Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

euphronius posted:

Do you like Donovan Mitchell ?

Lmao I'm just glad Philly fan's "protect my draft pick's honor even if no one is besmirching it by making GBS threads on any rookie anyone might compare to them" has moved on from Ingram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao Rick

Also re the Kawhi article those types of things are usually reported with the reporter knowing a lot more than can be printed due to knowledge that is off the record or has only one source.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

quote:

Avery Bradley (athletic pubalgia) iffy Thurs

:stare:

It's essentially a sports hernia. Athletic pubalgia sounds so much worse.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Disillusionist posted:

That article contained zero new information and ended with the author saying that regardless of what is going on, Kawhi and Pop's relationship has not been harmed by what Pop said yesterday.

So unless Kawhi wants to be the first player to turn down the designated veteran player extension (which I imagine the Spurs would offer) or they get an insane offer (not two bad overpaid players and a late 1st) Kawhi will probably be staying!

I feel like you're taking my very serious response to an even more serious post a little too seriously.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also arguably PG in effect turned down a dvpe.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If the Spurs lose Kawhi that's equal to the last ten years of Knicks and bulls suffering :colbert:

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

The only person the Spurs should be willing to give Kawhi up for is AD.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
kawhi has the yips

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Honestly if we lose Kawhi I'm just switching to hockey for like two years and meditating in the hills
I was at the ducks game ln it wasn't that bad. NBA games should end with massive half assed fights too.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Honestly if we lose Kawhi I'm just switching to hockey for like two years and meditating in the hills
I was at the ducks game ln it wasn't that bad. NBA games should end with massive half assed fights too.

Don't switch to hockey, just watch more national broadcasts of contenders.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I wouldn't trade Kawhi's degenerative hip and leg for Andrew Wiggins

I'd make that trade in a second.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Shook rear end techbro

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Punkin Spunkin posted:

hockey is one poop rear end sport for morons tho.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Metapod posted:

Shook rear end techbro
Hey hey hey I never said I'd start rooting for the warriors

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Lmao I'm just glad Philly fan's "protect my draft pick's honor even if no one is besmirching it by making GBS threads on any rookie anyone might compare to them" has moved on from Ingram.

Lol

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Sorry for your Spurs fandom struggle.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Sac is like all the tech douchery of the Warriors, but with none of the success of interesting players to make it mildly tolerable.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Athanatos posted:

Sorry for your Spurs fandom struggle.
thank you it's been really hard
might not even get 50 wins :(

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

euphronius posted:

Also arguably PG in effect turned down a dvpe.

You can't turn down what isn't offered. Would Cousins, Butler or George have insisted on a trade if they had those offers on the table?

If the front office doesn't want that kind of contract on the books or don't think they can compete for a title during its span, they trade the guy while they can get value.

Also PG wasn't even eligible to receive one because he didn't make the All-NBA team in 2 of the 3 previous seasons.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Disillusionist posted:

You can't turn down what isn't offered. Would Cousins, Butler or George have insisted on a trade if they had those offers on the table?

If the front office doesn't want that kind of contract on the books or don't think they can compete for a title during its span, they trade the guy while they can get value.

Also PG wasn't even eligible to receive one because he didn't make the All-NBA team in 2 of the 3 previous seasons.

I said arguable.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Spurs fans are soft

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Spurs fans are soft
well if I had to deal with the syrian civil war of teams I'd feel the same way too
robert sarver is the lion assad

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Spurs fans are soft

Literally spurs fans here wanted to tank after having the 3rd best record like a month earlier

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are Marvin Bagley or Mo Bamba Duncan tier?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
if it aint a ring it dont mean a thing

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

zoux posted:

Not right now but it's also not fair, Duncan was not GREAT as a freshman either and it was not much of a guess when it came to picking him since he was a senior and already firmly one of the best basketball players in the country.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/966784279563964416

Hmmm

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

zoux posted:

No. They're pretty pinnacle O and D prospects respectively though.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/966795893868515328

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If I was better at making basketball highlights I'd show you all the David West's passing centric warriors sets that I just saw. If they'd had david west instead of mo speights in the 73 win season I Think they might have won 78

Milos Teodosic is incredible

If you're a spurs fan you should retain your san antonio snootiness by constantly pointing out how good their offense is while taking 100 midrange jumpers per game, they don't need to follow trends, they're on another plane, ascended, much like the Ancients and Others from Stargate SG-1

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 23, 2018

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

zoux posted:

Duke just changed to a Zone defense midseason because Marvin Bagley doesn't understand defense

He has Chris Bosh but better ceiling but right now he LACKS DISCIPLINE (and it takes advantage of his ability to cover out to the perimeter while still not being a sound fundamental defender)

I won't talk about Ayton because I have nae watched him

Punkin Spunkin posted:

well if I had to deal with the syrian civil war of teams I'd feel the same way too
robert sarver is the lion assad

Please don't besmirch the Lion

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 23, 2018

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chunkles posted:

For your MVP consideration, James Harden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkLUjmJzZM

e: apparently this is two years old but whatever it's a good video

I'm way behind on this thread, but the top comment on the Deadspin article about this video was "Give the kid a break, he learned to play defense from James Harden"

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
let's all join hands and pray for the spurs, that HEB shifts their advertising budget entirely over to houston teams. jj watt needs something to do with his free time and harden/crispy paul clearly have better screen chemistry than kawhi & friends.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

This is really good news. The Spurs are 24-10 with Gay in the lineup, 11-14 without.

Hopefully after he comes back he doesn't demand a trade and then sit out the rest of the year.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/966824795164815362

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/966825484733599744

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fultz and the lakers first for Kawhi?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I have the hotline number.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but DownToBuck got shut down and I'm sad :(

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

The Duggler posted:

god dammit where is the congressional inquiry into this

youtube is censoring jon leuer highlight videos and i will not stand for it!!!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

The Duggler posted:

He has a new channel up but I don't remember what it is. Apparently, it was NBA India that shut down his original channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Kawhi is apparently out for the season. No word on playoffs. John Wall is probably out until april

• Locked thread