Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (8): Anomalous Amalgam, Asphyxious, Dick Bastardly, LupusAter, merk, Monathin, Tolly Totes, Xad

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
...oh. poo poo, sorry merk.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Murmur Twin posted:

Building on this, Asphyxious and DB are both bothering me for not only not really making any cases or reads, but also not really being called out as lurkers either (as opposed to, say, myself / RF / PMom / chores). I'm always suspicious when people seem to be posting just enough to go unnoticed.
I could see Gaspy. Mostly shitposts and a vote on a new player.

I would once again like to point out that DB and Gaspy are the only person Murmur Twin cased whose flip we don't know, everyone else was town. MMT casing all town and not having a scum somewhere to increase how legitimate she looks in her casing doesn't seem like the thing MMT would do. Specifically, MMT brought up DB first, and then appended Gaspy onto said casing.

Tobbs flipped scum and specifically buries the lede here on DB, saying he could see Gaspy over DB, which makes me think, naturally, that DB is the remaining scum.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Monathin posted:

I would once again like to point out that DB and Gaspy are the only person Murmur Twin cased whose flip we don't know, everyone else was town. MMT casing all town and not having a scum somewhere to increase how legitimate she looks in her casing doesn't seem like the thing MMT would do. Specifically, MMT brought up DB first, and then appended Gaspy onto said casing.

Tobbs flipped scum and specifically buries the lede here on DB, saying he could see Gaspy over DB, which makes me think, naturally, that DB is the remaining scum.

Was about to bring this up myself, actually, and I've been suspicious of DB/Gaspy for a while now. Rereading through Tobbs' posts is proving pretty useful

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
A quick case on DB, based on their posting:

- Has mostly lurked on the sidelines and let other people discuss things as town
- Voted Ecco early D1 but unvoted later, did not return for deadline.
- Makes a lot of posts throwing shade on Madman over the course of D2-D3, but never feels like Madman is suspect enough to vote for him. Considering Madman was the one spearheading discussions this feels extremely bad.
- During D2, says more than once that they'd prefer to push Merk over Twin, but ends up voting Twin based on "Day 1 suspicions" (this feels really bad imho)
- Comes out with a post of "I think scumteam is MMT/Tobbs/Merk" which feels really drat weird in retrospect.
- Unvotes Merk when he claims, revotes later with "if merk flips town lunch me next", which I feel like is trying to get out ahead of the fact that DB looks suss in a "self-conscious scum trying to appear town" way.
- Comes around to thinking Tobbs is SK instead of on the scumteam like he said earlier based on Madman's arguments.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Also I specifically don't think it's Gaspy specifically because it's a very silly play imo to draw heat on Gaspy by killing MMT if Gaspy is Tobbs and MMT's scumbro. Especially if we assume Gaspy is the last scum left alive now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Monathin posted:

Also I specifically don't think it's Gaspy specifically because it's a very silly play imo to draw heat on Gaspy by killing TMM if Gaspy is Tobbs and MMT's scumbro. Especially if we assume Gaspy is the last scum left alive now.

mafia edit, goddammit Murmur and Madman why're your names so similar :argh:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Monathin posted:

- Comes around to thinking Tobbs is SK instead of on the scumteam like he said earlier based on Madman's arguments.

This in particular should have been more suspicious at the time. Anyone pushing for "no no I don't think they're scum, they're 3P/SK specficially" sounds scummy, because only scum cares about the difference.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Monathin posted:

Also I specifically don't think it's Gaspy specifically because it's a very silly play imo to draw heat on Gaspy by killing MMT if Gaspy is Tobbs and MMT's scumbro. Especially if we assume Gaspy is the last scum left alive now.

Sorry if I'm forgetting something, but why would NK'ing TMM make Gaspy more suspicious?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Monathin posted:

mafia edit, goddammit Murmur and Madman why're your names so similar :argh:

be glad Tired Moritz isn't in this game too :v:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Xad posted:

Sorry if I'm forgetting something, but why would NK'ing TMM make Gaspy more suspicious?

Gaspy was pushing hard against Madman at the end of the day there and one of the last big arguments/back and forths Madman had. I feel like killing Madman would set people up to be thinking Gaspy is scum, especially with Madman dying more convinced Tobbs is SK instead of scum.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Still at work for two more hours. I will claim when I can.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Like if Gaspy and Tobbs were both scum, it makes basically no sense to kill Madman and draw heat on one of them, when the other is being shielded by being considered 3p instead.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Updated votefinder, I had left merk on there. It's 4 to lunch, fyi.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Good news everyone, I found a scum, so let’s even out those odds.

##vote Tolly Totes

Also I called it from day one.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Asphyxious posted:

Good news everyone, I found a scum, so lets even out those odds.

##vote Tolly Totes

Also I called it from day one.

I'm willing to believe this, but I'd like to know how you found the scum, Gaspy.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Monathin posted:

I'm willing to believe this, but I'd like to know how you found the scum, Gaspy.
:same:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Deputised.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Monathin posted:

Yeah, he's laid down a vote on TT almost every day with very little explanation. I even asked d3 if he wanted to explain it

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Xad posted:

Yeah, he's laid down a vote on TT almost every day with very little explanation. I even asked d3 if he wanted to explain it

When I’m right I’m right. Let me see if I still have my old signature..

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Yup.

Seagull posted:

I choose to believe Asphyxious is just really dumb.

G-Spot Run posted:

did you also hate it when gaspy said the same thing with more words?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Asphyxious posted:

Deputised.

You're claiming backup cop?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asphyxious posted:

Deputised.

I believe this 100%. I myself picked up a backup role.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Xad posted:

You're claiming backup cop?

Yep.

On top of that, the results even mention Tolly by name, which is a luxury I’ve never seen before. But it means no busdriver shenanigans either. They are 100% scum.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Good enough for me.

##vote Tolly

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Asphyxious posted:

Yep.

On top of that, the results even mention Tolly by name, which is a luxury I’ve never seen before. But it means no busdriver shenanigans either. They are 100% scum.

Welp, that works.

##vote TollyTotes

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

I believe this 100%. I myself picked up a backup role.

did you just

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Xad posted:

did you just

Did I just...?

##vote totes

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

Did I just...?

##vote totes

I feel like backup cop and doc are usually the only two backup roles, so I thought it was odd that you might have just softclaimed backup doc

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
oh drat, that's :redhammer: already

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:redhammer:

Holy poo poo.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I won't be able to post flip until I get home.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Tolly Totes (4): Asphyxious, Monathin, Xad, Dick Bastardly

Not Voting (3): Anomalous Amalgam, LupusAter, Tolly Totes

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 25th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 3 hours.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Yakuza all came back to the main town square.

Tolly began to say something, but before she could, a sword was sticking out of her chest.

Looking down, she grasped the blade with one hand, while pulling at her sword with the other. It took three others to subdue her before she was eventually laid to rest.

TollyTotes, Musashi Miyamoto, Samurai (Scum) Poisoner was killed Day 4

Night actions!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Reveling in their success at removing another one of the bladed enemies from their midst, the entire Yakuza gang goes on a drunken bender. Sake pours from every direction, rendering each and every person a drunken mess. They all pass out.

In the morning, everyone is awoken by the now familiar sound a a sharp crack. Their collective hangover screams at the loud bang, and as they stumble outside, they see the shape of a small, bureaucratic swordsman that they can't believe had them fooled for so long.

AA, Seibei, Samurai (Scum) Godfather / Janitor was shot in the head Night 4.

Day 5 starts now. Deadline is Sunday, February 25th at 10PM EST. Good luck.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): Asphyxious, Dick Bastardly, LupusAter, Monathin, Xad

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 25th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I think it's Xad. That last post read to me like role fishing.

##vote Xad

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Getting this out of the way: I'm going to New Zealand for a week starting tomorrow, so if this day goes its full length I'll be out for a good part of it, and then I'll be in a different time zone

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think it's Xad. That last post read to me like role fishing.

##vote Xad

I found your willingness to give out important info suspicious, it's not really role fishing if you claimed your role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Xad posted:

I found your willingness to give out important info suspicious, it's not really role fishing if you claimed your role

You put a word in my mouth. I never specified which role I picked up.

• Locked thread