Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

fart blood posted:

My avatar!

Where were you monsters hiding it??? :mad:

In his butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Sleeping Dogs ruled and I'm sad we'll never get a sequel because they decided to use the game universe for some lovely MOBA or something then decided it's failure must be because nobody liked the setting :mad:
A sequel was in the planning stages, with some interesting mechanics like multiple playable characters and an evolving, changing city... but for various reasons it never quite got the green light so the online game was made instead. Turns out one of the reasons the sequel never got greenlit was all the smart people got burned out and left after the first game was finished, which helped doom the online game to not being very good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Sleeping Dogs DLC that's basically Enter The Dragon is maybe my favourite thing a video game has ever done, outside of, like Chocolate Drop

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Sotar posted:

In his butt

Oh. Well it’s a shame he didn’t leave it there so I could fish it out. :bigtran::bigtran::bigtran:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Sleeping Dogs DLC that's basically Enter The Dragon is maybe my favourite thing a video game has ever done, outside of, like Chocolate Drop

There's something to be said for the DLC that adds in the Hopping Vampires. Also you can arrest the Hopping Vampires and lock them in the trunk of your car and drive them off a cliff instead of banishing them :hellyeah:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
[B]GFW/TNA/Impact/??? Thread: decade old games are more interesting then this brand/s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also I watched this.

Everybody watch this.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Also I watched this.

Everybody watch this.

This can't be the first time you're seeing that. If so, though, you're welcome!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

This can't be the first time you're seeing that. If so, though, you're welcome!

Never seen it before, so thank you! :)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Spiffster posted:

GFW/TNA/Impact/??? Thread: decade old games are more interesting then this brand/s
GFW/TNA/Impact/??? Thread: We Just Need Wei Shen

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

SR 4 is the series at its absolute most fun, but the game has some slow points and I wasn't blown away by the DLC.

SR 3 is a step down from Stillwater city wise, but the gameplay mechanics, vehicle customization and DLC are so much better.

SR 2 has the best story but it's rough to play.

SR 1 has the amazing proto MAGA conservative talk station except they are racist against Norway instead of everyone else.

All of this is spot on

Well I'm not sure about 1 because I never got to play it but the rest is spot on so I assume that is too

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was a fan of when Supergreatfriend did an entire saga for Bully Demise out of story-creator

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you wanna do crimes, do crimes with the original Godfather game. You can use a store owner's face to open his cash register. Plus they got the feel right for those old timey big steel body cars.

Saint's Row is great because its silly as hell but sometimes you just wanna break a dude's leg to get some cash.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

if you wanna do crimes, do crimes with the original Godfather game. You can use a store owner's face to open his cash register. Plus they got the feel right for those old timey big steel body cars.

Saint's Row is great because its silly as hell but sometimes you just wanna break a dude's leg to get some cash.

Oh yeah that first Godfather game was way better than it had any right to be.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
the best open world crime game is real life

too bad about the roguelike perma-death tho

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

You can do this in any saints row game

Even 4

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

You can do this in any saints row game

Even 4

yeah but its a random act of violence in SR. In Godfather they had a whole protection racket minigame built around the whole "It'd be a shame if something happened..." gangster trope.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

yeah but its a random act of violence in SR. In Godfather they had a whole protection racket minigame built around the whole "It'd be a shame if something happened..." gangster trope.

Not really, there's an entire stick up minigame to rob stores.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Godfather game was very good and I once committed such a spree of violence in it that the game simply faded to black and quit out. No crash, no error message. Just a graceful closure, like it was going "Yeah, you're not topping this."

Pity it doesn't work on modern Windows. :(

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Kins posted:

Just a graceful closure, like it was going "Yeah, you're not topping this."

That doesn't sound on-brand for the Godfather series.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
The Scarface gta clone where you get a button that makes Tony scream gently caress

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
How the Saints Saved Christmas was one of my favorite DLCs for the series. It was such a fun/dumb little story.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

corn in the bible posted:

The Scarface gta clone where you get a button that makes Tony scream gently caress
Scarface: The World is Yours is actually a really good GTA clone! It was made by Radical Entertainment, who also did those Simpsons PS2 games (Road Rage and Hit & Run) and went on to develop Sleeping Dogs as part of United Front Games.

The driving is solid, the open world isn't the best ever but gets the job done, and the combat is much smoother than any of the GTA games at the time. That taunt button fills up Tony's "BALLS" gauge, and when it's full you can activate a berserk rage mode where you just mow down everything, take little to no damage, and earn health with every guy you kill.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
No more TNA this thread is now for discussion of Row-like games only.

Actually the only TNA allowed is Hot Coffee.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in the good game you can dress as a cop the whole game while pretending very hard to not be a cop, which is very TNA

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The only good crime game series that has maintained such an insanely high level of quality comes from Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejxklDwvGx0

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 22, 2018

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Remember true crime: streets of la

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

That game was pretty awful but hilarious. I seem to remember everyone in LA knew kung fu, you fought Kim Jong Il in one of the endings, and Snoop Dogg was an unlockable character. Oh, and Christopher Walken was in it too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Taintrunner posted:

The only good crime game series that has maintained such an insanely high level of quality comes from Japan.

Remember Yakuza Dead Souls? Truly the TNA of Yakuza games

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the TNA of videogames is like... ValuSoft

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

The only reason I remember it is because the attempt to reboot it, a franchise made of two lovely games, gave us Sleeping Dogs, an actually good game.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Doc Morbid posted:

It was made by Radical Entertainment, who also did those Simpsons PS2 games (Road Rage and Hit & Run)

I'm so incredibly happy people still remember Hit & Run

Those games took up so much of my time when I was a teen

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm so incredibly happy people still remember Hit & Run

Those games took up so much of my time when I was a teen

Hit and Run is a little broken and the platforming is pretty bad but it's still far and away the best Simpsons game ever released.

I used to say second best but recently I went back and played the arcade game. That difficulty is ridiculous.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DJExile posted:

the TNA of videogames is like... ValuSoft

I would say the TNA game was the TNA of videogames but its still got better graphics ten years out than WWE games have now

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The TNA of videogames is the Gizmondo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

Dave Meltzer gives it 6 stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1b_VionPo

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Taintrunner posted:

The TNA of videogames is the Gizmondo

If you're accounting for Dixie though it would have to be the Ouya

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Can't believe TNA had Kazuma Kiryu for a full year and did nothing with him.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Is that TNA's Okato? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I had no loving idea they put in the straight up motherfucking Rainmaker, that's goddamn amazing