Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Luis Cessa inspires zero confidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

Man, Frazier is in such an awkward spot. Wonder how this year plays out for him.

I really think they end up moving him, he just has nowhere to play and they can swap him for a young, cost controlled pitcher.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't hate the idea of carrying 6 OFers if we assume one of Judge/Stanton/Ellsbury is the DH most days but it probably wouldn't be the worst thing if Frazier starts the year in AAA and we just see if anyone gets hurt or a trade emerges.

Of course it also wouldn't be the worst thing if Torres starts the year in AAA but if that happens I think a lot of fans are gonna get mad. But they probably will with Ellsbury/Frazier too.

But a whole ST to see how this stuff shapes up.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So it's good to see that Mr. Gregory Bird is still all about Meredith

https://twitter.com/justinddiamond/status/967131721304076290

...but here comes Mr. Steal Your Girl himself...

https://twitter.com/ScottReinen/status/967140208281030656

THE DRAMA.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/967133451861331969?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E3

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

So it's good to see that Mr. Gregory Bird is still all about Meredith

https://twitter.com/justinddiamond/status/967131721304076290

THE DRAMA.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 24, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Montgomery looked great today.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/RiverAveBlues/status/968482032341962752

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It wasn't televised but that doesn't mean we can't watch Andujar's walk-off from last night get out in a drat hurry.

https://twitter.com/MaxWildstein/status/968316939385884673

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

lol if Andujar doesn't make the team out of spring

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Im really hoping both Torres and Andujar work out at a major league level because then the yankees can spend money on pitching next offseason rather than more bats.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

lol if Andujar doesn't make the team out of spring

It's actually hilarious how him, Drury, and Danny loving Espinosa have all been hitting well so far.

(Yes, I'm laughing at an enormous four game ST sample size.)

(Also Andujar will make the team and make an error at 3B and the commentariat will lose their loving minds, it will be amazing.)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Andujar hit another homer. I just want him to be better than Devers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I am Gary just hit a 975 foot homer.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I am Gary just hit a 975 foot homer.

Jesus, over the left field scoreboard.

Edit:

Video!
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/968914202600595457

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 28, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The sound that makes is so good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Man is Florial a good looking player.

Edit: Andujar does NOT want to go to AAA.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 1, 2018

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/bpinstripes/status/969310674429112321

Lol we’re gonna be good for a while

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Andujar needs to make this baseball team and be starting at third base.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
MLB Pipeline released the Yankees Top 30 list today and oh man if you like RHP do I have a link for you!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Most likely opening day lineup might be Andujar at 3B and Drury at 2B.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Given that Adujar's biggest issue is his (honestly pretty bad) glove, it seems really surprising that they have given him 0 reps in the minors at OF/1B

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
His glove isn't that bad though?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

His glove isn't that bad though?

By, uh, what metric exactly?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Organizational reports say that Andujar's glove is about average for the position, but the belief is that he'll get better as he gets more and more reps with the ML coaching staff

I personally think they'd be doing Andujar a disservice by having go at AAA for a second year in a row when it's clear that his offense is ready. why not improve at D while getting valuable MLB development?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

That's complete BS, because if his glove was anywhere near "average" he would the starting 3B without batting an eye.

An average defensive 3rd basemen with his bat would be a top 15 starting 3rd basemen with literally no question.

e: That is not to say I dont agree with you, dude should be on the roster and probably starting this year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea there's no way his glove is average. Hopefully he can develop into a passable defensive 3B though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I've heard Andujar's glove is fine but his arm is inaccurate.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
The biggest problem with Andujar is that he's going to be a hacker. I think he'll be an average defender, but he profiles as a better version of Joe Crede. That's a MLB regular, but not my favorite kind of player.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

The biggest problem with Andujar is that he's going to be a hacker. I think he'll be an average defender, but he profiles as a better version of Joe Crede. That's a MLB regular, but not my favorite kind of player.

He's gonna be better than that. That's like a 300OBP player. I could see Andujar being like a pre blue jays Edwin Encarnacion as a floor.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 3, 2018

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Kim Jong Il posted:

If you're rolling with a better version of Joe Crede at 3rd as your 7th best position player, you're in good shape. I'd take this honestly.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Torres' D this spring has been... Not good.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

He's gonna be better than that. That's like a 300OBP player. I could see Andujar being like a pre blue jays Edwin Encarnacion as a floor.

Average and power yes, but has hasn't shown that kind of patience. I think he's a MUCH better defensive player though.

mikeraskol posted:

If you're rolling with a better version of Joe Crede at 3rd as your 7th best position player, you're in good shape. I'd take this honestly.

Yeah it's ok, I just personally hate free swingers. And just to be clear, I meant offensively, I think he'll be below average but passable defensively. Just not the trainwreck he is being portrayed as by some.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Stanton is gonna be in LF today, while Judge is in RF.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ihatepants posted:

Stanton is gonna be in LF today, while Judge is in RF.

This has not been pretty.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Whoever was bitching about Torreyes in here is gonna get their wish. I'm pretty sure Wade and Walker are both making the team.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
That was me, although I want my precious Tyler Wade to start.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I mean, Neil Walker should start. He's really goddamn good.

Plus if Torres ends up being ready they can move him at the deadline probably for some kind of prospect. Adding and starting Walker is a no brainer.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I would be more concerned about Drury or Walker blocking guys long term if it wasn't for Jordan Montgomery: 5th Starter. Dude wasn't even on the 40-man at the start of Spring Training, I think the Yankees have shown they're more than willing to let guys play when they're ready. Torres and Andujar have less than 100 games above AA combined, it's not like there are completely understandable reasons to have them start the season there. And I love Andujar.

(Also Walker is a 1 year deal so nobody's hair should be on fire here.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I would be more concerned about Drury or Walker blocking guys long term if it wasn't for Jordan Montgomery: 5th Starter. Dude wasn't even on the 40-man at the start of Spring Training, I think the Yankees have shown they're more than willing to let guys play when they're ready. Torres and Andujar have less than 100 games above AA combined, it's not like there are completely understandable reasons to have them start the season there. And I love Andujar.

(Also Walker is a 1 year deal so nobody's hair should be on fire here.)

That was more due to bad starting depth which they still haven't fixed. Cashman clearly LOVES Drury and Wade, they could easily get much longer leashes than they deserve.

• Locked thread