Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

Murmur Twin posted:

If I didn't fire it today, then (a) I risk being nk'ed n1 and not being able to use it and (b) then I'd probably have spent the next 3 pages obnoxiously slapfighting with him and I figured sparing the thread that was pro-town :j:

Okay that is something I actually believe. I've read more than a few slapfights involving either you or Quidthulu. Inclined to trust MMT now, unless Quid comes back with a BP claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's highly unlikely scum would have an ability like that.

Quid doesn't need to claim anything. Hell, even the flavor points strongly to him being a host.

^^^

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Hello everyone, is this thing on? I’m talking but no one seems to hear me

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Is it not generally assumed that flavor arguments are loving terrible anymore?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Dead Cow posted:

MMT, does your role say it doesn’t kill Hosts, or it doesn’t kill Host-aligned, specifically?

My shot doesn't kill Hosts, but it doesn't specifically say Host-aligned.

Hmmm that is potentially a good catch.

Dead Cow posted:

Hello everyone, is this thing on? I’m talking but no one seems to hear me

I took a time-out to eat lunch, sorry!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
On a re-read, my shot doesn't kill hosts, but can kill humans. I admittedly took it as a straightforward "live if town, die if scum".

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote quid

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

So you're betting on Quid as a scum aligned Host then? Why is this exactly?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok this is probably a mistake but I feel like it's worth mentioning because we're starting to get led down this path.

I am not a host, but I am Host Aligned. I'm assuming I'm not the only one, and that there are non-Host Aligned host characters.

ie Don't make flavour cases.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Flavor may or may not be important. Who knows? All roles have been randomized. Any "bad" person in Westworld could be town in this game, and vice versa.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

I still want to know why AA voted Quid, his first mention of him in this game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

What is even going on right now :psyduck:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

On a re-read, my shot doesn't kill hosts, but can kill humans. I admittedly took it as a straightforward "live if town, die if scum".

But it triggers off of alignment, right? Like, a scum aligned character who is a host would be Human aligned or whatever because that's a totally different faction.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I think it's time to ##vote AA

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't really get AA's vote on me at all. Like, the only thing that this doesn't clear me from is me being 3p, but even if that were the case, why would he be worrying about that?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't really get AA's vote on me at all. Like, the only thing that this doesn't clear me from is me being 3p, but even if that were the case, why would he be worrying about that?

Cuz he's scum, Quid.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Characters from the actual show that are hosts or human have literally no bearing on anything in the game, just so future posts don't get brought up about that.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

50 pounds of recap.

50 is injected with mystery something.

MMT is a flavor brutal cop.

Quid is a host.

Quid is therefore town, godfather or 3p.

MMT is either town or 3p, because that role doesn't make sense as scum if scum are primarily humans and town are primarily hosts.

Does it confirm them? No.

Does it make them far less likely to be baddies? Yes.

MMT and quid would both be terrible d1 lunches and anyone considering them should feel bad.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also presumably if I were Godfather I'd still be Human-Aligned and therefore would be dead now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah ok I guess that stuff makes sense ##unvote

MMT is more likely 3P. If her role specifically lets her kill Non-Hosts only, AND we know that there are Host aligned Humans (ie if she shot me I'd presumably die and I'm town), and we can assume there are Scum Aligned Hosts, her role doesn't make sense for Town OR Scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

I misunderstood something. I was taking family photos and didnt and read mmt follow up post.

##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I misunderstood something. I was taking family photos and didnt and read mmt follow up post.

##unvote

Kaaaaaaay

##unvote

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

Also presumably if I were Godfather I'd still be Human-Aligned and therefore would be dead now.

Disagree with this. The flavor is pretty clearly laid out to show that it wouldn't effect hosts.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That would mean it's purely a flavor gun and would be useless as a tool that gives information.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Characters from the actual show that are hosts or human have literally no bearing on anything in the game, just so future posts don't get brought up about that.

This is also what I missed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah ok I guess that stuff makes sense ##unvote

MMT is more likely 3P. If her role specifically lets her kill Non-Hosts only, AND we know that there are Host aligned Humans (ie if she shot me I'd presumably die and I'm town), and we can assume there are Scum Aligned Hosts, her role doesn't make sense for Town OR Scum.

what

Can we lynch this person, comrades?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
MMT: I can't post pics at work so please Google yourself "Tf2 demoman kaboom" and thats my reaction to you. Thanks. :)

Also I'm still not changing my vote cause I like to gather info on day 1.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

what

What can I clear up for you, merk?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

what

What DBD said is that flavor (character from the show) and alignment (human vs. Host) might not line up.

If RF is human-aligned, he's scum. I think he's saying he's host aligned but has a human character for flavor (since it was all randomized).

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I have missed a large part of the day that wasn't focused on me. I need to call out dgk on an inconsistency and will do so when I am back home.

Have to read up on some of these others, but I am also in agreement that RF is starting to look phony.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

That would mean it's purely a flavor gun and would be useless as a tool that gives information.

Are you trying to say you don't think host/human has bearing on alignment in a general sense?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

merk posted:

what

I mean it's not a bad post/theory.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It’s a “let’s learn nothing from what happened” attempt.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

50 pounds of bread posted:

Are you trying to say you don't think host/human has bearing on alignment in a general sense?

I think DBD himself has cleared this up

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

My interpretation of it is that hosts from the show may be humans in the game, and humans from the show may be hosts in the game. This would mean human aligned hosts would be godfathers, and host aligned humans would be millers.

I'm not sure how mmt's ability makes sense otherwise.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

So RF has effectively claimed miller in the thread, and the only way quid could be human aligned is if he is a godfather.

Is anyone else following, or am I just a crazy man?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

My interpretation of it is that hosts from the show may be humans in the game, and humans from the show may be hosts in the game. This would mean human aligned hosts would be godfathers, and host aligned humans would be millers.

I'm not sure how mmt's ability makes sense otherwise.

Man, and I thought I lived in tinfoil territory. It's too speculative imo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

So RF has effectively claimed miller in the thread, and the only way quid could be human aligned is if he is a godfather.

Is anyone else following, or am I just a crazy man?

Ah poo poo.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Ok, I’m good with that clarification then. Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I need to start reading this thread better, so far all I've done is speculate on whether I'm going to die or not.

• Locked thread