Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I believe the regular shows have a set, agreed to time (that they rarely keep to.) For example I think the Wednesday WOR is supposed to be 45 minutes long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It seems a bit strange to impose an arbitrary limit on yourself but I guess there is something to be said for a consistent presentation.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

It seems a bit strange to impose an arbitrary limit on yourself but I guess there is something to be said for a consistent presentation.

listen to the lapsed fan for like 10 minutes and you'll understand the value of arbitrary limits

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Some podcasts are long, and you don't know how long they last. That's why you need a predictable Wrestling Observer Podcast.

Rick fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 23, 2018

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I'm also beginning to suspect that bryan doesn't actually care how it's going, everybody.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Too many wrestling podcasts are bloated 2-hour monstrosities with 1 1/2 of those hours being the hosts laughing at their own in-jokes. Time limits are a good thing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Karmine posted:

I'm also beginning to suspect that bryan doesn't actually care how it's going, everybody.

Are Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer even actually here?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Karmine posted:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Benne posted:

Too many wrestling podcasts are bloated 2-hour monstrosities with 1 1/2 of those hours being the hosts laughing at their own in-jokes. Time limits are a good thing.

something to wrestle with is a bit like this at times.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Seams posted:

something to wrestle with is a bit like this at times.

I mean, I'm at least a little happy that Conrad's lowered things to prompting one of each of Bruce's impersonations (besides Vince) per episode. I can only take so many poor Cornette or Andre impersonations each week.

It's hit or miss to me; good example being the first Undertaker episode, which just dragged ON AND ON about who Taker was working with on the house show loops, while the most recent one was a lot more interesting and covered "So Taker was working this guy...hey how about this story?"

That's where the show shines, with Bruce just confirming (or vehemently denying, which is somehow less entertaining) the random poo poo that Dave was reporting at the time.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ATVS_JakeNazar/status/966785197470638080

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

A very poorly written and slanted article that can't even get the banana story right that he links to. He brings up the Honma story and basically acts like that was the extent of the coverage completely ignoring the longer, detailed piece in the Observer.

Also ignores Dave being one of the few people to report on stories like Randy Savage's domestic abuse history, etc.

Months ago I wondered why the Banana story video had received thousands of views when I only created it as a Tuesday Nitro bumper, I had no clue people were using it as an example of DV.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 23, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You should definitely keep posting and tweeting about this, what with your enlightened views on Roma.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

You should definitely keep posting and tweeting about this, what with your enlightened views on Roma.

Stop pretending that was something that it wasn't please. Jersulam has issued a warning about it in the past.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dave sucks

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

drat, I can’t believe a middle aged wresting reporter wasn’t woke in 1998. And he’s not sufficiently woke for a half dozen twitter nerds in 2018.

Scandalous.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

eat poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The cult of personality that surrounds rovert and his Dave Meltzer witch hunt will never stop being funny to me

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

yea ok posted:

eat poo poo

Go cry on twitter about it. Rovert might give you a pity rt.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yikes

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
In fairness to Dave does anyone have a strong journalistic/legal background?

https://twitter.com/Th_BodyElectric/status/966802493010337792

A reply to someone else:
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/966836015393423360

It is a defamation lawsuit about Mo's claims Elgin covered up her being raped by another person.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/966883971475783680

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/966884349407772674

rovert fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 23, 2018

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

thatguyclint posted:

I mean, I'm at least a little happy that Conrad's lowered things to prompting one of each of Bruce's impersonations (besides Vince) per episode. I can only take so many poor Cornette or Andre impersonations each week.

It's hit or miss to me; good example being the first Undertaker episode, which just dragged ON AND ON about who Taker was working with on the house show loops, while the most recent one was a lot more interesting and covered "So Taker was working this guy...hey how about this story?"

That's where the show shines, with Bruce just confirming (or vehemently denying, which is somehow less entertaining) the random poo poo that Dave was reporting at the time.

Bruce's constant rants about Meltzer are getting old. It's like 90% a work anyway, considering he agrees with Dave a lot too but never mentions when he does and doesn't spend 10 minutes ranting and raving about it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

The cult of personality that surrounds rovert and his Dave Meltzer witch hunt will never stop being funny to me

Pretty much

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

I am not the person leading the charge on the Elgin thing. Sorry.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Awww, Bryan and Dave are best friends. :)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
What is smashing a banana a euphemism for?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

quote:

This was not written with the intent of getting Dave Meltzer fired. Or trying to bring down his career and how he makes his livelihood. But this is a pattern, and a consistent attitude towards women in wrestling in all facets that is extremely concerning and that should be addressed. The leading man in wrestling media, at a time where assault and harassment towards women in various other industries is being reported unlike ever before, should not be acting in this manner. Whether Dave Meltzer really is a misogynist or doesn’t respect women or not, I do not know. But with the claims being made these days, and many people across various forums wondering why exactly those claims were made, I thought it best to bring awareness to what has been a troubling pattern of behavior.

lol what is this mealy-mouthed poo poo

so three incidents that stretch across more than a decade are a 'pattern'. he's not trying to get meltzer fired (from what? his own website/newsletter?) and "i dont know if dave meltzer is a misogynist" even though the entire point of the article is to insinuate that he is.

might've been a good article if the guy had done his research and had a point other than 'raising awareness'.

Seams fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 23, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Incessant Excess posted:

What is smashing a banana a euphemism for?

She was drunk and smashed a banana in his hair. They had an argument a few weeks later and he did the same to break up with her.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

She was drunk and smashed a banana in his hair. They had an argument a few weeks later and he did the same to break up with her.

While Dave was paying more attention to Hulk Hogan lying about steroids on Arsenio Hall than her.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"This was not written with the intent of getting Dave Meltzer fired."

Well gosh considering he owns the drat newsletter, I sure hope not.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

rovert posted:

While Dave was paying more attention to Hulk Hogan lying about steroids on Arsenio Hall than her.

Are you their kid or what?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Incessant Excess posted:

in a twist rovert is both dave's son and hornswoggle

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait, rovert was the anonymous Raw GM?! :stare:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Incessant Excess posted:

It is a famous Eyada Wrestling Observer Live clip. It was recently yanked off Youtube as it was getting too much attention seemingly.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
we're through the looking glass here people

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

It is a famous Eyada Wrestling Observer Live clip. It was recently yanked off Youtube as it was getting too much attention seemingly.

The clip is up.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

A real journalist would have checked his sources on that

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Meltzer's in the wrong on this one. He should not have published her name, out of human decency. Dropping enough details for a background pull is crazy dangerous and especially with weirdo wrestling fans. Remember that forums poster that called HHH? The weird airport stalker dudes?

I can't tell if that's an intentional attempt by Dave to sick dogs on someone or he genuinely didn't think that poo poo through.

Oh and that guy that wrote the Dave Hit Piece? He's a dweeb, gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is so loving dumb that I'm just gonna say stop being so loving dumb and anybody who doesn't stop being so loving dumb I'm just gonna probate for a week for being so loving dumb.