Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

TMMadman posted:

It's kimd of funny because even though I was wrong about merk, I don't know if the game plays out the same way if Xad gets lynched instead.

Xad either purposefully or accidentally took care of most of the scumteam, so probably not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Also, thank you Max. The flavor was good :)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Max posted:

Also congrats to Tolly for what I thought was a very strong first showing in this community. Please stick around!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Monathin posted:

Xad either purposefully or accidentally took care of most of the scumteam, so probably not!

Honestly I probably should've targeted lupus or someone else instead of AA, but killing scum is satisfying, even if it kinda ruined me in the end

This game was great, gg everybody! I feel like being in FF7 spectator chat unintentionally helped, since everybody was talking about optimal SK play and stuff in there :eng101:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Convenient that the game ended right as I'm starting my trip to NZ

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Also congrats to Tolly for what I thought was a very strong first showing in this community. Please stick around!

Yeah. I thought she was town and her little comment towards the end of D3 made me flip back to merk after I had done a good job convincing myself he was town over the course of the day.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
has a serial killer ever won a game of mafia? seems like it's an almost impossible feat.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

has a serial killer ever won a game of mafia? seems like it's an almost impossible feat.

bif and kb did in ff7 mafia but that was a group of two so idk if you count that

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

flerp posted:

bif and kb did in ff7 mafia but that was a group of two so idk if you count that

The great Tom Tucker

Also Power of Pecota in one of my games.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Fun game!

Dunno if AA picked up everything but his BP stops the SK unstoppable kill. Would have helped scum if backups flipped as backups. Also knowing of SK having absolute kill priority would have been useful.

Basically running it as a closed setup with specialized rules hurt scum a bit (though it prevents town from mass-claiming to solve the game).

Personally I'd say replace the poisoner with a rolecop. Having only a poison kill could help evade the tracker, except if a poisoner is tracked N1 to a player, and that player dies N2, most people would put 2 and 2 together. That and at 4-man MYLO, town can mislynch and get an extra day due to the poison delay, making the poisoner a liability to scum. Also, if the ninja is still alive, a ninja kill is almost always preferable to a poison kill.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

It’s possible. It’s very hard to balance it because you need to make sure the role isn’t just a nuisance for town and scum to deal with, but a real role in its own right. We’ve had serial killer wins in this community. I sort of have one, though it was a secret all scum game anyway.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

KB won Scooby Doo Mafia as a 3P survivor that was basically an SK. Although to be fair, if he had found his prize on N2 he could have not killed anyone else and just looked like a vig.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Great game everybody!

I'll admit I was kinda lucky in getting Xad, my reasoning was to follow someone who hadn't claimed and in two games I've played with him I found I have an hard time getting a read on him so he was my choice. And Tolly had me completely fooled.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

LupusAter posted:

Great game everybody!

I'll admit I was kinda lucky in getting Xad, my reasoning was to follow someone who hadn't claimed and in two games I've played with him I found I have an hard time getting a read on him so he was my choice. And Tolly had me completely fooled.

Even I thought Tolly was town, and I was scumbros with her.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah I probably wouldn't have gotten Tolly or AA, at some point I will nail a scum on deduction, until then, keep playing.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

Ecco won the AR and lil d wedding game

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Echoing the tolly love

Stay awhile and listen

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

:discourse:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Konichiwa, I am Kanshu and I am so kawaii. Sayonara!

lol

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hahahaha Jesus.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can't access the mod doc at work did I at least do anything useful with my jails?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Retro Futurist posted:

I can't access the mod doc at work did I at least do anything useful with my jails?

You stopped me from roleblocking merk lol

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
Monathin was so funny on the last day!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Tolly Totes posted:

Huge apologies to Monathin, my freaking out was because I read AA’s flip as jailer not janitor.

I of course just pressed on because lord knows I wouldn’t want to lose credibility :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

This is why Bifauxnen wants to kill all of you fucks all the time.

I’m trying to repeat YPM’s mantra of “bad town play isn’t scum play” but gently caress me dead.

I loved this post :buddy:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You stopped me from roleblocking merk lol

Take that!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yf9riO7l_qBYcNYR8gwBopSq2pgG2CAt2TgplP728yE/edit?usp=sharing Here's a spreadsheet I made during the game with a lot of rambling notes, for your viewing pleasure

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Also I had NO IDEA that my kill was unstoppable/had priority, I was hoping AA would also get a kill in, so when he didn't I assumed they tried to kill gaspy

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asphyxious posted:

Huge apologies to Monathin, my freaking out was because I read AAs flip as jailer not janitor.

:doh:

You got me all worked up for nothing, Gaspy.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tolly Totes posted:

I almost always tend to get more engaged the later the game goes on, so by the time we got down to the backups + me + Xad I was pretty riled up, Gaspy somehow thinking the setup had room for 5 scum + SK was making me lose my mind because that seemed like such a weird drat thing to say.

I probably didn't need to post so many times in succession though.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
It's sad the discord was shut down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tolly Totes posted:

It's sad the discord was shut down