Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It's a a dine fork and yes you goddamn did

I mean I just use my hands anyway but I need a valuable heirloom to pass down to future generations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
'peño the 'dine, yo

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

MetaJew posted:

I turned down a wooden dine spoon for a tote bag, because I have no idea what a dine spoon is. Did I goof?

I went with the spoon since I don't need another tote, I figure another utensil to scope dines is a win?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I just dump the entire can into or onto whatever I am eating, so I don't understand the concept of using anything other than gravity to extricate dines from cans.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Sometimes I use a fork to mash up my dines in hot sauce before I dump them on a tortilla.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
You know canned salmon, how it has a bone in the middle? mash it up. free calcium, heck yeah.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I used a fork today cause I nibbled on a tin while I was cooking

naem
May 29, 2011

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Heaven.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

yeah lots of delicious shark meat there

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

right click -> set as wallpaper

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

anyone ever smuggle dines into a movie theater and crack em open then finish em before the previews are done rolling???

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

anyone ever smuggle dines into a movie theater and crack em open then finish em before the previews are done rolling???

be sure you check to see if there's a state or local law prohibiting that

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think there might actually be something in the constitution.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Post-workout shashuka. Had a tin of La Sirena sardines in tomato sauce with chilis so I used that as a base (along with a whole bell pepper & 1/3 an onion). My breath is stinky, my tongue is spicy, and my body is energized to shovel snow.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Android Apocalypse posted:

Post-workout shashuka. Had a tin of La Sirena sardines in tomato sauce with chilis so I used that as a base (along with a whole bell pepper & 1/3 an onion). My breath is stinky, my tongue is spicy, and my body is energized to shovel snow.
making something sorta like this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this looks incredible

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
just had some "MW Polar" brand sardines in oil i found at food4less, and let me just say, they are incredible. Easily the best dines in oil i"ve had in a long time. MAGNIFICENT DINES!!!!

e: ate on crackers with habanero tabasco

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Gonna make sardine soup tonight cuz I feel like it. Gonna use Brunswicks tonight cuz that's all I got.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ah yes, the mug that every middle-America grandpa got for Christmas a few years back

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
followed up those EXCELLENT dines with some Bumblee Dines i got at the Jons market, which usualyl has good Dine selection, alas, the Bumblebee brand Dines are pretty bad. Sludgy and mostly flavorless. The one perk they have is they retain that silvery color of the original Dine, but they have bad texture. Overall an inferior Dine experience.

The 2 packs of Dines and their compliment crackers bring this dinner to somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 calories, and I must refrain from eating more Dines, which pains me to my very core.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

:discourse:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There better be ‘dines in that shashuka.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

There better be ‘dines in that shashuka.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
brb booking tickets to Sardinia. I don't know anything about it but with a name like that it must be amazing.

Follow on trip to Lesbos planned.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

I've never seen a dine canned as such

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Rough Lobster posted:

brb booking tickets to Sardinia. I don't know anything about it but with a name like that it must be amazing.

Follow on trip to Lesbos planned.

Idk I found Turkey to not be what it seemed at all you might want to do some research

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
👨🏻‍✈️: What do they have at Lesbos Island?

👨🏾‍✈️: Sardines, but not so big.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

followed up those EXCELLENT dines with some Bumblee Dines i got at the Jons market, which usualyl has good Dine selection, alas, the Bumblebee brand Dines are pretty bad. Sludgy and mostly flavorless. The one perk they have is they retain that silvery color of the original Dine, but they have bad texture. Overall an inferior Dine experience.

The 2 packs of Dines and their compliment crackers bring this dinner to somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 calories, and I must refrain from eating more Dines, which pains me to my very core.

Bumblebees in mustard are pretty decent bargain sardines

Treat yourself to a tin of Bela sardines someday - toasted baguette rounds with hot sauce and/or guacamole

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Inkfish posted:

Gonna make sardine soup tonight cuz I feel like it. Gonna use Brunswicks tonight cuz that's all I got.

Recipe?

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

https://www.asianinamericamag.com/2012/11/sardines-spinach-and-tomatoes-soup-sabo-tacsyapu-na/

I like to add a dollop of sambal.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

Bumblebees in mustard are pretty decent bargain sardines

Treat yourself to a tin of Bela sardines someday - toasted baguette rounds with hot sauce and/or guacamole

Bumblebee sardines in mustard are great. I don't buy brands packed in mustard that I'd want to eat plain, but Bumblebee in mustard really does the trick.

I'm thinkin' bout them right now tho.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I'm repeating myself from a few months ago, but I cannot thank the Goons who recommended these enough:

Imported from Germany :smuggo:

Some seriously good fish in here that's still a heckova lot healthier than tuna. The smokiness is perfectly balanced with the fishiness. A great alternative for us kipperfiends out there.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

BaconCopter posted:

I'm repeating myself from a few months ago, but I cannot thank the Goons who recommended these enough:

Imported from Germany :smuggo:

Some seriously good fish in here that's still a heckova lot healthier than tuna. The smokiness is perfectly balanced with the fishiness. A great alternative for us kipperfiends out there.

Trader Joe's smoked trout is awesome and I bought my Mom a tin to gradually get her into the world of sardines

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

My girl is visiting me for my birthday this week and showed me what she's bringing me from New Brunswick:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

good ol cream crisps

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Misogynice Job! posted:

My girl is visiting me for my birthday this week and showed me what she's bringing me from New Brunswick:

tell us more about this 'dulse'

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

dulse is a red seaweed. It's washed, dried and can then be used for topping or seasoning on food, or eaten as-is. The texture is papery and chewy if you eat a piece alone; it's very salty. It sounds unappetizing but if your palate enjoys sardines, dulse probably isn't that far away from something you would like.

I recommend using it sprinkled on Caesar salad or dried in the oven for a crunchier 'weed. Or drunk food with dines and crackers. over the sink of course (i added this last sentence)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

red onion
_______
sardine
_______
dulse
_______
cream cheese
_______
cracker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem