Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Taintrunner posted:

I had no loving idea they put in the straight up motherfucking Rainmaker, that's goddamn amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Like half of NJPW is in Yakuza 6, it's great

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Like half of NJPW is in Yakuza 6, it's great
Yakuza Kiwami 2 is gonna have the same gang battle minigame, but since it's set in the past the NJPW cameos acting as bosses are older dudes like Mutoh (bringing this nicely back to TNA!) and Tenryu.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
One Destino not enough to keep the opponent down for 3, checks out.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Ya know what was a good game? Ninja Gaiden Black.

They should bring that franchise back after Team Ninja completely botched it. Bring back that weird looking guy that harassed all his female coworkers. He seemed to get what the game was about.

Anyway to make this post TNA related: TNA stinks and I disapprove of it being in business still.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

fart blood posted:

Ya know what was a good game? Vigilante 8.

They should bring that franchise back

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Vigilante 8 2nd Offense was the best car combat game ever made.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

In every way. As someone who likes the Twisted Metal series it still beats Twisted Metal 2 into the loving dirt

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Gonna third that. I still randomly catch myself thinking of and cursing that I cannot use "I'm half-human but alllllll woman" in casual conversation.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

MassRafTer posted:

The quest mode objectives sucked worse than TNA, but multiplayer was great.

also, the first game had a kickin' rad theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cDza_lT8rA

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The future stuff from that game took place in late 2017 and that hit me harder than the whole Back to the Future Part II situation from 2015.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

As much as I like Vigilante 8, I'm still a weirdo European so I'm all about Carmageddon and its sequel. The classic PC games, not the godawful console versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTy2UVPqHjE

I don't know if Carmageddon really counts as a car combat game since it's more like a violent version of Destruction Derby than V8 or Twisted Metal, but whatever. Close enough.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
edit

rovert fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 23, 2018

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MassRafTer posted:

they...they made a second one

my god i must find it

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

:emptyquote:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Doc Morbid posted:

As much as I like Vigilante 8, I'm still a weirdo European so I'm all about Carmageddon and its sequel. The classic PC games, not the godawful console versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTy2UVPqHjE

I don't know if Carmageddon really counts as a car combat game since it's more like a violent version of Destruction Derby than V8 or Twisted Metal, but whatever. Close enough.

Carmageddon 2 was some of the weirdest poo poo I've ever played. I don't think I ever did a complete race. Just wandered around the maps and knocked poo poo over. Right up there with Postal 2 in accidental gameplay features.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

That's how you're supposed to play Carmageddon. Racing is for chumps, and you probably won't even have enough time to complete the laps unless you go wreck something.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah carmageddon loving ruled

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Has anyone tried to bring back Road Rash

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I paid $20 to steal Vigilante 8 when I was a kid

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

checksin posted:

Has anyone tried to bring back Road Rash

yes. the less said the better.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Bring back wwe crush hour

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
on a more pertinent note

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/967157683479629826

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Water is wet, and the sky is blue. If there is anything consistent in life, its those two things and TNA being behind on pay.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The fact they’re mailing checks and not having a payroll company w/ direct deposit is a real red flag.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Rogue Trip: Vacation 2012 is a really underrated car combat game.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bring Back Twisted Metal

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

Bring Back Twisted Metal

They made a reboot of series six years ago but it's pretty unlikely that we'll get another one as the game didn't exactly light the world on fire. Also there were fewer characters and the story mode was weird and lovely in that the developers assumed that a Twisted Metal game had to have a larger plot and not just an ending for whatever character the player chose.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

Bring Back Ghosts N Goblins

:colbert:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Chris James 2 posted:

Bring Back Twisted Metal

Hammerhead Versus Everything

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dixie used the moving offices excuse for a solid two years.

As DarkstarIV pointed out in another thread:

DarkstarIV posted:

Io is a cool and good person. She donated her merchandise sales from the shows last weekend to the earthquake relief fund in Taiwan (roughly $1850). :unsmith:

The Io to IMPACT thing is absolute nonsense if Io in STARDOM is financially secure enough to donate that much.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

News like this and Dixie Carter announcing a BIG announcement used to make up 70% of all TNA news. Now it's all anybody hears for several pages in between video game chat.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Been meaning to mention this for ages but notice all talk/hopes of IMPACT working with New Japan has completely died.

Scott D'Amore's apology to the locker room (Okada) didn't work.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Dixie used the moving offices excuse for a solid two years.

As DarkstarIV pointed out in another thread:

The Io to IMPACT thing is absolute nonsense if Io in STARDOM is financially secure enough to donate that much.

Yeah, the argument I've heard for Io joining Impact is ~exposure~. Because she's going to pay for her own travel expenses and lodging to wrestle for a program that can barely draw in 200,000 viewers these days.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey she couldve been on sinclair tv without leaving japan if she'd been in the women of honor tourney

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Super No Vacancy posted:

hey she couldve been on sinclair tv without leaving japan if she'd been in the women of honor tourney

From what I've heard, she doesn't like Mandy Leon, and thinks that being in the WOH tournament would hurt her chances of being signed to WWE. And I can't blame her. The WOH tournament outside of the STARDOM girls in it is an absolute dumpster fire of talent.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i mean i know the wwe is a tna nostalgia promotion now but i cant imagine working tenille or deonna or madison would somehow hurt her chances more than working uh allie or rosemary

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Super No Vacancy posted:

i mean i know the wwe is a tna nostalgia promotion now but i cant imagine working tenille or deonna or madison would somehow hurt her chances more than working uh allie or rosemary

Tenille isn't signed as far as I know, Deonna is, and Madison hasn't been very good lately from what I've seen [she is good, but her performance so far in the WOH tournament has been bad]. I think the problem is that there is supposedly some real bad blood between Io and Mandy, since Mandy disrespected the rookies during her tour of STARDOM, and Io treats the rookies of STARDOM like younger siblings. It also doesn't help that Mandy had no drive to improve either, but had superman level booking (going over both Toni [and almost paralyzing her in the process] and Io [who had to put her over to the extent that Mandy got a SUBMISSION VICTORY over her).

Either way, I don't expect the STARDOM talent to go over the actual big names in the tournament (Mandy, Brandi Rhodes, and Kelly Klein, all of whom are...not good).

Io working Impact is unrealistic like what Rovert said, combined with the fact that they couldn't afford to pay her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Carmageddon ruled so much. I still remember playing the sequel with the Iron Maiden soundtrack, that was loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kelly Klein would be good if she stuck to Stan Hansen style poo poo.