Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I see no reason to change my vote. I'm shooting in the dark anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

I love sex.

The pr makes me not even want to post

You sure know how to have a good time, Merk.

For what's it worth, you'd think a scum merk would at least try, so his lovely attitude probably works in his favor

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

Hal Incandenza posted:

Telling of what exactly?

That it's a bad idea because it involves older players assuming they know how new players operate, while new players are telling them the opposite.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Oh by the way Tobbs, it may not be clear, but my vote on you is not a joke about us being on a team together or anything. It's a real vote.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

Tolly Totes posted:

Oh by the way Tobbs, it may not be clear, but my vote on you is not a joke about us being on a team together or anything. It's a real vote.

Got a case to go along with that one if that's true?

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Lando131 posted:

Got a case to go along with that one if that's true?

Not yet.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Cool
##vote Tolly Totes

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Lando131 posted:

Cool
##vote Tolly Totes

I'd ask you why but I think I know the answer

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

If you end up having a reason for it later my vote will go away if it's reasonable, just like my vote on Lumpen.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

To be clear I have a reason, just not a case yet. If that makes sense.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

I understand, but it's a reason you're not willing to share and that prevents people from examining your motivation. When you decide to share it later my vote because it will disappear, but you leave it, never give a reason and Tobbs ends up lynched and flipping Town you can expect me to stay on your case. If you're town and being genuine you have nothing to worry about.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

That's fair. Though I can't imagine Tobbs picking up 10 more votes without somebody campaigning it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I notice Tobbs is a subject of much debate but has yet to make a vote of his own.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
still catching up but:

Tolly Totes posted:

Hi Merk.

This post is the first one in the thread about my experience level.

Tobbs believes that Lando, who wasn't in our other game, shouldn't know this. He is fine with how I summarize it here:

And that's it. That's the whole thing.

i'm going to come out and say i read the samurai mafia and saw that was tollys first game as well, so i don't think that this is necessarily a scum tell. some of landos other posts feel awkward tho.

also hi tolly i'm jealous of your scum game nice work : )

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

FWIW: If Samurai was Tolly's first game, bravo.

also weren't you in this game?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
lando making a lurker callout on a weekend seems like he's flailing but i'm not sold on the he's scum cause he knows tolly is new case.

tolly you have my interest ##vote tobbs

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Atomic Soda posted:

lando making a lurker callout on a weekend seems like he's flailing but i'm not sold on the he's scum cause he knows tolly is new case.

Not to sound like a broken record, but do you have a reason or case to go along with that vote?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Lando131 posted:

Not to sound like a broken record, but do you have a reason or case to go along with that vote?

firstly i think that it was a stretch to call you scum based on your tolly post. i'm not sure what this unvote post is in response to, tobbs are you able to expand?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##unvote

If Lando is scum and flips I'll keep this in mind, but I'm willing to let it go for now.

secondly i kinda want to see where tolly is going with this.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm just gonna ignore all those posts about it being someone's nth game and shoot from the hip, as it should be, because they are not good, posts

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Atomic Soda posted:

hm actually this is a very good post. was it common knowledge in that thread that it was tolly's first game?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a really weird white knight, and it's also kinda wrong; Tolly should have been able to come in and give an opinion on stuff that was happening.

I agree mostly agree with quid here

Lando131 posted:

I'd ask if this is a joke but you seem as serious as a heart attack. Why should someone in their second game have 'actual opinions' a day 1 that's been slow as hell? This coming right after MMT starts questioning them too, now that I think about it.

Oh, I know! Tolly, what do you think of the complete and irrevocable murder of jokephase by DGK2000 and MMT?
(You don't have to answer this. For people who don't understand these things this was a joke question. You can if you want though! :D)

dgk calling people out for avoiding posting content when there had been approximately two content posts in the 20 or so hrs the game had been open, is bad. it's wild 'n dangerous to say new players shouldn't be expected to have opinions or that old players should, but also, tolly should readily have an opinion on matters tolly is involved w.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tolly Totes posted:

Well that's dumb because I'm very much town.

Tolly Totes posted:

To be clear I have a reason, just not a case yet. If that makes sense.

Atomic Soda posted:

In case it's not blindingly obvious that this is a scummy push.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

sentimental snail posted:

I'm just gonna ignore all those posts about it being someone's nth game and shoot from the hip, as it should be, because they are not good, posts

This is something I agree with. New to the game or community, it shouldn't be the deciding factor for alignment or how many grains of salt we should take.

Tolly has experience beyond our community (revealed in Samurai scum chat) and L has played in this community in past so...

Just shoot from the hip. An AA approved strat. Always.

I don't think L recognizing she played in two games is indicative of OOT, just because this info is readily available in VF.

VF comes with neat tools that shouldn't necessarily be uses to hunt scum like avg. Post count or number of games in or last posted, but yeah....

Just my 2 cents on this whole line of case work.

Instead, I still like my vote on MMT because I haven't seen anything worse than that tag a long case.

Looking into this Tobbs stuff.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
anyone claiming a pr is not town. humans are the ones that need to get in to character. mystery solved!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This is something I agree with. New to the game or community, it shouldn't be the deciding factor for alignment or how many grains of salt we should take.

Tolly has experience beyond our community (revealed in Samurai scum chat) and L has played in this community in past so...

Just shoot from the hip. An AA approved strat. Always.

I don't think L recognizing she played in two games is indicative of OOT, just because this info is readily available in VF.

VF comes with neat tools that shouldn't necessarily be uses to hunt scum like avg. Post count or number of games in or last posted, but yeah....

Just my 2 cents on this whole line of case work.

Instead, I still like my vote on MMT because I haven't seen anything worse than that tag a long case.

Looking into this Tobbs stuff.

You kind of have to look for it, it doesn't show up if you just go to votefinder to check the count for the game you're currently in.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
hot take:

MMT firing out of the gate is more like her town game. AA just having been scum with her (and me) should be able to see that difference.

Gonna hold my vote though because he's got enough heat on him for now.

I'm interested to hear what he thinks of Tolly's case on me, which is that she explicitly says there isn't one.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You kind of have to look for it, it doesn't show up if you just go to votefinder to check the count for the game you're currently in.

But just because you have to look for it doesn't mean that people wont.

I found it in a few seconds a couple games ago. It's an improved feature and isn't that hard to come across from regular browsing on the site.

It wasn't so handy when I last took break. I just don't think it's the slam dunk for OOT speak.

I should say, I'm not trying to undermine your case on L, just that I don't think it will pan out based on this information alone. Will watch L.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

hot take:

MMT firing out of the gate is more like her town game. AA just having been scum with her (and me) should be able to see that difference.

I'm interested to hear what he thinks of Tolly's case on me, which is that she explicitly says there isn't one.

The other votes being flerp, my arch-nemesis, and AS, who added on "Yeah, sure Tolly, whatever."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

hot take:

I did replace in though :ohdear:

And I try not to follow meta too closely. Usually for frustration behavior and authoritative versus contributing posting. Those are my biggest tells for most players.

I just think it was a poor case that called out specific inconsistencies that didn't exist in my own posts.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I did replace in though :ohdear:

And I try not to follow meta too closely. Usually for frustration behavior and authoritative versus contributing posting. Those are my biggest tells for most players.

I just think it was a poor case that called out specific inconsistencies that didn't exist in my own posts.

And does bad casing from MMT immediately scream scum to you?

Because I believe even in post-game discussion we talked about MMT's casing in Shine being pretty not-great. She was town, though, and I pushed her that whole game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

And does bad casing from MMT immediately scream scum to you?

Because I believe even in post-game discussion we talked about MMT's casing in Shine being pretty not-great. She was town, though, and I pushed her that whole game.

In shine 2 she played similarly was scum and won that game.

I think meta is useful but not great.

And it's more that what she called me out on specifically. It's not that the case is Bad, it's that she says I did something I didn't do. Where dgk was weird suspicion, and Lumpen was just probing not even voting.

Mmt came in with a weird case about me lying about trying to determine alignment from unvoting on what was definitely a d1 joke vote.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

In shine 2 she played similarly was scum and won that game.

I think meta is useful but not great.

And it's more that what she called me out on specifically. It's not that the case is Bad, it's that she says I did something I didn't do. Where dgk was weird suspicion, and Lumpen was just probing not even voting.

Mmt came in with a weird case about me lying about trying to determine alignment from unvoting on what was definitely a d1 joke vote.

I'll take another look.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I think this is a scum post. It reads to me like he doesn't know whether to be

(a) serious ("I really do want to take a look at dgk and lumps...") or
(b) laid-back ("...for their super serious votes during [jokephase]")

It's like he's trying to sound town, but I can't imagine that he actually thinks he's going to deduce dgk/lumpen's alignment at this point in the game.

##vote AA

Murmur Twin posted:

(fixed grammar on second quote)

This also seems like a weird mixture of joking around (the vote) and being serious (the unvote) that makes me feel like AA is lying instead of just speaking off-the-cuff.

How is it lying? What Have I omitted or been dishonest about? Seems to me that you're intentionally fabricating something that didn't happen.

##vote mmt

I did vote Lumpen though, and then unvoted when I realized he wasn't making a scummy quote vote.

The follow up callout was only in response to some weirdly framed pressure that put scare quotes and italics on a single word from my post.

This push feels inauthentic, and poorly substantiated.

MMT claims I lied about something. My vote o. Her is not an omgus, but in direct response to her actually lying and claiming things that did not happen.

I mean, I'll be waiting on clarification on how I lied about anything.

This is either a misunderstanding or a mischaracterization, AA. You're framing this as MMT saying you lied about something, like night actions for example. What she's saying though is that your stated intention to make an alignment call at this point in the game is false, or filler to give the illusion of participating/making calls.

It sucks to have someone call you a liar, so I'm leaning towards this being a misunderstanding, but your focus on the "lying" aspect of MMT's case could be a way to wave it off without talking about it, which is scummy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

hello I am confirming that I am angry

anyone claiming a pr is not town. humans are the ones that need to get in to character. mystery solved!

lol, little girl.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Only I have talked about it. Even if it is a misunderstanding, some more feedback from mmt might make me change my opinion.

However, I feel like she's retreated from the discussion. Weekend sure? But still....

I'll let it go for the time being, as I need to look at some other votes and contributions in this thread but I feel I've been forthcoming about answering why I voted for you initially, why I think mmt looks scummy from her case and have been participating in some other discussion as well, though not as closely since I'm self absorbed lol

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

hm actually this is a very good post. was it common knowledge in that thread that it was tolly's first game?

i remember it but i also recall he wasn't hugely invested in that game (sorry merk). however this plus the pr makes me suss.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Well that's dumb because I'm very much town.

In case it's not blindingly obvious that this is a scummy push.

wrong, but feel free to elaborate

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

hot take:

why do you think tolly said what she said?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The other votes being flerp, my arch-nemesis, and AS, who added on "Yeah, sure Tolly, whatever."

aww i though i said something about your case on lando as well

also wondering if you could answer the question from my earlier post, genuinely don't know what you were responding to there :/ what are you keeping in mind?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I really don't like Retro Futurist so far on this fine little day 1, little friendly thread. Retro only has two posts about alignment. Here they are and why they are bad:

Retro Futurist posted:

I’m with KB on this one. AA seems fine to me and it looks like her pushing a bad case ##vote mmt

Retro needlessly fronts a vote on MMT by putting KB on the hook as leading the push. This move looks like Retro is trying to lessen culpability Retro might have from MMT's flip which I have to assume is town for this point to have any relevance.

Retro Futurist posted:

You sure know how to have a good time, Merk.

For what's it worth, you'd think a scum merk would at least try, so his lovely attitude probably works in his favor

This is meaningless. You're clearly following along the thread, but this is the only new thing you have to say?

##vote Retro

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Atomic Soda posted:

I was! I didn't see it was Tolly's first game.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Atomic Soda posted:

i remember it but i also recall he wasn't hugely invested in that game (sorry merk). however this plus the pr makes me suss.

wrong, but feel free to elaborate

why do you think tolly said what she said?

aww i though i said something about your case on lando as well

also wondering if you could answer the question from my earlier post, genuinely don't know what you were responding to there :/ what are you keeping in mind?

If Lando flips scum it's very likely someone who was very familiar with the Samurai game shared that it was Tolly's first game.

Maybe I'm super paranoid, but knowing that this is her second game on the forums requires stalkery behavior or OOT communication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok so maybe I’m missing something, but Tolly says they are voting Tobbs for a ~reason~ but won’t say why, and despite everything else going on AS just goes “sure” and jumps on to that vote?

• Locked thread