Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

corn in the bible posted:

it is almost all singleplayer and the base defense is like a side thing. the marketing for this game was idiotic

lmao what the gently caress

now i want to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's like £22 so I'm considering it now

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oh god it was double reverse psychology marketing all along

noooooooo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ciaphas posted:

oh god it was double reverse psychology marketing all along

noooooooo

i legit thing it's possible this is somehow intended. lower everyone expectations to the gutter and then it comes out and bam.

then again, it's konami

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Love 2 have my UI look like a cached geocities webpage from 1999.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
heres a mission where you save a nurse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6AiE1ye_Sw

as i said its not, like, whoa now finally survival games have arrived dawg, but it's also not the thing people assumed it'd be. so i'm mostly just confused?

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Feb 22, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

what in the sam hell did i just watch

that was no metal gear i know or understand beyond some familiar sound effects

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i hope someone makes a sabagebu mod for mgs(urvive)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait til you reach the end credits and it turns out this was a long con and there's a post-game phone call where the main character is all "that's right mr kojima, nobody ever knew that you were involved in this game" and then kojima's name pops up right there and it says he was the director.

That'd be amazing

Wait, gotta fix one thing though

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait til you reach the end credits and it turns out this was a long con and there's a post-game phone call where Revolver Ocelot outta fucken nowhere is all "that's right mr kojima, nobody ever knew that you were involved in this game" and then kojima's name pops up right there and it says he was the director.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait til you reach the end credits and it turns out this was a long con and there's a post-game phone call where the main character is all "that's right mr kojima, nobody ever knew that you were involved in this game" and then kojima's name pops up right there and it says he was the director.

Metal Gear Survive

Death Stranding: Episode Zero

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

What I actually want to happen is for the credits to fade out and it says SILENT HILLS

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

MysticalMachineGun posted:

That'd be amazing

Wait, gotta fix one thing though

Instead of a phone call it's some live-action footage of Norman Reedus dressed as Ocelot standing before a big table. "The pieces are in place, Mr. Director" he says, and then the big leather chair behind the table starts to rotate...

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Man, that video did more to pique my interest than anything else I've seen so far. I just want to play around with the Fox Engine and the MGSV controls again.

I can't wait for a sale.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Please don't give Konami money.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

I'm going to

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'll buy a copy off Craigslist then, jeez.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can't believe David Cage was Hideo Kojima all along

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grapplejack posted:

like giving it to Gamestop is any better

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I don't give my cash to any game companies. I grow my own video games in my back yard.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
CARRY FENCES WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO
You can easily manipulate enemies by building a fence. If you can’t manage to separate your enemies and give yourself some breathing room, you’re going to get overwhelmed. Luckily, you have plenty of ways to deal with this problem.

Metal Gear Survive is full of natural choke points. After you run through narrow passageways, you can build a fence behind you. The zombies will attack the fence. While they whale on your creation, you can poke them with spears or shoot them with arrows

What the gently caress am I even reading

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
good lord why is the official games done quick youtube channel have every video be so quiet i have to literally turn my volume up by a factor of 600%

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
A friend in the US bought Titanfall 2 for me. Is there a healthy goon MP community/thread or is it really only the SP that's good?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

someone just spoil the whole metal gear survive story for me and tell me if it ties into mgs at all other than the intro

It says right up front that it's not canon so probably not

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/966674137291874304

This is a good collab.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Sitting around waiting to hear if the new Stellaris Apocalypse makes the game's middle actually good or not.

I like its early game but when you get into large wars it's just not fun... but then again I was playing around this time last year so who knows what's changed since then.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i thought final fantasy games had precooked characters since when do you get to play dressup with them

not counting that one side game where you play dressup with them

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

i thought final fantasy games had precooked characters since when do you get to play dressup with them

not counting that one side game where you play dressup with them

There's an online multiplayer mode that's like monster hunter ultra ultra ultra lite edition and you can make your own toon.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gear in FFXV changes the way your character looks along with whatever the stats are

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I hope nobody is actually salty about the costume. Like this is Freeman's life now. Like how Captain Falcon only shows up for guest appearances.

It's like being a past-your-prime actor or athlete or wrestler who still gets paid to show up as a guest at conventions year after year. It's a good gig.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I hope nobody is actually salty about the costume. Like this is Freeman's life now. Like how Captain Falcon only shows up for guest appearances.

It's like being a past-your-prime actor or athlete or wrestler who still gets paid to show up as a guest at conventions year after year. It's a good gig.

It will for sure get review bombed for killing HL3

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FFXV IS HL3 now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Rise and shine, Mister Caelum. Rise and... shine.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

Gear in FFXV changes the way your character looks along with whatever the stats are
gonna be hard for me to play FF15 i think, gonna be too concerned with Fashion Fantasy

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hopper posted:

A friend in the US bought Titanfall 2 for me. Is there a healthy goon MP community/thread or is it really only the SP that's good?

Multiplayer is fantastic and you can still find games for the main modes very easily, but there's not much of a goon community left. My experience only comes from the PC version, btw.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/glassbottommeg/status/966692952859754497

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Does that person know that article is from four years ago?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

CARRY FENCES WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO
You can easily manipulate enemies by building a fence. If you can’t manage to separate your enemies and give yourself some breathing room, you’re going to get overwhelmed. Luckily, you have plenty of ways to deal with this problem.

Metal Gear Survive is full of natural choke points. After you run through narrow passageways, you can build a fence behind you. The zombies will attack the fence. While they whale on your creation, you can poke them with spears or shoot them with arrows

What the gently caress am I even reading

You can craft fences in the home base and then carry them with you for deployment on missions. You can also eventually make ramps and stuff to reach blocked off places. You can see me use one in that video but they weren't very relevant to the goal so I didn't use them for much. If you have to defend a position then they are good. If it's a chain link fence then it has holes in it you can shoot through but there's also solid ones etc

As with all stuff (ammo, etc) you have a limit on how many you can carry and you have to bring them with you when you leave the base.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Nice! I tried for a while to get that but just couldn’t make one of the jumps no matter how much I tried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the whaling wall

• Locked thread