Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Trastion posted:

I hope all you guys using these cards for cash back are actually paying off the balance each month otherwise your losing way more money to interest than you are getting back.

I thought that went without saying. All y’all need to check out GWM in BFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Hypnolobster posted:

Corporate nerds min maxing credit cards in one of the spergier sections of these Awful forums.

"There's nothing spergier than using a good cash back credit card when you buy things to save a lot of money"

- SA forums poster Hypolobas

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Trastion posted:

I hope all you guys using these cards for cash back are actually paying off the balance each month otherwise your losing way more money to interest than you are getting back.

lol

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Close thread, burn the heretics.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
One of my students told me that the moment she figured out I was cool and not scary was when I took her team to Costco for dinner after a competition. :3:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Taima posted:

"There's nothing spergier than using a good cash back credit card when you buy things to save a lot of money and browbeating others about your unfounded perception of thier credit card cash back strategies."

- SA forums Costco thread posters

FTFY.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

I was at costco today and there was a couple returning an opened bulk pack of toilet paper. I really wanted to ask about it but it would have been uncouth.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Got gas at Costco today. One of the food court workers just got off shift and was talking to his buddy who was just finishing up the gas station shift. The story I overheard was this: someone at the food court bought a slice of pepperoni pizza. After consuming the entire slice, with the exception of a single piece of the aforementioned pepperoni, the miscreant customer went to complain to the manager about the quality and size of the pizza and demanded a full refund. And, sadly, the manager granted the refund, in full. I get it’s policy but the abuse was shameful.

Turns out my Costco did get just a few ‘live’ Christmas trees returned in the few days after Christmas, all for full refunds, but according to the employees ‘hundreds.’

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Those sick fucks don't deserve a god drat thing. Costco should tear up their membership and ban them for life. Put them on some sort of watchlist.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

All of that is not above the usage of Kirkland Guillotines

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

DeesGrandpa posted:

I was at costco today and there was a couple returning an opened bulk pack of toilet paper. I really wanted to ask about it but it would have been uncouth.

If someone accidentally bought a case of the sandpaper industrial one ply I could totally understand returning it for some quality, picky anus approved KS toilet tissue.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Got gas at Costco today. One of the food court workers just got off shift and was talking to his buddy who was just finishing up the gas station shift. The story I overheard was this: someone at the food court bought a slice of pepperoni pizza. After consuming the entire slice, with the exception of a single piece of the aforementioned pepperoni, the miscreant customer went to complain to the manager about the quality and size of the pizza and demanded a full refund. And, sadly, the manager granted the refund, in full. I get it’s policy but the abuse was shameful.

Turns out my Costco did get just a few ‘live’ Christmas trees returned in the few days after Christmas, all for full refunds, but according to the employees ‘hundreds.’

:murder:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Some reasonable limits on returns would make me only embrace the mercy of the faith harder. Heretics and false apostles need to be stoned to death. PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

we need to create a costco templar order to right these wrongs

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

DeesGrandpa posted:

Toilet paper is a very personal experience and I don’t fault someone for wanting to “try before they buy”

I can’t stand the super soft toilet paper, it feel like I’m smearing my rear end on a pillow. I need paper that’s somewhere between a ream of copy paper and a hand filled with Jergens.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Every trip to get gas at Costco leaves me in despair for humanity. The majority of the time I will have pulled up, filled my vehicle, and started driving away before the guy next to me has started pumping gas, even though he was there before me. Yesterday when I went to fill up there were about 10 cars in line for the right-most pumps -- to the point they were backed out to the street. I went around them and the pump right beside them was empty. I can kind of understand if it's your first time at Costco that you don't realise the gas hose is long enough to reach the other side of your car so it doesn't matter what side your gas tank is on, but even after I demonstrated this fact by pulling the hose to the other side to fill it no one else in the huge line of waiting cars pulled in behind me.

Maybe those $1.50 hot dogs block higher brain functions.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If I had a smaller vehicle, I would.pull.the gas pump across the car from the other side. I have a big truck though, and the hose doesn't reach, walking around the long bed.

Also seconding, slow loving people. Sometimes it feels like I live in a world where everyone else is in slow motion.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

GORDON posted:

If I had a smaller vehicle, I would.pull.the gas pump across the car from the other side. I have a big truck though, and the hose doesn't reach, walking around the long bed.

Also seconding, slow loving people. Sometimes it feels like I live in a world where everyone else is in slow motion.

Few weeks ago I was next in line for the pump, and was stuck for a near eternity behind a man who filled up his car, then got two red gas cans out of his trunk, filled them up, then got TWO MORE out of his trunk, filled them up, and then got a fifth and final gas can out and filled that one up as well.

The forward pump was occupied by an Escalade driver who looked like she had never pumped her own gas before (Got out of car, stared at pump, got back into car for her purse, dug through purse to find credit card, couldn't get gas cap off, etc).

Luckily I had a food court smoothie in hand to keep me from losing my mind, PBUC.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My Costco rolled out the food court cheeseburger this week.

It was OK. Mcdonalds quality. Gonna stick with a dog or slice in the future.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
first thing I do when I get back to the states is hit up the dog and refill

I’m gonna get two dogs, one with ketchup for my childhood and on with onions mustard and relish for the passage into adulthood

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The take'n'bake chicken pot pie from Costco is disgusting as all hell and the amount of grease which foams on top of the crust is disgusting.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I zoom past the Costco gas station every week and pull into the Arco where I gladly pay an extra 4 cents a gallon to never deal with slowly dying, waiting 20 minutes to get gas

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Mods please stop these rampant hate crimes against the Church of Jelinek

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Five year old daughter took down the whole thing (don’t judge too much, she had oatmeal for breakfast and a sensible dinner!). Even pulled the Parmesan and red pepper addition.

:discourse:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Kinda looks like there's ketchup in there, which would be unfortunate

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

FCKGW posted:

I zoom past the Costco gas station every week and pull into the Arco where I gladly pay an extra 4 cents a gallon to never deal with slowly dying, waiting 20 minutes to get gas

Yeah but then you gotta pay 35 cents and you cant use a credit card for that sweet cash back!

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

Taima posted:

She is 5!!! (I was still a little ashamed).

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

:cmon:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Taima posted:

Ketchup belongs wit a hot dog.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Argyle posted:

Few weeks ago I was next in line for the pump, and was stuck for a near eternity behind a man who filled up his car, then got two red gas cans out of his trunk, filled them up, then got TWO MORE out of his trunk, filled them up, and then got a fifth and final gas can out and filled that one up as well.

The forward pump was occupied by an Escalade driver who looked like she had never pumped her own gas before (Got out of car, stared at pump, got back into car for her purse, dug through purse to find credit card, couldn't get gas cap off, etc).

Luckily I had a food court smoothie in hand to keep me from losing my mind, PBUC.

Sometimes I thank the universe for giving me so many opportunities to exercise, and strengthen, my capacity for patience.

PBU the 'Co..

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Ketchup on the dog, deli mustard on the polish. Kraut on everything.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Taima posted:

Only an rear end in a top hat cares how other people eat thier food.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

:thermidor: is too good for them - I highly recommend crucifixion instead.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Ultimate Mango posted:

Kraut on everything.

The Lord is powerful PBUC.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
On the topic of Costco gas. Ever notice that the Costco pumps seem to run a lot faster than your typical filling station pumps? I read somewhere it's because Costco changes the filters on the pumps twice as often as required, so it flows with less restriction and is cleaner as well.

PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
considering the volume they do im surprised its not even more often.

every time i go to get gas there i will see a tanker there, coming, or leaving.

they should just have direct lines to the refineries IMHO

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
They should have drive thru hot dogs

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

If Costco employees walked down the gas lines selling hot dogs like stadium vendors I would get gas every night.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wirth1000 posted:

The take'n'bake chicken pot pie from Costco is disgusting as all hell and the amount of grease which foams on top of the crust is disgusting.

chicken pot pie sucks in general so i don't know what you were expecting from british food

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I usually go to Costco on weeknights just before they close and the gas line isn't too bad then.

I went Saturday to get a few things I needed, and was going to get gas until I saw the line.

I'll get gas tomorrow when I go to Costco for the second time in a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

GORDON posted:

Just pull the house over the bed, that's what I do.