Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bape Culture you seem loaded, can I have some cash?

Recent purchase:

A subscription to a service that helps me reference papers because I can't be hosed doing it manually atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Bape Culture posted:

Not really but my arse looks beaut 👌🏼

:gay:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
A new battery for my car.

Fucker died this morning. Thank god I live next door to work.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Logitech G602 wireless "gaming" mouse, because my old standby, a wired G402 finally gave up the ghost.

I also bought Andrew Rea's (of Youtube "Binging With Babish" fame) cookbook, "Eat What You Watch". The youtube series is great fun, with good camera work, clear instructions, and great subject matter -- Goodfellas prison spaghetti? Check. Big Night's timpano? Check. A heap of recipes from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia? Check.

The problem is that the book has a too-clever style, with typography that's not really suited for actually using as a cookbook. While the youtube channel is fun, lively, and informative, the book is kind of sterile and lifeless. I'm thinking about returning it, but this may be my donation to Andrew so he can keep doing his thing.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Crain posted:

Why, do you work at the car battery store?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Crain posted:

Cursed page, cursed purchase

I paid $1.99 for a Twitter application because it's handsome, lets me do custom themes, and is a better experience to steal memes with.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Bought some band merch because I am a 12 year old girl.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just purchased this on a quick whim.

Link to buy

Fuckface McGee
Jul 26, 2005

He was a real crazy muhfucka, too. He was... sinister.

Bape Culture posted:

Tell ya what. I’ve bought some daft poo poo in my life but last few weeks takes the biscuit

Vahine private island

Can’t wait! :D

My wife and I went to Vahine private island for a couple of days. By far the nicest place I have ever stayed.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Guys it’s page 666, whoever posts on this page is cursed.

Edit: Oh gently caress

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fuckface McGee posted:

My wife and I went to Vahine private island for a couple of days. By far the nicest place I have ever stayed.

Well you'll never be able to go there again because Bape Culture bought it :(

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

^ haha.

Fuckface McGee posted:

Holy poo poo tell me more! Never met anyone who’s heard of it nevermind stayed there!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What kind of money are we talking about to stay there?

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

OSU_Matthew posted:

I... Don't even have a sense of reference to process that purchase spree :psyduck:

I mean, I assume it's the guy's wedding + honeymoon, so...

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

RCarr posted:

Guys it’s page 666, whoever posts on this page is cursed.

Edit: Oh gently caress

hail satan

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Bape Culture posted:

^ haha.

Holy poo poo tell me more! Never met anyone who’s heard of it nevermind stayed there!

Need a badass wedding photographer for your assumingly badass wedding?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
HAIL SATIN

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

RCarr posted:

What kind of money are we talking about to stay there?

About £700/night half board iirc. Positively reasonable compared to the insanity of Bora Bora.

Bottom Liner posted:

Need a badass wedding photographer for your assumingly badass wedding?

One of my best pals who shoots a lot of editorials for mags and stuff is doing the hero shots. Just need someone to come in and do the basics as he’s a guest as well so can’t shoot everything.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

We bought a grill.

Hail satan.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bape Culture posted:

About £700/night half board iirc. Positively reasonable compared to the insanity of Bora Bora.

One of my best pals who shoots a lot of editorials for mags and stuff is doing the hero shots. Just need someone to come in and do the basics as he’s a guest as well so can’t shoot everything.

https://www.davidchildersphotography.com/portfolio if you want to check out my stuff and talk!

content: a great deal on a p bass via Amazon warehouse. Had some good luck there before so hopefully it's in good shape (says damaged packaging)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

http://hevostellenn.blogspot.fi/2015/06/panohanskat.html?m=1

e: That was not what I bought. Should always check you pasted the right thing before hitting POST.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I got a new couch

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
^^Nice couch! Is that from Wayfair?

Bottom Liner posted:

content: a great deal on a p bass via Amazon warehouse. Had some good luck there before so hopefully it's in good shape (says damaged packaging)

My buddy just bought the same guitar and it's :discourse:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Nothing compares to a good passive p bass thump. Converting my Jazz to fretless so this will become my main electric. Buying the upright at the beginning of the year was a dangerous jump back into gear acquisition syndrome :stonklol:

Here's the fretless neck: maple with Pao Ferro fingerboard

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

OSU_Matthew posted:

^^Nice couch! Is that from Wayfair?

From some lady who is moving down the street. A sectional will be different for the family but I think we're ready for the big leagues.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

overdesigned posted:

We bought a grill.

Hail satan.
How are grills like this and the Big Green Egg different from a normal grill?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The ceramic dome style grills can get way hotter for searing and hold heat much better for low temp stuff like smoking. The BGE brand is overpriced but the quality is solid.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The hazelnut is very pronounced to the point this beer is sweet. It will suffice to wash down the fried chicken gizzards I ordered via Postmates.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Bought this animation production drawing by Andreas Deja.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh, I should mention, it's from The Lion King.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pick posted:

Oh, I should mention, it's from The Lion King.

Get an orginal furisona weirdo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jerry Cotton posted:

http://hevostellenn.blogspot.fi/2015/06/panohanskat.html?m=1

e: That was not what I bought. Should always check you pasted the right thing before hitting POST.

What?

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

I came across this treasure a week or so ago on eBay.

A real, honest to goodness Facit CA2-16. Probably the most advanced electromechanical desktop calculator ever made.

Of course, it was a slight misstep on the path of computing history. It was made far too late to be a hit. Didn't take long until the transistor-based machines came and took over.
Hence, these are rare as heck and what I would call actual math-y unicorns.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

https://www.davidchildersphotography.com/portfolio if you want to check out my stuff and talk!

You’re in the wrong county man! Lovely stuff tho :)

Nice bass!

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Spy_Guy posted:

A real, honest to goodness Facit CA2-16. Probably the most advanced electromechanical desktop calculator ever made.

Of course, it was a slight misstep on the path of computing history. It was made far too late to be a hit. Didn't take long until the transistor-based machines came and took over.

Are you gonna make a video about it? I love your calculator videos, they're incredibly relaxing while also suuuper engaging and interesting. :)

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

ishikabibble posted:

Are you gonna make a video about it? I love your calculator videos, they're incredibly relaxing while also suuuper engaging and interesting. :)

That's the hope. There's a blockage in it at the moment, seems likely something has gotten gunked up and stuck, so that will need to come unstuck before I can showcase it working.

Until then I have a couple of videos of its grandfather in the pipeline.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

quote:

Cheater husband once again
Sender: wazza
Date: 9/1/11 20:57:36

I strongly suspect my husband [not necessarily married] is cheating on me.

He always wants to wear his gently caress gloves when we're having sex. (black leather fingerless gloves, with studs on the back of the hand)
Can't come (so he says) without them ever, and even if we're having spontaneous sex in the kitchen, at some point he'll pull out and say "just a moment", fetch his gently caress gloves and only then comes.

My husband has been at some seminar in Hämeenlinna with his co-workers this week-end and I noticed that the aforementioned gloves are missing from the night stand drawer.

Pissed off as @!#$ and thoughts all messed up.
I think I'll go to my sister's place so I'm not home when my husband comes..

quote:

Re: Cheater husband once again
Sender: gee
Date: 9/1/11 21:28:03

Noway of course be home when your husband returns! You start sucking his dick right at the door and at the same time surreptitiously check for a boning-line.

quote:

Re: Cheater husband once again
Sender: What
Date: 9/1/11 22:46:43

The F**k is a gently caress-line???

Anyway the Capri Sun was a bit of a let-down; the straw is like a cm too short and a bag is definitely the wrong way to go when trying to drink some juice. I'll stick to juice boxes from now on.

Fuckface McGee
Jul 26, 2005

He was a real crazy muhfucka, too. He was... sinister.

Bape Culture posted:

^ haha.

It was peaceful and carefree. The service and food was wonderful. It cost $1000/night after everything and it seemed to be worth it. Our overwater bungalo was way nicer than any other hotel room we stayed at during the rest of our two week trip but that is kind of to be expected because we averaged $100/night for the other islands.

If I had to do the vacation over again I would stay longer in Maupiti and skip Bora Bora.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Warrior QRL5 55 flex intermediate with backstrom curve. Maybe my weak noodle arms will be able to flex this stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Spy_Guy posted:

That is amazing! I found a video of a purely mechanical predecessor(?). I can't imagine how much more intricate that thing is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkAp1mUE4-A