Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Lol I made up the gene case because I needed to remove people I couldn’t night kill.

I thought you never needed to make up a case in this game, even as scum! :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought you never needed to make up a case in this game, even as scum! :angel:

I may have told one or two tiny fibs.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bifauxnen posted:

I am now dead from a heart attack from all that salt, goddamn, did he really think the only reason I wanted to dunk him at all was cause of the late-reported watch flavor and he couldn't have possibly been an option otherwise or something? ugh

No, but I most certainly did think that you cased mithross and then decided “let’s lynch someone else instead” to play into your hypothetical and incorrect theory about Mithross being scum

Instead of just lynching the person you thought was scum, unconnected

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Like, you had a whole thing about how suspicious mithross was

And then suddenly a dubious hypothetical pops up exhibiting a scenario where I might be scum, dependent on Mithross’ alignment, and you jump straight past Mithross

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

gratz 2 AA for opening his third eye in this game

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

gratz 2 AA for opening his third eye in this game

My chakras aligned with the stars

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lol to think gaspy could have died n1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i cant believe i killed myself by visiting gene. smh

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Lol to think gaspy could have died n1

Thank you

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

:cheers:

That Rufus avatar is 👌

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i enjoyed myself

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

My chakras aligned with the stars

Yeah that was a scarily impressive doc performance, really well done

protecting Bif by default working because Gaspy desperately wanted her gone was pretty drat funny

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

:cheers:

That Rufus avatar is 👌

I loved finding out the Rufus at one point canonically has a covered eye, I like my avatars to reflect my irl situation.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh and also really well played by TQ

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asphyxious posted:

I loved finding out the Rufus at one point canonically has a covered eye, I like my avatars to reflect my irl situation.

Guess I’ll need a Fujin one for FF8

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Guess I’ll need a Fujin one for FF8

I always liked Fuujin, I should get one so I look more Diamond Dog-y ;)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

Like, you had a whole thing about how suspicious mithross was

And then suddenly a dubious hypothetical pops up exhibiting a scenario where I might be scum, dependent on Mithross’ alignment, and you jump straight past Mithross

well, even though I was suss on you since you first claimed and again when you claimed to mime Nat, and my suspicion on Mithross was always being deferred all along whenever possible thanks to his watcher claim, I guess it just doesn't look as obvious in your position especially when you weren't in masondoc. :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw KB, what were you gonna do if Moat had counterclaimed you though? :v:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
good game everyone, thanks for modding cpig

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I am both concerned and disappointed that Nat20's casing me based on me only casing him when he was asleep was actually legit and not just a scum play. That's really lovely dude, don't do that again.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Bifauxnen posted:

poo poo his pants

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Podima posted:

I am both concerned and disappointed that Nat20's casing me based on me only casing him when he was asleep was actually legit and not just a scum play. That's really lovely dude, don't do that again.

Wait, it was?

I mean, I was in the scum doc, and I’m pretty sure it was Nat 20 playing at being disgustingly over-paranoid in lieu of faking a bunch of reads

Bifauxnen posted:

well, even though I was suss on you since you first claimed and again when you claimed to mime Nat, and my suspicion on Mithross was always being deferred all along whenever possible thanks to his watcher claim, I guess it just doesn't look as obvious in your position especially when you weren't in masondoc. :v:

I still think it was poor logic but, whatever, game’s over and we both had fun :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Ah okay and then Pod finally comes back to me after ignoring me and making sure I'm asleep
since he knows I'm not responding at 1:40am my time
Pod #1 other scum team atm

:colbert:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

:cheerdoge:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

Wait, it was?

I mean, I was in the scum doc, and I’m pretty sure it was Nat 20 playing at being disgustingly over-paranoid in lieu of faking a bunch of reads

yeah that's what it looked like when I read through

scumdoc posted:

Given my scumtell is literally playing normally at this point
I'm honestly so tired of being scum that I just roleplay characters at this point and see if I can make them fly

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

what the hell, when you were getting lunched you didn't claim cop either?!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

No earthly idea, but since he didn't, I thought for sure he was scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

No earthly idea, but

:lol: this game was amazing

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Keep in mind I thought I was out of options from N1. I got that cryptic message that made me think I was tracked, so I assumed I probably had to claim the kill early and get ahead of it. I was waffling on whether I'd do it or not when the double kill flavor was pointed out and was like, ok, might as well.

I figured worst case scenario, I'd survive multiple cuddles anyhow.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I have thoughts on this game.

I haven't really slept for a while.

Sleep now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry for being useless, but at least it didn't completely tank the game. Multiple scumteam is rough. Here is a short erotic yet tasteful fanfic about a house and a tank to make up for it.

quote:

It was night in Midgar, although you couldn’t tell from the constant shine of electric lamps, creating a haze through the steam. Cloud, Aeris, and Barret were rushing through the city streets, their purpose true. They had to save the slums before they was destroyed. Shinra had finally gone too far, they’d poisoned the people and stolen the life from the planet, and they had to pay. An endless stream of Shinra soldiers seemed to come forward to stop them. Poor boys who they knew only took the job to try to give their families in the slums a better life, but they cut them down all the same.

As they moved through houses that lined these narrow industrial streets, it seemed the walls were collapsing in on them, the very homes they were passing heaved with malice. They heard a terrible creak behind them as a house did the impossible, and came off its foundation, chasing them, crashing into other homes leaving splinters of wood and bits of twisted metal in its wake, yet they had no time to stop. Desperate to reach the reactor and perhaps stop this madness, they ran from the monstrosity chasing them. The soldiers before them scattered as they saw a 2-story home rushing forward to crush them all.

Yet as they turned a corner they found an opponent who did not run. A massive monster in its own right. The heavy tank with treads, yet the body of a triceratops blocked their path. As the house rounded the corner, they steady themselves. They were trapped.

“This ain’t good!” Barret shouted, revving up his gun arm. Cloud took out his sword and stood back to back with Barret as they tried to decide which abomination was the bigger threat. Aeris said a quiet prayer to herself and waited for the inevitable crash of violence to come.

But instead nothing happened. The house and tank had stopped moving. The three heroes looked at their opponents, but rather than focusing on them, they were staring at each other, or at least what they thought a house and a dinosaur tank might look like if they were staring. There was a moment’s pause, where the chaos of the scene disappeared, and none were sure what to do. Then the house opened its front door and a horrific sound that seemed to come from wood scraping together escaped the doorway. It was a cacophony of noise, yet somehow could be entirely understood.

“Tim?! Is that really you!” the house exclaimed. The three wondered who Tim could be when the noticed the tank treads push slightly forward, its mechanical eyes squinting.

“Alan….” It said in a robotic voice, seemingly unsure. Then in a moment its treads pushed forward at full speed. “Alan!” it shrieked into the air, releasing a great cloud of steam. Cloud and Barret jumped to one side, grabbing Aeris as they passed, before the tank crushed them in its haste to reach the house.

As they got to their feet and turned to survey the scene, it was a sight to behold. The tank was running its treads over the exterior of the house, shaking the wooden slats that made up the walls, the shingles rattling against each other. The house took its strange arms and grabbed the horns of the dinosaur, rubbing them vigorously, causing another puff of steam to come shooting out of the tank.

“Ha! They’re fighting each other!” Barret yelled joyfully, giving Cloud a punch in the arm.

“Umm…I don’t think…” Cloud started, when the house gave out an unmistakable moan of pleasure, the stilts it was standing on from the foundation shaking. Cloud and Barret looked away.

Aeris clasped her hands together, “Aww isn’t that sweet?” watching the couple with a smile. Cloud grabbed her arm.

“C’mon, we better go. Let’s…leave them to it.” And the three started to run away, recalling their original mission to save this cursed city and leaving the lovers behind. They agreed to never speak of this again, but it did not matter because they had spent so long watching a house and a tank shaped like a dinosaur make sweet love that they were too late to stop Shinra, and were crushed to death by the plate falling on them and they all died.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

You needed to go into much more detail about the curvature and thickness of the tank's gun, and the moist, humid interior of the house, only enhanced by dripping water coming from burst pipes in the "basement"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Sorry for being useless, but at least it didn't completely tank the game. Multiple scumteam is rough. Here is a short erotic yet tasteful fanfic about a house and a tank to make up for it.

I was going to pay homage to Minifauxnen's favorite book of the moment, "If You Give A Moose A Muffin"

quote:

If You Give A Yuffie A Materia
by Bifauxnen

If you give a Yuffie a materia...
She'll want a support materia to link to it.
So you'll give her a nice mastered All materia.
Once she's equipped that materia, she'll want another.
And another.
And another.
Once she's fully equipped, she'll ask you to get her a better weapon with more slots.
You'll have to go sidequesting.
Once you go exploring for sidequests, she'll ask if you can stop by Wutai.
When you get to Wutai and she sees how unguarded your materia stash is, she'll "borrow" it all.
She'll run away.
You'll have to chase her all over the mountains.
Seeing the village will remind her of how she wants Wutai to fight the Shinra.
She'll get into a big argument with her dad.
Once that's done she'll go hide in a pot, but the shaking will stand out.
So you'll corner her to ask for your materia back.
She'll ask you to pull a lever to get it.
Pulling the lever will drop down a cage.

That was as far as I got before I saw the suggestions about Doom House/palette swapped Doom House and Doom House/Triceratops Tank, and then I could only retreat in great shame at my inadequacy.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This was a game I was in

didn't really enjoy it too much except for the LP whicb was great

Bifauxnen posted:

I was going to pay homage to Minifauxnen's favorite book of the moment, "If You Give A Moose A Muffin"

That was as far as I got before I saw the suggestions about Doom House/palette swapped Doom House and Doom House/Triceratops Tank, and then I could only retreat in great shame at my inadequacy.

I like this, but only because I know the book from the robot chicken sketch

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Watching AA continue to make correct doc choices night after night was amazing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

You needed to go into much more detail about the curvature and thickness of the tank's gun, and the moist, humid interior of the house, only enhanced by dripping water coming from burst pipes in the "basement"

I keep it classy.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Podima posted:

What? I'd do it myself if I thought it gave an advantage. At the time I wasn't even upset that you were. I mean even in this game I tried to time my posting to times when I knew people favourable to me were more likely to be about.

Someone then pointed out that I was being completely insane at which point I decided I'd lean into it really really hard to get away with killing you.

Anyway, enjoyed the game so thanks CPig, although the last few days were really not that fun to play. GX and I chatting away was good enough to deal with my scum exhaustion but being alone suuucked.

Balance thoughts are that this game was going to be unbelievably difficult for any scum team to win. Since we didn't know what materia did ahead of time or the minigames associated with them we stood no better chance of getting the materia than town. Given there are more town than scum it meant logically every kill we performed made the remaining town even stronger. Also since we had no idea what the materia did we had no real way of playing around them. I've still no idea what happened to the Cure materia and I broadly lost the game because I chose to kill on a night where Asiina got Time locked. But I had no idea that Time lock was even in play.

More than that, I feel like we needed more protection than we had. I did a quick calculation and I believe town could have killed both scum teams inside a Day: 1 Dayvig, 1 Nightvig, 1 lynch, Shinra Kill, Turk Kill, Sephiroth Kill. All scum die D1, the fact that we got incredibly close to seeing all of Shinra die on the first night is evidence of this.

Were I to tweak things in retrospect, I probably would have given both scum teams a stack of BP shared across the team and given them both a role/materiacop. Also no expanding masonry because the thing is absolutely busted and there's literally nothing we could have done without magically knowing it existed in the first place.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Asphyxious posted:

Also hey Nat20 why’d you kill me??

Last thing GX and I discussed. We figured that the other team probably had a godfather and so it would be smartest to go after the people who had been YPM confirmed.

I wanted to kick myself in retrospect because it basically made the game impossible for me to win.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Natural 20 posted:

I did a quick calculation and I believe town could have killed both scum teams inside a Day: 1 Dayvig, 1 Nightvig, 1 lynch, Shinra Kill, Turk Kill, Sephiroth Kill. All scum die D1

Still pretty unlikely.

That being said scum were at a disadvantage this game. If i had kept the game the original roles and size i went with there would have been like 36 players or so so i cut a LOT out, there would've been two more scum (one pr for each team) plus another 3p and some more vt. So then i tried to scramble roles and i ended up second guessing things.

Then i totally forgot about the cruise and had to be disconnected from the game for a week which was hard because it created a couple flavor inconsistencies.

All in all i feel like i should've spent another couple weeks on it and opened it after the vacation. But oh well hindsight etc.

Overall i was relatively pleased with the outcome, though it could have been better.

Stay tuned for an upcoming flavor heavy cpig creation about wizards opening in the next few days then i start work on the next final fantasy game.... Final Fantasy Tactics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

Still pretty unlikely.

That being said scum were at a disadvantage this game. If i had kept the game the original roles and size i went with there would have been like 36 players or so so i cut a LOT out, there would've been two more scum (one pr for each team) plus another 3p and some more vt. So then i tried to scramble roles and i ended up second guessing things.

Then i totally forgot about the cruise and had to be disconnected from the game for a week which was hard because it created a couple flavor inconsistencies.

All in all i feel like i should've spent another couple weeks on it and opened it after the vacation. But oh well hindsight etc.

Overall i was relatively pleased with the outcome, though it could have been better.

Stay tuned for an upcoming flavor heavy cpig creation about wizards opening in the next few days then i start work on the next final fantasy game.... Final Fantasy Tactics!

If I'm on break or something when Tactics comes out, please PM me lol

• Locked thread