Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I know it's not as exciting, but the newest Danberu reveals that Machio is the muscle god.

https://mangadex.com/chapter/47110/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Why are you linking Danberu in this thread? I must have missed something, same authors?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, and they're even in the same universe. There's quite a few Kengan cameos in there.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mraagvpeine posted:

I know it's not as exciting, but the newest Danberu reveals that Machio is the muscle god.

https://mangadex.com/chapter/47110/1

Danberu is always exciting.

EDIT: Oh, I was wondering why they were suddenly back in Japan, turns out that I'd somehow skipped over 36 and gone straight to 37.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Kengan chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol--012-Ch-096---Qilong?id=404191

The art is really top-notch this chapter, even beyond the usual high standards of this series.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i really wish we had up to date translations and the weekly releases were as they come out in japan :negative:

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I like Jerry Tyson being our expert on kungfu. Well, and everything else he does. He makes Motobe seem pretty boring in contrast.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I...had no idea the arena was outdoors.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
It's in a dome. They opened the roof a chapter or two ago.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

WOLF FANG FIST

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yamcha spotted

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its a shame we won't get to see kiryu fight julius

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol--012-Ch-097---Rakshasa?id=404844

Turns out that Kuroki Gensai had actually "gone easy" on Rihito.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
They really play it fast and loose on the types of injuries people can survive.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

They really play it fast and loose on the types of injuries people can survive.

i think it's pretty clear that you can survive whatever as long as you're not a serial killer. and professional assassins dont count

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many people have we seen killed so far?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

How many people have we seen killed so far?

Lots of people have been killed in flashbacks but I'm pretty sure Muteba killing Meguro is the only time someone has been killed outside of a flashback so far

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Didn't the sports guy who lost to Wakatsuki get killed?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Does the Muscle Prof count as a flashback? I don't think that it was, at any rate

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Was that a flashback? Its a shame either Julius or Kirti will be out assuming that the tournament goes on that long because I want to see muscle Vs the koei style

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i want to believe that the muscle professor is still alive despite that being pretty darn impossible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tap my mountain posted:

Didn't the sports guy who lost to Wakatsuki get killed?

No he's still alive.

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
It takes more than a good punch to kill THE Murobuchi Gozo.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

VgameT posted:

It takes more than a good punch to kill THE Murobuchi Gozo.

He'll be back. After he picks up his teeth and gets back his immaculate smile.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol--012-Ch-097---Rakshasa?id=404844

Turns out that Kuroki Gensai had actually "gone easy" on Rihito.

Did he even move from where he was initially standing?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I still hope we get to see Rihito make a comeback someday after learning actual martial arts instead of relying on his gimmick. If he integrated his Literally Superhuman fingers into some actual fighting style (like, say, Gensai's karate) he could be a force to be reckoned with. If anything, the fact he got as far as he did with no strong martial arts training is pretty impressive.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Oh right, Bando killed the other criminal guy in one second. That wasn't a flashback I think

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i want to believe that the muscle professor is still alive despite that being pretty darn impossible.
If Danberu is canon then he lived long enough to write a book about it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Uncle Khasim posted:

If Danberu is canon then he lived long enough to write a book about it.

his head got turned around 180', but according to danberu muscle is the solution to every problem

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - https://mangadex.org/chapter/125728/1

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

holy poo poo an actual muscle wizard

i hope he turns into his opponent. actually that is probably his gimmick

i don't even need to spoiler tag this because there's no way anybody will think this post is real

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Some interesting poo poo going on this chapter.

Hatsumi's apparently acquainted with Metsudoh well enough that he met Sayaka when she was a kid.

He's also acquainted with Wakatsuki, though that's not really strange since he's probably been in the Kengan tournaments long enough to be one of the old faces like Jun and Waka.

Also nice to see that even the dudes who got knocked out early on in the prelims are showing off that they're strong in their own right.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

I really wonder what the purpose of that assassin dude hired by Nogi was. I mean, so far Nogi has picked Hatsumi and Ohma to be his representatives, sooooooo.... why would he cheap out when hiring a dude who's meant to be committing a no-nonsense intimidation/murder job? Unless this is literally the best tier of assassin you can get in the Kengan Asura universe after the rest of them have been drafted into the tournament

Also am hella hyped what the muscle wizards actual power is (well, something to do with imitation) but he got one of the shortest introes of the fighters so far, so there's potential for hijinks.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bushmeister posted:

I really wonder what the purpose of that assassin dude hired by Nogi was. I mean, so far Nogi has picked Hatsumi and Ohma to be his representatives, sooooooo.... why would he cheap out when hiring a dude who's meant to be committing a no-nonsense intimidation/murder job? Unless this is literally the best tier of assassin you can get in the Kengan Asura universe after the rest of them have been drafted into the tournament

Also am hella hyped what the muscle wizards actual power is (well, something to do with imitation) but he got one of the shortest introes of the fighters so far, so there's potential for hijinks.

I mean, we have at least 4 assassin clans / schools (Kure, Inaba, Mikazuki, Gensai) in the tournament already, so presumably most of the good assassins are already in the tournament.

The Inaba family is tied to the family of the Penasonic guy.

The Kure clan is one big clan that follows the patriarch's command, so they're probably unlikely to work for two dudes at once without his approval. (Though given the events of 91 and the fact that the Kures are keeping watch on their own employer, they've probably got some second plan going on.)

The Raishin style and name is apparently passed down to one person at a time, since Rei's dad? grandfather? gave up his martial art after passing it down to him.

Not much that we know about Gensai yet.

How many assassination clans can there even be.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also, Danberu time????

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Danberu-nan-kiro-moteru/Ch-038---Boxing-Training?id=406183

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Huh, that flex-unflex thing is actually pretty relaxing. Thanks, Murobuchi Gozo.

Speaking of which, I went back and read his fight, and god drat I can't wait for Wakatsuki vs. Reinholdt.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And another!!!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Danberu-nan-kiro-moteru/Ch-039---Punching-Machine-Contest?id=406213

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess we know who is going to fight the blade of metsudo (rip)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i guess we know who is going to fight the blade of metsudo (rip)

Fang, not Blade!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hate-Senpai posted:

Fang, not Blade!!!!!

eh, whatever. might as well call him bloody smear on the wall of metsudo now.