Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

WaffleLove posted:

Hmm. I'll need to try it again then. I kinda wanted to try out that upcoming outbreak mode or whatever.

Outbreak is fun and the best warmup imaginable. Headshots are incredibly important and it gets really hectic really fast.

Doc's P90 is nuts. I haven't come in anything but first the few rounds I tried, and picked exclusively operators with 50 round magazines.

They're better than LMG's because better recoil, they have much faster reloads, and shotguns because they don't kill fast enough

The pump shotguns are fun but reloading is an issue, and the Russian auto shotgun can't reliably kill a single zomboid in one shot at 3 feet

Pick any gun it will still be a fun time, especially when arms start coming out of walls, zombie kool-aid men walk through walls into the room, and you're friend shoots the explosive grunt while it's near the Jager, killing him

What a boner killer that it's only a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

WaffleLove posted:

Have they fixed the match making? Do you still wait 10min ques before a match? I only tried the ladder once, but I really do miss dicking around in quickplay with this game.
Yet a lot of the issues that we complained about in beta (poor hit detection, queue times, match making) seemed to of plagued it still when I tried playing during Operation Health..

I never had to wait more than a 1.5 minutes ever in this game. If timer is going above 3 minutes and still no match just restart because it's bugged.

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

Penpal posted:

Outbreak is fun and the best warmup imaginable. Headshots are incredibly important and it gets really hectic really fast.

Doc's P90 is nuts. I haven't come in anything but first the few rounds I tried, and picked exclusively operators with 50 round magazines.

They're better than LMG's because better recoil, they have much faster reloads, and shotguns because they don't kill fast enough

The pump shotguns are fun but reloading is an issue, and the Russian auto shotgun can't reliably kill a single zomboid in one shot at 3 feet

Pick any gun it will still be a fun time, especially when arms start coming out of walls, zombie kool-aid men walk through walls into the room, and you're friend shoots the explosive grunt while it's near the Jager, killing him

What a boner killer that it's only a month

It's only a month? :( Head shots have always mattered against the NPC's and even players in this game :) It the lag/detection that'll get yeah sometimes :()
Nothing beats watching a new recruit fortifies the walls between bombs, or run a Fuse with hostage.
I remember talk about them removing FF in QP, did they do that?
It was how we use to punish new players who fortified wrong, by jst shooting them in the head for the hassle they caused.

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

keyframe posted:

I never had to wait more than a 1.5 minutes ever in this game. If timer is going above 3 minutes and still no match just restart because it's bugged.

So no. they haven't fixed that bug yet :( That a pain if you team up with people and accidentally leave with out the group.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

WaffleLove posted:

It's only a month? :( Head shots have always mattered against the NPC's and even players in this game :) It the lag/detection that'll get yeah sometimes :()
Nothing beats watching a new recruit fortifies the walls between bombs, or run a Fuse with hostage.
I remember talk about them removing FF in QP, did they do that?
It was how we use to punish new players who fortified wrong, by jst shooting them in the head for the hassle they caused.

Outbreak is only available for a month so they can have a fake scarcity on their Outbreak loot crates. Stupid

Headshots have always mattered, but the normal zombie enemies you face aren't like online opponents or t-hunt mooks, in that they don't go down in 3 body shots. If you don't aim for the head of the zombie, you could potentially be wasting time because they come fast. They take like 7-10 rounds before dying from just body shots.

FF is on 100% of the time in casual and ranked nothing has changed

If a complete noob puts a barricade up on the wall between bombs I just use it as a teaching moment instead of just being toxic but whatever, it's just a game

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

Penpal posted:

Outbreak is only available for a month so they can have a fake scarcity on their Outbreak loot crates. Stupid

Headshots have always mattered, but the normal zombie enemies you face aren't like online opponents or t-hunt mooks, in that they don't go down in 3 body shots. If you don't aim for the head of the zombie, you could potentially be wasting time because they come fast. They take like 7-10 rounds before dying from just body shots.

FF is on 100% of the time in casual and ranked nothing has changed

If a complete noob puts a barricade up on the wall between bombs I just use it as a teaching moment instead of just being toxic but whatever, it's just a game

Eh. I normally do it if they continue with it. Example, 4 match's with the same person and every time they do it, and you explain why, the team explains why, they still do it. Kinda like the Fuze. he fine to pick, but lol if you keep clustering the hostage room cause you think it funny. just faster to headshot them at spawn. I know it QP, but dick around in different manner :)

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

WaffleLove posted:

So no. they haven't fixed that bug yet :( That a pain if you team up with people and accidentally leave with out the group.

It is not something that happens with regularity. I see it maybe every 100 games.

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

keyframe posted:

It is not something that happens with regularity. I see it maybe every 100 games.

It use to feel more frequent back in my time :( I remember as an example playing games, finding some great people in QP. We stay grouped and waiting 20 mins. But that was prior too operation health. Last time I fully gave any time to this game was when they released Hibana and Echo.
I miss the trippy effect Echos droid had on you

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

asterioth posted:

Also chanka looking at guns for a potential buff is good.

It's just supposed to be him looking at auctions for WW2 Soviet hardware since that's his One Personality Gimmick In The Lore, but it'd be funny if they do use that as a justification for the buff.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So, are there any impressions of the two new ops around yet, particularly their guns? I've got a pile of Renown burning a hole in my pocket and I've been thinking about getting a new attacker. Finka in particular looked kinda fun to me, so now I'm wondering whether to wait until they drop or just go with like Jackal or Zofia instead.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
https://my.mixtape.moe/lwnrxf.mp4 Ying is my new mommy holy gently caress

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

AppleDan posted:

Ying is my new mommy holy gently caress

Wait. Are you able to rappel up that light??

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Perestroika posted:

So, are there any impressions of the two new ops around yet, particularly their guns? I've got a pile of Renown burning a hole in my pocket and I've been thinking about getting a new attacker. Finka in particular looked kinda fun to me, so now I'm wondering whether to wait until they drop or just go with like Jackal or Zofia instead.

finka is bae

fwiw if you go Jackal you will be pissing off defenders frequently because his ability stacked with Lion's is pretty ridiculous if you think about it. will probably be very rare to see a team without both of the new ops on them for a while so its worth considering synergy if you're interested the meta stuff. practically everyone gets good guns

AppleDan posted:

Ying is my new mommy holy gently caress

shotguns ftw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2V5mVc1JzA

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Hawt. First time seeing a draw. I doubt I'll see that in the wild.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
If you're looking for good guns, then the Jackal AR is just for you.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

We need an operator with this Thermite cannon

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

I honestly love shotguns and pistols. I'm kind of bad with automatic weapons but I love shreddin' with shotguns and marksman rifles. My team likes to dump on me for taking shotguns tho... That is some drat nice pump action btw, I stick to the semi auto shotguns since I usually get slapped if I miss the first pump shot.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

on maps like theme park shotgun ela is probably my favorite loadout and some of the most fun i've ever had in this game. she is the only 3 speed semiauto user i can think of

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Thief posted:

on maps like theme park shotgun ela is probably my favorite loadout and some of the most fun i've ever had in this game. she is the only 3 speed semiauto user i can think of

I like to take Mira's secondary shotgun for the utility and confirming kills or Valk's SPAS on defense. Despite what people say about the MPX I have, to this day, hit nothing with it ever.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Just to confirm Outbreak hasn't launched yet this is all on test server? I just want to make sure I'm not missing out while I can't play for a bit.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

Just to confirm Outbreak hasn't launched yet this is all on test server? I just want to make sure I'm not missing out while I can't play for a bit.

Outbreak is on the test server right now.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Ok just making sure it wasn't like full release yet thanks

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Thief posted:

Pulse? Smh

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Thoughts on Castle?
Ability and weapons?

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
O my. So far I'm liking some of what been added. The cellphones threw me off, playing DOC, start hearing a vibrating dont know wtf !_! The fact my machine doesn't spend 1min loading before each map. They've done some nice things :)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The Bananana posted:

Thoughts on Castle?
Ability and weapons?

I like playing as him because he is mostly a slight annoyance but occasionally if a teammate gets the right spawn peak or early kill he can totally gently caress up an attacker teams plan.

It's hilarious when a Ying is punching the baracades with 20 seconds left.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

same weapons as pulse.

ability is easily countered by experienced players and a seen as a mild hurdle at high rank

ability owns at low level with good map knowledge and game sense. but to get the most out of his ability you have to be good at tearing them down and relocating them on the fly without getting yourself killed and sometimes while actively in a shootout or engaging someone hunting you

when most people think of castle they imagine a bad player locked out of the objective in the last seconds which is cool. bad players imagine themselves being castled in as if they can't just tear down the wall in 2 seconds (which refunds him btw)

good players know that castle can specialize in specifically loving up roaming rotations until the last moments where he can lock down the obj if the opportunity arises then use his impact grenades to surprise attack anyone defusing or whatever

it pales so much comparison that i forgot

tbh i dont think of pulse much at all except when i'm crafting my most creepy operators tier list. he's one of my least played operators next to mute, not because he's bad, but because the ability just isn't nearly as fun to use as it is effective

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

asterioth posted:

Ok, the new cinematics for outbreak made me like thermite alot more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDhu56qGNqs

Also chanka looking at guns for a potential buff is good.

I'm more amazed that Tachanka has an indoor voice than anything else in those cinematics.

The Bananana posted:

Thoughts on Castle?
Ability and weapons?

Situational at best, funny if you're trying to piss off your own team. Actually kind of decent on Tower though. As noted before, it's a mild nuisance most of the time, but if you don't mind taking risks you can do things like holding most of your barricades until the last minute of the match to bog them down, even better if they're short the breachers. Usually better to go Pulse if you want an FBI guy to burn down a house though.

Also a boon to any enemy Fuze if you don't know where you're putting them and why.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm willing to bet that Outbreak mode is going to be regularly rotated in on a set schedule because it's going to be REALLY popular.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nebiros posted:

I'm more amazed that Tachanka has an indoor voice than anything else in those cinematics.

Situational at best, funny if you're trying to piss off your own team. Actually kind of decent on Tower though. As noted before, it's a mild nuisance most of the time, but if you don't mind taking risks you can do things like holding most of your barricades until the last minute of the match to bog them down, even better if they're short the breachers. Usually better to go Pulse if you want an FBI guy to burn down a house though.

Also a boon to any enemy Fuze if you don't know where you're putting them and why.

Counter the fuze with a mute, tho

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Nebiros posted:

I have a theory that a lot of the castle hate comes from the early days of the game where people had no idea where to place barricades. Honestly people do dumb poo poo with all the operators, not just castle.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Thief posted:

tbh i dont think of pulse much at all except when i'm crafting my most creepy operators tier list. he's one of my least played operators next to mute, not because he's bad, but because the ability just isn't nearly as fun to use as it is effective

It used to be a lot more fun when you had to deal with interpolation. :smith:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Castle and Mute are good together but without those jammers Castle really loses quite a bit of usefulness.

He needs to be able to carry more panels at this point though, there are so many operators now capable of getting through his panels that he's a way weaker choice than he was in the beginning of the games timeline.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 23, 2018

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Tumble posted:

Castle and Mute are good together but without those jammers Castle really loses quite a bit of usefulness.

He needs to be able to carry more panels at this point though, there are so many operators now capable of getting through his panels that he's a way weaker choice than he was in the beginning of the games timeline.

1 more at least. 2 or 3 more to make him a comparable adversary to rotating op4

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

All of this looks like german WW1 trench armor for machine gunners, not so much soviet armor. Especially since there's a tankgewehr in the hands of the rightmost guy.

Hah, fair call on that one! :v: I was at work when I posted that, so I couldn't take too good a look at it, prior to posting. I was actually thinking of this image of an armoured Soviet soldier holding a PPSh-41, but couldn't find it at the time.

EDIT:

Tumble posted:

Yeah, he definitely needs more panels at this point - preferably ones that take two hits from Sledge's sledgehammer before breaking, too. I'd also like it if you could hook up Bandit's batteries to the panels too, but oh well.

EDIT EDIT: \/\/\/ That's a good idea

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 23, 2018

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Keep the panel amount but make it so he can replace any broken ones. That way you have to breach or he can just barricade that entryway again when it's safe. God knows that practically every attacker has enough methods to punch through them as is, including literally punching through them.

Ed: Oh or make them Bandit compatible so you can't breach with anything but projectiles

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 23, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

more panels would be cool. as of now all they really do is tax the attackers of their explosives in a situation where they're used to dealing with him.

since he is already great for disrupting improvised rotations, an interesting buff would be to let him use his ability on hatches that have been opened. this would allow him to seal/unseal blown hatches throughout the round. it will naturally counter the eventual and inevitable op that has spring loaded mario boots to jump up hatch holes

also sledge should totally lose a ton of sledgehammer ammo when countering castle because otherwise its practically impossible to run out of stamina. it'd also be cool if it went both ways and took 2 sledge hits with the first 1 making a huge hole like glaz's gun used to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgp2gBVaIU8&t=22s

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Castle is the king of shooting off people's ankles when they try to breach

His walls are either useless or completely stop an unprepared enemy (rare). Lately when using him I have been just saving 1-2 walls and putting them up near the end. Seems to work well enough, his barricades also stop bullets when going up so you can put them up with enemies lurking

tjones
May 13, 2005
I like Castle and Castle strat rounds are the absolute best. He's very objective situational though. I also can't hit poo poo with his UMP half the time and the shotgun is one of the worst. He's still the coolest op.

I've said it before and I still think it's valid: give him an extra panel and have the panels completely seal the doorway.

He's really fun to play on plane:

https://streamable.com/o6zm9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

tjones posted:

I've said it before and I still think it's valid: give him an extra panel and have the panels completely seal the doorway.

https://streamable.com/o6zm9

So you can take away the one advantage of a castle barricade? Great idea.