Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
A friend is a little ways into Ultra Moon and asked me for a Charmander. I started to breed one up for him and like an hour in I popped a Shiny Jolly 5iv Charmander. The pokegods were with me today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Dehry posted:

The Pokemon can be transferred between games no problem.

Not sure if this is just a glitch in my game, but a necrozma (one originally from moon that I pokebanked into ultrasun) that had been merged with lunaala but was no longer wouldn't go through back to moon. The only difference in its state between when it was originally in moon to when I tried trading it back was a little more experience, and having forgotten a move when I fused it so it could learn moongeist beam while fused.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

hangedman1984 posted:

Not sure if this is just a glitch in my game, but a necrozma (one originally from moon that I pokebanked into ultrasun) that had been merged with lunaala but was no longer wouldn't go through back to moon. The only difference in its state between when it was originally in moon to when I tried trading it back was a little more experience, and having forgotten a move when I fused it so it could learn moongeist beam while fused.

I've not gotten far enough in US to muck with Necrozma, but could it be that Moongeist Beam is an illegal move for it and that's what's preventing you from moving it back to Moon?
That was the story with Primal Groudon, Kyogre, and Dragon Ascent Rayquaza when going from ORAS to XY.

Nevermind. I see Necrozma forgets it upon changing forms back to normal.

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 22, 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, next week, in the anime, Ash finds a group of Passimians and befriends them. They're playing a sort of tournament with the leaders of the Passimians of other islands to decide who is going to be the leading team of all Passimians, but the team Ash met kinda sucks. Enamored with their movements and style, Ash decides to help them win.

:psyduck:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Oh sweet innocent totally not racist Japan.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

A friend is a little ways into Ultra Moon and asked me for a Charmander. I started to breed one up for him and like an hour in I popped a Shiny Jolly 5iv Charmander. The pokegods were with me today.
Are you giving it to your friend or keeping it?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Fritzler posted:

Are you giving it to your friend or keeping it?

I gave it to my friend

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So, next week, in the anime, Ash finds a group of Passimians and befriends them. They're playing a sort of tournament with the leaders of the Passimians of other islands to decide who is going to be the leading team of all Passimians, but the team Ash met kinda sucks. Enamored with their movements and style, Ash decides to help them win.

:psyduck:

Are they still fighting the Ultra Beasts?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are they still fighting the Ultra Beasts?

Sorta. They fought an Ultra Beast a couple of weeks ago and then went to a wrestling show, Ash is putting on black face and the week after that, they're hanging out with Ilima.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Isn't calling animal makeup "blackface" pretty racist in and of itself?

He's pretending to be a lemur, not a Black person.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

CubeTheory posted:

I gave it to my friend

You're a good person.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Has the Detective Pikachu trailer not been posted yet? It's something, alright :allears:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
im glad detective pikachu survived looking at mimikyu's true form

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Details for March's Heatran / Regigigas distribution have been posted.
https://www.pokemonlegendary.com/en-us/distributions/detail-march/
Gotta be signed up for the Pokemon Trainer Club e-mails to get the code.

Were these codes single use last time? I wanna know if I need to register under 4 alts to get the five codes for me and my kid's games.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Beter start creating them.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

There's probably a chance that both will be more widely available for download in 2 or 3 months. Although I don't know how many people would be scrambling to get Regigigas.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Anyone around who can share Battle Kitchen ***** with me sometime this weekend? I want to set things up so I can fully EV train at least one Pokémon per day with minimal time investment.

Edit: IE autocorrects Pokemon to Pokémon, lol

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 24, 2018

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

I don't know when exactly this code stops working but I found a spare Marshadow code I had got for someone and then completely forgot about. They don't need it anymore so I figured I'd post it here. Hopefully it will works

A7A88F8DMNR7M8QY

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zuzie posted:

There's probably a chance that both will be more widely available for download in 2 or 3 months. Although I don't know how many people would be scrambling to get Regigigas.

I'm not so sure anymore after Volcanion and Marshadow.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
I had picked up Sun digitally, but eventually lost interest. For what ever reason the Pokerus bit me and I've gotten back into in a hard way. One issue is though that whenever I start a battle in Ultra Moon there's a irritating beep, as though the game is alerting me to something. I'm not sure what it could be though, all of my team is full health and condition. It's just a single beep that happens right when my first one jumps into battle, but it happens every battle and it's driving me nuts. Any idea what it could be trying to tell me and how to turn it off? Google is pretty useless since all I find is people complaining about the low health sound, but that ain't it.

Edit: I'm not sure if I'm just remembering incorrectly but I could swear the beep I'm hearing is in older games to warn you that you pokemon is at lowish health. Though I could be wrong since nothing is damaged and man it drives me nuts.

Edit 2:

Jelly Omelettle posted:

I don't know when exactly this code stops working but I found a spare Marshadow code I had got for someone and then completely forgot about. They don't need it anymore so I figured I'd post it here. Hopefully it will works

A7A88F8DMNR7M8QY

Apparently it was still a good code. I just picked him up, thanks!

Free Drinks fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Feb 24, 2018

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Today is apparently the two year anniversary of finishing my living Pokedex. I'mma celebrate by catching a gently caress ton of Dratini during Pokemon go community day.

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer
At Gamestop, I asked the guy if they had any Dialga/Palkia codes left this close to the end of the month. He said "Sure, how many do you want?" Intended as a joke, I replied "How many do you have?"

So I have 40 codes to give away. PM me, bug Aegbno in the Discord linked in the OP, or quote this with some way for me to contact you if you want one.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Recycling Centerpiece posted:

At Gamestop, I asked the guy if they had any Dialga/Palkia codes left this close to the end of the month. He said "Sure, how many do you want?" Intended as a joke, I replied "How many do you have?"

So I have 40 codes to give away. PM me, bug Aegbno in the Discord linked in the OP, or quote this with some way for me to contact you if you want one.

Hey I don't have PMs and I'm not in the discord anymore for some reason, but I'd appreciate a code if you still have one by the time you see this :v: My discord handle is rianofski#4692!

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Recycling Centerpiece posted:

Haha, weird. The exact same thing happened to me, though I only took three that got used up quick.

This, this is the sound I'm talking about. What the hell is it and how do I stop it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLVZZVWQlMs

(That Bellprout is a full health and no status effects, as is the whole party)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Those beeps accompany the appearance of the poke ball icons in the lower left of the top screen, indicating the size of your party. They're also played for enemy trainers.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

Those beeps accompany the appearance of the poke ball icons in the lower left of the top screen, indicating the size of your party. They're also played for enemy trainers.

Ugh, so that's what it is. Thanks for answering, it was such a weird question to google. Sucks that it won't be going away, but at least I know what the hell it is now. That should help make it a tiny bit less annoying.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

So after being given a 3DS and Moon back in July, N+1th Doctor finally got through Vast Poni Canyon, beat my boy Guzma and worst mom ever, and caught Lunala. All while wandering outside with me and Mrs. Doctor while we caught Dratini in Pokemon Go.

I felt super proud of her. She'd been stuck in the canyon for months because she couldn't figure out the way to go.

Then the game reset in my pocket and she got to do it all over again :eng99:
I took over the totem battle, half of Lusamine, and catching Lunala to help ease the frustration but the kid demonstrated a lot of perseverance.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Nth Doctor posted:

So after being given a 3DS and Moon back in July, N+1th Doctor finally got through Vast Poni Canyon, beat my boy Guzma and worst mom ever, and caught Lunala. All while wandering outside with me and Mrs. Doctor while we caught Dratini in Pokemon Go.

I felt super proud of her. She'd been stuck in the canyon for months because she couldn't figure out the way to go.

I took over the totem battle, half of Lusamine, and catching Lunala to help ease the frustration but the kid demonstrated a lot of perseverance.

She's gotta learn the importance of saving :colbert:

...Good on her, though. :3:

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

mycelia posted:

She's gotta learn the importance of saving :colbert:

...Good on her, though. :3:

I tell her to save all the time and she's usually pretty good about it. She's on her way to the elite four now and understands the importance of saving after big battles

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Trying to farm Ultra Space for this horde of legendaries. I understand that the further into space you go, the more probable it will be that the fancier rings will show up, but if I were to compare two wormholes that appear the same, with the same ring variety - will one deeper into Ultra Space be more probable to offer a legendary at that point? Or am I just going deeper into space to see those rings appear more frequently, hopefully for the max-sparkly variety?

I just wonder from a time perspective, and my lack of skill, if I should just spam those double-rings hoping to find the legendaries. I hope that made sense.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Try to go as far as possible. Once you get good at it you can near-guarantee running into a flowery ring pattern. Legendaries can appear in lower-rarity holes, but not very often. I'm not sure if how far you go helps the odds of a legendary inasmuch as it just increases your odds at flowery ring patterns.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Nth Doctor posted:

When I’m working on something on a computer, I compulsively hit command-s after basically every thought or sentence. I attribute this in large part to all the RPGs I played on my Gameboy. It’s so strong that I’ll do it while posting stuff on the internet, which is annoying because the save dialog will drop down.

I guess what I’m saying is that your kid is learning a valuable skill.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

ShadeofBlue posted:

When I’m working on something on a computer, I compulsively hit command-s after basically every thought or sentence. I attribute this in large part to all the RPGs I played on my Gameboy. It’s so strong that I’ll do it while posting stuff on the internet, which is annoying because the save dialog will drop down.

I guess what I’m saying is that your kid is learning a valuable skill.

Oh absolutely. It's a tough lesson but I can't say I haven't neglected to save at the end of a hard Day's coding, only for my PC to reboot overnight. She goin learn one way or the other.

Then there was the time I developed a standalone app over weeks and my workstation died before I got it into source control...

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So I started playing Crystal and realized the only way to get an Electabuzz early is to get one from the odd egg. How much worse is the 0 DV one going to be compared to the 2hp/10else shiny one? It's a 2 percent from the egg for better dvs and I don't know if I want to grind that long.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It's a pokemon single player game it literally doesn't matter

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Pokemon website has been doing a countdown until Pokemon Day, which is tomorrow (the 27th) for the western countries it serves. The countdown should be at #2 today so I think someone messed up.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/968138593997815808

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Does the Pokemon Bank delete your pokemon if you don't renew in a certain timeframe? I don't think I had anything of importance stored there but it looks like my renewal expired in December and I didn't get a notice that the expiration was coming up and my brother just gave me his copy of Sun so I'm looking to get into it again.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:rip:

There's a new Pokemon trailer. Waiting for the shady youtube link.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dehry posted:

:rip:

There's a new Pokemon trailer. Waiting for the shady youtube link.

Trailer for what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zore posted:

Trailer for what?

Probably for the show. If it was anything major there'd be a lot more noise.

I'm getting itchy to play something after skipping USUM, think I might go on an adventure with my good friend Totodile in an ORAS playthrough. Who should I use for an interesting trip?