Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Of course the mad person is a (presumably) male with an Alexa Bliss avatar lol

And a banner image that seems to be Liv photoshopped with the Smackdown title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Alex Jones posted:

And now they're putting chemicals in the stables, and turning the freakin' wrestlers gay!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Rovert can attest to it, but Impact (read: TNAMecca) fans are real mad that Io Shirai may not be signing with/joining Impact. He tweeted about it yesterday after the report came out that Io is turning down ROH/WOH in hopes of WWE signing her. That made TNAMecca really angry at him, and anyone who tweeted that Io shouldn't join Impact. Just a sample tweet from a regular on Mecca:

https://twitter.com/Bloodreign75/status/966642460532277253

Please note: If there was any hope of Io Shirai coming to TNA, its pretty much gone now, considering they are way behind on pay again, and are incredibly strapped for cash.

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/967042767082934272

Bloodreign75 has the potential to be the new Nom.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 24, 2018

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't watch TNA and i don't super know who Io Shirai is but I think its funny that the guy from the dead cancer liars forum hates rovert enough to say all that stuff. Thanks for reading this post.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Of course the mad person is a (presumably) male with an Alexa Bliss avatar lol

you got it! also the profile banner. but also, this:

https://twitter.com/Heel4Lif3/status/967097793193025536

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't watch TNA and i don't super know who Io Shirai is but I think its funny that the guy from the dead cancer liars forum hates rovert enough to say all that stuff. Thanks for reading this post.

Io Shirai is widely considered to be the top female wrestler in the world. She almost joined WWE last year, but they passed on her due to medical reasons (apparently it was heart related, the neck injury has since been rehabbed and it didn't require surgery.). She's trying to get into WWE again (it's pretty much her lifelong dream), presumably because she has a way to treat her heart condition. She isn't taking bookings in the US in order to keep her exposure to a minimum over here, since apparently WWE doesn't like it when you work for other companies (ROH, Impact) when you are actively seeking out a contract with them.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 24, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
And you have IMPACT's history of treating Japanese Wrestlers badly.

Also, IMPACT's TV is very talk and character based.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

coconono posted:

Ryback's just sad because he can't get fuckin booked, his podcast is tedious verbal effluvia and he's so loving dumb he gets confounded by a drat Panera menu.

What's this Panera thing about?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dexie posted:

What's this Panera thing about?

Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes took Ryback to a Panera. A man of his size needs a lot of protein. A man of his intellect orders 10 chicken Caesar salads instead of just asking for extra chicken.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes took Ryback to a Panera. A man of his size needs a lot of protein. A man of his intellect orders 10 chicken Caesar salads instead of just asking for extra chicken.

I believe he also claimed Bryan and Cody were bullying him by sharing this story.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
The funniest thing about Ryback is that he talked a lot of poo poo about CM Punk and then became CM Punk But Way Dumber

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I could easily see Ryback going 0-0-1 in RIZIN.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coconono posted:

I could easily see Ryback going 0-0-1 in RIZIN.

Bobby Lashley vs. Ryback in Bellator, make it happen

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So someone posted a thread on Wrestle Forum about the whole Kairi getting racial chants directed at her. Naturally the thread was mostly terrible (there were a few replies of sympathy, but they were generally followed up with calling people snowflakes or sjws). However one guy stood out to me in particular. His name? TheConnor. So I dug into his posts on the site and oh boy he's a spring of incredibly lovely opinions.

Misogyny, check.

Racism, check.

(Because Roman is Samoan, he must be a monkey.)

Someone told him to gently caress off in a thread that he made insulting Roman Reigns and his fans:

Overall hostile/resorting to middle school level insults, check.

The rest of his posts are very much alt-right related, so I won't be getting into those. But I can presume he's a giant piece of poo poo irl as well.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 25, 2018

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Why are they slut shaming Kairi, who seems are far removed from sexualization as a pirate lady can be?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Why are they slut shaming Kairi, who seems are far removed from sexualization as a pirate lady can be?

From their perspective, a slut's the worst thing you can be. If you're familiar with the incel subculture, it'll click into place.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Who the hell could think anything negative about Kairi? She's a cute Japanese woman who dresses like a pirate and has the best elbow drop ever. What in the world is there to hate?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think it has to do with that she takes a lot of photos with fans and coworkers, so these idiots assume she's sleeping around with people like Mojo Rawley, Shane Thorne, etc (basically any male coworker she takes a picture with). Incels are dumb. It doesn't help that the rumor supposedly started on 4chan's /asp/ board.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Triple H is a starfucker who always goes after the champs.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Does /asp/ stand for Asperger's like I'm pretty sure it does

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RZApublican posted:

Does /asp/ stand for Asperger's like I'm pretty sure it does

Alt.slutty.pirates

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh, so they're just mad because she's not sleeping with them. Got it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Who the hell could think anything negative about Kairi? She's a cute Japanese woman who dresses like a pirate and has the best elbow drop ever

mines better

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh, so they're just mad because she's not sleeping with them. Got it.

There's a reason why people like Kairi and Asuka keep their personal lives almost entirely under wraps. This is one of them. These people assume because Kairi and Asuka are Japanese they need to be pure and never date anyone ever. It's idol culture at its worst. It's also bad in Japan where if you are a prominent female entertainer and you have a boyfriend/husband, that's pretty much the kiss of death for your career. People project that on them by default.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I for one am shocked that people who unironically identify as "involuntary celibacy" might have toxic opinions on women wrestlers

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

I for one am shocked that people who unironically identify as "involuntary celibacy" might have toxic opinions on women wrestlers

Oh this guy never said he was an incel, but all the signs are in place.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

oatgan posted:

mines better

Prove it

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
lovely men tend to just think all women are whores

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think the most depressing part about that entire thing is that the kid is only 17 or 18. He lamented in another post about not being able to buy a Wrestlemania Travel Package (despite making GBS threads on the company in every other thread). The fact that he already has these views at that age disheartens me. I've been taught tolerance and acceptance growing up, but apparently the younger generations aren't being taught that. :smith:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

I think the most depressing part about that entire thing is that the kid is only 17 or 18. He lamented in another post about not being able to buy a Wrestlemania Travel Package (despite making GBS threads on the company in every other thread). The fact that he already has these views at that age disheartens me. I've been taught tolerance and acceptance growing up, but apparently the younger generations aren't being taught that. :smith:

I like to think of it as having lots of time left for him to become a better person

at least, that's what I tell myself...

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatansOnion posted:

I like to think of it as having lots of time left for him to become a better person

at least, that's what I tell myself...

yeah, I know of people who've had lovely views like this in their teens who've turned it around and realised that their opinions were horrible. People who think like this in their 20s and 30s, not so much.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

tbh Gamergate radicalised a lot of them. Impressionable, angsty youths without much capacity for critical thinking are easily moulded, and since a lot of geeky (mainly cishet male) teens these days came into their adolescence around Gamergate and the rise of Trump, I’m willing to bet this influenced their views on wrestling.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I agree, hardcore fans calling women sluts is a new thing, and definitely not a thing hardcore crowds did before Trump and Gamergate.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
you're right, there are lots of sources for people to learn shithead behavior, and they're right that there are more nowadays than ever, everybody's right except the far right

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

(Pushes up glasses) they're actually mad because she's stealing Act Yasukawa's old gimmick

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I never thought about the overlap of incels and wrestling fans and now I need a whole lot more of that insanity posted here

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I dunno, seems pretty obvious to me. You get a lot of hot girls in tight, skimpy outfits mud wrestling and slap fighting for your entertainment. Then they start having actual fights, gimmicks, and storylines like people, not barbie dolls? Bridge way too far.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I agree, hardcore fans calling women sluts is a new thing, and definitely not a thing hardcore crowds did before Trump and Gamergate.

Remember when Kip James called Christy Hemme a slut and got a huge babyface pop

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The average teen does not know what gamergate was

I'm not even sure I do

I was a teen when the internet was reasonably new and you were kind of a nerd if you used it much, and everyone still called people sluts and fags

Young people are stupid assholes. Always have been, always will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The average teen does not know what gamergate was

I'm not even sure I do

I was a teen when the internet was reasonably new and you were kind of a nerd if you used it much, and everyone still called people sluts and fags

Young people are stupid assholes. Always have been, always will be.

But these people are in their 30s...