I don't actually got much else going on right now

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Gridlocked posted:

People posted about dcss and now I want to dcss

It's free on the play store but seems unplayable on my phone.

And I've played cataclysm: dda on my phone for many hours

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's free on the play store but seems unplayable on my phone.

And I've played cataclysm: dda on my phone for many hours

I have these bursts where I go back and slam rls for a week then get over them.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Gridlocked posted:

I have these bursts where I go back and slam rls for a week then get over them.

I think I am most bad at ADOM. Or dungeons of dredmore.

Sometimes I'll play Drarf fortress and then give up because I'm dumb and can't get a functioning military going.

What do you mean you have no job? You're supposed to be stationed in this stupidass tower I built. Why is nobody in the tower. Why.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think I am most bad at ADOM. Or dungeons of dredmore.

Sometimes I'll play Drarf fortress and then give up because I'm dumb and can't get a functioning military going.

What do you mean you have no job? You're supposed to be stationed in this stupidass tower I built. Why is nobody in the tower. Why.

Ive been getring my df fix from watching Kruggsmash on YouTube.

But lately I've had a hankering for DCSS. Cataclysm is great but the whole objectiveless wandering drives me to bordem.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Gridlocked posted:

Ive been getring my df fix from watching Kruggsmash on YouTube.

But lately I've had a hankering for DCSS. Cataclysm is great but the whole objectiveless wandering drives me to bordem.

It's fun as a survival game. I found one of those super shelters, set up base there with plenty of food/water, raided a nearby town for vehicle parts and books, and ground some skills.

Then I got bored, wandered off into a minefield and got eaten by a zombear.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wandering Samurai mafia has ended in a --------------Town Victory!-------------

Link

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
Hello mafia people! I don't know if this is the right place for this, but some of you care about puzzles and I don't know where else this could go. If you don't care about puzzles, meditate on Jamie Bamber for a bit then ignore the rest of this post.

Some guy who makes cryptexes (those cylindrical lockboxes some escape rooms and puzzle hunts use) put together an free online puzzle hunt to... well, to celebrate all the business he'd gotten from escape rooms and puzzle hunts :v: but also to give back to those communities. It's amused me so far, but only 21 people have gotten through the warmup puzzles as of this post. So, hey, maybe there's good odds of winning a prize? (spoiler: the top prize guy-who-makes-cryptexes is giving away is an extremely fancy cryptex)

The warmup puzzles will be up all weekend; daily puzzles will be going up weeknights EST all next week; the big finale will be next Saturday. Poke at it or something? :shrug: http://cryptexhunt.com/wordpress/

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
cryptex. so this is the famed “Bite Coin” in the flesh

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

wow MUDs are really annoying

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GulagDolls posted:

wow MUDs are really cool

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh yeah

Final Fantasy 7 Mafia has ended in a Town Victory!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
annnddd

A Council of Wizards need your assistance.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Birdstrike posted:

cryptex. so this is the famed “Bite Coin” in the flesh
Well... except the hunt itself uses virtual cryptexes, so they'd be fake real bitcoins. Is this what tethers are?

GulagDolls posted:

wow MUDs are really annoying
It's running pretty much unmodified CoffeeMud, so I'm going to have to give it to "annoying" :v: Most of the MUD trappings don't matter, though; you don't need to run around killing things to gain levels or anything.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

peramene posted:

I am in talks with a sponsor to host an awful survivor in the summer, but it will be full of wacky adventures

I am also seriously considering straight banning the cloud crew just so nobody has even the illusion of a leg up

I feel like if I do run it everybody involved should Buckle The gently caress Up tho

current working title is Survivor: Catan

we'll see how Riven goes

Final reminder to not even try to host anything in April / early May

I have no idea what like half of this means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Power of Pecota posted:

I have no idea what like half of this means.

#peramene