Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/966760767231025153

The Panthers are all-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

HE HAS 2 GOALS IN 25 GAMES

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

what the gently caress

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I have no idea what to make of Vatrano. He seems so forgettable, but then again you don't go a goal a game for a 30+ game stretch randomly. I guess he just kinda flatlined, but it's so strange that all three of Vatrano, Khoklachev and Griffith all failed to pan out.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

HE HAS 2 GOALS IN 25 GAMES

One time he had 36 in 36 in the AHL!

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
A 3rd seems like a lot but also Dale Tallon is dumb.

ThinkTank posted:

it's so strange that all three of Vatrano, Khoklachev and Griffith all failed to pan out.

They're all pretty small I guess? Not sure you can say Khoklachev didn't pan out, he just barely got a chance in the NHL, hosed off the the KHL and seems to be pretty good there.

Thufir fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 22, 2018

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Vatrano has big offensive upside but he kind of sucks. Maybe a change of scenery will help but I really soured on him and he's never going to get a shot now with the emergence of DeBrusk/Heinen, Spooner not being rear end anymore, etc.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Vatrano has big offensive upside but he kind of sucks. Maybe a change of scenery will help but I really soured on him and he's never going to get a shot now with the emergence of DeBrusk/Heinen, Spooner not being rear end anymore, etc.

Panthers fans are saying they want to see him on the top line with Dadonov and Barkov. 2 goals in 25 games!!! they tried that poo poo with Seth Griffith too, oh throw him on the top line, what can it hurt *everything immediately hurts, tremendously*. dang it all.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

what is the critical error in their player valuation that leads to "guy is repeatedly healthy scratched; send them a 3rd rounder"

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Dammit don't trade grabner, he's the only Ranger that can score a goal right now.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Tailored Sauce posted:

Dammit don't trade grabner, he's the only Ranger that can score a goal right now.

This is a good thing tbh.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
listening to local sports radio today, supposedly some reporter with sportsnet is saying Karlsson wants out of ottawa

can't find anything online about it though

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/KKurzNHL/status/966765288032210945

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Aye Doc posted:

what the gently caress

Goondolences Florida fans

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I root for anyone from East Longmeadow to fail

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Boats freeing up a roster spot for another trade

E: Boston not boats

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

JMFJ is apparently in talks to extend with the CBJ so take what I said earlier and throw it out the window.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Frank Vatrano's only skill is his wicked shot, so if he can play regularly with players that just set him up to fire pucks on net he could be good, but otherwise he suuuucks.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
This has been a painful sad year as a cats fan 😞

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

ThinkTank posted:

Washington is on top of the East

Did you copy the OP from last year, cause Washington is a pretty solid 4th in the East.

Ginette Reno posted:

Pittsburgh - We want a center so we can three peat. Brassard is the target, but if not him then probably some scrub lord like Letestu or Plekanec.

Take Bozak dammit!

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

T-Bone posted:

I hope if the Preds trade Fabbro that they get more than a rental for him. He's not worth moving for that. Hoffman or Domi would work (or Zucc).

Anyway the Devils - Are probably one of the only teams that could easily take the hypothetical Karlsson contract AND the Ryan contract without loving their Cap, but I don't expect Shero to make that big of a wave and he's on record saying he likes their prospect depth, which would certainly be demolished in a trade like that.

I think they'll probably end up adding a middle six forward if anything, and won't move their first round pick or McLeod/Zacha. They've got Gibbons and MoJo coming back soon (and Schneider), so a lot of the reinforcements will be internal.

Yeah, Shero has been clear about not deviating from the rebuild and they are getting important players back, as you've mentioned. There's good chemistry and four solid lines. But I agree, they might add a solid forward or defenseman for the playoff run. When everyone gets healthy, the four forward lines should be:

Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Johansson-Zacha-Palmieri
Coleman-Zajac-Noesen
Gibbons-Boyle-Wood

That third line is being used a defensive shutdown line, which I don't mind (until they get picked apart in the playoffs), and that fourth line is one of the best fourths in the league. If Noesen was upgraded to someone who could score, that would be nice.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/BrettCyrgalis/status/966794538395332608

all the cool poo poo is gonna happen over the weekend and leave a really boring deadline day, huh

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rangers lineup gonna be so bad...

Depending on who they get back (doesn’t seem horribly likely they’ll get impact players in return) their lineup is gonna be really thin. They apparently also said they wouldn’t burn ELC years on Chytil or Andersson so if they get called up it won’t be until the end of the season

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Give all the Rangers an early vacation and just play the entire Wolfpack at this point.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/botchford/status/966550984876052480

Quit Cheering For the Canucks

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

gently caress

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Florida is the only team dumb enough to offer that right

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Levitate posted:

Florida is the only team dumb enough to offer that right

I wouldn’t count out Old Man Lou, even though the Leafs weren’t in the rumour mill

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/BrettCyrgalis/status/966794538395332608

all the cool poo poo is gonna happen over the weekend and leave a really boring deadline day, huh

Same as it ever was.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

That's sounds like Bergevin

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

I’m very excited for the three 1st round picks Detroit will get for Mike Green.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Tailored Sauce posted:

Give all the Rangers an early vacation and just play the entire Wolfpack at this point.

They would still beat Arizona, Vancouver and Edmonton.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
can nashville afford Nash and Zuccarello? if so i would do both for tolvanen, but zuke is Not Allowed to go to any other team

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Lagreca is apparently saying the Nash trade is close.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I hope the Preds don't give up too much for Nash. :ohdear:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

yellowcar posted:

I hope the Preds don't give up too much for Nash. :ohdear:

Fabbro pls.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I hope Nasher comes back to us in the offseason (at a much lower price point)

Thufir
May 19, 2004

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

can nashville afford Nash and Zuccarello? if so i would do both for tolvanen, but zuke is Not Allowed to go to any other team

They have 13m-ish cap space so they probably could but Poile said he wasn't moving Tolvanen.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Rangers can retain ok both of them to sweeten the pot. Maybe even take on a bad contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I hope Nashville overpays for the corpse of Rick Nash

• Locked thread