Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don’t drink coffee, and I function just fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Caffeine does nothing to me.

I still drink coffee though because what else am I going to do at work during the coffee break?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Andrast posted:

I still drink coffee because what else am I going to do at work during the coffee break?

Take up smoking like the cool kids.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Coffee rules, drinking it right now.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jay Rust posted:

I don’t drink coffee, and I function just fine

"Just fine" huh? Seems like you could up your a game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Take up smoking like the cool kids.

It's -20 °C / -5 °F here right now. Like hell am I going to smoke in this loving country.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 23, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

The memes...

Wildtortilla posted:

I like all coffees except flavored coffee. Any flavor or sweetener added to coffee ruins it for me. If you want the best coffee find a local roaster and buy from them. Freshness is the #1 thing that will make coffee enjoyable. For years I bought stuff like 8 o'clock, Gevalia, etc from the grocery store and I had to add milk to make them all palettable. A few years ago I tried coffee from a local roaster and it was a game changer. I buy my coffee straight from their roasting headquarters at wholesale cost and it's the best coffee. I drink it black and love every cup.

In summary, if you want to enjoy coffee, freshness is the #1 thing to consider.

A friend of mine visited Jamaica and he brought back a bag of Blue Mountain coffee, and I was like, I remember that coffee from Persona 5!

It was v. good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

hell yeah SAME

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

David Lynch drinks two full pots of coffee a day. I'm not there yet but am trending in that direction

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Andrast posted:

I still drink coffee though because what else am I going to do at work during the coffee break?

Pretty much this. I like the taste of coffee though I never make it at home. Black, two sugars.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i like my coffee turkish

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I have really tried to like coffee but I just can't stand the taste. I actually don't like tea either. I'm just not a hot drink person I guess (though hot chocolate is fine I guess but I don't drink it very often).

If I need caffiene I just take caffiene pills but at the same time I try not to become too dependent on it to function

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Wildtortilla posted:

I like all coffees except flavored coffee. Any flavor or sweetener added to coffee ruins it for me. If you want the best coffee find a local roaster and buy from them. Freshness is the #1 thing that will make coffee enjoyable. For years I bought stuff like 8 o'clock, Gevalia, etc from the grocery store and I had to add milk to make them all palettable. A few years ago I tried coffee from a local roaster and it was a game changer. I buy my coffee straight from their roasting headquarters at wholesale cost and it's the best coffee. I drink it black and love every cup.

In summary, if you want to enjoy coffee, freshness is the #1 thing to consider.
From last page but if you're even the slightest bit interested in coffee outside of something to quickly gulp in the AM to give you a bolt listen to this goon. I worked for a decade in a cafe that roasted their own coffee in house every other day, access to freshly roasted and ground coffee was a great perk and one of the things I miss about working there. Some of the best coffees I've ever had were organic Brazilian (light with notes of blueberry) and Monsooned Malabar (rich and earthy, the smell would remind me of flipping over a log in the woods, it was amazing) and I miss them both. I know there are some local coffee roasters in the area I live in now, I really have to go and buy a pound of something soon, the k-cups I've been using aren't really cutting it and I can get a pound of good coffee for the same price.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wanna build a new PC since mines up there in age but idiot bitcoiners have hosed up GPU prices pretty bad. Are GPU prices gonna be going down anytime soon or should I build now before they go up even more?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

From last page but if you're even the slightest bit interested in coffee outside of something to quickly gulp in the AM to give you a bolt listen to this goon. I worked for a decade in a cafe that roasted their own coffee in house every other day, access to freshly roasted and ground coffee was a great perk and one of the things I miss about working there. Some of the best coffees I've ever had were organic Brazilian (light with notes of blueberry) and Monsooned Malabar (rich and earthy, the smell would remind me of flipping over a log in the woods, it was amazing) and I miss them both. I know there are some local coffee roasters in the area I live in now, I really have to go and buy a pound of something soon, the k-cups I've been using aren't really cutting it and I can get a pound of good coffee for the same price.

I forgot to mention the cost savings for buying locally roasted coffee! I pay between $5.50-7.00/lb for who. I loving love my roaster: https://www.gerhartcoffee.com/

They will ship fresh coffee to you too. High grown Mexican organic rules the roost. When I think about moving out of the area, I get anxious about having to find a new source of fresh coffee.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I wanna build a new PC since mines up there in age but idiot bitcoiners have hosed up GPU prices pretty bad. Are GPU prices gonna be going down anytime soon or should I build now before they go up even more?

It will probably get worse before it gets better.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wish there was a local roaster, I'd love to dabble in more serious takes on coffee, like chemex, but it feels rather pointless to try that without stuff that has actually been roasted fresh. As it is I usually settle for just grinding whole beans from Trader Joes.

I could not live without coffee in the morning, skipping it for any appreciable amount of time is a bad scene. Even bad tasting coffee (of which I have certainly inoculated myself upon over the years) is preferred over nothing.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Nate RFB posted:

I wish there was a local roaster, I'd love to dabble in more serious takes on coffee, like chemex, but it feels rather pointless to try that without stuff that has actually been roasted fresh. As it is I usually settle for just grinding whole beans from Trader Joes.

I could not live without coffee in the morning, skipping it for any appreciable amount of time is a bad scene. Even bad tasting coffee (of which I have certainly inoculated myself upon over the years) is preferred over nothing.

Do you live in the middle of nowhere? My town has 3 roasters that I know of, that's approximately 1 per 25k people.

You could try roasting your own, the metal bowl/heat gun method is pretty easy. I buy green beans from sweet marias and the prices are better than buying mediocre whole bean coffee from a supermarket.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone played Crossing Souls and if so is it any good or is it just empty nostalgia?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got a jar of kimbo espresso. Takes 2 minutes to make 2 cups in my machine. My wife wont drink coffee unless shes very drunk so i 2 fist the little cups and get all wound up to play vidyagems after dinner.

Id just make one big cup but the little spouts are too far apart for one demitasse cup to catch and a mug wont fit under there.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
Not what I expected from a Souls game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There's free coffee at work, so I drink a lot of it there. I also bought an aeropress a while back which I highly recommend, so I drink some at home, too. Can't say I taste much difference between flavors, but I always drink it black like a cool guy :frogc00l:.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

taqueso posted:

Do you live in the middle of nowhere? My town has 3 roasters that I know of, that's approximately 1 per 25k people.

You could try roasting your own, the metal bowl/heat gun method is pretty easy. I buy green beans from sweet marias and the prices are better than buying mediocre whole bean coffee from a supermarket.
Just outside of Boston and there's nothing that's like, a 5-10 minute drive away. I'd have to go about two towns over.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dr. VooDoo posted:

God willing, the whole thing comes crashing down, a bunch of idiot libertarians become bankrupt, and you'll be able to buy second hand GPUs for pennies to the dollar. :pray:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Only slightly used, at an overclocked output for 10,000 hours.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a new version of CE2 out...I only got to play it once this morning before leaving but I posted a top 10 score worldwide, I hope this means nobody is making the jump from PS4 to switch so I can dominate the leaderboards for the weekend

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

the way it stands now it's actually cheaper to buy a prebuilt rig that's on sale with the card you want because there's a certain amount of price fixing there

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I pretty much need coffee in the morning in order to get in the mindset of QA grinding... upside today is bagel Friday

al-azad
May 28, 2009

When I started roasting my own coffee I saved about $20 a month which I immediately reinvested in video games I don’t play.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I can NOT get through the final gauntlet in Chapter 2's B-Side. I either get flung too high or too low when jumping out of the dashy goop no matter what I do. I watched a video of someone doing this and he effortlessly dashed through that whole area and didn't touch the spikes. HOW

edit: Of course I complain about it and then I finally get it. Though not the way the videos on it show doing it. I had to grab on to each goopy bit and then re-position myself so that I wouldn't go too high into the spikes. I don't know how the people in the videos are doing it the normal way

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 23, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

There's a new version of CE2 out...I only got to play it once this morning before leaving but I posted a top 10 score worldwide, I hope this means nobody is making the jump from PS4 to switch so I can dominate the leaderboards for the weekend

how are the changes from the PS4 version? i know they did something with the ghost trains.... CE2 never felt as good as CE1 to me but I'd love to pick it back up if they made some fixes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man Agents of Mayhem is pretty sad.

'Saints Row but without the charm' is about as damning as statements get

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

an orange coffee cup with yellow trump hair around the rim and it says Don't talk to me until i've had my COVFEFE !!

subscribe to my patreon

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Coffee is good.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Coffee is good and uppers are better than downers

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

What kind of coffee do you people like

I tried an espresso today and it was way too much for me

any coffee is a good coffee

but goddamn i hate oversugared coffee drinks like frappes and dunkaccinos and glitterates or whatever

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

nachos posted:

Coffee is good and uppers are better than downers

in the south, a cup of coffee and a joint are called a "redneck speedball"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sakurazuka posted:

Man Agents of Mayhem is pretty sad.

'Saints Row but without the charm' is about as damning as statements get

I agree it’s disappointing, but it feels more like Crackdown mixed with Saint’s Row and watered down a bit, which is a...slightly nicer way of putting it I guess? I dunno, it’s fun and weird enough for something from a flash sale.

That and I finished Titanfall 2 and am really sad there’s no solo versus bots mode for multiplayer. :(

• Locked thread