Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm going to bed but I'm Vanilla Town. Hence my saltiness about all yall being backups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Gaspy when you wake up I want you to actually explain why there would be loving five scum in a 16 player setup AND an SK. I can buy four plus an SK, but I find it completely loving implausible for a setup to be even a little balanced while having a Scum with two potential kill roles (Poisoner counting as an additional kill) and with an SK on the board. It legitimately makes no fucming sense to me with how traditional I suspected the setup to be.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dick Bastardly posted:

That's what I meant. But Xad's questioning me about the doc role had that the forefront of my mind. Either way, you had claimed and I had a hunch you were the next nk target. I honestly didn't consider a back up doc would do the same, which is retarded in hind sight. So if Xad is doc, then it Mona or lup. Lup claimed tracker so it's probably Mona.

##vote mona

Sorry xad and gaspy, I'm retarded :downs:

This is a bad case and a bad vote and literally makes no sense. If you believe Lup's track claim, why wouldnt you vote out Xad at this juncture? Xad visited the person who literally just flipped in the night. If they were Doc, this would mean this person would not be dead. That is as smoking gun as you get this late in the game.

Even if you think I'm scum (which isnt a good train of thought to follow Gaspy on rn until he explains his drat fool self) it make 100% more sense to vote out the SK today.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asphyxious posted:

This is not a man who is happy that there are multiple town power roles in play.

Imagine being the only VT among SK, backup Jailer, Backup Cop, and Backup Tracker. Im not usually too salty about being VT but its incredibly hilariously unlucky from my point of view.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hell if yall wanna dump all your night actions on ke assuming the game doesnt end when we lunch Xad, but unless people have a good reason to doubt Lupus, people should be looking there and not at me. Either Lupus is fakeclaiming to get a lunch on Xad, or he has an actual legitimate result and Xad is the SK.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Those are the only two things people should be worrying about today. Full stop.

Okay actually going to bed now.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Monathin posted:

Imagine being the only VT among SK, backup Jailer, Backup Cop, and Backup Tracker. Im not usually too salty about being VT but its incredibly hilariously unlucky from my point of view.

VT is the best role :colbert:

Either way, among those who look suspicious Lupus is not currently among them, so it’s safe-ish to assume his claim of Xad’s actions is an accurate one and Xad is in fact the SK.

If after killing Xad we get more NK’s, it’s almost definitely mona.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asphyxious posted:

VT is the best role :colbert:

Either way, among those who look suspicious Lupus is not currently among them, so it’s safe-ish to assume his claim of Xad’s actions is an accurate one and Xad is in fact the SK.

If after killing Xad we get more NK’s, it’s almost definitely mona.

I will gladly accept either Lupus or Gaspy doing night actions on me if the game doesnt end after we dunk Xad. But if you think Lupus' claim is legitimate thats what shpuld be the focus today. I still dont believe there are more than four scum. If there are, then one of you, Dick, or Lupus are lying.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Still not asleep so here's more thoughts, you cant stop me:

- if Gaspy's incredibly insane 5 Scum Theory is correct, then we need to reconsider the NK of last night. The fact that there was only one makes me believe that AA was targetting Gaspy and that Dick's backup jail is legitimate. We shpuld have had an extra kill otherwise. Gaspy dunked Tolly, so is as confirmed town as town can get. This means that the only person from my point of view that could be lying about their night action could be Lupus as backup tracker, trying to get rid of the person they most suspect of being the SK, and then hoping to finish the game by pointing fingers with 3 left.

If you dont think Lupus is scum, Gaspy, then there arent 5 scum in this game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Monathin posted:

I will gladly accept either Lupus or Gaspy doing night actions on me if the game doesnt end after we dunk Xad. But if you think Lupus' claim is legitimate thats what shpuld be the focus today. I still dont believe there are more than four scum. If there are, then one of you, Dick, or Lupus are lying.

We’ll see. If Dick jailed me that answers some questions. But then I have others. A possible sequence is:

- dick jails me
- I investigate xxxx and fail (due to jail)
- AA tries to kill me and fails (due to jail)
- Xad kills AA
- lupus tracks Xad
- Mona does nothing

Questions I have are:
- we got back up cop, tracker and JAILER but not doctor?
- dick could be claiming his scum buddies last action
- lupus could be lying to frame Xad
- why would AA try to kill me when I was very likely to be protected?
- why is dick so desperate to launch votes today?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Monathin posted:

Still not asleep so here's more thoughts, you cant stop me:

- if Gaspy's incredibly insane 5 Scum Theory is correct, then we need to reconsider the NK of last night. The fact that there was only one makes me believe that AA was targetting Gaspy and that Dick's backup jail is legitimate. We shpuld have had an extra kill otherwise. Gaspy dunked Tolly, so is as confirmed town as town can get. This means that the only person from my point of view that could be lying about their night action could be Lupus as backup tracker, trying to get rid of the person they most suspect of being the SK, and then hoping to finish the game by pointing fingers with 3 left.

If you dont think Lupus is scum, Gaspy, then there arent 5 scum in this game.

Pretending to track someone because you think they’re the SK who killed your mate would be a gently caress of a play bevause you’d be completely stuffed if you were wrong. You’d need to be profoundly confident in your pick.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asphyxious posted:

- we got back up cop, tracker and JAILER but not doctor?
- dick could be claiming his scum buddies last action
- lupus could be lying to frame Xad

Lupus trying to frame Xad is exactly what Im worried about, personally.

The Jailer claim is weird but feels legitimate, especially if your action failed - Tobbs was the scum roleblocker and the other jailer died a while ago. Unless you see scum having two roleblockers, for some reason?

AA targetting you is weird. I would have assumed DB was a better target personally, especially with AA as Godfather. It may be possible AA withheld the kill but I find that unlikely, regardless if AA was last or second to last scum standing.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

well, there are two possibilities.

(this is much more likely imo) 1. Gaspy is back-up doc and I Jailed him/her last night to thwart his/her doom. There might be a blocked scum NK, I think it likely. SK kill made it through.

(possible, but not likely) 2. Gaspy is scum whom I blocked by Jailing. SK kill made it through.

I think Xad is last scum that got blocked. Mona for SK.

the hell is this nonsense

1. I figured if anything gaspy would be confirmed backup COP since he led the charge on TT (and claimed deputy), meaning he copped TT n3

2. you're implying that not only is there another scum left, that it's gaspy, and he bussed TT for credit yesterday

either way, you possibly roleblocked a cop (or doc?), I don't like it

I don't think gaspy is scum

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

That's what I meant. But Xad's questioning me about the doc role had that the forefront of my mind. Either way, you had claimed and I had a hunch you were the next nk target. I honestly didn't consider a back up doc would do the same, which is retarded in hind sight. So if Xad is doc, then it Mona or lup. Lup claimed tracker so it's probably Mona.

##vote mona

Sorry xad and gaspy, I'm retarded :downs:

oh, alright, welp

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asphyxious posted:

Pretending to track someone because you think they’re the SK who killed your mate would be a gently caress of a play bevause you’d be completely stuffed if you were wrong. You’d need to be profoundly confident in your pick.

I agree, it doesnt seem very likely, but since we're going down this road of entertaining a ludicrous 5 scum + sk setup, thats what I'm left with. I know my alignment, you clearly dunked Tolly, and I'm forced to Occam's Razor on the fact that your action failed + scum didnt get a NK in.

It would, however, be a loving cool rear end play to lose to if it happened that way.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
To answer your question Gaspy, about my voting today; I am at work currently, and have been pretty lucky so far that I've been able to read and follow this morning. But at any moment I will inevitably be unavailable in a game that has picked-up considerably in pace.

##unvote

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The only other option I can think of that could in fact cause a scenario with 5 scum that you are confident in Gaspy is that you are the fifth scum, turbobussed Tolly for late game townie cred, and as the last scum standing Dick jailed you and thus you couldnt perform the NK.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

...But that makes no sense because that means with you, Tolly, and AA alive last game day you had us in mylo, and should have pushed for literally anyone else but your own scumbro even with a fake cop claim.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Asphyxious posted:

-lupus IS lying about tracking me to AA, he should have seen me go to gaspy

these are all things I'm worried about, especially because I'm Tadamasa Goto, backup doc and Guy Who Tried to Protect Gaspy Last Night and Failed

I'm assuming we're out of scum and just have a SK, in that case it's fine if we mislynch today, we'll get a 2nd chance tomorrow

gaspy I don't think it's likely that there is STILL another scum AND a SK left after AA died, but obviously that doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
both lup's merk vote and the xad vote this morning do look a little suspect.

I can't figure out who is lying and it's aggravating me. :negative:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Xad if lupus is lying about his claim I really would have hoped for a bigger reaction/more certainty from you.

Instead your first post back in the thread is jumping all over DB for a post that had already been covered.

DB’s post came well, we’ll after lupus claiming he tracked you and I can’t imagine being in that situation and thinking “yes, this is what I’ll respond to, the obvious scum caught in a lie? That can wait, I’ll get to that later,”

So you kind of have to get voted for now.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Well, Xad's lie seals it for me. ##vote Xad
To give credence to my backup tracker claim, assuming we all got informed of our backup roles in the same way: the fluff was me finding a note posted to the front door.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

LupusAter posted:

To give credence to my backup tracker claim, assuming we all got informed of our backup roles in the same way: the fluff was me finding a note posted to the front door.

Checks out.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

LupusAter posted:

Yep.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##vote Xad

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote xad

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:redhammer:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Yakuza all turned to the one person in the group that looked completely out of place. Wearing modern clothes, smoking a cigarette, and holding a strange metal object in his hands that they had never seen before.

"Oh well, nothing to be done" he muttered to himself as he put the gun up to his temple and pulled the trigger, spilling his brains all over the town square.

Xad, Takeshi Kitano, Serial Killer who fell through time and space, died.

:siren: No more threats to the town remain. Town wins! :siren:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Gaspy I was about to loving lose my poo poo at you over your goddamn Five Scum Theory, holy goddamn balls.

Good game, everyone! Thanks for running, Max!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Sorry Ecco

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mod Doc

Scum Chat

Dead Doc

This was a closed nailbiter setup. Link

Some thoughts on that:

I was initially interested in how the Nailbiter setup would run as a closed setup experience. I think for the first half of the game, it actually went pretty well. Things were tight near the end.

However, the one thing I would absolutely change is to find a way to mitigate the inheritance of roles rule. As it is now, no one really knows that something like that is coming, and it completely exploded all the scum in the final few days. We've been discussing this a little in the dead doc, but please to let people know here what you may think. This setup is essetially an open source setup, so really anything goes.

I think scum overall played a really good game, both the team and Xad. They got screwed on some very specific nights that went beyond their control.

The final night in particular was rough for Xad, since he had the tracker on him. Funny thing about that, AA was all set to night kill the tracker on the same night, but because of night kill priority, Xad's kill resolved first, making it impossible for AA to carry out his kill of Lupus, thus dooming Xad.

Thank you to everyone who participated. I think this had a good level of posting and not a lot of vitriol, which is always the ideal in my mind.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also congrats to Tolly for what I thought was a very strong first showing in this community. Please stick around!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This was a fun game to replace into. I love rolling scum. It's like christmas for me. Thanks for the game and flavor. Thanks for the camaraderie Tolly, MMT, Tobbs. Xad you're really good. I was rooting for you once town started doubting stuff, but in the end they got you. Still... kudos.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good job town! :D

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Great game Max, thanks for running it!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I knew jailing the cop was the right thing to do. :colbert:

Wouldv'e saved tobbs if not for the unstoppable nature of xad's punching power.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Thanks Maxwell

:cheerdoge:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the game Max!

Good game everyone!

TMMadman posted:

If merk is town, then it sure does seem like there are only a few good scum candidates: Tobbs, Xad, and probably one of DB/AA.

If merk is scum then the scum candidates seem to be Tobbs, Asphyxious, Monathin.

*cough*

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
but in all seriousness I was terrible, I'm sorry. good job town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's kimd of funny because even though I was wrong about merk, I don't know if the game plays out the same way if Xad gets lynched instead.

• Locked thread