Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is loving up my brain

i mean, it's photoshop...oh poo poo, i've been had by another guygoodbody bullshit post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Maybe Goodbody is the only sane one and we are all out of our minds

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Did Guy forget he's supposed to explain all his posts?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/TheNardvark/status/967521566983680001

https://twitter.com/duunk/status/967247027485790208

https://twitter.com/CornOnTheGoblin/status/965726732123869184

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

... Germany? I mean it's still the same law.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FreudianSlippers posted:

Maybe Goodbody is the only sane one and we are all out of our minds

Considering how well you guys reacted to that disgusting lovely cum sock, I think yeah

https://twitter.com/emmerihhi/status/967066529291411456

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

... Germany? I mean it's still the same law.

I think it's supposed to be a "this is bad because Nazis" thing.

...ignoring that the German purity law just says what you are and are not allowed to put in the beer. That's it. That's all it does.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think the humor is the idea that having a "purity law" is a very German thing. Which is also probably the first thing anyone thinks of when they hear about that particular brewing standard. It's not a very clever or original observation.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ZZ for short posted:

He calls himself bulletproof, but isn't he really more of a bullet sponge?

Bullet magnet, I'd say.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

When the purity law translates as "If people put horse piss, rice, little bits of poo poo and rat fur in your beer we're legally allowed to both put them in jail and shut them down" I really don't know how it can be interpreted as a bad thing. German beer is amazing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how are you all overanalyzing an insanely simple nazi joke this much for fucks sake

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Alaois posted:

how are you all overanalyzing an insanely simple nazi joke this much for fucks sake

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Alaois posted:

Goon joke purity rules are very strict.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Who What Now posted:

Did Guy forget he's supposed to explain all his posts?

Why did you stop doing that, anyway, Guy? It was real good and everyone liked your posts, the opposite of what happens when you don't do that.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

Considering how well you guys reacted to that disgusting lovely cum sock, I think yeah

I'd be embarrassed too, if I showed my mother a picture with such a shamefully bad prop.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Hyperlynx posted:

It does say "1/24 scale" in the bottom left.

ha ha ha !

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
You've got to appreciate the classics

It's from/by someone in the cspam trump thread but that moves too fast to find the original

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I think there's something wrong with my sphynx cat

https://i.imgur.com/R7ZPRuj.mp4

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Ring and all :allears:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So what is it supposed to be besides the goatman?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

2B more like 2D

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

Goon joke purity rules are very strict.
"Jokes should be funny" is obviously too hard to understand for a lot of people.

Also, why this thread is called "Funny Pictures". Post them, idiots.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Drone_Fragger posted:

When the purity law translates as "If people put horse piss, rice, little bits of poo poo and rat fur in your beer we're legally allowed to both put them in jail and shut them down" I really don't know how it can be interpreted as a bad thing. German beer is amazing.

I believe it was less about that and more "The only grain you are allowed to use is barley because we don't want wheat or rye to be diverted from bakers so the price of bread doesn't go up."

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Someone post the American purity laws

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Is it an opossum with mange? Or one of the failed experiments before Stitch was created?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bored posted:

Is it an opossum with mange? Or one of the failed experiments before Stitch was created?

Opossum with Alopecia. His skin doesn't produce oil so I guess that's why he's all crusty.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Someone oil that opossum, stat!

That would be good on a pizza

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Heresy2

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

not an empty quote, read my av text

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Karate Bastard posted:

Someone post the American purity laws

They were repealed in the landmark case Loving Beer v Virginia

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_n13gpfM8Ix1rdl9gm.mp4

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 12:04 on Feb 25, 2018

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It was in reponse to

knows a black guy posted:

Oh how dumb that we didn't catch that
, Captain Reading Comprehension.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Hyperlynx posted:

It was in reponse to
, Captain Reading Comprehension.

We know, it just wasn't funny

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This is veering into Guy Goodbody's territory, but I thought it was legitimately humorous, regardless of the forums' animosity with eastern comics

Togashi Toshiro commentary on the Yu Yu Hakusho artbook

(Up to Down, Right to Left)

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I believe it was less about that and more "The only grain you are allowed to use is barley because we don't want wheat or rye to be diverted from bakers so the price of bread doesn't go up."

This is correct. Ensuring the quality and purity of your food supplies for your personal health, to the extent that we take for granted now, is a very recent phenomenon and we should fight tooth and nail to make sure it sticks around

Sulla Faex has a new favorite as of 13:29 on Feb 25, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

This is correct. Ensuring the quality and purity of your food supplies for your personal health, to the extent that we take for granted now, is a very recent phenomenon and we should fight tooth and nail to make sure it sticks around

Fun fact, white bread was originally invented as a health food. With white bread you could be sure that unscrupulous bakers weren't stretching their flour by adding sawdust, and it was easier to spot impurities like dead bugs or mouse droppings that might've been baked into the bread.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Fun fact, white bread was originally invented as a health food. With white bread you could be sure that unscrupulous bakers weren't stretching their flour by adding sawdust, and it was easier to spot impurities like dead bugs or mouse droppings that might've been baked into the bread.

And now it's packed with high fructose corn syrup and basically tastes like eating a cupcake with chicken salad on it. I can't eat cheap white bread anymore. One of my old roommates always bought this whole grain bread from the bakery a few blocks away and now that I'm used to that trying to go back is gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Samuringa posted:

This is veering into Guy Goodbody's territory, but I thought it was legitimately humorous, regardless of the forums' animosity with eastern comics

Togashi Toshiro commentary on the Yu Yu Hakusho artbook

(Up to Down, Right to Left)

Which parts are the funny ones, the few I read are outrageously boring.