Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
(gif usage is not role related)

Murmur Twin is no stranger to violence, and has no problem using it in the right circumstances. She woke up that day with an itch inside of her brain, and walked into town with that feeling now materializing inside of her gut. She rubbed her finger on the trigger for at least 10 minutes as she observed and listened to all of the conversations going on around her.

She knew.

Most of Westworld is scripted and designed from commands programmed into the Hosts. Quidthulhu seemed to be going off of those commands to God knows where, and had to pay with a shot to the head. (Assuming Murmur Twin has good intentions herself, maybe it was scripted for her to shoot Quidthulhu on Day 1 of a Westworld Mafia game.)

The bullets sprayed out of her shotgun and exploded into the face of Quidthulhu and time stopped for just a second. As it resumed, he merely shook it off, blood still splattered across his face with a bullet hole on the side of his head, and continued walking on his path to the bar.

Nobody died. The votes will not be reset and the day continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well MMT?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Brutal Cop? Why would you not save that?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
extremely intelligent mafia gameplay right here folks

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

Why would you jump to brutal cop over dayvig?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

merk posted:

Could you kindly enlighten me on how this makes you think it’s a brutal cop rather than a dayvig/bulletproof

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
No way, really?

I'm not going to fullclaim yet but I have a dayvig that kills humans and doesn't kill hosts. Quid is town.

I wanted to shoot someone who

(a) was probably scum, but
(b) if town, would be useful to have confirmed, and
(c) is someone I have trouble reading

I really did think that Quid was scum, but I figured worst case scenario is that he's confirmed town (at least to me) and I could move on and look for stronger suspects. I also considered Merk, Lumpen, and KB but of the four thought Quid was most likely to be scum.

I thought about a whole bunch of ways to play this (like asking everyone to name their top three scumreads) but ehhhh I hate organizing stuff like that. If people think I'm lying or played that scummy, feel free to call me out on it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

merk posted:

can someone explain what a brutal cop is? this is the second time I've seen that term and still dont know what it means. google yields no helpful results. thanks

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
whoops nvm, just read mmts post. should have hit refresh first

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

I'm not a big planner ahead-er and I don't like sitting on stuff in a game where I might die n1.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
##vote Merk

How would you know before it was claimed unless you were a rolecop?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

HiipFire posted:

extremely intelligent mafia gameplay right here folks

##vote Hiipfire

He's posting in the thread but has zero content.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

A dumb thing is happening right now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

50 pounds of bread posted:

A dumb thing is happening right now.

:350:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Hiipfire

You are 0/2

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also for what it's worth, my role isn't called "brutal cop" and until Merk mentioned it I had forgotten that it was a thing.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
If MMT's shot doesn't kill Town I can see why she'd feel free to use it so blatantly. The thing I'm having a hard time with is why she thought Quid was scummy in the first place. Quid's play has seemed like their standard town play to me.

If Quid comes back and claims bulletproof I think MMT will be a good vote, but aside from that I'm not sure what to think. If MMT is to be believed then Quid is effectively confirmed town.

MMT what was it that made you so sure that Quid was scum?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Hiipfire

extremely questionable decision making exhibited here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Tolly can't have anything to say that's damning.

I'm town, so a N0 cop claim would quickly be revealed as a terrible scum gambit as soon as I flip.

She can't have seen me do anything N0, since I have no N0 action.

She can claim that I'm playing the same way here as I did the last game (where we were scum together) but that's a meta argument and also wrong.

I don't really like when anyone feels the need to offer (multiple!) defenses before the case/claim has even been made. It would have been better (but still kinda bad) to just have said "Tolly can't have anything on me" but feeling the need to preemptively offer defenses for any possibility screams self-conscious.

##vote Tobbs

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm out of the loop, being told I'm wrong a lot, and not killing anyone. It's like I never left Shine V! :j: :eng99:

##unvote - I feel like there's something I'm missing here but am willing to not worry about that for now?

I guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

No way, really?

I'm not going to fullclaim yet but I have a dayvig that kills humans and doesn't kill hosts. Quid is town.

I wanted to shoot someone who

(a) was probably scum, but
(b) if town, would be useful to have confirmed, and
(c) is someone I have trouble reading

I really did think that Quid was scum, but I figured worst case scenario is that he's confirmed town (at least to me) and I could move on and look for stronger suspects. I also considered Merk, Lumpen, and KB but of the four thought Quid was most likely to be scum.

I thought about a whole bunch of ways to play this (like asking everyone to name their top three scumreads) but ehhhh I hate organizing stuff like that. If people think I'm lying or played that scummy, feel free to call me out on it.

I believe you MMT

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dead Cow posted:

Could you kindly enlighten me on how this makes you think it’s a brutal cop rather than a dayvig/bulletproof

Did you read the flavor? Seemed obvious.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't really like when anyone feels the need to offer (multiple!) defenses before the case/claim has even been made. It would have been better (but still kinda bad) to just have said "Tolly can't have anything on me" but feeling the need to preemptively offer defenses for any possibility screams self-conscious.

##vote Tobbs

Yeah, I'll just not defend myself against baseless accusations because that's the town thing to do.

I figured I'd nip it in the bud and let everyone know that there aren't going to be any revelations.

There can't be any, unless those revelations are that I'm town.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also a little odd that Hal's jumping on after I called out Tolly, who hasn't felt that it's necessary or useful to respond.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Merk

How would you know before it was claimed unless you were a rolecop?

I learned to read in kindergarten and learned logic in high school.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

quote:

The bullets sprayed out of her shotgun and exploded into the face of Quidthulhu and time stopped for just a second. As it resumed, he merely shook it off, blood still splattered across his face with a bullet hole on the side of his head, and continued walking on his path to the bar.

Read that a couple times. Maybe twenty times if you don’t get it.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Tolly said she would explain her in thread based case when she got home and I'm still waiting to hear it. No idea what the timetable on her getting home is, though.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Lando131 posted:

Tolly said she would explain her in thread based case when she got home and I'm still waiting to hear it. No idea what the timetable on her getting home is, though.

Mafia edit: In thread based reasons, rather. She said before it wasn't a case, unless it's evolved since then.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
DGK can’t believe that vote. That’s some fake content right there, cuties. He’s probably #2 now for me.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

MMT, does your role say it doesn’t kill Hosts, or it doesn’t kill Host-aligned, specifically?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

##unvote my quid joke vote from the beginning

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm out of the loop, being told I'm wrong a lot, and not killing anyone. It's like I never left Shine V! :j: :eng99:

##unvote - I feel like there's something I'm missing here but am willing to not worry about that for now?

I guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

I really don't like this unvote, it speaks of being very self conscious about how her reads are be interpreted. If your gut feeling or case was that strong having it cave under so little pressure is dubious.

I think it's scummy, but I'm trying to wrap my head around why scum would have an ability like MMT just used. I want to hear if Quid has any feedback or possible counterclaim to why he'd survive getting shot in the head even more now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lando131 posted:

I really don't like this unvote, it speaks of being very self conscious about how her reads are be interpreted. If your gut feeling or case was that strong having it cave under so little pressure is dubious.

I think it's scummy, but I'm trying to wrap my head around why scum would have an ability like MMT just used. I want to hear if Quid has any feedback or possible counterclaim to why he'd survive getting shot in the head even more now.

It's highly unlikely scum would have an ability like that.

Quid doesn't need to claim anything. Hell, even the flavor points strongly to him being a host.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

merk posted:

DGK can’t believe that vote. That’s some fake content right there, cuties. He’s probably #2 now for me.

I just don't see how it couldn't be a vig vs bp, until it was clarified. My vote on you is moot right now. When I'm not on my phone I'll reread.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

You’re making an assumption that all hosts are Host Aligned

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm sticking with my vote.

I also find it hard to believe DBD would put in a role that could potentially mod confirm two people D1.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Lando131 posted:

If MMT's shot doesn't kill Town I can see why she'd feel free to use it so blatantly. The thing I'm having a hard time with is why she thought Quid was scummy in the first place. Quid's play has seemed like their standard town play to me.

If Quid comes back and claims bulletproof I think MMT will be a good vote, but aside from that I'm not sure what to think. If MMT is to be believed then Quid is effectively confirmed town.

MMT what was it that made you so sure that Quid was scum?

I covered it in the post where I shot him (his "is Tolly new?" felt fake) but will freely acknowledge that a lot of it was a meta/gut read. I didn't think he sounded like he was coming from a "hunting for scum" place.

I wouldn't so much say that I was "so sure" he was scum, it's more that I was suspicious of Quid and figured worst case scenario, I confirm him as town. Full disclosure: part of my thought process involved knowing that Quid has been getting frustrated with Mafia lately, so I figured I'd give him the gift of either being confirmed or not having to scum. Admittedly, I thought it was going to be the latter.

If I didn't fire it today, then (a) I risk being nk'ed n1 and not being able to use it and (b) then I'd probably have spent the next 3 pages obnoxiously slapfighting with him and I figured sparing the thread that was pro-town :j:

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

That's exactly why I want to hear from Quid. It comes down to a matter of whether we trust MMT's claim or not.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

MMT please if you would, answer my question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Nice. ##unvote