Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

That's likely enough to ##unvote Tolly

Expert troll at work. Lumpen is a mster.

*takes notes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Expert troll at work. Lumpen is a mster.

*takes notes*

:monocle:

loving magic man Lumpen wtf

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

That's likely enough to ##unvote Tolly

O thought you made another intentional formatt8ng mistake, but you ninjad it like a half second before I chose quote lol. My god.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Excuse brevity or typos, posting from my firmware.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

Going back I see it's Dancer, not tolly who claimed newbie at signup.

I've been reading through the Wandering Samurai very recently to get the flow of things, and I can confirm that Tolly is also a newbie.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

O thought you made another intentional formatt8ng mistake, but you ninjad it like a half second before I chose quote lol. My god.
Excuse me, but it seems like you're referring to a previous "intentional formatting mistake"... I'm confused, can you do a kind favor and go back and quote it?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Having entirely caught up to the thread, I think I have two questions:
1) Are posting restrictions an actual thing that is done in SA mafia, or is that still some extended jokephase?
2) What's OMGUS?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmmm I am looking at AA and he seem alright to me, going to dig into the cases on him

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also what jerk is giving out post restrictions, I hate post restrictions

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

Dancer posted:

Having entirely caught up to the thread, I think I have two questions:
1) Are posting restrictions an actual thing that is done in SA mafia, or is that still some extended jokephase?
2) What's OMGUS?

I think so on 1 but I'm not sure how common they are.

But an OMGUS is 'oh my god you suck', a scumtell where a player immediately votes someone for the sole reason of being voted by said person. People seem to let it slide a lot on SA but I think it can be an effective way of finding people who are very uncomfortable being voted, see: scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lando131 posted:

I think so on 1 but I'm not sure how common they are.

But an OMGUS is 'oh my god you suck', a scumtell where a player immediately votes someone for the sole reason of being voted by said person. People seem to let it slide a lot on SA but I think it can be an effective way of finding people who are very uncomfortable being voted, see: scum.

This is exactly why my vote on mmt ISN'T an OMGUS.

I think she really looks poorly by spouting out inaccurate information on my play so she could tag on to my rising heat

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is exactly why my vote on mmt ISN'T an OMGUS.

I think she really looks poorly by spouting out inaccurate information on my play so she could tag on to my rising heat

I still think it read as one but I'll admit you seem genuinely frustrated by her case.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

Lumpen posted:

Excuse me Tolly, but I just have to point out that you dodged my question about your empty-quote post before this one, and I know you were around at that time so I'm afraid I'm going to have to hold that against you. I'm going to keep my vote on you based on your lurky lack of response and engagement.

Thanks for the update!

Sorry about that, while I appreciate what you're doing, I'm not interested in engaging in a line of question you don't believe in. I just feel like it wouldn't be productive for either one of us.

I think what you posted later means you're writing in this way because you have to, and that also changes things a lot.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

Hmm to be honest I kind of feel like Lumpen is the person you'd want to be asking about lists! I tend to go more for rambly paragraphs :words:

Haha!

No, I meant you. Maybe not lists exactly, but branching thoughts. A, B, C etc.

Murmur Twin posted:

My guess is the Tolly (who is greeting people) is under a similar restriction to Lumpen (who is polite)?

This is not true.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

DGK2000 posted:

You've avoided posting any content this game. You've said hi, and asked about lists. There is enough going on that you could have actual opinions. You don't.

Those are some interesting takes DGK. I don't agree with them though. Even though there may be some truth to the letter here, I haven't done much, I don't think the spirit of what you're saying is true.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Tolly Totes posted:

Murmur Twin posted:

My guess is the Tolly (who is greeting people) is under a similar restriction
This is not true.
Interesting.
##Vote Tolly Totes

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Lumpen posted:

This is not true.
Interesting.
##Vote Tolly Totes
[/quote]

This is a terrible vote. What's the case, that someone's speculation about them was wrong?

##vote Lumpen

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Mafia Edit: That'll teach me not to use preview. At least it resolves itself.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Lando131 posted:

Oh, I know! Tolly, what do you think of the complete and irrevocable murder of jokephase by DGK2000 and MMT?
(You don't have to answer this. For people who don't understand these things this was a joke question. You can if you want though! :D)

It's good. This post though, it's not.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Tolly Totes posted:

I'm not interested in engaging in a line of question you don't believe in. I just feel like it wouldn't be productive for either one of us.

This is a rather unlikely theory, but I reckoned I'd throw it out there: This looks like it miiiiiight be a posting restriction related to/inspired by "This doesn't look like anything to me".

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lando131 posted:

I'd ask if this is a joke but you seem as serious as a heart attack. Why should someone in their second game have 'actual opinions' a day 1 that's been slow as hell? This coming right after MMT starts questioning them too, now that I think about it.

Oh, I know! Tolly, what do you think of the complete and irrevocable murder of jokephase by DGK2000 and MMT?
(You don't have to answer this. For people who don't understand these things this was a joke question. You can if you want though! :D)

I don't remember it being mentioned in thread that this is Tolly's second game.

HURMMMMM

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Dancer posted:

This is a rather unlikely theory, but I reckoned I'd throw it out there: This looks like it miiiiiight be a posting restriction related to/inspired by "This doesn't look like anything to me".

It is not.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

HURMMMMM

He mentioned it right there in that post.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

HURMMMMM

It is a thing multiple of us will simply be aware about, particularly those people that have just been in a game with her (or, as in my case, have just been busy reading it).

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

I mentioned this in one of my earlier replies but I've read most of the Mafia games recently. The main exception is Shine because I didn't want to deal with reading multiple threads for a single game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lando131 posted:

Hi this is my second game too. My first was 4 years ago. Im just slightly more informed because ive been reading Mafia games for fun again for the last few months.

Funny enough my router reset and ate a post i was making so I'll leave the gist of it here.
You could say KB is lurking by your current standards and everyone knows how much he hates lurkers. The game is barely 24 hours old and jokephase usually lasts longer than that. It seems too early to me to vote someone because they havent posted a serious opinion yet.

Read my second post in the thread. Also, fwiw, if you really read my last game, you'd even know why.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lando131 posted:

I mentioned this in one of my earlier replies but I've read most of the Mafia games recently. The main exception is Shine because I didn't want to deal with reading multiple threads for a single game.

/disbelieve

##vote Lando

Especially since Tolly said she was a new player, but didn't explicitly state Samurai was her first game.

Unless you want to prove me wrong?

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

/disbelieve

##vote Lando

Especially since Tolly said she was a new player, but didn't explicitly state Samurai was her first game.

hm

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

So Tobbs, is the idea that we're both on a team together and I've told Lando it's my second game and then he said it in the thread?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs basically posted:

So Tobbs, is the idea that we're both on a team together and I've told Lando it's my second game and then he said it in the thread?

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

/disbelieve

##vote Lando

That's fair because she said she was new and this is the second game I've seen her in. I assumed this was her second game on SA but I suppose she could have played another one I wasn't aware of. That said she came out firing in Westworld. The core of my point to DKG was that it seemed early in the game to get suspicious on the ground of no content, with a bit of extra skepticism because it targeted a relatively new player.

I'm pretty sure everything I've said is true but I guess my apologies to Tolly if I've misrepresented her.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyone with access to viewfinder can view game count. Am I missing something?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Don't think AA is scum.

Also, ##vote MMT

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Votefinder

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Ok. This is a bad idea. Do you believe it?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

idgi

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also what jerk is giving out post restrictions, I hate post restrictions

Don’t hate the player. Hate the game, sweetie.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh it’s not me. Sorry, that sounded like a softclaim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You cute little Hal you! Ohhhhh Hal!!!! I’m glad we are playing mafia again together!!!!!!!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Haaaaaaaaaaalllllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS