Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lando131 posted:

Third vote is always scum! :eng101:
##vote Tolly Totes

Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world. The disarray. I Choose to see the beauty.

##vote Landl131

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

Lumpen posted:

##Vote Tolly Totes

Lumpen posted:

and that vote is an unsupported third-vote on a D1 bandwagon

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Hey Tolly Totes, you're around, that's nice. Now I'm just a real simple guy, so maybe I'm not too good at reading into things and don't want to jump to any wrong conclusions, but were you trying to convey something with those empty-quotes? I sure would like to hear all you've got to say. Since you are right here, ready to post but not posting until you just did.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i love how everyone tries to justify their personal d1 criteria for nailing scum as mafia gospel lol

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

[quote="Tolly Totes" post="481594408"]
Hello everybody! Good morning!

##vote Tolly
[/quote

Tobbs this is a malformed (OMGUS) vote. You've posted since but didn't correct it. What am I supposed to make of that? I don't pretend to know, so how about telling me?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Lumpen posted:

Tobbs this is a malformed (OMGUS) vote. You've posted since but didn't correct it. What am I supposed to make of that? I don't pretend to know, so how about telling me?
Bleh never mind I'm dumb your vote counted and went on the votefinder, disregard what I just said.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

Lumpen posted:

Hey Tolly Totes, you're around, that's nice. Now I'm just a real simple guy, so maybe I'm not too good at reading into things and don't want to jump to any wrong conclusions, but were you trying to convey something with those empty-quotes? I sure would like to hear all you've got to say. Since you are right here, ready to post but not posting until you just did.

Hi Lumpen!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

i love how everyone tries to justify their personal d1 criteria for nailing scum as mafia gospel lol

##vote b-minus1

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

The broken quote scum vote. It makes an appearance

##vote Lumpen

Not even your lists can save you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Ain't this the truth bee man

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##vote Lumpen

Can you explain what you mean by the first sentence? I don't follow.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
my headache has faded false alarm everyone you're stuck with me here posting words without proper punctuation wow look how long i can make this sentence last loving this right now

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

Lumpen posted:

I'm not an expert or anything, but I haven't yet noticed any posts that strike me as particularly suspicious in their wording or implications.

If I may, I would like to point out that Tolly Totes has made just this post in D1...

and that vote is an unsupported third-vote on a D1 bandwagon. In my experience that's one of the signs of a Scum, so ##Vote Tolly Totes. What do you guys think?

Tolly Totes if I'm wrong then you can satisfy my suspicious mind with more posting. I will try my best to read you fair.

And another third vote so early in day 1! The only thing I can conclude here is that both Tolly and Lumpen are scum, and thus scum together. :smugbert:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

##vote Lumpen

Ah, I didn't realize you had votes tolly previously anda just dumb. carry on.
##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

Tolly and I were just scum together so I see all this as tongue-in-cheek jokephasy stuff.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
[quote="Anomalous Amalgam" post="481605060"]

##vote Lumpen

[/quote

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Ah, I didn't realize you had votes tolly previously anda just dumb. carry on.
##unvote
So does your reasoning apply to Tobbs? I still don't understand what you were saying/acting on/voting about, I just want to grasp your train of thought. If you don't mind.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

So does your reasoning apply to Tobbs? I still don't understand what you were saying/acting on/voting about, I just want to grasp your train of thought. If you don't mind.

Tobbs is a d1 joke vote because in was just scum with him. Look at all these grognard scum trying to spoil joke phase.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Tobbs is a d1 joke vote because in was just scum with him. Look at all these grognard scum trying to spoil joke phase.
What do you think has been the most genuinely humorous jokephase post so far?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If joke phase is over I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps for their super serious votes during what is obviously the start of the game on a weekend.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

If joke phase is over I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps for their super serious votes during what is obviously the start of the game on a weekend.
You caught my attention by saying you "really do" want to, so please do a deep dive and share your conclusions on this. I'm very curious about where you'll take this and how you'll say it.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Confirming

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

You caught my attention by saying you "really do" want to, so please do a deep dive and share your conclusions on this. I'm very curious about where you'll take this and how you'll say it.

You've caught my attention with requesting a "deep" dive. Perhaps I'll give you a read of your strange behavior and artificial analysis, and you'll have a response. I wonder how you'll gauge my response, and the exact wording of your reply.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

What do you think has been the most genuinely humorous jokephase post so far?

Hello Lumpen, greatest mafia player

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

I think this is a scum post. It reads to me like he doesn't know whether to be

(a) serious ("I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps...") or
(b) laid-back ("...for their super serious votes during [jokephase]")

It's like he's trying to sound town, but I can't imagine that he actually thinks he's going to deduce dgk/lumpen's alignment at this point in the game.

##vote AA

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Murmur Twin posted:

It's like he's trying to sound town, but I can't imagine that he actually thinks he's going to deduce dgk/lumpen's alignment at this point in the game.

##vote AA

He seems serious both times

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote Lumpen

---

Ah, I didn't realize you had voted tolly previously and are just dumb. carry on.
##unvote

(fixed grammar on second quote)

This also seems like a weird mixture of joking around (the vote) and being serious (the unvote) that makes me feel like AA is lying instead of just speaking off-the-cuff.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

(fixed grammar on second quote)

This also seems like a weird mixture of joking around (the vote) and being serious (the unvote) that makes me feel like AA is lying instead of just speaking off-the-cuff.

How is it lying? What Have I omitted or been dishonest about? Seems to me that you're intentionally fabricating something that didn't happen.

##vote mmt

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote AA

I agree. This AA post pings me the most:

it's like a pseudo OMGUS without following through with a vote. lumpen's questions seem reasonable to me (a little aggressive, maybe thats just his style), and imo AA is responding poorly. I'm looking forward to his take on dgk and lumpen after he "takes a look" at them.
##vote AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

I agree. This AA post pings me the most:

it's like a pseudo OMGUS without following through with a vote. lumpen's questions seem reasonable to me (a little aggressive, maybe thats just his style), and imo AA is responding poorly. I'm looking forward to his take on dgk and lumpen after he "takes a look" at them.
##vote AA

I did vote Lumpen though, and then unvoted when I realized he wasn't making a scummy quote vote.

The follow up callout was only in response to some weirdly framed pressure that put scare quotes and italics on a single word from my post.

This push feels inauthentic, and poorly substantiated.

MMT claims I lied about something. My vote o. Her is not an omgus, but in direct response to her actually lying and claiming things that did not happen.

I mean, I'll be waiting on clarification on how I lied about anything.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote AA

Wow I must be some kind of town superstar. Your scum team is MMT, Lumpen and Tolly. Wrap it up everyone!
##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote AA

Lol doesn't this apply to me to? Or any other player on d1?

This is flawed logic.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Though actually three scum on three third votes? Things are getting a little spicy and real in here aren't they? :freep:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Dgk and Lumpen are weirdos, but mmt looks like scum crawling out of the woodwork for an easy, opportunistic d1 push.

Like I said, she calls me out about lying for something, but what lies have I told?

She makes a point to call out my suspicion of Lumpen and dgk for trying to determine their alignment when all I say is I really want to look at them, but then in turn has a solid read on me for some reason and doesn't see the contradiction she's already made in her obviously fake posting.

I mean. Im ready to call it on mmt. She's scum. Out of the votes on me, hers is clearly the worst.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

To be honest AA's vote on MMT reads as a light OMGUS to me too, but not enough to drop a fifth vote on him before a lot of players have even come in with a jokevote when it could be an attempt by scum to push a quick mislynch on the first person that draws any amount of heat.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's the code you added, sir. The reveries. It has some, uh...

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dgk and Lumpen are weirdos, but mmt looks like scum crawling out of the woodwork for an easy, opportunistic d1 push.

Like I said, she calls me out about lying for something, but what lies have I told?

She makes a point to call out my suspicion of Lumpen and dgk for trying to determine their alignment when all I say is I really want to look at them, but then in turn has a solid read on me for some reason and doesn't see the contradiction she's already made in her obviously fake posting.

I mean. Im ready to call it on mmt. She's scum. Out of the votes on me, hers is clearly the worst.

"Lying" was probably the wrong word, my apologies. I'll re-phrase the case:

- I don't believe that the "I want to look at them for their seriousposts" is a real opinion that town would have.
- your vote on Lumpen didn't sound like an actual vote, so the fact that felt the need to unvote and justify it feels like scummy self-consciousness.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

This sounds fake, hon. ##vote AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

This sounds fake, hon. ##vote AA

Again how is it fake? Mmt has called me.out for lying and now has to back away from that and I'm the one who has faked something?

This is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't believe that the "I want to look at them for their seriousposts" is a real opinion that town would have.

That said - AA, what're your opinions on Lumpen and dgk based on their posts thus far?

• Locked thread