Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Not gonna lie, I liked that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Koth posted:

Not gonna lie, I liked that.

It's just annoying that it's everywhere, all the time. There are almost no foils to the constant zaniness.

D1 gave us Eris Morn, who was a super mopey trauma victim who watched her raid team get brutally murdered when they didn't get the encounter mechanics right. When you finally kicked crota or oryx in the rear end, she felt like her dead friends had been avenged.

In D2, I did an adventure where I killed a bunch of space refugees that were trying to eke out a meager existence in the trash on earth, and my ghost said Let's Get Pie

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

AAB posted:

u must be one of the writers

god drat

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
CoO would have actually been a good expansion if they permanently replaced ghost with sagira.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If the next planet isn’t the size of a telephone booth, then I’m out. Please keep up with canon.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
destiny 2: get your rear end to mars

in which you discover that everything leading up to this point in the entire destiny universe was a fever dream of implanted memories and you're actually douglas quaid, secret agent

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I really miss Eris Morn. She was my favourite NPC.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

orcane posted:

This is ridiculous, not being able to talk is not a "hugbox in a sea of vile", it's just dumb in a multiplayer game. I don't mind letting you turn off your chat or specific channels like basically every multiplayer game out there, but being unable to communicate with random players at all unless everyone involved specifically turns on the right options (once they finally exist?!?) means the only way to get anything done smoothly is by running with people you know while you're on some third party communications platform. Which is great for poopsockers, primetime goons and people who only play with friends in the first place, and not very helpful for everyone else.

Well, yes? It wasn’t a problem in the first game, which didn’t have Heroic Public Events or much else in the way of sandbox mechanics that allowed another player to ruin your objective. Communicating encounter mechanics wasn’t necessary because 99% of all sandbox mechanics were shoot the poo poo aside from some resource gathering.

nickhimself posted:

Literally all I want chat for in this game is to find groups for content
Bungie boards for Nightfall/Raid LFMs, and r/destinysherpa for learning to raid never failed for me. Both reach more people (given that you can’t “see” more than a selection of players in a social zone) and are more lasting than writing an LFG message in tower chat.

I realize “go to [message board that isn’t SA]” goes against the goon meme that this is the last good place on the internet, but you really don’t run out of people to do content with there. Except I do notice the console releases have more active raid players.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
It's not that I can't find groups through outside resources. Discord has worked pretty well for piecing together a nightfall group or finding a raid. It's the fact that I can't do that easily inside of the game, and that I have to rely on third party tools in 2018 in order to find a group in an ONLY online multiplayer game

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I liked that one line Ghost had when everyone's bitching about what a retard Kade is and he's like "Uh, well, his ghost loves him :shrug: "

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

nickhimself posted:

It's not that I can't find groups through outside resources. Discord has worked pretty well for piecing together a nightfall group or finding a raid. It's the fact that I can't do that easily inside of the game, and that I have to rely on third party tools in 2018 in order to find a group in an ONLY online multiplayer game

Yeah it's like some Nintendo rear end friend code bullshit

Orv
May 4, 2011
Who among us, does not love infrastructure?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
You'd think that they would just get voice, chat, and matchmaking from Battle.Net since the game is already integrated into it for friends and account services.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

QuantaStarFire posted:

You'd think that they would just get voice, chat, and matchmaking from Battle.Net since the game is already integrated into it for friends and account services.

somehow i don't think that made it into the contract with blizzard

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I like the voice acting, and some of the lines during strikes make me laugh. Nathan Fillian is the only reason I like Cayde, since he loves ripping me off so hard every time I buy his maps that I just stopped bothering with them. Even if the writing is bad sometimes, the voice actors are all very talented. They lined up pro's this time.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Ghost is legit the worst

Most of the other characters have lines that make me smile but ghost is just... there. Not only is his boring but his characterisation is glaringly inconsistent. Sometimes he needs to be the straight man and other time he's the bad joke guy.

I understand him being boring because it's like an MMO thing where you need the advisor to be as bland as possible, but having him change from scene to scene...

Failsafe is good because she rips relentlessly on ghost, like more characters should because ghost is horrible.

I think a lot of the characters work better in specific pairs, but those pairs are always like straight guy and whacky jokester.

It's like mass effect where the squad members were all on a paragon/renegade totem pole and if you had the right combination you'd get characters acting wildly out of character simply because they were more renegade on the totem pole than the other one.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I've seen it mentioned a few times in this thread but everyone start playing warframe right now. Holy poo poo it is an amazing game.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Field Mousepad posted:

I've seen it mentioned a few times in this thread but everyone start playing warframe right now. Holy poo poo it is an amazing game.

It's a repetitive game with free to play garbage. No thanks, I'll just keep grinding public... ahahaha.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Field Mousepad posted:

No.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Field Mousepad posted:

Destiny 2 is still better than Warframe

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

limaCAT posted:

Destiny 2 is still better than Warframe

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
At least the actual shooting is fun in Destiny 2, right from the beginning until after you've done everything in the game ten times. At no point in Warframe did I enjoy the actual gameplay.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
I tried Warframe and thought it was awesome until like 10-15 hours in and it turned from playing the game to just sprinting through the whole level skipping everything, pressing a couple buttons to dunk on a mob, then hop skip jumping to the exit, rinse repeat. Oh and the levels where you stand in one spot and hold M1 at a hallway and sometimes press other buttons if you feel like it. The aesthetic and stuff was great I just felt like I was missing something, like it was doing runs in Diablo except without the drops or fighting the mobs and the boss had no HP.

There been any news lately about when-ish the go fast update is comin around? I haven't played in forever but that popped up on my google feed a week or two ago and it sounds dope and like a reason to come back

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 24, 2018

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Field Mousepad posted:

I bought a Switch and I'm going to play some games on that. :)

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

imagine hearing that and then jumping off the platform into the methane ocean and dying, only to be resurrected by the same ghost moments later. the guardians aren't a metaphor for angels, they're people stuck in limbo or hell

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

the good fax machine posted:

I bought a Switch and I'm going to play some games on that. :)

I've been playing all 3 Dark Souls and now that I'm almost done with Dark Souls 3 I'm probably going to play Stellaris soon, because it was on sale and looks really fun.

ITT: What are you playing instead of Destiny 2?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I've been playing all 3 Dark Souls and now that I'm almost done with Dark Souls 3 I'm probably going to play Stellaris soon, because it was on sale and looks really fun.

Vermintide 2. Our discord is gonna be incredibly ready for it too.

I’m excited for the real launch on 3/8.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

Abandon Ship just came out and it's like a radder version of FTL in the Age of Sail with Lovecraftian mythology. Into the Breach comes out in 3 days and it's a tactical turn based mech game made by the FTL devs that will give me my mech fix until Battletech drops in April supposedly.

Other than that, PUBG with bros and Killing Floor 2 occasionally.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Warframe, Kentucky Route Zero, A Hat in Time, Oneshot, Overwatch.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

FFXIV is my staple though I have been reducing my daily playtime lately so I don't burn out and have more time to binge on MHW instead. Slay the Spire is also good.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Trying to wrap up Pillars of Eternity before the sequel drops, mixed with Celeste and Heroes of the Storm. On March 6th, I will be embracing my inner weeaboo and getting FF15.

Maybe someday I'll bother raiding to get the ghost shell.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

teh_Broseph posted:

I tried Warframe and thought it was awesome until like 10-15 hours in and it turned from playing the game to just sprinting through the whole level skipping everything, pressing a couple buttons to dunk on a mob, then hop skip jumping to the exit, rinse repeat. Oh and the levels where you stand in one spot and hold M1 at a hallway and sometimes press other buttons if you feel like it. The aesthetic and stuff was great I just felt like I was missing something, like it was doing runs in Diablo except without the drops or fighting the mobs and the boss had no HP.
Yeah pretty much. There are aspects of it that are great - combat in the Plans of Eidolin is genuinely great and much preferable to shooting stuff in the usual rat mazes - but none of it adds up. I occasionally try to get back into it but it just doesn't grab me.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Re: D2 characters and voice acting: Asher is a great character, the one place where I didn't mind the game getting wacky. He represents the "mad scientist" aspect of Warlocks way better than Osiris.

Everything else needs to be dialed back like 5 notches. Taken King had the right tone and they should have kept it there instead of "Uh, Cayde's dumb."

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Asher may be a good character, but he's so annoying that I avoided Io as much as possible. NPCs have so few voice lines, and when they're as pissy and grating as Asher's, hearing them over and over and over again when you're clearing events gets old, fast.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I got 4 Wardcliff Coils today

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

What the gently caress even was Osiris' curse?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Argas posted:

His hubris?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Argas posted:

making destiny 2 bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Having to actually do the infinite forest infinitely

• Locked thread