Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Does Finka's gadget revive you from DBNO if you're in a Frost trap?

It looks like they've already started to prune the ridiculous list of things her gadget does (it now only halves flash duration and you still suffer the full effect, it was a 30%/50% reduction before) but lol holy poo poo she just does everything possibly to buff your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Are there any PS4 goons ITT? Got another goon that I play with and we wouldn't mind to get some more people together to play with.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I play ps4

Psn: GhostStalker512

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Minrad posted:

Does Finka's gadget revive you from DBNO if you're in a Frost trap?

No it doesn't.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Psn: the_can0nized

I just picked this game up and am very bad.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

keyframe posted:

No it doesn't.

thank god :v:

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Javes posted:

Are there any PS4 goons ITT? Got another goon that I play with and we wouldn't mind to get some more people together to play with.

I'm game.

PSN: FuriousMittens

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

blitz buff idea: at the start of each round he proclaims its time to fight for real, then pulls off his weighted clothing and drops his shield, becoming a 5 speed 1/2 armor pistol op

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Added all of you PS4 folks.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

got em

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bitch

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
that same pose is how she dodges bullets so you got very lucky

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Minrad posted:

blitz buff idea: at the start of each round he proclaims its time to fight for real, then pulls off his weighted clothing and drops his shield, becoming a 5 speed 1/2 armor pistol op

I would def play this.

Wait, why don't we have a dual pistol op yet

I know it ain't tacticool, but really, this is an oversight.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Minrad posted:

I second this but only if he can stretch his arms for long-range melee attacks.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

dual pistols but 1 speed when you hold them both

attack only so there is a tachanka type comedy option on both sides

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Blitz buff.
Blitz gets a second pistol and learns to hold the shield in his mouth.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Thief posted:

dual pistols but 1 speed when you hold them both

attack only so there is a tachanka type comedy option on both sides

Nah man, 3 speed 0 armour. Active ability is shooting at different targets with each gun.

https://i.imgur.com/RaxDhkm.mp4:v:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lmao when the clancyverse finally introduces dual pistols it'll be like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hbdC88LQ-Y&t=177s

Jack Trades posted:

Blitz buff.
Blitz gets a second pistol and learns to hold the shield in his mouth.

i always liked how shield users can put it on their back like a turtle which would be a funny if they ever incorporate it into an operator ability

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Whiskey Siege https://streamable.com/he1od

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

That just made me think of ninja turtles for a second, which made me think bo-staff, which made me think ninja operator

Alright get ready for a couple of MY joke operator paragraphs

Imagine being on defense when the hatch above obj explodes, candelas fall down, and then some chick with tacticool garb falls down holding a bo-staff and starts backflipping through the flashing diamonds

Then she lands on pulse's neck with her knees on his shoulders and there's a beat where the other defense ops are rubbing their eyes and gain their vision back, and just when they take aim at her she forward flips like Eddie Gordo, breaks pulse's neck while simultaneously throwing his corpse at Mira, who was prepping a C4 but it explodes in her face

Of course there's a quick cutaway to Mira's surprised expression as she explodes

Anyways then the roaming Cav loving runs back into objective like a golden retriever but hits the bo-staff, she does a comical flip and lands DBNO

Doc, who has been AFK, quickly realizes poo poo has hit the wall and immediately takes out the stim pistol to revive Cav, and hail mary's a shot across the room...

...and ninja op steps right into the path of the needle, now boosted. Doc looks horrified as he switches to a gun, but tenchu OP has closed the distance and melee's him

Finally like, the last idiot not holding site comes back and she just bombs the staff into their chest from 20 yards and pins them to the wall

Hire me as head lore writer, ubi, I will add in all of the little relationships the fans are shipping when you tell me to

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ying's gadget can be kind of spotty at times, but when it works, it works. Not even my terrible shooting could save them. :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/BL53R0s.mp4

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i can't resist throwing everything i can at people who are downed. it's so loving wasteful and i'm pretty sure people with rook armor take a couple more hits even which makes it even funnier if you get away with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P77QHSetbg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJb7--7Rnas

Super86
Apr 20, 2016
I've read the OP and played a little on the free weekend. I like tactical, serious stuff but have nobody to play with, and playing this game with randoms seems to me like playing Arma 3 with randoms.

I want to know how's the goon community surrounding this game. Is there any groups around who can take care of a newbie willing to learn the game and play semi-seriously? Preferably Euro time zone.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

there's a discord and i think some people still use mumble

the discord seems pretty active with people from all over, even australia so there is usually lurkers on practically all the time. there are all sorts of goons that play, from ones that play very seriously to people that just are super casual and a cool thing about the server is that it all sorts of people actively play together in pickup groups. so sometimes you are in an elite tactical cyber CTU unit and other times you are playing quake deathmatch with the korean railgun

https://discord.gg/HQKZaYN

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Thief posted:

there's a discord and i think some people still use mumble

the discord seems pretty active with people from all over, even australia so there is usually lurkers on practically all the time. there are all sorts of goons that play, from ones that play very seriously to people that just are super casual and a cool thing about the server is that it all sorts of people actively play together in pickup groups. so sometimes you are in an elite tactical cyber CTU unit and other times you are playing quake deathmatch with the korean railgun

https://discord.gg/HQKZaYN

A lot of us use chugging the stairs. A lot of us in the F13 discord play and you can hit up the Siege discord as well.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

you can try the "official" discord too but it's kind of devolved into the typical chat spergfest like every other game that has tried integrating reddit into their community. but there's like 15k users on and barely 1% of them get into the voice chats

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Here's how you time a hostage rescue just right :discourse:: https://streamable.com/7tnwf

Please disregard me missing the obvious escape route through the open hatch

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Please disregard me missing the obvious escape route through the open hatch

A hostage rescue ain't poo poo unless you win by running a lap around the map with the hostage on your back.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Jehde posted:

A hostage rescue ain't poo poo unless you win by running a lap around the map with the hostage on your back.

Idk, my personal favorite is throwing the hostage out a window several floors up

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Javes posted:

Played the game at release but I want to get back into it.

Im apparently level 40 :jihad: so have be trying to relearn the game

Psn: Mr_Wibblesworth

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
i want to see an attack operator that casts magic spells

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The Australian goonstack is pretty regular at this point, and has visibly improved whilst playing together. If you’re APAC, come man shoot with us, we don’t care at all about skill level as long as you’re chill.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
My favorite hostage rescue moment was sitting above the ticket booth in Border trying to figure out how to grab the hostage and then break through the barriers without getting shot when in comes an oblivious opfor to open my path.

One kill later I'm throwing myself out a window while the remaining 4 fill the air with lead for the win.

Javes
May 6, 2012

VoLaTiLe posted:

Played the game at release but I want to get back into it.

Im apparently level 40 :jihad: so have be trying to relearn the game

Psn: Mr_Wibblesworth

Tried searching for that name and nothing came up.

Edit: nvm added you

Javes fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 25, 2018

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I like how Ubi's idea of buffing operators is just to make them faster. Very rarely do damage/recoil changes make any kind of significant change since TTK is so low in this game in the first place. Better to make everybody faster and thus harder instead of doing anything.

Now waiting on the glorious day where Tachanka can remote control his gun like a sentry turret on top of being yet another 2 speed OP with the russian shotgun secretly being the best one.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Bullbar posted:

Like ESP or perhaps a heal/recoil boost?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Literally the Vanguard from Mass Effect

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

The Duggler posted:

Like ESP or perhaps a heal/recoil boost?

or some sick lightning attacks, or summoning a little demon instead of a drone. Or a bodyswap spell.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Bullbar posted:

i'm ready for tactical raid heals:

also it will be funny to tell people to jump off the roof so you can reset them and if they're jerks you can just let them lay there having to chose between holding their breath to survive and berating you in chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
Holy gently caress. Since when did this game become so plagued with mutes? No-one responds to mic calls !_! I know it QP but omg, no-one responds to anything. Questions, Pings, nothing get's a response half the time !_! This game's quality has gone up in performance and some great hud elements have been added. Yet the community seems to have gone mute !_! I remember more banter back during the first year/beta. Is ladder that bad as well?