Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Alt Ivy is top tier
Base Ivy is basura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

darealkooky posted:

in sc2, the game this is supposed to be a big throwback too, her third outfit is more or less identical to what shes wearing in this game except for color and some small details

also you had this official art representing her P2 outfit

if you want a fighting game without any sexuallized characters, may I recommend thems fighting herds? it just came out today

i can easily sexualize farm animals

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, her p2 is cool, but who plays Ivy for anything but the basketball sized tits?

I was a Mitsu main, and yes he didnt wear a shirt, why do you ask?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Who's gonna be the first gross goon to say they sexualized Talim?

Also, some of the character art for Taki might as well just have her be naked cus that costume was basically skin tight and those tits are ridiculous. What ninja is gonna be that stacked and not tape her chest down Makoto style.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AndyElusive posted:

Also, some of the character art for Taki might as well just have her be naked cus that costume was basically skin tight and those tits are ridiculous. What ninja is gonna be that stacked and not tape her chest down Makoto style.

the fabled titty ninjas

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dias posted:

the fabled titty ninjas

Actually, I forgot that Mai Shiranui is a titty ninja.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Dias posted:

the fabled titty ninjas

They are many and powerful

AndyElusive posted:

Actually, I forgot that Mai Shiranui is a titty ninja.

Mai is so weird because they have her be a super flirty character and then don't play the archetype like " I haven't been in a guys room since kindergarten" really game if you're going to do this you can't have both

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't get Soul Calibur, but I think Hilde is dope and apparently doesn't fit the timeline of SC6 so I can safely call that game bad.

edit: also that Mai thing is why I think "just make her naked" is just terrible costume design, because 90% of the time it doesn't fit the character.

Dias fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 23, 2018

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

AndyElusive posted:

Basically? Friend no

It is. Like I like sexy things but come on can these not be the defaults costumes that's all we're asking here

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I always liked that one Real Bout ending where the guy's jerking off to the silhouette of Andy and Mai loving from inside their house but it's really just Andy doing pushups while a bored Mai reads a book with an "are you loving kidding me" expression on her face

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

let us see The Broken poo poo

again, i dont think what that person said is correct (but i could be wrong), if so, the very advanced broken poo poo is any varation of B into Cs into qcfC with arizona over and over again whidh seems like a very glaring oversight since it just puts them into floor slide/roll/w/e over and over and over again and isnt contingent on gravity at all!

so either the team is very incompetent at finding relaly basic infinites or the game has ips

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I've seen people do combos in this game while they had the "please burst" hitspark of full IPS, so I'unno either.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Here's the Kickstarter for Cerebrawl if anyone's interested.

I'm playing the beta and it's pretty fun.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Firstborn posted:

Yeah, her p2 is cool, but who plays Ivy for anything but the basketball sized tits?

it's me, i'm the person who plays ivy because it's the closest i get to witch/wizard representation in a mainstream fighter without playing rose or mortal kombat

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

it's me, i'm the person who plays ivy because it's the closest i get to witch/wizard representation in a mainstream fighter without playing rose or mortal kombat

If you'd embrace the anime Guilty Gear and Blazblue both have witches.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
pretty much everyone in Guilty Gear is some kind of wizard

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

you can give chars witch hats in tekken I think

archmagus paul

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Bayonetta's been in Smash for like two years

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kazumi summons tigers, that's magical enough for me.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Fighting EX Layer news coming in a few days:

https://twitter.com/arika_co_jp/status/961142931439738882

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

HMS Beagle posted:

If you'd embrace the anime Guilty Gear and Blazblue both have witches.

i said mainstream

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

i said fighter

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I listed the world's most beloved, respected and successful fighting game franchise, what more do you want

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Robin is a powerful spellsword with a cool resource-management gimmick and a big Wizard's Cloak.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/omgAyane/status/966908961654845441

quality combo system

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

It's like something out of Street Fighter!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

i mean

that's a training mode combo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pelé outta nowhere, what the gently caress.

Dias fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 23, 2018

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Dias posted:

i mean

that's a training mode combo

To also be fair, isn't this game still in beta?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

To also be fair, isn't this game still in beta?

No

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

In other news, D.Dark's super move 'Death Trump' will probably be renamed (or at least the line 'Kill Trump' will be changed).

DiscoJ fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 23, 2018

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

That's good but it's no Hokuto no Ken

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

We should begin publicly shaming everyone who misuses the term bnb

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

anime was right posted:

quality combo system

dude come on that's an infinite meter combo

like granted yes I agree the game is bad and slow and damage is way too fuckin low and I don't much care for the combo system either since a lot of poo poo loops in ways that it probably shouldn't but still

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I like timer based combo systems

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
the original fighting is magic was a lot faster and damage much higher and characters have barely changed in terms of actual movesets from that incarnation so I'm honestly completely thrown by how slow and poo poo it is now

i blame the skullgirls engine, for skullgirls is poo poo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hope they're adding this guy to SC6

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bring voldo to tekken 7

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I hope they're adding this guy to SC6

There's a law in Japan that says Bamco can't make a Soul Calibur without Voldo in it now, so don't worry.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

cathead posted:

Did you mean in IPS in Skullgirls? Becuase TFH doesn't have bursts. It's just once the meter fills up fully, you start getting heavier until you fall out of the combo. It's different from how SG did it, they built the system from the ground up.

edit: Yeah SG didn't even have a meter for it so I think you're getting the two mixed up

Skullgirls did have the meter once undizzy was brought in. That is to say:

Skullgirls' IPS wasn't the meter thing, it was that you couldn't reuse chains in a combo without giving the enemy a burst (that's the reader's digest version but it'll suffice here). It did its job in the sense that with his system you technically couldn't make an infinite looped combo. There was no combo-specific tweak needed, the system was designed in a purely generic way. However, it prevented infinite combos, it didn't prevent touch of death combos as long as you can design a cmbo that doesn't reuse chains yet is long enough to kill. So they needed something else, which came in a later version of SG

That's where drama comes in. Drama's the name of the meter, although only on paper since the devs always called it undizzy (in the same sense that supers are officially called blockbusters but everyone calls them supers). The undizzy does have a meter, a thin one right under the life bars. That one's the one the pony IPS is based on, except you get a burst instead of gravity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Chev posted:

Skullgirls did have the meter once undizzy was brought in. That is to say:

Skullgirls' IPS wasn't the meter thing, it was that you couldn't reuse chains in a combo without giving the enemy a burst (that's the reader's digest version but it'll suffice here). It did its job in the sense that with his system you technically couldn't make an infinite looped combo. There was no combo-specific tweak needed, the system was designed in a purely generic way. However, it prevented infinite combos, it didn't prevent touch of death combos as long as you can design a cmbo that doesn't reuse chains yet is long enough to kill. So they needed something else, which came in a later version of SG

That's where drama comes in. Drama's the name of the meter, although only on paper since the devs always called it undizzy (in the same sense that supers are officially called blockbusters but everyone calls them supers). The undizzy does have a meter, a thin one right under the life bars. That one's the one the pony IPS is based on, except you get a burst instead of gravity.

so the pony people took the z engine but they didn't use literally the one selling point of it