Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Atomic Soda posted:

##vote dead cows

Hi hello yes, could you give your opinion on someone other than me? This is two days in a row that you've opened with voting me, your case on me is weak at best. You are starting to seem like scum who is taking an easy vote read.

Atomic Soda posted:

dead cows looks p bad imo, that post was super awkward. the juchero case looks good but i have a niggle that he often plays similarly?

ngo is still on my scum list keen to hear what token female has to say, he posts alot but mostly about aliens (maybe we're in an alien dimension...)

im not sure about 50, i looked at the fate mafia and he did something similar re: the lies. n20s role op so still suss, tho posting has improved (or changed up) and

leaning town on bif.

id love company on the walk home today

why this assumption?

This post is scummy. If I'm "pretty bad" but NGO is scum, then why aren't you voting NGO at all. This looks like it has the potential to be a bus.
Waffling on 50 and n20 sounds like you know that you'd end up voting one of them if it came down to it. Telling bif you think he's town sounds like you have knowledge of bif's alignment and are trying to persuade him to not look at you closely.

I would vote you or NGO today, I have a stronger feeling about NGO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow, what do you think of the suspects from Asiina's list? Do you agree with them, particularly her strongest read on Cat, and which ones do you find the most scummy? Who from her list would you vote for? Do you think Atomic and NGO are both scummier?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Bifauxnen posted:

Dead Cow, what do you think of the suspects from Asiina's list? Do you agree with them, particularly her strongest read on Cat, and which ones do you find the most scummy? Who from her list would you vote for? Do you think Atomic and NGO are both scummier?

The read seems good, and since we haven’t found any scum yet I could see almost everyone on her list to be suspected. I would vote Cat based on Asiina’s read, I also still have a nagging feeling about Sal, the same one I’ve had pretty much all game. I’m trying to make my own cases which is why I went ahead and did a look at Atomic instead of just saying, yup sounds good and voting for cat. Scummier? More like as scummy as.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes, I would like opinions on my cases.

I'm still waiting on Sal to actually produce what he's said he's going to, a promise he's made several times now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Asiina posted:

Yes, I would like opinions on my cases.

I'm still waiting on Sal to actually produce what he's said he's going to, a promise he's made several times now.

I'm actually just about to post one :) I'm about 2 minutes from finishing it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dead Cow posted:

The read seems good, and since we haven’t found any scum yet I could see almost everyone on her list to be suspected. I would vote Cat based on Asiina’s read, I also still have a nagging feeling about Sal, the same one I’ve had pretty much all game. I’m trying to make my own cases which is why I went ahead and did a look at Atomic instead of just saying, yup sounds good and voting for cat. Scummier? More like as scummy as.

I'll be honest Dead Cow I'm officially over casing you. I seriously feel like casing you is turning into a town fight.

There has been one person that I felt was flying under the radar, but then they posted this and it got me all a tizzy:

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote Juchero I thought Tokes' case against Juchero was good and beyond that I think his fixation on 50 for three days now is scummy.

I have a town read on Dead Cow, remember her being a lot lurkier as scum. Bif's push on her is basically an OMGUS to a very light calling out, beyond that I fail to see why "scum may have known about postcount mechanics" is at all an unreasonable opinion in this game.

For some reason this post just really set me off (as well as a few others). But lets look at TNLs post history shall we?
Thread 1 -
Uses ##Vote instead of ##nominate to "nominate" Kash for class President. This was a theme that happened a lot on Day 1. I think Scum could've potentially been trying to use this to actually cuddle someone and not nominate them (just a theory)

The Ninth Layer posted:

##nominate Gulag I like his taste in jrpg's

Later he correctly nominates Gulag while not moving his vote off of Kash even though Kash was at like -4 at this point on Day 1 while we were still decidedly in Jokephase

The Ninth Layer posted:

I agree, let's joke bandwagon Kashuno instead.

You and the rest of the thread are already doing it.

The Ninth Layer posted:

##nominate Gulag still don't know if this president thing is a big joke or not.

A second nomination for Gulag (just to make sure that his vote was heard), but then follows it up with "I don't know if this president thing is a joke or not" when Pera told us to do it. I don't think she is going to gently caress with us and have us waste the first day on a joke.

The Ninth Layer posted:

How so? There are way more town players than scum players, good play is easier to identify than deceptive play.

Also the nomination process gives us opportunities to talk about the merits of individual players and abstaining from that discussion is scummy.

This was another post that pinged me pretty hard. It's hard on D1 to discuss merits at all since there is a high volume of posts and it can be a little tough to discern fact from fiction. TNL is also the first person to throw out "A no vote is scummy". I will be honest despite feeling that same way it's been used against me, so I feel it's fair to use it against TNL here.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Sal hasn't stuck out to me much, I would vote to prevent a no lynch.

I'm probably going to miss deadline today.

While I get this post (and the potential vote) I hate votes that are "Well I don't want to vote for said person but I will." I was in a situation where it was me and Nat20. I don't want to vote for Nat20 but when it looked like it was him or I you better believe I would do anything to survive. However drive by 3rd party votes like this...eh eh I don't like that at loving all. And considering that we got a SK cuddled that night I would say it was worth the change to JJ (yes Asiina I know you said that I would say this, but the point stands.)

The Ninth Layer posted:

Meh ##vote 50 pounds of bread sorry buddy but I don't see the lynch all liars arguments going away anytime soon.

Another "Bro I'm sorry vote." Like I said above if the only two choices were 50 and TNL I could see these votes being made, but he's not even in the mix. He has a chance to defend 50 and he isn't. Anyone can flip a vote, I mean gently caress I was able to help flip a vote on D2 when I was like -3. If you put forth a compelling case anything can happen.

And if you are going to hold lack of casing against me, it better apply to TNL as well because there has been no casing at all done by him.

And of course the most scummy post out of everything:

The Ninth Layer posted:

The only animes I watch are DBZ, hunter x hunter, and all the yu gi ohs.

Doesn't watch anime but is playing in an anime based game!!!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
asiina's case seems to boil down almost exclusively to "why isn't cat posting reasoning to back up her opinions??" which is just like... ok, I'm still posting, I'm still offering opinions, I mainly work off gut instincts and just grinning at people till they get unnerved so that's not really... a thing that I do? I post votes, I state some opinions, but like... I don't just shout out everything I feel about everyone. sorry???

besides that, I think it's kind of disengenuous to ignore the thread at large by posting poo poo like "wow at least she's playing mafia halfway through day2!!" which... yeah, that's when almost the entire thread started playing the game instead of futzing around with elects.

other than that... saying I'm ok with votes and then going back to work isn't anything, it's just a lot of noise.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I was Vanilla Town in the first thread, but with the start of "Part 2" I got upgraded to a watcher. I watched GeneX (as he was a suspect of mine from the first thread). I wasn't sure if I could do both actions (walk home and track) so I went with the one I felt was safest (watching Gene).

then why did you ask who wanted to walk with you!!!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I could've frickin died

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I could've frickin died

fake walk asks in thread are our most powerful option against scum right now tbh

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

then why did you ask who wanted to walk with you!!!

I was hoping that by asking in public I would make myself less appealing! I'm sorry NGO! I was worried about being the only person walking home but I was excited to have an ability :-/

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I was Vanilla Town in the first thread, but with the start of "Part 2" I got upgraded to a watcher. I watched GeneX (as he was a suspect of mine from the first thread). I wasn't sure if I could do both actions (walk home and track) so I went with the one I felt was safest (watching Gene).

Oh hey Sal, maybe you shouldn't actually clear this up cause it's nice to keep scum guessing, but I do find it kind of weird you bothered to claim you got a power role but then not make it clear which role you're actually claiming. Particularly if you're a tracker, cause then you should probably give your results. (as opposed to a watcher who should usually NOT share results on someone not dead, cause you could be outing benevolent power roles)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

curiousCat posted:

asiina's case seems to boil down almost exclusively to "why isn't cat posting reasoning to back up her opinions??" which is just like... ok, I'm still posting, I'm still offering opinions, I mainly work off gut instincts and just grinning at people till they get unnerved so that's not really... a thing that I do? I post votes, I state some opinions, but like... I don't just shout out everything I feel about everyone. sorry???

besides that, I think it's kind of disengenuous to ignore the thread at large by posting poo poo like "wow at least she's playing mafia halfway through day2!!" which... yeah, that's when almost the entire thread started playing the game instead of futzing around with elects.

other than that... saying I'm ok with votes and then going back to work isn't anything, it's just a lot of noise.

I agree, you're posting is a lot of noise :v:

My case is that you aren't actually producing any content, and just because you defend that in a dismissive way doesn't make it not scummy. You've been voting without giving opinions.

I don't like how you act as if it's unreasonable to ask you to defend the opinions you hold and the votes you make because that's just not how you play.

And if you started actually playing mafia starting D2 this wouldn't be a problem, but my point is you make your first mafia related post half way through D2 and then follow it up with a whole lot of nothing.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hey guys, my style of mafia play is that I'm always town and you should never question me.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I’ve asked pera if she needs to replace me because I’m gonna be busy as hell for much of this week

So I’m not looking in depth at anyone/anything, and maybe the case on Cat is a lot more than this, but she is all about utterly refusing to elaborate on her reads and ignoring the game to try to win every single day election

That said she seemed a whole lot more communicative in shine v so maybe my meta read is outdated

Speaking of day elections, token female, any thoughts on the presidency?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Natural 20 posted:

Hey guys, my style of mafia play is that I'm always town and you should never question me.

I've tried that for so many games and it never seems to work even though it's true :(

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

no, that's me!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

GeneX posted:

I’ve asked pera if she needs to replace me because I’m gonna be busy as hell for much of this week

post 9 more times so your slot stays alive at least just in case

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think you made some good cases on Sal and Cat, they are both players who have been around all game without making any significant waves in conversations. My impression of Sal is that he's been roller blading his way in and out of the thread, I don't have any impression of Cat at all. Would vote either. BTW Cat did walk home with me last night.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
In the interest of making sure everyone’s clear on this, I did not walk with anyone last night and did not get bear’d

So whatever effect it has, it’s not as simple as “go alone and you die”

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I was hoping that by asking in public I would make myself less appealing! I'm sorry NGO! I was worried about being the only person walking home but I was excited to have an ability :-/

that's fine I don't fault you for using an ability but you should've said something

anyway, bullet dodged

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Also I’m not sure I believe sal’s claim because it appears that trackers flipped to watchers (and vice versa? Maybe? Vaguely recall that being claimed) not that VT got superpowered

I think it’s best to just leave this floating until/unless things get cleared up by pre-lynch claims because we don’t need even more people claiming PRs, but I wanted to get it out there

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Its a weird feeling about being right about somebody being town, just to have them get murdered.

As for people saying ive been mostly noise, i just follow my heart. And that heart is telling me Dead Cow is definetly scum.

Eargerly awaiting the results of TF's presidancy

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh hey Sal, maybe you shouldn't actually clear this up cause it's nice to keep scum guessing, but I do find it kind of weird you bothered to claim you got a power role but then not make it clear which role you're actually claiming. Particularly if you're a tracker, cause then you should probably give your results. (as opposed to a watcher who should usually NOT share results on someone not dead, cause you could be outing benevolent power roles)

Oh yeah also this, the ambiguity is weird and I don’t like it

(As an aside: don’t watch people you think are scummy, watch people you think are town. Do the opposite as a tracker.)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mafia edit: the ambiguity in the sal stuff bif is quoting, I mean

The swapping between claiming to be a tracker and a watcher

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Maybe I missed it but I thought I was clear on what I did

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

Maybe I missed it but I thought I was clear on what I did

To quote:

“I wasn't sure if I could do both actions (walk home and track) so I went with the one I felt was safest (watchingGene).”

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GeneX posted:

To quote:

“I wasn't sure if I could do both actions (walk home and track) so I went with the one I felt was safest (watchingGene).”

Track was a typo.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Nothing in this game has really grabbed me yet. There's been a lot of white noise posting in this game and there are still 8 or so players that have made almost no impression on me. The people who have made impressions on me have been town largely just for standing out. I have pretty strong town reads on Token Female and Asiina for example because when they've posted they've been high impact cases. Conversely I have almost no impression of Tired Moritz beyond that he's had some tiffs with Bif before, or NGO beyond that he's been joking around all game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

Track was a typo.

so you decided to watch someone you thought was scum, not someone you thought scum might kill?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

so you decided to watch someone you thought was scum, not someone you thought scum might kill?

I was hoping to watch him visit whoever was killed and catch him red handed. Admittedly I'm also not good at using these powers effectively (see FSN).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I was hoping to watch him visit whoever was killed and catch him red handed. Admittedly I'm also not good at using these powers effectively (see FSN).

hmmm.

people sometimes do mix up tracking and watching, but you WERE a tracker in that game. And I dont remember you being confused about how to use it then. Maybe confused about possible redirection or Tobbs' weird ability interacting with stuff, but not the tracking itself.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

hmmm.

people sometimes do mix up tracking and watching, but you WERE a tracker in that game. And I dont remember you being confused about how to use it then. Maybe confused about possible redirection or Tobbs' weird ability interacting with stuff, but not the tracking itself.

I picked poor targets to track (but also got redirected a few times).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I picked poor targets to track (but also got redirected a few times).

right, but you were still purposely trying to track them, to whoever they visited. Even if you dont think you chose the best targets, you didnt seem confused about why you were choosing them, or confused about what your ability actually meant.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

right, but you were still purposely trying to track them, to whoever they visited. Even if you dont think you chose the best targets, you didnt seem confused about why you were choosing them, or confused about what your ability actually meant.

Ya. I proudly watched GeneX. I'm not confused about what I did or who I watched

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

Ya. I proudly watched GeneX. I'm not confused about what I did or who I watched

then why did you say you wanted to watch him visit whoever he might be killing? That's not a watcher, that's a tracker.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

then why did you say you wanted to watch him visit whoever he might be killing? That's not a watcher, that's a tracker.

I guess I was confused on the difference between watching and tracking. I should've consulted the wiki.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

if this was anyone but Sal I'd be voting them right now, but this is just dumb enough to be a Sal thing and not scum tripping over their fakeclaim

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

if this was anyone but Sal I'd be voting them right now, but this is just dumb enough to be a Sal thing and not scum tripping over their fakeclaim

yeah, I had a feeling nothing would actually come out of trying to press it, but still had to give it a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
To clarify the above: I thought Watcher and Tracker were essentially the same role.

• Locked thread