Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
It's going to be more of a Shadow of Mordor dystopia, what with the accents and all. They're both solid games, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Another campaign promise broken.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

"Hon. Lord Humongous: Yes it will."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

doverhog posted:

A Dyson sphere would not surround the earth, it would replace it. It is a sphere build around and fully encompassing the Sun. You would live on the inside surface of the sphere. Well actually you wouldn't as such a megaconstruct is not really feasible for any civilization that would actually need to harness 100% of the energy of a star.

Wouldn't the sun eventually expand into a red giant and destroy the sphere?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, but who would care? Oh no, our Dyson Sphere will be destroyed in 5 billion years! Why even go to the effort then.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, but who would care? Oh no, our Dyson Sphere will be destroyed in 5 billion years! Why even go to the effort then.

And hey, with enough extra mass on the sphere, we could make our Sun go supernova.

I know that's not how supernovas work.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

doverhog posted:

Uh, and the sun is gonna be around for really long time. You don't need to plan your poo poo until the heat death, that's overkill.

Are you suggesting we once again pass the buck to our grandchildren? It's this kind of short-term thinking that got us into the mess we're in today.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

Are you suggesting we once again pass the buck to our grandchildren? It's this kind of short-term thinking that got us into the mess we're in today.

In the same sense that the Indo-European tribes left us horse poo poo to clean up, sure.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Phlegmish posted:

Eh, I'm sure they'll be intelligent enough to work out a solution. Whats the worst that could happen?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

See how you like it when your descendants are burning heretics and purging xenos.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
What if we made some kind of dyson sphere sphere to extract the energy from the old one when it's past its prime?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

What if we made some kind of dyson sphere sphere to extract the energy from the old one when it's past its prime?

A Dysonion.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dyception

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Given the cost of building a dyson sphere a positive ROI within that time frame is not a given.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Choco1980 posted:

If you have a Dyson swarm instead of a Dyson sphere, the increased solar wind would automatically propel them into a wider configuration, so they'd be safe when the sun went red giant.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm telling you guys. Get. Energy. From. The. Cold.

Let that stupid antiquated day ball burn out. We'll be relaxing in a floating permanent Utopia surrounded by all the darkness we need for a continued existence. Also, I'm sure there will be like corn dog Thursdays on board too.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

love annie newton's shitpost

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Man featured on Trump dating site has child sex conviction

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Entropy is just people in the previous universe borrowing energy from this one. Eventually we'll get in on that and start borrowing from the next one, continuing the cycle.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Volcott posted:

Entropy is just people in the previous universe borrowing energy from this one. Eventually we'll get in on that and start borrowing from the next one, continuing the cycle.

AKA the "You Grab My Nuts, I'll Grab His" principle

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

China wages war on funeral strippers

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Funeral stripper is not the weirdest job title I've heard today, but it's at least up there.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Pretty sure The Onion interviewed a funeral stripper for their Voices column once.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Former Brisbane Freemason Glenn Langford apologises after being found naked in broken pipe organ, surrounded by cheeseburger

Glenn Langford posted:

“I apologise to all the righteous Freemasons everywhere. I did have a lot of cheeseburgers to give to the homeless."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Must have been one hell of a night.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Illinois Governor Drinks Chocolate Milk, Celebrates ‘Diversity!’

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/thetakeout/status/967115878495150080

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Student investigated after allegedly saying a math symbol looked like a gun

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Wtf? It's a poor judgement to say such thing? Murrica is so hosed up.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Man who used anglerfish stomach to masturbate ends up in hospital

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i want to believe but i dont think a fish bellysack can hold up to being washed inside out

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/967164080971747328

:suspense:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9S1kpCprF0

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

He knew it was likely to happen, forcing the lawsuit was probably one of the goals of doing it in the first place.
https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/authorities-deactivate-transit-pass-implanted-in-biohackers-hand/1797

Intoluene posted:

And hey, with enough extra mass on the sphere, we could make our Sun go supernova.

I know that's not how supernovas work.
Also not how spheres work .

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:suspense: too

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Oh sweet they're remaking The Stand

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/OrmistonOnline/status/967283521076150273

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

It's weird how the buzz in the news about the missing CDC guy is all "I can't believe such a successful guy would just walk away like that" when all I can think is he died in an alleyway somewhere and there's going to be an ebola outbreak at a homeless shelter after someone nicked his wallet.

I mean maybe I'm the weird one but was no one worried he managed to catch something at his job?