Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tjones
May 13, 2005

keyframe posted:

So you can take away the one advantage of a castle barricade? Great idea.

What, camping the feet of enemies? That's nearly as cheap as shooting through drone holes.

I'd much rather deny the enemy information by not letting drones in. I'm rarely camping the door anyway. I use the doors as extra cover for other peak holes and early alert systems for flank routes and last minute barricades when time is ticking down on the objective. The barricades are much more useful at blocking big lines of sight than they are for keeping out enemy operators.

EDIT: I'd also agree that they could be toughened up more. Maybe make both nades and sledge knock 75% of the "health" from them so that they only require a few more melee hits to completely break. Any type of breach charge blows them off in one go. But I wouldn't want them to go overboard on how strong they are. It's already a bitch if you find yourself without any breaching operators and they've walled off all the entry points to an objective.

tjones fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Someone fax these castle ideas over to Ubi.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
don't worry both my dads are tom clancy

tjones
May 13, 2005
Can you tell them that now that Blitz can run at raptor speeds they should bring the legs back?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

If you think Castle needs more barricades/Castle walls you should play more ranked, the shorter timer bites you in the rear end

He's fine for now

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the only problem with castle is that he requires an absurd amount of map knowledge and teammate coordination on top of being super reliant on certain points. which is fine tbh, some super high skill/coordination ops should exist especially with ubi's oft quoted goal of 100 ops. really the only op they need to 'fix' is tachanka.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Minrad posted:

the only problem with castle is that he requires an absurd amount of map knowledge and teammate coordination on top of being super reliant on certain points. which is fine tbh, some super high skill/coordination ops should exist especially with ubi's oft quoted goal of 100 ops. really the only op they need to 'fix' is tachanka.

I refer to all ruskies as tachanka

tjones
May 13, 2005

The Bananana posted:

I refer to all ruskies as tachanka

Give Tachanka the ability to pick up any other gun as a secondary that he finds from fallen operators, both defensive and offensive.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I love how Ash referred to Chanka as "your highness" in that video lol

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I'd like a teeny tiny Mira panel in the castle barricade. Nothing that can be opened for shots but something that let's you see through to other side.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

ZeusCannon posted:

I'd like a teeny tiny Mira panel in the castle barricade. Nothing that can be opened for shots but something that let's you see through to other side.

Deadbolt Reaper new op?

https://i.imgur.com/eHlqr4C_d.jpg

Edit:gently caress it, phone posting is a pain in the rear end

Nebiros fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 23, 2018

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

tjones posted:

What, camping the feet of enemies? That's nearly as cheap as shooting through drone holes.

I'd much rather deny the enemy information by not letting drones in. I'm rarely camping the door anyway. I use the doors as extra cover for other peak holes and early alert systems for flank routes and last minute barricades when time is ticking down on the objective. The barricades are much more useful at blocking big lines of sight than they are for keeping out enemy operators.

EDIT: I'd also agree that they could be toughened up more. Maybe make both nades and sledge knock 75% of the "health" from them so that they only require a few more melee hits to completely break. Any type of breach charge blows them off in one go. But I wouldn't want them to go overboard on how strong they are. It's already a bitch if you find yourself without any breaching operators and they've walled off all the entry points to an objective.

There is nothing cheap about either. You shoot what you see, it is no cheaper than banging the floor/ceiling to make a murderhole. Mute already denies drones we don't need Castle to be a worse mute imo.

I think his barricade is fine as is (except make it invincible to melee) but should function as a one way door when placed on doorways. You can walk up to it, hit F to swing it open from inside so your teammates are not trapped in. And make it so only castle can go in and out both ways. I think it would add some interesting gameplay.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

this is how they get you to blow all your renown right before the season ends and new stuff gets added to the store:

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Thief posted:

this is how they get you to blow all your renown right before the season ends and new stuff gets added to the store:

half balaclavas are the most adorable

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Needs more cleavage

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I'll stick with the elite skin

As Roland Barthes once stated, “…Clothing concerns all of the human person, all of the body, all of the relationships of man to body as well as the relationships of the body to society…”

That Valk elite looks gooood

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't get over how loving retarded and out of place that IQ skin is.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Valk and IQ look a lot alike

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Valk and IQ look a lot alike

Valk is swole tho.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Castle barricades should be immune to fuze charges.

There, I said it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Walkman on IQ.

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
Any wiki's that are generally good for building map knowledge? I'm lost if it not outside of House/Bank/ClubHouse. Some of the new maps are nice but it sucks being lost half the time.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

WaffleLove posted:

Any wiki's that are generally good for building map knowledge? I'm lost if it not outside of House/Bank/ClubHouse. Some of the new maps are nice but it sucks being lost half the time.

https://www.r6maps.com

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
Thank you :)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

slap me and kiss me posted:

There, I said it.

Please don't take away my fuze buff.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Ubi please

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Tachanka is a true gopnik and listens to hardbass.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

slap me and kiss me posted:

There, I said it.

Yeah tbh, loving armor piercing metal tubes

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Just let chanka shoot his mg through castle walls for surprise death closets.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Blitz busted down to "slightly faster than Speed 1" on the Test Server and will be "monitored closely" because "playing against him" was "not fun".

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I played a castle who for two rounds would barricade himself somewhere off obj and then bust out when he heard people on it to blitz in for kills. Did a fine job but once I figured it out I went and found his hidey-hole and filled it with explosives as fuze. Dude was annoying.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
That's actually really cool.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

I played a castle who for two rounds would barricade himself somewhere off obj and then bust out when he heard people on it to blitz in for kills. Did a fine job but once I figured it out I went and found his hidey-hole and filled it with explosives as fuze. Dude was annoying.

Playing against Blitz on the TTS completely changed how I place Lesion traps. I started putting them in the room and near the room right inside the door (w/r/t the room) because it was 90-100% that the blitz would just rush through the door then be unable to sprint. This is as opposed to putting them in hallways or on the outside of doors for warning. Warning doesn't (didn't) help against Master Blitz, I just need him not to be able to close 20ft in .5 secs.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

ten_twentyfour posted:

Playing against Blitz on the TTS completely changed how I place Lesion traps. I started putting them in the room and near the room right inside the door (w/r/t the room) because it was 90-100% that the blitz would just rush through the door then be unable to sprint. This is as opposed to putting them in hallways or on the outside of doors for warning. Warning doesn't (didn't) help against Master Blitz, I just need him not to be able to close 20ft in .5 secs.
Personally I love putting 5 gu traps in a straight line down a hallway. Drives attackers batty.

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Drives attackers batty.

Or if they're like me having not played in a while, going "WTF?!?!" as they try to figure out why they're taking damage still after hiding behind a wall.

I would love to see them paired with Frost traps, but I think I won't get that type of play in QP unless grouped.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

WaffleLove posted:

Or if they're like me having not played in a while, going "WTF?!?!" as they try to figure out why they're taking damage still after hiding behind a wall.

I would love to see them paired with Frost traps, but I think I won't get that type of play in QP unless grouped.

If I see a frost on my team I almost always pair with those trap if only for the assistance. But I use them as warning systems less as damage traps

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

If I see a frost on my team I almost always pair with those trap if only for the assistance. But I use them as warning systems less as damage traps

That what I was thinking :) It seems like you can also probably use them both to help funnel players into kill zones on certain maps.
Presidential Plane comes to mind. It seems like it'd be really funny to have a Frost/Lesion/Smoke/Castle/Valk and see if yeah can't just herd players into the cargo hold for some death action.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Oh absolutely - Lesion's gadget purpose is basically extra cameras; You pre-fire the location where the Gu went off, rather than expecting them to actually achieve much. He's crazy strong once you start (arguably much too strong) playing him like that.

Trip report: After someone mentioned it, I tried out Shotgun Ying and purely using Candelas as comedy breaches, and wow that is more effective.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I can't get over how loving retarded and out of place that IQ skin is.

as someone that has mained IQ with her clown mask and has so far resisted ever buying an elite skin, everything about this is excellent news and i can't wait to support this with my irl dollars

though in all seriousness if they wanted to go this direction they could have done a million different things that could have been taken seriously but oh well. i've practically never had to compete against people slampicking her since i started this game and after a month of people buying it as a joke i doubt anything is gonna change in that regard.

it'll be funny if they ever let us customize elite loadouts to just use specific parts instead of just the weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Latest blitz on the TTS is at a very good place balance wise imo. Not superman fast but still faster than before. At least now people will have time to react before they are dead.