Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

50 pounds of bread posted:

So RF has effectively claimed miller in the thread, and the only way quid could be human aligned is if he is a godfather.

Is anyone else following, or am I just a crazy man?

You’re crazy, dbd clarified that just because your dude may be a human in the show, it’s not in game if you are host aligned

Quid could still be godfather but rf didn’t claim miller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

So RF has effectively claimed miller in the thread, and the only way quid could be human aligned is if he is a godfather.

I think thats a bit too deep. Maybe theres just another layer.

So there's: Town vs Mafia vs 3rd Party on standard.

And then there's: Human or Host on another.

So you can have a Town Human or a Town Host.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah ok I guess that stuff makes sense ##unvote

MMT is more likely 3P. If her role specifically lets her kill Non-Hosts only, AND we know that there are Host aligned Humans (ie if she shot me I'd presumably die and I'm town), and we can assume there are Scum Aligned Hosts, her role doesn't make sense for Town OR Scum.

This isn't RF saying they are a host-aligned human?

RF clarify, is your character a human in the show but you are a host in game?

Or are you a host-aligned human in game?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

I think thats a bit too deep. Maybe theres just another layer.

So there's: Town vs Mafia vs 3rd Party on standard.

And then there's: Human or Host on another.

So you can have a Town Human or a Town Host.

Okay, but so far the cop ability we have seen looks for human or host. This would make any human that is host-aligned effectively a miller to MMT's ability.

I feel like this is clearly the most likely thing here.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Wait no scrap that idea I've read up and seen Dads post.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I love tinfoil, I live there, but you're in like the tinfoil badlands so I'll leave it to you lol

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I will succinctly put the assumption I am playing this game under right here.

What your character is in the show human/host is irrelevant.

Whether your character is a good or bad guy in the show is irrelevant.

In the GAME if your character is a human, you are either scum, 3p or miller.

In the GAME if your character is a host, you are either town, 3p, or godfather.

Unless DBD or someone's role based ability contradicts this assessment I will be taking this as gospel.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
The multi layer idea is pretty great for a future game though. You guys can use it I just expect royalties

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Okay, but so far the cop ability we have seen looks for human or host. This would make any human that is host-aligned effectively a miller to MMT's ability.

I feel like this is clearly the most likely thing here.

Pretty sure that's wrong.

You could be, say, Anthony Hopkins in game and be a Host. Nowhere would it state that you're human. Host and Human are explicitly alignments.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'd really like RF to confirm if his role pm states if he is a host-aligned human or not.

If he is assuming he is human because of flavor reasons, it makes my assessment less accurate. If his PM states he is a human that is host-aligned, it all but confirms my assessment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

No! We learn NOTHING from what happened!!! Disregard it!!!! -RF

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I may or may not have gotten sucked into watching actual Westworld because of this game :ohdear: I'm probably going to sleep soon but will be around more tomorrow.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I misunderstood something. I was taking family photos and didnt and read mmt follow up post.

##unvote

What exactly was your thought process behind the vote? I'm trying to follow along what misunderstanding prompted it and it's not coming to me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I'd really like RF to confirm if his role pm states if he is a host-aligned human or not.

If he is assuming he is human because of flavor reasons, it makes my assessment less accurate. If his PM states he is a human that is host-aligned, it all but confirms my assessment.

This doesn't even make sense.

"You are a Westworld Host-aligned (role) (Town)."

Human isn't a role.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Human isn't a role.

You are not good at this thinking thing are you?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Being someone who has never watched the show with out googling my character I'd never know if I'm a robot or not. Considering that's the show right? Who's human and who's a robot. Also AI sentience iirc?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Human isn't a role.

For example the role could be miller, and the descriptive flavor could mention that they are a human who sympathizes with the hosts.

Why is this hard?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

You are not good at this thinking thing are you?

Are you asking RF if he's a Westworld-aligned Miller?

Because you could be a Westworld-aligned Miller...and be a Host from the show.

Unless you think RF scumclaimed this whole line of questioning is meaningless.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Characters from the actual show that are hosts or human have literally no bearing on anything in the game, just so future posts don't get brought up about that.

For example the role could be miller, and the descriptive flavor could mention that they are a human who sympathizes with the hosts.

Why is this hard?

Did you miss this or what?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I want to know if he claimed miller, yes.

No it doesn't make me think he is scum. D1 miller claims are good things. Clarification is good.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Did you miss this or what?

No, that is pretty clearly hinting towards the fact that humans from the show can be hosts in the game and vice versa.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok this is probably a mistake but I feel like it's worth mentioning because we're starting to get led down this path.

I am not a host, but I am Host Aligned. I'm assuming I'm not the only one, and that there are non-Host Aligned host characters.

ie Don't make flavour cases.

He's saying right here that he's host-aligned, and not claiming Miller.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also, I believe that what DBD is saying is that in this game,

"hosts" = "Hosts aligned = town
"humans" = Human aligned = scum

So if we're a character who is a human being in the show but Host-aligned, for the purposes of the game they would be a host. Also, this is what RF is claiming. Cool.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

I may or may not have gotten sucked into watching actual Westworld because of this game :ohdear: I'm probably going to sleep soon but will be around more tomorrow.

What exactly was your thought process behind the vote? I'm trying to follow along what misunderstanding prompted it and it's not coming to me.

I thought if he a bullet didn't work on him he had to be non-host aligned, but he may be human host-aligned or 3p human. I hadn't read your post yet.

I figured he wasn't town for flavor reasons

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Is he saying his character is not a host in the game? Or is he saying that his character is not a host in the show.

This is the discrepancy I am trying to uncover.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I want to know if he claimed miller, yes.

No it doesn't make me think he is scum. D1 miller claims are good things. Clarification is good.

##vote 50

I encourage people to read through his post history and do a mental count of the actual amount of cases/alignment calls.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

So if we're a character who is a human being in the show but Host-aligned, for the purposes of the game they would be a host. Also, this is what RF is claiming. Cool.

Right, but he seems to think your move would have killed him, which makes me think he is saying he is a host-aligned human in game.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote 50

I encourage people to read through his post history and do a mental count of the actual amount of cases/alignment calls.

Yeah, I already called myself out for that.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote 50

But I mean, if you think mystery injection isn't a likely scum ability then go ahead.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote 50

The answer is 2 btw, I have said I don't think either you or quid are scum, because of your ability.

RF is likely town if he is indeed claiming miller.

I need to reread in order to make scum accusations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This isn't RF saying they are a host-aligned human?

RF clarify, is your character a human in the show but you are a host in game?

Or are you a host-aligned human in game?

I guess the former. Like there's nothing in my PM about me being explicitly human, but unless DBD has top secret S2 information the character I am is a human. I am not a miller.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean I guess I'm sort of like a miller if there's a flavour-cop, which is sounds like isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility, but there's no mention of anything like that in my PM

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Okay, thank you for clarification.

If you could clarify with DBD that you are a host that would be helpful.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

I don't think this is at all what dbd was saying....

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

This argument makes my head hurt and I also don't think it's productive to finding scum :psyduck:

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I think AA and DGK are the best choices for scum.

RF pinged me, but his posts regarding the argument regarding host/human alignment shenanigans make me think otherwise. Same with Tobbs.

Lumpen is town.

I wouldn't vote for Tobbs, RF, MMT, lumpen or Quid today.

I would vote AA and DGK.

Everyone else is off the radar, but would vote to avoid no lynch.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Again, and I can't clear this up any easier than this: Humans or hosts in the ~real life show~ have zero to do with your actual actual alignment in the game.

A Human, flavorwise in this game, is scum or 3P.

A Host, flavorwise in this game, is town.

Other speculations regarding receiving said results or anything like that is fair play to openly discuss and think about, but just making it clear about hosts/humans. Purely a substitute for town and scum/3P to fit in with the flavor of the game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I think AA and DGK are the best choices for scum.

RF pinged me, but his posts regarding the argument regarding host/human alignment shenanigans make me think otherwise. Same with Tobbs.

Lumpen is town.

I wouldn't vote for Tobbs, RF, MMT, lumpen or Quid today.

I would vote AA and DGK.

Everyone else is off the radar, but would vote to avoid no lynch.

Tell me in your own words and casing why. That seems loaded with no explanation. You thin k dgk was bussing me??? Because it didn't feel like that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Can you go into detail on this?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
really starting to get suspicious of 50. i don't believe his "mystery injection" claim. calling bullshit on that. he's pulled similar gambit poo poo before in previous games and i fell for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

Can you go into detail on this?

Gladly. RF's MMT vote was very bad. Scummy even. The claimed daytime brutal cop is an obviously town role which is easily provable. Questioning that role on d1 is insanely bad, and something scum may be interested in doing.

However the misunderstanding regarding his character being a human in the show and a host in game and what that meant as far as to the nature of his perception about MMT's role comes across as honest. I would be highly surprised if someone who was scum would come out and say what he did.

The way tobbs came across about lando also was odd to me. I didn't like his meta assumption, and accusation of coaching/stalkering. This kind of case is extremely easy to fake as scum. However the dialogue they had with me also came across as genuine. I highly doubt that tobbs is either a miller or human aligned.

• Locked thread