Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

Gridlocked posted:

Lando: Im posting on my phone at work because you guys are all active during this time for me. Sorry for lack of engagement :(

Fair enough. I'll be pretty absent during my workdays too. Normally that's Mon-Wed but I've got tomorrow off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

DGK2000 posted:

Let me break it down for you

It seems like he is asking why any scum would ever post scum information in thread. As in, he has never seen it happen why would they do that?

i thought he was saying he's never seen a scum slip that was due to discussion about a previous game before specifically

re: the lando stuff he was responding to this post by tolly:

Tolly Totes posted:

Right, and it really can't be understated that the whole original idea that somebody hearing something in their personal chat and then immediately posting it in the thread without thinking about it is more likely than a novice player who said he reads other games reading another game was ridiculous in the first place.

50 pounds of bread posted:

See this is what I don't buy. I read mafia games for fun, why wouldn't other people?

50 has also expressed suspicion of the lando case so i'm not sure i agree with your read, will let 50 clarify tho.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dead Cow posted:

Why would you join the discord? Isn't that what the scum team is using to communicate?

Have you tried goon discords? The only good ones I've found are: bloodbowl, dominions and the wow one I run.

Everything else is trash :colbert:

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

DGK2000 posted:

Is he not saying he doesn't but Lando saying he enjoys reading mafia games for fun?

This gets a bit confusing because my first sentence here was a run on, but he's saying he doesn't buy the idea that it'd be unusual for a player to read a game they weren't in. He doesn't buy the case against Lando, not the defence by Lando.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Gridlocked posted:

Have you tried goon discords? The only good ones I've found are: bloodbowl, dominions and the wow one I run.

I know you're joking around but discord we were talking about was one set up specifically for the mafia in a recent game.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Gridlocked posted:

No I haven't, I was wondering what the heck you were talking about.

Tolly Totes posted:

I know you're joking around but discord we were talking about was one set up specifically for the mafia in a recent game.

Because this is what I thought you were alluding to, but for this game

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tolly Totes posted:

Oh sorry I thought you mean the general goon mafia discord that was in the megathread.

Also DKG its hard to see on my phone.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

I'm really sure what to make about DKG almost aggressively misreading most of the things he's quoting. I know I don't like it, but I'm not sure what it means alignment wise.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
So, is it just me or is b-minus being extra super quiet this game?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Atomic Soda posted:

i thought he was saying he's never seen a scum slip that was due to discussion about a previous game before specifically

re: the lando stuff he was responding to this post by tolly:

50 has also expressed suspicion of the lando case so i'm not sure i agree with your read, will let 50 clarify tho.

Wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood fiddy in my mafia history.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Tolly Totes posted:

This gets a bit confusing because my first sentence here was a run on, but he's saying he doesn't buy the idea that it'd be unusual for a player to read a game they weren't in. He doesn't buy the case against Lando, not the defence by Lando.

OH THAT MAKES MORE SENSE.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Tolly Totes posted:

I'm really sure what to make about DKG almost aggressively misreading most of the things he's quoting. I know I don't like it, but I'm not sure what it means alignment wise.

I guess if he's mafia, it means he's more interested in spotting contradictions than he is figuring out what somebody actually means.

On the town side, maybe he's flippant about how he comes off?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Bloodbowl has a discord? Is it for the PC game or tabletop?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

On the town side, maybe he's flippant about how he comes off?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I care more about posting content than I do how I come off. As long as I interact with people and drop my calls on paper, I'll consider it a well played game.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

DGK2000 posted:

I care more about posting content than I do how I come off. As long as I interact with people and drop my calls on paper, I'll consider it a well played game.

Do you care more about posting than you do reading?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

D G K, btw. Common misconception, you aren't the only one making the mistake. A mafia player once blocked me in an ongoing game because I angered him.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

Do you care more about posting than you do reading?

No. I'm posting replies as I read the thread.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

DGK2000 posted:

No. I'm posting replies as I read the thread.

Right, but an important part of this game is figuring out where other people stand, their motivations and alignment. Shouldn't you be making a better effort to understand what you're posting about before you dive in? Like in your description of what you consider to be a good game, you don't actually mention reading people and figuring things out:

DGK2000 posted:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Tolly Totes posted:

Right, but an important part of this game is figuring out where other people stand, their motivations and alignment. Shouldn't you be making a better effort to understand what you're posting about before you dive in? Like in your description of what you consider to be a good game, you don't actually mention reading people and figuring things out:

As long as I interact with people and drop my calls on paper

The bolded part is motivations and alignment and reads. I'm actually super excited that this game has been so active over the weekend. I can't really finalize opinions until tomorrow, when I assume the absentee players will be around. Right now, I'm giving off the cuff play by play of what's going through my head. I do have ADHD so maybe that's not helping?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dead Cow posted:

So, is it just me or is b-minus being extra super quiet this game?

ha, i figured someone might notice the difference between my "give no fucks" attitude from my last game and my last game compared to this one. i've been following along and contributing when i can. this was a very busy and exciting weekend, and i will be more available after tuesday.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Dropping alignment calls is slightly different than reading people. It's similar, but it's just the final action instead of the process. I think I'd describe what a mafia member does in these games as dropping alignment calls, since they're just trying to appear to be doing the same thing as what a town member would do.

Regardless, you've explained your process and at this point it's just a semantic issue. Thanks!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DGK2000 posted:

Bloodbowl has a discord? Is it for the PC game or tabletop?

PC but some guys talk about TT as well. Now days with all of BB2s updates they are functionality similar minus the occasional bug. I haven't played in a couple of months though. My GoonBowl run was loving awful (played Pact and my level 3 mino died a game before the play offs) but they are running an rsl atm. Do you want a link when I get hone?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tolly Totes posted:

Dropping alignment calls

I'm Neutral Evil

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Quidthulhu posted:

What would be the town motivation for doing this after a N0 when nobody knew injectioning was a thing? That's a pretty big gambit.

we're talking about 50 pounds though. he's full of poo poo regardless of alignment

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

PC but some guys talk about TT as well. Now days with all of BB2s updates they are functionality similar minus the occasional bug. I haven't played in a couple of months though. My GoonBowl run was loving awful (played Pact and my level 3 mino died a game before the play offs) but they are running an rsl atm. Do you want a link when I get hone?

Yes please.

b-minus1 posted:

we're talking about 50 pounds though. he's full of poo poo regardless of alignment

That's true.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

this is true, but in the games i've read there has been a reason behind the lie (eg fate was to try and attract scum nk). i don't see any reason for him to lie about this?

i'm also getting a bit suss of snail. after my vote on tobbs retro posted this:

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok so maybe I’m missing something, but Tolly says they are voting Tobbs for a ~reason~ but won’t say why, and despite everything else going on AS just goes “sure” and jumps on to that vote?

to which snail responded this:

sentimental snail posted:

pretty much yeah

both of them ignore my follow up post to my vote, which gives a reason aside from tolly

Atomic Soda posted:

firstly i think that it was a stretch to call you scum based on your tolly post. i'm not sure what this unvote post is in response to, tobbs are you able to expand?

secondly i kinda want to see where tolly is going with this.

part of me hand waves that away with acknowledging my vote wasn't great (hey i'm trying ok) but part of me this snail is particularly scummy here. for retro it kind of feels like his style of post and i like his later posts, but for snail its a drive by. also snail posted twice right after me, but didn't call out my post until retro did.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I for one am happy someone finally noticed me

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hmm i suppose 50 could be lying to attract an undeserved doccing

hi gridlocked

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Atomic Soda posted:

both of them ignore my follow up post to my vote, which gives a reason aside from tolly

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see a non-Tolly reason there

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Atomic Soda posted:

hmm i suppose 50 could be lying to attract an undeserved doccing

hi gridlocked

Hi! :3:

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Was just going back through that convo and noticed this, which I missed at the time.

Gridlocked posted:

I notice Tobbs is a subject of much debate but has yet to make a vote of his own.

Gridlocked I know it's been a while, but do you want to explain this?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Retro Futurist posted:

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see a non-Tolly reason there

i thought the case on lando was a stretch and could be scum trying for an easy target

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
New Hot takes:

Tolly town.

Lean scum b-minus1.

Lean even more scum snail.

I would vote for rf. probably would not for kb, probably would for most others

rf willfully tossed out a vote without reading to see what he was agreeing with, or even checking to see if he actually agreed with something.

I don't fault kb or anyone for not participating much or not putting out content on a day one weekend with 90% fluff. I'm not willing to vote him when that's the entire case.

I don't understand what's going on in most of this post. but I feel like the narrative being stuck on knowing or not knowing it's her second game is something that scum are totally content with, if not driving themselves.

it's all white noise detracting from a few things that should be looked at. here's one ##vote rf

SS would happily vote for most people, but not KB. When asked about it, he says he's not impressed with a case based on low content during what he sees as a joke weekend.

Mind you, people started getting serious a while ago. What's most telling is that snail is willing to vote for most people for presumably no reason, but has a reason for not wanting to vote KB.

Mind you, I'm not saying anything about KB's alignment. I think SS just made something up on the fly when questioned about it. It's a fake opinion.

##vote stickup

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tolly Totes posted:

Was just going back through that convo and noticed this, which I missed at the time.

Gridlocked I know it's been a while, but do you want to explain this?

Iirc the time peole were talking a lot about Tobbs and voting for him but he had yet to cadt his vote.

I thought it was odd people were ready to debate over someone who hadn't yet made a clear undeniable step towards lynching someonw.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Also didn't you say you were going to bed like 2 hours ago?

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Gridlocked posted:

Iirc the time peole were talking a lot about Tobbs and voting for him but he had yet to cadt his vote.

I thought it was odd people were ready to debate over someone who hadn't yet made a clear undeniable step towards lynching someonw.

He had made 4 votes.

Gridlocked posted:

Also didn't you say you were going to bed like 2 hours ago?

Nope! I've got to be up late tomorrow so I'm trying to stay up tonight even though I'm exhausted right now. I prefer mornings. Murmurtwin said she was going to bed a while ago, maybe you're thinking of her.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Atomic Soda posted:

i thought the case on lando was a stretch and could be scum trying for an easy target

Ok I think I've wrapped my head around this. Lando said stuff about Tolly that Tobbs turned into a case and you felt that case was a stretch?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok I think I've wrapped my head around this. Lando said stuff about Tolly that Tobbs turned into a case and you felt that case was a stretch?

yep pretty much. tolly is involved in both sides of my case but in different capacities, sorry i was unclear. the case on lando was about his post re: tolly, i thought this was a bad case, i posted a bit more about this after my vote as well. the fact tolly came and posted that she had a serious vote on tobbs led me to focus on tobbs over dgk, plus my not understanding the post i quoted from tobbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tolly Totes posted:

He had made 4 votes.

Nope! I've got to be up late tomorrow so I'm trying to stay up tonight even though I'm exhausted right now. I prefer mornings. Murmurtwin said she was going to bed a while ago, maybe you're thinking of her.

Yes I'm thinking of mmt. And also I was sure he hadn't voted yet. Maybe I checked the counter (do not attempt this woth your phone) and he'd umvoted.

• Locked thread