Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Am I truly in opposite land?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
Hey Twin! Tell me about lists

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

That said - AA, what're your opinions on Lumpen and dgk based on their posts thus far?

Their posts looked exactly like what I've already said about them. Serious at a point in which there is nothing happening. My vote on tobbs is explained as a dig as you, him, tolly and I were just scum together.

So dgk is just wrong about it. I don't think much else about their posts other than them being wrong.

Lumpen is Lumpen and weird. The serious or sarcastic serious look w.e. Lumpen MO is, reads as passively confrontational for no real reason other than instinct and response triggering.

You look fake as pointed out.

Merk comes in with a hot take.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tolly Totes posted:

Hmm to be honest I kind of feel like Lumpen is the person you'd want to be asking about lists! I tend to go more for rambly paragraphs :words:

What're your opinions of me and AA thus far?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

My vote on tobbs is explained as a dig as you, him, tolly and I were just scum together.

Go team! :j:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Dgk and Lumpen are weirdos, but mmt looks like scum crawling out of the woodwork for an easy, opportunistic d1 push.

Like I said, she calls me out about lying for something, but what lies have I told?

She makes a point to call out my suspicion of Lumpen and dgk for trying to determine their alignment when all I say is I really want to look at them, but then in turn has a solid read on me for some reason and doesn't see the contradiction she's already made in her obviously fake posting.

I mean. Im ready to call it on mmt. She's scum. Out of the votes on me, hers is clearly the worst.

1. I dislike jokephase, but it has merit.
2. Some old mafia player did some statistics a long time ago about how often scum voted and on whom in jokephase. There was a trend. You fall in line with the trend.
3. Go back and read some of my old games, even if it's just my posts. THEN make your "deep dive" on my like, 5 posts?
4. You absolutely seem like flailing scum.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Their posts looked exactly like what I've already said about them. Serious at a point in which there is nothing happening. My vote on tobbs is explained as a dig as you, him, tolly and I were just scum together.

So dgk is just wrong about it. I don't think much else about their posts other than them being wrong.

Lumpen is Lumpen and weird. The serious or sarcastic serious look w.e. Lumpen MO is, reads as passively confrontational for no real reason other than instinct and response triggering.

You look fake as pointed out.

Merk comes in with a hot take.

How well do you know Lumpen? I made 2ish posts that were on you. So you're basically screaming "IM NOT SCUM HE'S WRONG!"

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

FYI I'm a male so you can call me he.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

You've avoided posting any content this game. You've said hi, and asked about lists. There is enough going on that you could have actual opinions. You don't.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

DGK2000 posted:

How well do you know Lumpen? I made 2ish posts that were on you. So you're basically screaming "IM NOT SCUM HE'S WRONG!"

Only I'm screaming nothing, your inferred tone assessment is incorrect. You're just wrong about why I voted Tobbs.

[Go team!]

And the deep dive remark was lumpens

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Anomalous Amalgam (5): DGK2000, Gridlocked, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, merk
Tobbs Gnawed (2): flerp, Anomalous Amalgam, Tolly Totes, Anomalous Amalgam
Tolly Totes (2): Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lumpen, Lando131
merk (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, HiipFire
Lumpen (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, sentimental snail
Quidthulhu (1): Dead Cow
HiipFire (1): Dancer
b-minus1 (1): King Burgundy
Murmur Twin (1): sentimental snail, sentimental snail, Anomalous Amalgam
King Burgundy (0): Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
sentimental snail (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Dancer (0): Dancer, Dancer
Lando131 (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (7): 50 pounds of bread, Atomic Soda, Hal Incandenza, Lando131, Mr. F!, Quidthulhu, Retro Futurist

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 27th, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 2 hours.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

DGK2000 posted:

1. I dislike jokephase, but it has merit.
2. Some old mafia player did some statistics a long time ago about how often scum voted and on whom in jokephase. There was a trend. You fall in line with the trend.
3. Go back and read some of my old games, even if it's just my posts. THEN make your "deep dive" on my like, 5 posts?
4. You absolutely seem like flailing scum.

What is this even?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
3 days to deadline lol my god.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I understand now why you dislike tone evaluation IN. I am sorry.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

KB*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
DGKs 4 points on me don't make sense, can someone please explain the second in psrticular.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

What is this even?

:science:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I read everything in Ben Steins voice, and if it seems like bullshit it probably is.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

DGK2000 posted:

I read everything in Ben Steins voice, and if it seems like bullshit it probably is.

This is nonsense man.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
most boring poster of the last page is scum

##vote DGK

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

3 days to deadline lol my god.

3 days in which I hope more content comes.

This is nonsense man.

You sound forced there, Mr Stein.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

DGK2000 posted:

You've avoided posting any content this game. You've said hi, and asked about lists. There is enough going on that you could have actual opinions. You don't.

I'd ask if this is a joke but you seem as serious as a heart attack. Why should someone in their second game have 'actual opinions' a day 1 that's been slow as hell? This coming right after MMT starts questioning them too, now that I think about it.

Oh, I know! Tolly, what do you think of the complete and irrevocable murder of jokephase by DGK2000 and MMT?
(You don't have to answer this. For people who don't understand these things this was a joke question. You can if you want though! :D)

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Lando131 posted:

I'd ask if this is a joke but you seem as serious as a heart attack. Why should someone in their second game have 'actual opinions' a day 1 that's been slow as hell? This coming right after MMT starts questioning them too, now that I think about it.

Mostly because I haven't finished my coffee yet and I forgot this was someones second game. I still think there should be a bit more, but newbie pass.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Again how is it fake?

Tone.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Tolly Totes posted:

Excuse me Tolly, but I just have to point out that you dodged my question about your empty-quote post before this one, and I know you were around at that time so I'm afraid I'm going to have to hold that against you. I'm going to keep my vote on you based on your lurky lack of response and engagement.

For what it's worth, I agree with the votes on Anomalous Amalgam, and would be willing to vote him today. His responses to my questions and light probing have seemed, to me, exaggerated and overly self-conscious. He seems likely to flip Scum, in my humble opinion.

MMT and DGK strike me as likely Town based on the recent posts, and Tobbs likely Town based on votecount action. I note that merk's vote is potentially distancing-style and don't give him any Town cred yet.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Lando131 posted:

Oh, I know! Tolly, what do you think of the complete and irrevocable murder of jokephase by DGK2000 and MMT?
(You don't have to answer this. For people who don't understand these things this was a joke question. You can if you want though! :D)

Going back I see it's Dancer, not tolly who claimed newbie at signup.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

So, unless you got this information elsewhere...

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Pardon me, but I would also like to say that my posting is being affected by a N0 action used on me, I feel it might be of interest to admit, if you guys don't mind.

I have been waiting on a Mod response on whether I am free to fully share details, so I apologize for being intentionally vague, but I felt for now that it might be best to at least put something on the record about it. Hopefully it's no trouble, I don't mean to interrupt.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

##vote Lando131

I think, perhaps, you hosed up.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

DGK2000 posted:

The aforementioned game (where Tolly was scum with me/tobbs/aa) was her first game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Lumpen posted:

I have been waiting on a Mod response on whether I am free to fully share details, so I apologize for being intentionally vague, but I felt for now that it might be best to at least put something on the record about it. Hopefully it's no trouble, I don't mean to interrupt.

I did reply.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

The aforementioned game (where Tolly was scum with me/tobbs/aa) was her first game.

Did Lando know this? Because I didn't go see who was in the game.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

DGK2000 posted:

Did Lando know this? Because I didn't go see who was in the game.

Looking at the game, he was not in it. My previous statement stands.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Pardon me, but I would also like to say that my posting is being affected by a N0 action used on me, I feel it might be of interest to admit, if you guys don't mind.

:thunk:

Tolly Totes posted:

Hello everybody! Good morning!

##vote Tobbs

---

Hi Lumpen!

---

My guess is the Tolly (who is greeting people) is under a similar restriction to Lumpen (who is polite)?

I feel like this is the part where having seen more than two episodes of Westworld would be useful but I don't see any harm in pointing it out.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Lando131

I think, perhaps, you hosed up.

Hi this is my second game too. My first was 4 years ago. Im just slightly more informed because ive been reading Mafia games for fun again for the last few months.

Funny enough my router reset and ate a post i was making so I'll leave the gist of it here.
You could say KB is lurking by your current standards and everyone knows how much he hates lurkers. The game is barely 24 hours old and jokephase usually lasts longer than that. It seems too early to me to vote someone because they havent posted a serious opinion yet.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lando131 posted:

Hi this is my second game too. My first was 4 years ago. Im just slightly more informed because ive been reading Mafia games for fun again for the last few months.

Funny enough my router reset and ate a post i was making so I'll leave the gist of it here.
You could say KB is lurking by your current standards and everyone knows how much he hates lurkers. The game is barely 24 hours old and jokephase usually lasts longer than that. It seems too early to me to vote someone because they havent posted a serious opinion yet.

It's meta but KB has recently claimed he'll be taking a less active stance in games, and it's still day 1 on a weekend.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Lando131 posted:

I was on my phone when I wrote this so a quick Mafia Edit. I meant to say that if KB had said the same things Tolly had and you responded the same way, it would seem ridiculous. And you didn't actually drop a vote Tolly for that, so that was a poor choice of wording.

It's meta but KB has recently claimed he'll be taking a less active stance in games, and it's still day 1 on a weekend.

Yeah I mostly used him because IIRC he has a known hatred of lurkers to the point of targeting them for nightkills as scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

I, too, have a posting restriction, and I'm about to give it up because it is annoying, hon. Not much of a rind on you.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Good afternoon everyone, lovely weather we’re having.

There’s a lot of discussion about whether the humorous banter time should be continued, and I say let the fun times continue! We still haven’t greeted all the folks who are yet to arrive, you see.

Hopefully then once everyone has joined, we can get a better understanding of who’s who and what’s what.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

:thunk:
My guess is the Tolly (who is greeting people)
That's likely enough to ##unvote Tolly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

I, too, have a posting restriction, and I'm about to give it up because it is annoying, hon. Not much of a rind on you.

I was wondering why you called me hon' lol. I don't have a meta read for you being southern or sassy.

• Locked thread