Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I believe this 100%. I myself picked up a backup role.

Xad posted:

I feel like backup cop and doc are usually the only two backup roles, so I thought it was odd that you might have just softclaimed backup doc

Your assuming something very specific, and it feels like you want to know more about that information. Like whether I am or not a doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

You put a word in my mouth. I never specified which role I picked up.

Okay good, don't say any more about it

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think it's Xad. That last post read to me like role fishing.

##vote Xad

At 3 votes to execute please don’t fire votes out the gate like that.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also what the hell is going on with the NKs.

Do we have any scum left or is it just a SK at this point?

If it’s an SK, I have a decent idea who it is.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Actually we have a bit to unpack from the night actions, there’s a couple of people I’d expect to see dead but instead we have a dead scum godfather.

DB were you successful in your night action?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asphyxious posted:

Also what the hell is going on with the NKs.

Do we have any scum left or is it just a SK at this point?

If its an SK, I have a decent idea who it is.

Godfather+Janitor, Roleblocker, Poisoner, Ninja. For a 16-person game I feel like that has to be all of the scum and we just have SK left. I was actually only assuming 3+SK personally with this setup, so I was really surprised to see AA's flip.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That meant with 8 left alive last game day we had 2 scum + SK and 5 town. Two night actions, assuming they both hit town, would've been 3 town vs 2 scum + SK, kinda dodged a serious bullet there.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anyway I also have my suspicions on who's the SK, but I also want to hear something from DB given a claimed backup role, and I also want to hear what Gaspy has to say.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also, quick number crunching, since it's worth pointing out: Assuming we only have SK left (a good assumption at this point) - we can mislunch a townie today and, assuming SK kills again during the night, that would force lylo.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Sorry for not posting yesterday, but the day was over before I could look at the thread. I would have corroborated Asphyxious and DB's claim, because I too received a backup role. Specifically, I'm the backup Tracker, and I followed Xad tonight, and he went to visit AA.
Now, since the town roleblocking role in this game is Jailer, which from my understanding also protects the target, this can only mean that Xad is the SK and that the doctor protected whoever was the scum NK target.

##Vote Xad

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

That’s a lot of presumption. Also wtf is with people rushing the vote in this predicament.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’m fairly certain there’s 1 scum left + the sk

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

So unvote, incredibly dodgy dudes.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

That’s a lot of presumption. Also wtf is with people rushing the vote in this predicament.

Well, from my end it's deduction from facts. I tracked Xad, he visits AA, AA is dead and was scum. This means he's not the target for the scum NK, so it means that he was the SK kill and that the scum NK failed for whatever reason. Now, this doesn't strictly mean that Xad is the SK, but it sure looks like it's the more probable outcome, since of four (well, three, since I'm the tracker) revealed town PR that could've been given as backup Cop is the only one that can visit the person who was NKed without preventing the actual NK, but you already claimed that, went uncontested and nabbed scum, so unless you are scum who got incredibly lucky with pretending they got a backup role without confirmation of such a thing being possible, I'm inclined to take the easiest route and think Xad is the SK. And the same easiest route leads me to believe that the doctor succesfully blocked the scum NK.

But in the interest of not being overly antagonistic, ##unvote.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

And why do you assume there’s no more scum.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

And why do you assume there’s no more scum.

I never said there's no more scum. But I think if there are any left, there can't be more than one, because for it to be 2 surviving scum would mean that we started the game with 7 anti-town players (6 scum and a SK) on a total of 16 with two possible NKs per night, and that sounds... excessive. Getting back to the point, in this situation getting the last scum or getting the SK is functionally the same thing, they are both isolated anti-town players with a NK. And since I have information about Xad, I'll make sure he's the lunch today.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

LupusAter posted:

I never said there's no more scum. But I think if there are any left, there can't be more than one, because for it to be 2 surviving scum would mean that we started the game with 7 anti-town players (6 scum and a SK) on a total of 16 with two possible NKs per night, and that sounds... excessive. Getting back to the point, in this situation getting the last scum or getting the SK is functionally the same thing, they are both isolated anti-town players with a NK. And since I have information about Xad, I'll make sure he's the lunch today.

Oh yeah that was Monathin. As you were.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I don't think there's any more scum because five scum + SK in a setup of 16 seems wildly, hilariously unbalanced and while it is far too early in the morning to do math on my end and I haven't slept I feel like that means we've dodged lylo like 2-3 times at this point.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Like at some point I have to make setup deductions and figure there's probably not any scum remaining on the board because, based on the sheer number of people playing this game, having that many scum seems literally impossible, even with having multiple PRs that can lock down what happened to people.

That being said, claiming Tracker seems weird given MMT was also tracker. What gives, Lupus?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Like at some point I have to make setup deductions and figure there's probably not any scum remaining on the board because, based on the sheer number of people playing this game, having that many scum seems literally impossible, even with having multiple PRs that can lock down what happened to people.

That being said, claiming Tracker seems weird given MMT was also tracker. What gives, Lupus?

mafia edit: MADMAN, not Murmur, goddammit. That's twice now.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Monathin posted:

I'm the backup tracker, I said it when I first claimed. Didn't know it until night 3, after the tracker was killed. I assume that the other claimed backups were in the same situation.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

LupusAter posted:

I'm the backup tracker, I said it when I first claimed. Didn't know it until night 3, after the tracker was killed. I assume that the other claimed backups were in the same situation.

Man I got SHAFTED this game with luck of the draw this game then, hahaha.

Anyway I'm willing to believe that claim and since I feel fairly certain there's no scum left, and Xad had always been in my periphery suspicions, I believe we should get rid of Xad. I will not throw my vote out until I've gotten some sleep because friends don't let friends vote while sleep deprived, but consider me believing your claim.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’m still waiting to hear from DB.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

But I’m pretty sure there’s another scum, for reasons I’ll reveal later (it’s very late here) but for it to be Xad the godfather would have to have been bussing his last scum buddy super hard.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Ah. But if Xad is the SK, then that hard focus from AA would explain killing him, no?

Or is that what we’re meant to think?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Monathin posted:

Monathin posted:

Monathin posted:

Monathin posted:

This is not a man who is happy that there are multiple town power roles in play.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’ll buy Xad as the SK, but I’m pretty sure Monathin is the last scum.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asphyxious posted:

Actually we have a bit to unpack from the night actions, there’s a couple of people I’d expect to see dead but instead we have a dead scum godfather.

DB were you successful in your night action?

Yes. I made sure the doc didn't get touched, and well... there you are.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yes. I made sure the doc didn't get touched, and well... there you are.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

This doesn’t make any sense. I think we’re at full claim o’clock.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asphyxious posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

This doesn’t make any sense. I think we’re at full claim o’clock.

Your action last night, did it fail?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

Your action last night, did it fail?

Yes indeed it did.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
well, there are two possibilities.

(this is much more likely imo) 1. Gaspy is back-up doc and I Jailed him/her last night to thwart his/her doom. There might be a blocked scum NK, I think it likely. SK kill made it through.

(possible, but not likely) 2. Gaspy is scum whom I blocked by Jailing. SK kill made it through.

I think Xad is last scum that got blocked. Mona for SK.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

well, there are two possibilities.

(this is much more likely imo) 1. Gaspy is back-up doc and I Jailed him/her last night to thwart his/her doom. There might be a blocked scum NK, I think it likely. SK kill made it through.

(possible, but not likely) 2. Gaspy is scum whom I blocked by Jailing. SK kill made it through.

I think Xad is last scum that got blocked. Mona for SK.

What the gently caress

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’M THE COP

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Asphyxious posted:

Yes indeed it did.

This is mildly worrying. To be absolutely clear, you didn't target AA, right?

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Welp, didn't see that post by DB. This changes things a bit.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Also doesn't line up with previous day, when DB defended Gaspy's cop claim. DB, I'll reiterate, what the gently caress?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

This is why Bifauxnen wants to kill all of you fucks all the time.

I’m trying to repeat YPM’s mantra of “bad town play isn’t scum play” but gently caress me dead.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asphyxious posted:

I’M THE COP

That's what I meant. But Xad's questioning me about the doc role had that the forefront of my mind. Either way, you had claimed and I had a hunch you were the next nk target. I honestly didn't consider a back up doc would do the same, which is retarded in hind sight. So if Xad is doc, then it Mona or lup. Lup claimed tracker so it's probably Mona.

##vote mona

Sorry xad and gaspy, I'm retarded :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’m going to bed now. I’ll be back in 7 hours, I want to see full claims and cases but I better not see any goddamn votes.

Treat this like a lylo because if we whiff we’re looking at 2 NKs + 1 mislunched town.

• Locked thread