Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

LGD posted:

How do you feel about hot dog based diets?

I'm a vegetarian

I did appreciate the bulk almond milk though, and the 12 pack of fake sausages

I just went on a date with a woman that has the Costco credit card, so maybe I should ask for a date at Costco? That's romantic right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Without many details I'm designing a presentation right now for one of my company's products for Costco to review and I'm gonna be honored if it will be sold in the holy land. PBUC

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
What is it

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

actionjackson posted:

Is Costco worth it for me, the typical pathetic single male goon? Most of the food stuff is too much for one person, except stuff that lasts a long time I guess.

I don't really drive much, so the cheaper gas isn't a big thing for me.

You should probably buy all your beer, wine, booze, and tp at Costco. The fresh deli stuff is good for a couple of meals as well, I liked making them on a Sunday and having a few nights worth of food.

If the clothes fit you might as well get them too, and then of course the jerky and snacks are top tier.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tim Whatley posted:

Without many details I'm designing a presentation right now for one of my company's products for Costco to review and I'm gonna be honored if it will be sold in the holy land. PBUC

God speed Mr. Whatley

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

actionjackson posted:

I'm a vegetarian

I did appreciate the bulk almond milk though, and the 12 pack of fake sausages

I just went on a date with a woman that has the Costco credit card, so maybe I should ask for a date at Costco? That's romantic right

get one of those vacuum pump things and freeze everything, stockpile TP and you can easily make it worth your while.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

actionjackson posted:

Is Costco worth it for me, the typical pathetic single male goon? Most of the food stuff is too much for one person, except stuff that lasts a long time I guess.

It’s been worth it for me. I buy pretty much everything Costco though. Clothes, household goods, etc. As far as food goes they have good stuff for one person but it’s mostly frozen. Stuff like the frozen bags of chicken breasts and 5lb bags of frozen mixed vegetables are a staple in my diet.

And 1.50 hot dogs with free drink refills

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Everyone is talking about rebates. Is this the Costco Citi card or the executive membership rebate?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

actionjackson posted:

They're excellent for eggs, fish and frozen vegetables even if you're single. They're also great for laundry detergent, paper products and lots of rice and grains. They also sell giant bags of greens and tons of baked goods, depending on your greens and baguette consumption.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

belt posted:

And 1.50 hot dogs with free drink refills

I hate to correct another’s knowledge of the scriptures but it is dog and free refill!!!!!

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I hate to correct another’s knowledge of the scriptures but it is dog and free refill!!!!!

Forgive me brother I’ve been lax in my studies.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
It is fine, fellow disciple. For all are blessed under the gentle gaze of Costco!

PRAISE BE!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Hypnolobster posted:

Everyone is talking about rebates. Is this the Costco Citi card or the executive membership rebate?

The Citi one.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

belt posted:

Have you guys tried the Kirkland seasoned slice roast beef. I’ve always steered away from it because it’s $7/lb and other stuff is cheaper but this is one of the best damned sandwiches I’ve ever made.

We prefer the Columbus brand, but the Kirkland stuff is real good too.

I used to buy those giant Oscar Meyer 3packs of ham or turkey and wonder why I never wanted to finish them. Now I know it's because they were gross pressed reconstituted meat product

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
My Citi rebate was like $760.

PBUC.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

PBUC.

I got 260 from the card. Bought some stuff for the house, some pants, and a bottle whiskey. Walked out with 30 bucks in my pocket. Costco is love.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

PBUC.

You spent $70k on your card? :wtc:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

PBUC.

We are not worthy!!!! Truly the most blessed among us.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there Kirkland brand toilet paper and if so, what is it like?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Teikanmi posted:

Is there Kirkland brand toilet paper and if so, what is it like?

Yes and it’s quite decent. Not the very softest out there but more than adequate and very hard to beat for the price. They had a Kirkland premium option a while back that owned but I haven’t seen it in ages.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

FCKGW posted:

You spent $70k on your card? :wtc:

No dogg, it's 4% on gas, 3% on all travel and food, 2% on everything at Costco.

My wife and I do almost all of our spending on the Costco card, but it wasn't $70,000!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

LGD posted:

Yes and it’s quite decent. Not the very softest out there but more than adequate and very hard to beat for the price. They had a Kirkland premium option a while back that owned but I haven’t seen it in ages.

Sounds like heaven compared to the wood pulp TP here in Asia, poo poo might as well be hemmoroid paper for all it’s worth. I can’t wait to move back to the US and buy 50 rolls and plush TP and then eat a dog and drink + FREE refill

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Like if I break it down by category probably $4,000 on gas, $5,000 on travel, $7,000 on restaurants, $10,000 at the 'Co.

The card has really, really good cash back rewards.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

No dogg, it's 4% on gas, 3% on all travel and food, 2% on everything at Costco.

My wife and I do almost all of our spending on the Costco card, but it wasn't $70,000!

You shouldn't be doing all of your spending on the Costco card. That's flushing a decent chunk of money down the toilet.

Get a 2% generic cash back and use that for everything that the Costco card doesn't cover (you're only getting 1% on the other purchases).

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Eat faster knows. He's a bfc regular and they're both doctors if I remember correctly.

He may not be min/maxing but he's enjoying some rewards.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

Eat faster knows. He's a bfc regular and they're both doctors if I remember correctly.

He may not be min/maxing but he's enjoying some rewards.

I do ok for myself too bud.

If he knows then why is he leaving half his generic cash back on the floor. I'm not making some kind of judgment on his character, I'm just saying that it's straight up bad fiscal policy to put all of your spend on the Costco visa.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I just realized that if I shifted all of my spending (mostly Amex today) to the Costco Visa last year, I would have received a five figure refund.

Why the gently caress do I have an Amex any more is what I’m wondering.

Yes the generic cash back isn’t good but the other categories with more refund would get me there.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dude I got like $600 back and I'm like how the hell did I spend so much money Jesus Christ I need to reevaluate my life. Five figures????

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

Yes the generic cash back isn’t good but the other categories with more refund would get me there.

Yeah. It's a really good card. Just use a different 2% card for generic CB purchases and you're golden :cheers: Using the Costco visa for everything is bad.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Taima posted:

I do ok for myself too bud.

If he knows then why is he leaving half his generic cash back on the floor. I'm not making some kind of judgment on his character, I'm just saying that it's straight up bad fiscal policy to put all of your spend on the Costco visa.

lol yeah no poo poo, which is why I told you exactly the categories I min/maxed to get to $760 in rewards dollars, can you read?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Aww don't get mad dude it's late, if I could I would pour you a dram on this fine evening.

You specifically said you do almost all of your spending on the Costco Visa so I took that at face value. Don't worry, your BFC cred is fully intact.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

My wife and I do almost all of our spending on the Costco card

jamoncorona
Apr 9, 2014

FCKGW posted:

Read this article titled "The shocking truth behind Costco's $5 rotisserie chicken"

"The tender meat often contains several ingredients including sugar and salt -- even going so far to compare it a potato chip. In addition, the skin is flavored with MSG, sugar and other natural flavors. This combination helps explain why we can't have enough of the chicken. "

Holy hell, they season the chicken!

I stopped reading at Dr. Oz.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Wtf is BFC? And why the hell are we arguing about it instead of bragging about dope poo poo from the co?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Snowmankilla posted:

Wtf is BFC? And why the hell are we arguing about it instead of bragging about dope poo poo from the co?

Corporate nerds min maxing credit cards in one of the spergier sections of these Awful forums.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Pro tip: Cash your Costco rewards at returns and deposit it in your bank account. Put your groceries on your card. Get cash back on your cash back, yo.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Will they tell me my rewards are ready or do I have to go get em
Also are they based on your sign up date or time of year?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

RJWaters2 posted:

Will they tell me my rewards are ready or do I have to go get em
Also are they based on your sign up date or time of year?

Your Citi card rewards will be emailed to you after your February statement closes. Your executive member rewards will be mailed to you the month your membership renews.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Ah! You're right, I have an email saying my $42 is on the way. Thanks.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Like if I break it down by category probably $4,000 on gas, $5,000 on travel, $7,000 on restaurants, $10,000 at the 'Co.

The card has really, really good cash back rewards.

Can you buy bulk propofol at the 'Co?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I hope all you guys using these cards for cash back are actually paying off the balance each month otherwise your losing way more money to interest than you are getting back.