Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Why the hell did so many of you buy Metal Gear Survive

It's got metal gear in the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I don't like a lot of Steam's features, but they got me my refund in under an hour so that's actually pretty impressive.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Game of the month is Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology

The Fall 2 is a close second. Good month

my copy of Perfect Chronology showed up in the mail a day early today. Very exciting

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

my copy of Perfect Chronology showed up in the mail a day early today. Very exciting

Enjoy, you're in for a great time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

al-azad posted:

Actual Secret of Mana cutscene

Krissie: Who're you? Imperial spies?
Randi: Hardly!
Krissie: Jema told us about you! Welcome to the Resistance!
Randi: I'm Randi. How do you do?
Primm: Wow! You're... a WOMAN!!!
Kahl: Jealous?
Primm: Knock it off! I'm Dyluck's girl!
Krissie: You KNOW Dyluck?
Primm: Of course... why?
Krissie: A "Dyluck's" been draining people's energy at the ruins to the east.
Primm: Like in Pandora! but why's Dyluck...
Krissie: Something must be controlling him. We'll check on that.

*The Resistance proceeds to walk in circles*

Square must've been so embarrassed that 10 years later for Sword of Mana they said "Triple it. All the dialog, TRIPLE IT!"

I mean a lot of that was because Wolsey has 30 days to do the translation and had no access to the game's code so it had to fit into the text boxes without being able to alter their or the fonts size.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Internet Kraken posted:

Why the hell did so many of you buy Metal Gear Survive

I've been hearing it's pretty decent and I dgaf about gamer anti-Konami whatever so

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Saint Freak posted:

One of the reasons you can request a steam refund apparently is just "It's not fun".

I refunded Shadowgate(2014) using that reason and my explanation was "I'm too dumb for this game."

They accepted it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I haven't played Metal Gear Survive yet (And probably won't for a while because I'm in Witcher 3 land) but this is kind of funny.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Welcome to the healthclub janitorial staff gentlemen

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that roster is incredibly poorly organized

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

why is David "Major Tom "Major Zero "Zero "Cipher"""" Oh on the team..................

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean a lot of that was because Wolsey has 30 days to do the translation and had no access to the game's code so it had to fit into the text boxes without being able to alter their or the fonts size.

I'm usually a Woolsey apologist for this reason (and also because he had to satisfy Nintendo of America's censors), but good loving god the SoM translation is egregious.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I've been hearing it's pretty decent and I dgaf about gamer anti-Konami whatever so

It's weird how passionate some people are about that

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ceyton posted:

I'm usually a Woolsey apologist for this reason (and also because he had to satisfy Nintendo of America's censors), but good loving god the SoM translation is egregious.

in further fairness to woolsey, secret of mana's script was barebones and crap to begin with. if you've ever played a translation patch, well, you can barely tell the difference.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ceyton posted:

lol I'm probably his biggest critic around here but I tend to give SoM a pass

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

It's weird how passionate some people are about that

https://twitter.com/Ninjagaiden86/status/967006668788678657

al-azad
May 28, 2009

somewhere in Japan the president of Konami sneezes then goes back to counting his hundreds of millions.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
metal gear survive just seems bad nothing to do with kojima or whatever

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Doorknob Slobber posted:

metal gear survive just seems bad nothing to do with kojima or whatever

Accurate

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

unless he stole that copy that's just silly

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

homeless snail posted:

According to the embarrassing comment thread there a friend gifted him the game which is arguably worse.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://vgy.me/WdFW4k.webm

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

And even if he stole it he just ripped off the retailer. Konami already got their money once it leaves shipping.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

al-azad posted:

And even if he stole it he just ripped off the retailer. Konami already got their money once it leaves shipping.
you have to find your victories where you can IMO

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

GUI posted:

According to the embarrassing comment thread there a friend gifted him the game which is arguably worse.

better hope that friend doesnt know his twitter i guess

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there is no way that guy didnt yell at his friend for five minutes about daring to gift him the anti-kojima game

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Now I'm wondering if there's a polar opposite, some dude who angrily bought 5 copies of MGSurvive to own the gamers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Enjoy, you're in for a great time

Which mode do you think is better, Original or Append. I like the idea of the integrated new story but idk.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Which mode do you think is better, Original or Append. I like the idea of the integrated new story but idk.

Just do the combined thing, all it means is that throughout you've got the additional quests built in, it doesn't significantly change the original story until the ending. If you do it afterwards it just means you have to do a bunch of disconnected quests before you can get to the continued story.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Samuringa posted:

Now I'm wondering if there's a polar opposite, some dude who angrily bought 5 copies of MGSurvive to own the gamers.

Instead of a broken disk, a broken person

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Speaking of XCOMlikes, apparently this Invisible Inc.-like looks neat?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zc77HwYflI

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Oh hey that's that osamu tezuka three-eyed demon kid game right?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Just do the combined thing, all it means is that throughout you've got the additional quests built in, it doesn't significantly change the original story until the ending. If you do it afterwards it just means you have to do a bunch of disconnected quests before you can get to the continued story.

Cool. I'm about an hour in and still in the intro but I just made my first branching decision and it shows the Story flow with a 4/253 events and my brain started doing the galaxy expansion meme

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress em up Krillin gently caress em up

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Been replaying Mother 3 and man, it rules how much that game is a meditation on how greed corrupts absolutely and that capitalism is what ruins utopias. It's so intense a swerve from the past games and I love through that. Just a near constant tragedy where even the jokes are sad. Also it's mechanically better. You could critique this game to death, but it's such a cool and weird ride.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The saddest thing in Mother 3 is how they dump the elderly in a home because they’re no value to society but they’re not so evil as to euthanize them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

al-azad posted:

The saddest thing in Mother 3 is how they dump the elderly in a home because they’re no value to society but they’re not so evil as to euthanize them.

Isn't that what most people do in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Isn't that what most people do in real life

Exactly. Art imitating life is the saddest thing.

• Locked thread