Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tolly Totes posted:

Let's focus our energy more positively!

Twin where are you at right now?

In my bed, trying and failing to go to sleep.

50 pounds of bread posted:

Respond to me. I'm in a turboposting kind of mood.

Tomorrow, definitely need to close the laptop soon. Did you ask me something that I missed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Murmur Twin posted:

Tomorrow, definitely need to close the laptop soon. Did you ask me something that I missed?

No, but before you mentioned that I hadn't made any reads I had called myself out on that, then proceeded to go back and give my in thread analysis, I want your opinions because your role lends to you being almost definitely town.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
##votecount

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

No, but before you mentioned that I hadn't made any reads I had called myself out on that, then proceeded to go back and give my in thread analysis, I want your opinions because your role lends to you being almost definitely town.

I'm willing to upgrade you to "null read" for now and will re-tackle this game tomorrow ##unvote

Oh for those who don't know, I work a graveyard shift and keep weird hours. I'm usually out in the evenings and most active in the mornings (PST).

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

Murmur Twin posted:

Goodnight. :)

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm caught up. In case anyone cares I still think Tolly and AA are the most likely Scum.

RF should more fully and specifically claim because I find his explanation still a bit confusing and I want a clear simple direct post of exactly what he is claiming. I think I get it but I don't presume to put words in anyone's mouth.

I think 50 is probably Town despite the fact that also think his "mystery injection" story is an entirely fabricated and self-serving gambit.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

Lumpen posted:

I'm caught up. In case anyone cares I still think Tolly and AA are the most likely Scum.

Why?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm on AA vote because jumpinf on tje first joke vote for the bandwagon is a bit scummy. And I need info so one sacrifice is as good as any.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
Hey Grid was that votecount thing a day action we should all be waiting on DBD for?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Gridlocked posted:

I'm on AA vote because jumpinf on tje first joke vote for the bandwagon is a bit scummy. And I need info so one sacrifice is as good as any.

I jumped on a bandwagon vote?!

I feel like players itt like to fabricate things. You may need some routine maintenance.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

- Where I think RF may be faking reads and opinions, I feel that sentimental is.

Which reads do you think I'm faking? I've made like 3

Lumpen posted:

RF should more fully and specifically claim because I find his explanation still a bit confusing and I want a clear simple direct post of exactly what he is claiming. I think I get it but I don't presume to put words in anyone's mouth.

I'm genuinely not sure how much more I can break it down, could you be more specific about what's not clicking for you?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

I guess the former. Like there's nothing in my PM about me being explicitly human, but unless DBD has top secret S2 information the character I am is a human. I am not a miller.

Maybe you missed this one?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lando131 posted:

Hey Grid was that votecount thing a day action we should all be waiting on DBD for?

I'm trying to summon the vote counter on my phone because its hard to view.

My phone is junk. And old. Sorry :(

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

You may need some routine maintenance.

Beep boop sonny. Beep boop.

gently caress I hate phone posting

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Yeah RF I am satisfied and I think you're likely telling the truth and thus likely Town based on what you posted and what DBD posted and my PM.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
fwiw i am in the same boat as retro.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

Which reads do you think I'm faking? I've made like 3

I'm genuinely not sure how much more I can break it down, could you be more specific about what's not clicking for you?

I guess truly only your initial take on MMT. It looks like you've substantiated, so I misspoke and am not ashamed to admit it.

I think you voluntarily offering up that you were a host-aligned human is a town play.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Lot of shitposts from flerp followed by a lot of disappearing for 2 days.

Hi scum flerp.

##vote flerp

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
A lot of disappearing on the weekend. I think you're jumping the gun there Tobbs. If the deadline were soon I'd agree, but it isn't until Tuesday. He can show up and have a whole day of posting before deadline. I'd be more suspicious if he'd been around and not reacted to everything that's gone down today.

I'm actually a little annoyed Quid hasn't had very much to say about almost having been shot, and if the claim behind it didn't make it unlikely he's scum I'd be questioning his lack of engagement after showing his presence.

For what it's worth I also think Gridlocked's vote was very opportunistic and he seems to be using it's existence to keep from commenting on much that isn't flavor or game setup spec. I'd vote him to try to get him to engage more, except I agree with the reason given about AA seeming disingenuous early on.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Lumpen posted:

I think 50 is probably Town despite the fact that also think his "mystery injection" story is an entirely fabricated and self-serving gambit.

What would be the town motivation for doing this after a N0 when nobody knew injectioning was a thing? That's a pretty big gambit.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I was hoping to see a hot take or two.

Also who has zero free time on the weekends and only posts on weekdays?

Anywho I stand by it.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Merk said everything I would have. You come across as disingenuous.

DGK on the other hand isn't scummy because of what he said about you, he is scummy because of his lando assessment. Unlike Tobbs however, he doesn't have the benefit of a genuine discussion that I was a part of.

You and DGK could be both scum bussing, one scum one town, or two town. However my assessment of both of you is independent of one another. The pressure DGK put on you could easily have been a scum bussing pressure or a genuine vote.

So, I'm scummy because I immediately suspected him and then accepted his explanation? Got it.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

See this is what I don't buy. I read mafia games for fun, why wouldn't other people?

So, YOU'RE suspicious of Lando?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

The accusation here is that someone who is informed on info from their scum buddies would come to the thread, and post their knowledge of it. Why would that ever happen?

Wait, now you aren't? And don't act like you've NEVER seen a scumslip because I know you have.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Gridlocked posted:

All this argument over the content ofnthe discord makes me think I don't want to join the discord.

Why would you join the discord? Isn't that what the scum team is using to communicate?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I just want to call this out because I think it looks bad from the perspective of forcing tone onto players.

I think it's something scum do to intentionally draw attention to players, and I believe that dgk has made a minor slip in their own explanation of their behavior and play.

If you read everything in ben stein's voice to evaluate it, how then did you infer any tone from me?

I didn't do any CAPS shouting, but look how quickly you tried to make me look like that was what I was doing.

I've had meltdowns, and even walked away from the forums for month's following ~bad~ games, but this is not what was happening at all. Not now, and not then, and I think DGK looks bad for it.

Putting a pin in this because as the game plays out, I think I will be taking a closer look at DGK.

I was loving with you with the ben stein thing. I thought my follow up made that clear. I never claimed you were CAPS shouting, I used hyperbole. I haven't played in years, so pardon me sir.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Sure, scumslips happen, but i've never seen a scumslip about another game.

So, now you admit they happen? You're feeling contradictory.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

DGK2000 posted:

So, YOU'RE suspicious of Lando?

isn't he saying the opposite here?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Claiming to be vanilla is not a tell, but still in line with their previous post it just seems weird because they drop this "joke" entirely and moves on to make some pseudo-engaged posts about MMTs alignment, responding to a question by RF and then goes into some Mafia posting advice to look helpful???

I think they are using pr for post restriction, at least that's how I read it. I think your case is pretty genuine though, I like you.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

DGK2000 posted:

So, now you admit they happen? You're feeling contradictory.

um what?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Atomic Soda posted:

isn't he saying the opposite here?

Is he not saying he doesn't but Lando saying he enjoys reading mafia games for fun?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Let me break it down for you

quote:

The accusation here is that someone who is informed on info from their scum buddies would come to the thread, and post their knowledge of it. Why would that ever happen?

It seems like he is asking why any scum would ever post scum information in thread. As in, he has never seen it happen why would they do that?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
when i said i wont be able to post this weekend, i meant it. this thread has been going hard d1 and i dont have the time to read people or their cases. ive skimmed, but barely.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Scum have been caught by sharing info that could only be obtained by having inside information.

That may or may not be what's happening here, but it's something I keep in mind.

Like it seems I'm not the only one who read what fiddy said that way.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

when i said i wont be able to post this weekend, i meant it. this thread has been going hard d1 and i dont have the time to read people or their cases. ive skimmed, but barely.

Love you flerpy boy.

##unvote

I actually skimmed over your second post.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Thirding this, Lumpen.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Lando: Im posting on my phone at work because you guys are all active during this time for me. Sorry for lack of engagement :(

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Lando131 posted:

I'm actually a little annoyed Quid hasn't had very much to say about almost having been shot, and if the claim behind it didn't make it unlikely he's scum I'd be questioning his lack of engagement after showing his presence.

Oddly enough, Quid appeared 1 minute after you posted this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Lando: Im posting on my phone at work because you guys are all active during this time for me. Sorry for lack of engagement :(

VF is always on the first like, 3 posts of the game. Or do you mean that one is hard for you to see?

• Locked thread