Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Very sad to read this. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

gently caress. I can't say I knew him that well but looking back at his post history there's a lot I remember enjoying and lauhing at. RIP McEdger and much strength to everyone whose lives were touched by him :sigh:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
RIP Skinty :( quality poster

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
RIP Skinty. He was always cool. :(

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ah man, I'm not as close to anyone here even though I've been around for 11 years. This sucks, and I hope you're doing alright Matt.

Most of you are really fantastic people and Iove being able to mope about wrestling with you all.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I took the day off to mourn. Feeling much better than I was last night after getting in touch with his family.

After looking around I realized that Skinty only told me he wasn't sure what was up with his pancreas back in September. Not even 6 months ago. I can't believe how quickly it took him from us.

Cancer loving sucks.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rip what an awful thing to happen :(

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

RIP Skinty, always enjoyed his posts through the years. Cancer is stupid as hell

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

wRESTle IN PEACE, Skinty

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gently caress cancer. RIP :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus, gently caress cancer so goddamn much.

HulkaMatt posted:

In more positive news I found out my logs have not been completely deleted, and I have a history of convos with him dating all the way back to March of 2012. This makes me very happy.

I'm really glad you have these, it's nice to know a part of him remains with you and you'll always have the memory :unsmith:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HulkaMatt posted:

After looking around I realized that Skinty only told me he wasn't sure what was up with his pancreas back in September. Not even 6 months ago. I can't believe how quickly it took him from us.

Cancer loving sucks.

Pancreatic cancer in particular is still almost a guaranteed death sentence. (I think the five-year survival rate is still only about 5 percent; Steve Jobs had literally all the money in the world and he couldn't beat it.) :smith:

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Timby posted:

Pancreatic cancer in particular is still almost a guaranteed death sentence. (I think the five-year survival rate is still only about 5 percent; Steve Jobs had literally all the money in the world and he couldn't beat it.) :smith:

Keep in mind he ate herbs instead of getting Chemo.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
gently caress cancer so much. It ain’t loving right.

My condolences to his family and friends. But remember he’s immortalized on these forums and no one is truly gone so long as you remember them.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Keep in mind he ate herbs instead of getting Chemo.

Yeah, Steve Jobs was a loving idiot who had very treatable cancer and decided to go homeopathic on it.

RIP Skinty. gently caress the Tories.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh gently caress I can't believe I only just found this.

Skinty was my favourite person on these forums and a genuine friend. We've been chatting through AIM and Facebook for the last seven years. It started off as just joking about wrestling but then we started sharing personal stuff and soon he became an integral part of my support system. I didn't have much in the way of friends back when I first met him and so he really meant a lot to me. We met each other for Raw 1000 and he was just as funny and charming in person as he came across online. He told me when he first got sick but he didn't like to talk about it too much. A couple of weeks ago he told me there was nothing else the doctors could do so and we said our goodbyes. Skinty was kind, he was a great listener, he was inspirational and I'm so grateful that I was able to have him as a part of my life for so long. We lost a remarkable person far, far too young.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'm actually relieved you knew. I knew you two were pals and wanted to get in touch with you but all I knew was your twitter, and it looked like you hadn't used that in a while.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HulkaMatt posted:

I'm actually relieved you knew. I knew you two were pals and wanted to get in touch with you but all I knew was your twitter, and it looked like you hadn't used that in a while.

Thanks for thinking me.

Yeah, I've already been through my grieving process when he first told me. In a way I feel lucky because I was able to tell him how much he meant to me before he went. I've caught up with the thread, I'm really glad to hear how at peace he was at the end.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Farewell fellow Wrestlehutter. :(

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

Thanks for thinking me.

Yeah, I've already been through my grieving process when he first told me. In a way I feel lucky because I was able to tell him how much he meant to me before he went. I've caught up with the thread, I'm really glad to hear how at peace he was at the end.

You have no idea how much I hate you right now.I didn't get to-

For everybody else, hi. You probably don't know me, but this is The Thread. I'm an avid MMA fan, though, and also cooly casual with the rasslin, mostly thanks to Skinty.

But the hate- he didn't tell me, and that fits with the sort of person he was: rarely a problem, and never a pain; mostly a witty respite for weary and cynical souls. He always had the punchline or the quip to put things in perspective. Yet as for his own problems, he had to be pressed and pressed, and even then, he'd admit only the smallest things, and even then, only grudgingly.

I loved him because everything about him was joy. His words were funny. His thoughts were true. His interests were intriguing, and he was always good for an amazing game recommend or two, or five, or- well, he really liked games, okay? As long as Steam is a thing, I'll scroll down the list and see titles I love, thanks to his goading.

Skinty tuned me into Prison Architect in 2014. Skinty had me download the book of the downfall of WCW. Skinty showed me Misfits and The Wire. Skinty wrote some of the best short fiction I've ever read.

Skinty was a loving legend, and cancer has robbed the world of what he was capable of.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not sure I ever interacted with him much or ever, but always sucks to lose someone and always sucks that people have to go before people realise how much of an impact they had in the vast majority of cases.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Good poster. RIP dude.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I didn't know Skinty, well, at all, and my heart goes to those who have lost a dear friend. I do remember I often enjoyed Skinty's posts and it's clear he made this forum and those who knew him better for being involved with them.

gently caress cancer.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Man, that's horrible to hear. RIP

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Oh god :(

RIP Skinty

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

RIP

servo106
Apr 26, 2006

Coming out of lurking to offer my condolences to his family and friends. RIP you were a funny dude.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Can't say I knew the guy personally, but we're a small group and it sucks to lose someone to cancer. RIP Skinty.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
When AIM was around, I spoke with him daily. He was actually responsible for some of the match-ups in BOLA 2015 (Pentagon/Sabre Jr., Angelico/Evans and Sydal/Fenix). I can't think of a single negative thing to say about him. The world was a better place with him in it. RIP.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Man that sucks. Is there anywhere to donate?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
drat this sucks

RIP Skinty

Krasnaya
Sep 21, 2009

Hey everyone, i’m Skinty’s long-term partner and I had no idea this thread existed, but it has made me so glad to see how many lives he has touched. I’ve been struggling a lot to cope with everything, as it was mentioned before, everything escalated very quickly and we were a bit blindsided by it all since he was progressing nicely in his treatment. But alas, cancer isn’t predictable.

Cancer loving blows. But he took everything in stride - all the way through the end of it all. He kept saying he had the easy part, and wished he didn’t have to cause pain to so many people he cared about deeply. He was constantly surrounded by family and friends and he was not in any pain.

If anyone would like to talk to me about it, I’m happy to share what I know within reason. I know some people have been in contact with his family on Facebook but they’re struggling as well, so I’m trying to pick up some slack where I can since I promised him I’d do that. You can message me on here or I also have Kik/FB

Hulkamatt - hi! I’ve heard so much about you!

EDIT: I saw someone ask about donations. Skinty stayed at the Canterbury Pilgrims Hospice in the UK and I can say, it was a great experience and he was so comfortable there, as was I and his friends/family that visited him nonstop. Staff there are all incredible and he had a really meaningful connection with the doctor there. He wanted donations to be made to there if you are so inclined: https://www.pilgrimshospices.org/get-involved/donate/

Krasnaya fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 22, 2018

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
RIP buddy. Condolences to all who are affected.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I wondered where his av had gone. Figured he was just one of the guys who kinda dropped out of discussion as quality went down. Didn't interact with him that much but any RR poster is a buddy of mine. Shame about this, hope his family's doing okay.

E: Just say Krasnaya's post above. Hope you're doing okay.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey Krasnaya, thanks for posting and I hope you are doing okay, or as best you can given the situation. If you don't mind I'll add the Canterbury Pilgrims Hospice link to the thread title and sticky it, so that it is visible for anybody who wants to make a donation.

I didn't know Skinty at all outside of our interactions on this subforum, but I have nothing but good memories of reading his posts and everything I have heard about him indicates he was the type of person who just made people happy and feel valued. It is a loss for us, but I can't imagine how much of a loss it is for those who actually knew him well, or were lucky enough to count themselves amongst his loved ones like you.

Krasnaya
Sep 21, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Hey Krasnaya, thanks for posting and I hope you are doing okay, or as best you can given the situation. If you don't mind I'll add the Canterbury Pilgrims Hospice link to the thread title and sticky it, so that it is visible for anybody who wants to make a donation.

I didn't know Skinty at all outside of our interactions on this subforum, but I have nothing but good memories of reading his posts and everything I have heard about him indicates he was the type of person who just made people happy and feel valued. It is a loss for us, but I can't imagine how much of a loss it is for those who actually knew him well, or were lucky enough to count themselves amongst his loved ones like you.

Yes, feel free to sticky/repost whatever. The Pilgrims Hospice was fantastic and deserve all of the recognition. They literally let me camp out there for days so I could be with him/take care of him, and didn’t even bat an eyelash at my apparent insanity through all of this. They’re an amazing organization.

Skinty was great at relationship building, and just great with people in general. He was an observer. He’d know more things about you just from looking at you and observing you than you could ever tell him yourself. He an innnate intuition and a sharp sense of humor. I’m devastated but I’m so, so glad to have known such an amazing man and to have shared my love with him, which I will treasure for the rest of my life.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Krasnaya posted:

Hulkamatt - hi! I’ve heard so much about you!

oh god

Krasnaya posted:

Cancer loving blows. But he took everything in stride - all the way through the end of it all. He kept saying he had the easy part, and wished he didn’t have to cause pain to so many people he cared about deeply. He was constantly surrounded by family and friends and he was not in any pain.

Thanks so much for posting this! I had contacted his mother and she had told me hew as surrounded by his loved ones - but I dunno. I didn't really wanna press further and ask where he was or what kind of state he was in. Information like this makes me feel a whole lot better. I'm really happy to know he was comfortable.

I'll definitely be sure to donate once I get paid.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 22, 2018

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
I liked his posts. RIP, good brother.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Propose we name one of our year end awards after him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Propose we name one of our year end awards after him

loving right. I'd suggest a sort of Person Of The Year for doing Good poo poo IRL but I think most people wouldn't want to submit the personal information necessary to decide that. :shobon:

• Locked thread