Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tolly Totes posted:

Ok. This is a bad idea. Do you believe it?

My guess is that he's talking OOT with someone. Doesn't have to be you, but would be anyone familiar with the Samurai game.

Talking OOT is usually a good sign someone is scum (though masonries are possible).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My guess is that he's talking OOT with someone. Doesn't have to be you, but would be anyone familiar with the Samurai game.

Talking OOT is usually a good sign someone is scum (though masonries are possible).

This is what I'm guessing.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Wow sir, thank you for that super helpful information. Next you’ll tell me that voting someone is a good way to show that you want them lynched.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dead Cow posted:

Wow sir, thank you for that super helpful information. Next you’ll tell me that voting someone is a good way to show that you want them lynched.

Nice PR! :swoon:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I am too lazy to go back and look at what you're talking about right before dinner here. For the GOOD OF THE THREAD, will you make a case that summarizes this point up? :swoon:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
God drat it every time DKG posts on a page all I hear in my head is Dr Tran episodes

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

/disbelieve

##vote Lando

Especially since Tolly said she was a new player, but didn't explicitly state Samurai was her first game.

Unless you want to prove me wrong?

FWIW: If Samurai was Tolly's first game, bravo.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Am I gonna die?

If someone can save me from this injection thing please do it tonight, I have no idea what's going on but I suspect I've been robot poisoned.

Does poison even effect robots?

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Gridlocked posted:

gently caress I forgot how fast these threads move

lots of boring posts wouldnt actually bother reading all of it if you don't feel like it

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

merk posted:

I am too lazy to go back and look at what you're talking about right before dinner here. For the GOOD OF THE THREAD, will you make a case that summarizes this point up? :swoon:

Hi Merk.

Lando131 posted:

I'd ask if this is a joke but you seem as serious as a heart attack. Why should someone in their second game have 'actual opinions' a day 1 that's been slow as hell? This coming right after MMT starts questioning them too, now that I think about it.

Oh, I know! Tolly, what do you think of the complete and irrevocable murder of jokephase by DGK2000 and MMT?
(You don't have to answer this. For people who don't understand these things this was a joke question. You can if you want though! :D)

This post is the first one in the thread about my experience level.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't remember it being mentioned in thread that this is Tolly's second game.

HURMMMMM

Tobbs believes that Lando, who wasn't in our other game, shouldn't know this. He is fine with how I summarize it here:

Tolly Totes posted:

So Tobbs, is the idea that we're both on a team together and I've told Lando it's my second game and then he said it in the thread?

And that's it. That's the whole thing.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
I am flattered that my actual knowledge level is considered to be too high compared to where it should be. :allears:

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
I think it's rather telling that every new player thinks this is a bad idea and the ones who actually like this chain of thought are older players

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, what’s next? That seems bad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m with KB on this one. AA seems fine to me and it looks like her pushing a bad case ##vote mmt

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

I'd understand it better if the argument was 'Yeah but Tolly said she's played plenty of other Mafia games elsewhere so calling her new considering her play in the samurai game is a stretch', but this is purely a read based what I should or shouldn't know as a new player.

I'd rather just keep saying what I think though even if it looks like I'm being fed information because the alternative is withholding information or lurking and that's not why I signed up to play.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
If we're playing the new players cards I will admit this is only my 2nd SA game.

or third I can't remember actually one of the two though

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

King Burgundy posted:

Don't think AA is scum.

Also, ##vote MMT

Why don't you think AA is scum, and why the vote on me?

I can buy the idea that you think my case on AA is wrong but I'm interested in the leap that I'd be scum for pushing it.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm not sure I buy into the "Lando knew this was Tolly's second game so he's scum" theory, that sounds more like a patsy case than a real one to me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

b-minus1 posted:

i love how everyone tries to justify their personal d1 criteria for nailing scum as mafia gospel lol

lol

I'm catchin' up on stuff, gonna try to be succinct and organized this game!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I think this is a scum post. It reads to me like he doesn't know whether to be

(a) serious ("I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps...") or
(b) laid-back ("...for their super serious votes during [jokephase]")

It's like he's trying to sound town, but I can't imagine that he actually thinks he's going to deduce dgk/lumpen's alignment at this point in the game.

##vote AA

I'm kinda feeling this. Like I look at Lumpen and I get a "too overtly scum to be scum" vibe, and it's weird that AA comes down hard with an opinion of "that's scummy behavior" when I'm not sure how I would read Lumpen being obstinate anymore.

I'ma keep an eye on how AA responds to this and where it goes but this is the thing in that exchange that is standing out to me as odd.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Their posts looked exactly like what I've already said about them. Serious at a point in which there is nothing happening. My vote on tobbs is explained as a dig as you, him, tolly and I were just scum together.

So dgk is just wrong about it. I don't think much else about their posts other than them being wrong.

Lumpen is Lumpen and weird. The serious or sarcastic serious look w.e. Lumpen MO is, reads as passively confrontational for no real reason other than instinct and response triggering.

You look fake as pointed out.

Merk comes in with a hot take.

I'm not super sure what to make of this response. On the one hand I'm reading AA as genuinely frustrated and trying to remember if he was awkwardly hardline about stuff in the last game we were in together where he got misdunked early on. But it's also jumping out at me that he's had several people agree with MMT at this point and he only jumps in to throw some soft shade at merk's response. Feels off, not sure which direction.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Starting to feel like the DGK/AA thing is a town/town slapfight.

Lando131 posted:

I'd ask if this is a joke but you seem as serious as a heart attack. Why should someone in their second game have 'actual opinions' a day 1 that's been slow as hell? This coming right after MMT starts questioning them too, now that I think about it.

Oh, I know! Tolly, what do you think of the complete and irrevocable murder of jokephase by DGK2000 and MMT?
(You don't have to answer this. For people who don't understand these things this was a joke question. You can if you want though! :D)

This is a really weird white knight, and it's also kinda wrong; Tolly should have been able to come in and give an opinion on stuff that was happening.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Running into the land of post restrictions, this game is awesome~

Also I realize I'm breaking my own succint rule so I'ma shut up until the next post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lumpen posted:

That's likely enough to ##unvote Tolly

Not following this line of thought & action, Lumpen. Why does Tolly also having a PR clear him of suspicion? What were you thinking at the time you made this vote?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tolly Totes posted:

I think it's rather telling that every new player thinks this is a bad idea and the ones who actually like this chain of thought are older players

Telling of what exactly?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

I’m with KB on this one. AA seems fine to me and it looks like her pushing a bad case ##vote mmt

I don't like this post. KB hasn't actually explained why he voted MMT and my initial thought was "what's his case, exactly?" Opop trying to piggy back off of something that doesn't exist is weird.

##vote RF

Also susp of Lando, and wanting to hear from Lumpen about what his logic here is.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

You cute little Hal you! Ohhhhh Hal!!!! I’m glad we are playing mafia again together!!!!!!!

:shepface:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't like this post. KB hasn't actually explained why he voted MMT and my initial thought was "what's his case, exactly?" Opop trying to piggy back off of something that doesn't exist is weird.

##vote RF

Also susp of Lando, and wanting to hear from Lumpen about what his logic here is.

Yeah that post bothered me too. I haven’t read much of the game from before I got here other than AA, but RF is definitely someone who has pinged me from what I’ve seen so far

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

Starting to feel like the DGK/AA thing is a town/town slapfight.

This is a really weird white knight, and it's also kinda wrong; Tolly should have been able to come in and give an opinion on stuff that was happening.

At the point when he made that post I thought DGK was jumping the gun on demanding opinions. It looks like there's quite a few people who disagree with that assessment, his target wasn't the main concern which is why I tried to explain it by saying 'well what if it was KB'. It read as an accusation of content lurking when it felt really early for that to me. The fact Tolly is a newer player reinforced that in my mind but it's starting to look like I shouldn't have brought that up at all, since my opinion didn't rely on it as a material fact.

Now it looks to me like there are several players who take everything seriously right from the start. Also I just like talking and responding to people and it was something to talk about when it'd had been pretty slow before then, the discussions around AA aside.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lando131 posted:

At the point when he made that post I thought DGK was jumping the gun on demanding opinions. It looks like there's quite a few people who disagree with that assessment, his target wasn't the main concern which is why I tried to explain it by saying 'well what if it was KB'. It read as an accusation of content lurking when it felt really early for that to me. The fact Tolly is a newer player reinforced that in my mind but it's starting to look like I shouldn't have brought that up at all, since my opinion didn't rely on it as a material fact.

Now it looks to me like there are several players who take everything seriously right from the start. Also I just like talking and responding to people and it was something to talk about when it'd had been pretty slow before then, the discussions around AA aside.

I thought DGK had a good point. Jumping on a joke vote first post seemed like try to slip a cheap one under the radar

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

I thought DGK had a good point. Jumping on a joke vote first post seemed like try to slip a cheap one under the radar

I was confused by this until I realized Lumpen was actually accusing Tolly of parking a third vote on Tobbs in a serious manner when I did the same thing as a joke matter. Realizing my mistake I'm going to go ahead and ##unvote Lumpen because I missed the context of his vote, which at the time seemed to have absolutely no case behind it. I think I was missing the forest for the trees there.

I'm going to have to rethink things because things got serious even before I realized it, which does change my view on the posts that followed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote RF

I made the case when I made the vote, it wasn’t an empty quote. There was also pages of back and forth with people talking about it for context.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote

If Lando is scum and flips I'll keep this in mind, but I'm willing to let it go for now.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Anomalous Amalgam (4): DGK2000, Gridlocked, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, merk, DGK2000
Murmur Twin (3): sentimental snail, sentimental snail, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist
Tobbs Gnawed (2): flerp, Anomalous Amalgam, Tolly Totes, Anomalous Amalgam
Lumpen (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, sentimental snail, Lando131, Lando131
Quidthulhu (1): Dead Cow
HiipFire (1): Dancer
DGK2000 (1): HiipFire
Tolly Totes (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lumpen, Lando131, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lando131, Lando131, Tobbs Gnawed
Lando131 (1): merk, merk, DGK2000, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Retro Futurist (1): Quidthulhu
merk (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, HiipFire, HiipFire
King Burgundy (0): Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
sentimental snail (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
b-minus1 (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Dancer (0): Dancer, Dancer

Not Voting (6): 50 pounds of bread, Atomic Soda, Hal Incandenza, Lando131, Mr. F!, Tobbs Gnawed

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 27th, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 21 hours.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Quidthulhu posted:

Not following this line of thought & action, Lumpen. Why does Tolly also having a PR clear him of suspicion? What were you thinking at the time you made this vote?
Well, I'm sorry, but it doesn't look like anything to me. Now... what was I sayin'? Aw shucks I don't know nothin I suppose.

Anyway it turns Tolly is a good vote after all.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

I just reread the thread to get my bearings and I'm cracking up at Tolly trolling Lumpen after thinking I might find something there when Lumpen's vote turned out to have a basis. It also turns out that AA's vote was for MMT saying he was lying and leaving it there after she walked it back, which isn't as OMGUS as I'd thought, which annoys me because he was my other strongest scumread.

I'm also wondering if KB is voting MMT for making tone reads, or if there's something more to it.

Other thoughts: 50 has done nothing other than make a claim about being injected N0, and Lumpen was given a post restriction N0. Mr. F! has said nothing after confirming, Atomic Soda is MIA and flerp hasn't been seen since the start of D1, but it's a weekend. Merk is all over the place and unreadable.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I love sex.

The pr makes me not even want to post

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

I love sex.

The pr makes me not even want to post

Ask if you can put it in a sig.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Lando131 posted:

I just reread the thread to get my bearings and I'm cracking up at Tolly trolling Lumpen after thinking I might find something there when Lumpen's vote turned out to have a basis. It also turns out that AA's vote was for MMT saying he was lying and leaving it there after she walked it back, which isn't as OMGUS as I'd thought, which annoys me because he was my other strongest scumread.

I'm also wondering if KB is voting MMT for making tone reads, or if there's something more to it.

Other thoughts: 50 has done nothing other than make a claim about being injected N0, and Lumpen was given a post restriction N0. Mr. F! has said nothing after confirming, Atomic Soda is MIA and flerp hasn't been seen since the start of D1, but it's a weekend. Merk is all over the place and unreadable.

You try being injected with mystery whatever n0 and not being concerned about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

50 pounds of bread posted:

You try being injected with mystery whatever n0 and not being concerned about it.

Reeelaaaaax.

Humans are overly concerned with injections, unlike us hosts.

• Locked thread