Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I should stop getting their chocolate chip cookies because I just want to eat the whole loving thing in one sitting

I will never stop getting them lol pbuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

How does Costco make so loving good Rotisserie Chicken and CAesar Salad? How.... ??

Read this article titled "The shocking truth behind Costco's $5 rotisserie chicken"

"The tender meat often contains several ingredients including sugar and salt -- even going so far to compare it a potato chip. In addition, the skin is flavored with MSG, sugar and other natural flavors. This combination helps explain why we can't have enough of the chicken. "

Holy hell, they season the chicken!

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

therobit posted:

Jesus Christ you monies. Just cook or freeze your fish before eating and you will be fine. Our if you are super fat don't and reap the weight loss rewards.

Yeah except chicken exists and is way better anyway.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

FCKGW posted:

Read this article titled "The shocking truth behind Costco's $5 rotisserie chicken"

"The tender meat often contains several ingredients including sugar and salt -- even going so far to compare it a potato chip. In addition, the skin is flavored with MSG, sugar and other natural flavors. This combination helps explain why we can't have enough of the chicken. "

loving just grabbed two birds, 12-pack of freshly baked ciabatta, and a big fucker of caesar salad and had a righteous MSG-fueled feast.

So god drat good. Also bought their massive take home and bake pepperoni pizza since I've never tried it before. Hope it doesn't suck.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Hey can some more adults come into the Costco thread to tell us all about how fish tastes yucky to them?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Hey can some more adults come into the Costco thread to tell us all about how fish tastes yucky to them?

Your avatar makes me suspect of anything you say, regarding fish and fish parasites.

In my mind, you are actually that fish, typing with clever artificial appendages.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Had the fish sticks, thank you goons they were delicious

Whipped up some fish tacos mm mm good eatin

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING ABOUT COSTCO....

But I've been waiting for my Costco Visa Rewards with great anticipation, because I need a set of tires. I knew I should be getting it any day, so I've been watching my email. Last week I saw a "free installation sale" come and go, which would have saved me $60. But anyway...

No reward certificate, even after I knew my "end of month" close happened on the card.

Went to the citibank site, and it said my reward was issued two days ago. Well... no it hadn't. Even been watching the spam folder.

I clicked, "Issue me a new certificate." I chose to print it out, in case there was an email issue. It said, "We just opened your certificate in a new tab, print away." There was no new tab.

Thankfully, they allowed me to request yet another one via email, and that one showed up in my inbox.

Sheesh.

GORDON fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 23, 2018

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Look at this wiener. Not even a Costco dog.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Not liking MSG is loving racist. There are no real reasons to hate MSG. It's an almost objectively superior alternative to salt that somehow gets pushed under the rug because apparently no one is able to accept that there is a superior alternative to salt.

I live in a huge population of Asian people and have ingested an incredible amount of MSG throughout my life (in fact I use MSG at home despite not being Asian, I know, crazy right) and somehow I mange to be a healthy human being.

It's the biggest bullshit propaganda effort in modern cuisine.

Wirth1000 posted:

loving just grabbed two birds, 12-pack of freshly baked ciabatta, and a big fucker of caesar salad and had a righteous MSG-fueled feast.

So god drat good. Also bought their massive take home and bake pepperoni pizza since I've never tried it before. Hope it doesn't suck.

You're a good person. Don't hate MSG for its own sake

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

GORDON posted:

NOT THAT I'M COMPLAINING ABOUT COSTCO....

But I've been waiting for my Costco Visa Rewards with great anticipation, because I need a set of tires. I knew I should be getting it any day, so I've been watching my email. Last week I saw a "free installation sale" come and go, which would have saved me $60. But anyway...

I'd go and try to talk to the people at Costco and see if they can do anything for you if you explain the situation. Worst thing they can do is say no.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

FCKGW posted:

Dr. Oz is a loving hack and anything he says is more than likely a load of poo poo to get fat white middle aged women to buy some snake oil supplement he promotes.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

FCKGW posted:

dr oz can eat my loving rear end

anyway has anyone seen the modal boxers at their costco? I bought them today and they're comfy as hell

also my costco doesn't have polish dogs anymore :(

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Wearing them modals right now (feels good)

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Went to Costco. Filled the cart with stuff. Checked out and at the end got $9 and change back.

Praise be the rebate.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

my rebate should be here today.

OH poo poo

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

belt posted:

Look at this wiener. Not even a Costco dog.

Easy, friend. No need to melt down in defense of your picky eating. PBUC.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ultimate Mango posted:

Went to Costco. Filled the cart with stuff. Checked out and at the end got $9 and change back.

Praise be the rebate.

Indeed. We got ours a couple of weeks ago, did some shopping, walked out with $260 in cash. P to the motherfuckin’ BUC.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Have you guys tried the Kirkland seasoned slice roast beef. I’ve always steered away from it because it’s $7/lb and other stuff is cheaper but this is one of the best damned sandwiches I’ve ever made.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Taima posted:

Not liking MSG is loving racist. There are no real reasons to hate MSG. It's an almost objectively superior alternative to salt that somehow gets pushed under the rug because apparently no one is able to accept that there is a superior alternative to salt.

I live in a huge population of Asian people and have ingested an incredible amount of MSG throughout my life (in fact I use MSG at home despite not being Asian, I know, crazy right) and somehow I mange to be a healthy human being.

It's the biggest bullshit propaganda effort in modern cuisine.

You're a good person. Don't hate MSG for its own sake

IIRC the whole scare was started by some guy with a Dr. in front of his name (in...psychology). His proof was that, when I eat Chinese takeout I get a headache. Chinese takeout has MSG. Therefore, MSG is bad for you.

People are idiots. Fill me up with MSG, milk with antibiotics, GMOs, and vaccines. Just loving dump every chemical into my body and let my liver figure it out.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Renegret posted:

People are idiots. Fill me up with MSG, milk with antibiotics, GMOs, and vaccines. Just loving dump every chemical into my body and let my liver figure it out.

Same but also gently caress organic food

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Same but also gently caress organic food

Organic milk does taste better IMO but that's about it.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Croatoan posted:

Organic milk does taste better IMO but that's about it.

I like that the organic apples don't have all that wax on them.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I still can’t imagine how you guys are getting such large rebates. Mine was like $40

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Another weekend brings with it another trip for high quality gasoline, and a dog + soda (with refill).

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

FCKGW posted:

I still can’t imagine how you guys are getting such large rebates. Mine was like $40

1) just literally buy everything at costco and nowhere else
2) charge every bill to your card (that they permit you to)

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I got a $211 rebate as a non-married person and I'm not sure whether to be happy about that or concerned.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

1) just literally buy everything at costco and nowhere else
2) charge every bill to your card (that they permit you to)

You don't mean general household bills right? The one downside of the Costco Visa is that the generic cash back is really bad (1%).

That makes it bad for anything that's not gas, restaurants, travel, or Costco.

It's a specialty card basically but that's ok because it's really good at what it does.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Yeah I just use the Citi double cash for a flat 2% on everything and no rotating category fuckery

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Yeah you are right that would probably be better for me, since I don't travel much or dine at restaurants. I need to look into that.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Taima posted:

Another key Costco fish win: the super cheap and delicious rock fish that flosses like a superstar in your fish tacos or just fried up

Also the tilapia fillets pan seared with spices, a side salad and a side of rice make for an amazing dinner that takes about ten minutes to prepare (not counting rice cook time)

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I'm addicted to the beer battered frozen cod. Toss it with veggie fried rice and you got an easy meal

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Costco take'n'bake Pepperoni Pizza in the oven.

First time. I'm nervous.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wirth1000 posted:

Costco take'n'bake Pepperoni Pizza in the oven.

First time. I'm nervous.

Realtalk, you may have made a big mistake because I genuinely thought it tasted like hot rear end and it was nowhere near as good as the cafeteria pizza :(

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

someday ill buy all my weed at costco

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Good soup! posted:

Realtalk, you may have made a big mistake because I genuinely thought it tasted like hot rear end and it was nowhere near as good as the cafeteria pizza :(

It's.... not bad actually. The parmeasean they slapped on top makes it way more salty than it should be but not bad at all. Not great... but not bad either.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I visited some friends and so I got to go to a Costco (one in Portland, OR). It was pretty weird. They had jacuzzis for sale at the entrance. I wanted cream cheese and the only size was three pounds. Eggs could be bought in a package of ~50. And a 35 (??!!) can container of coke??? What the devil

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

actionjackson posted:

I visited some friends and so I got to go to a Costco (one in Portland, OR). It was pretty weird. They had jacuzzis for sale at the entrance. I wanted cream cheese and the only size was three pounds. Eggs could be bought in a package of ~50. And a 35 (??!!) can container of coke??? What the devil

Welcome to the hallowed halls

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is Costco worth it for me, the typical pathetic single male goon? Most of the food stuff is too much for one person, except stuff that lasts a long time I guess.

I don't really drive much, so the cheaper gas isn't a big thing for me.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Wirth1000 posted:

It's.... not bad actually. The parmeasean they slapped on top makes it way more salty than it should be but not bad at all. Not great... but not bad either.

Get it to go from the food court next time, you can even call it in from inside the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Is Costco worth it for me, the typical pathetic single male goon? Most of the food stuff is too much for one person, except stuff that lasts a long time I guess.

I don't really drive much, so the cheaper gas isn't a big thing for me.

How do you feel about hot dog based diets?