Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Shine posted:

Happiness is a vasectomy and a wife.

This guy gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Tell that to my buddy. His wife encouraged him to get a vasectomy after 3 kids, so he did. Turns out, she had been cheating on him for at least a year before that. He's divorced and lost now. She retained custody and is remarried to the other guy now. And that's my married w/ vasectomy story.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Shine posted:

Happiness is a vasectomy and a wife.

Using two types of contraception is always sensible.

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016
pregnancy prevention lifehack: be gay

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jedit posted:

Using two types of contraception is always sensible.
disconnect both the balls

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.

bowmore posted:

disconnect both the balls

I have a vasectomy, I'm divorced, and I have one ball. Am I winning yet?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aexo posted:

I have a vasectomy, I'm divorced, and I have one ball. Am I winning yet?

Answers to the name "Lucky"

Goobish
May 31, 2011

betamax hipster posted:

pregnancy prevention lifehack: be gay

Alternativeky, kill the sex organs you were born with via hormones and gender reassignment surgery

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Jedit posted:

Yeah, the only way I can see that happening is if you're lacking in girth so the condom is loose or in length so it doesn't have far to roll up. Maybe a properly fitted condom would come off if there's no lubrication going on in there so the condom is sticking to the vaginal walls and peeling up on withdrawal, but that's a whole other level of uncomfortable. I'll be generous, and assume that if this isn't just stdh.txt then Faerunner is buying Magnums to show off when he really doesn't need them.

I just drew the picture, mllaneza was the one who lost the condom. LOL.

PS Also am girl.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Faerunner posted:

I just drew the picture, mllaneza was the one who lost the condom. LOL.

PS Also am girl.

So you would say your penis is lacking in girth and length then?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

What are people's experience of using oil or oil-based lubes? The prospect of not needing to reapply lube is appealing, but I've heard it's more trouble to use as well. I have a penis if it matters.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Anyone have good recommendations on where to buy a Magic Wand style vibrator? Looking to buy one but I've heard there can be a lot of quality difference between them.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

hoobajoo posted:

What are people's experience of using oil or oil-based lubes? The prospect of not needing to reapply lube is appealing, but I've heard it's more trouble to use as well. I have a penis if it matters.

I use coconut oil fairly regularly both for solo and penetrative sex. Cheap, easy to find, solid below ~75 degrees, lubricates well, does not wash off in use but is easy to clean with soap/water or a towel and is a good moisturizer to boot.

We ended up completely replacing silicone-based lubricant with it, mainly for cost and ease of cleanup.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

PittTheElder posted:

Anyone have good recommendations on where to buy a Magic Wand style vibrator? Looking to buy one but I've heard there can be a lot of quality difference between them.

https://www.amazon.com/VIBRATEX-HV-260-Magic-Wand-Massager/dp/B00005M1WE

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Geoj posted:

I use coconut oil fairly regularly both for solo and penetrative sex. Cheap, easy to find, solid below ~75 degrees, lubricates well, does not wash off in use but is easy to clean with soap/water or a towel and is a good moisturizer to boot.

We ended up completely replacing silicone-based lubricant with it, mainly for cost and ease of cleanup.

It's safe for toys too, right?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
As far as I know. We don't usually incorporate toys that need to be lubricated first but a quick google search seems to indicate its safe.

16pcCutlerySet
Jun 6, 2017

deplorable
ed: NVM

16pcCutlerySet fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 4, 2022

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If he stops jerking and starts loving he’ll eventually figure it out

Addiction sucks though, he might benefit from Therapy?

16pcCutlerySet
Jun 6, 2017

deplorable
ed: NVM

16pcCutlerySet fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 4, 2022

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

16pcCutlerySet posted:

Im not entirely comfortable with them but if it helps him recover I'm all for it.

I'm not a therapist but you should not do anything you're not comfortable with, especially with your previous comment of "pretty dark" stuff.

Therapy is probably your best bet, good luck! I think him not wanking it at all is a good idea, if he's still conditioned to busting only from his own hands then he needs a break. Is he okay with not orgasming during sex?

16pcCutlerySet
Jun 6, 2017

deplorable
Ed: NVM

16pcCutlerySet fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 4, 2022

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

An average adult human male, with the normal hormonal balance and no physiological issues, who hasn't had an orgasm in weeks (or days, depends on the person) will have no trouble doing so at the touch of a gentle breeze or vagina. Even if currently he's used to whacking off several times a day.

If he can't stop himself from jerking it for long enough to build up to that point, that's a psychological thing he needs to work through, but it's not a physical problem.

16pcCutlerySet posted:

You think just stopping jerkin altogether is beneficial? Seems like that might get painful?

Yes, and it won't. It might get psychologically unbearable, at which point you have sex and he discovers oh wow i guess this works too

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 28, 2018

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

16pcCutlerySet posted:

Im hoping thats the case but its been months now and nothing has changed aside from him saying it feels "better". You think just stopping jerkin altogether is beneficial? Seems like that might get painful?

He's looking at therapists now but seeing as he works full time and none of them seem to do weekends its proving pretty hard. Ive helped write some potential emails to professionals just this week so hoping he gets the help he needs.

I just dont want to make things worse somehow - as a result of the addiction he has some pretty... dark tastes. Should we avoid them? Im not entirely comfortable with them but if it helps him recover I'm all for it.

Don't do anything you're not comfortable with, period.

So, with that out of the way, he should definitely be trying to masturbate less, but going cold turkey is probably a bad idea; he'll likely be miserable and it won't stick. The good news is it's 100% a psychological issue; he's conditioned his body to only orgasm in a very specific way, and that conditioning can be reversed. I've heard some people have success with fleshlight-type toys to help, since it makes your masturbation more like sex, and while I'm a little skeptical of that myself, it couldn't hurt. You could also try masturbating together, along that same logic of making masturbation and sex more similar to help his brain cross that gap.

For now though, it sounds like you both have enjoyable sex where you both cum, which is more important than the specifics of how that happens. Not to diminish the concern, it's valid, but just saying to keep it all in perspective.

16pcCutlerySet
Jun 6, 2017

deplorable

hoobajoo posted:

For now though, it sounds like you both have enjoyable sex where you both cum, which is more important than the specifics of how that happens. Not to diminish the concern, it's valid, but just saying to keep it all in perspective.

Yeah man, absolutely. Thanks for that especially.

Cheers though everyone, got some ideas to work off. Think the therapy is an unavoidable necessity as well from the sounds of it so will get on that asap.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

PittTheElder posted:

This is the one we have: https://www.goodvibes.com/s/sex-toys/p/GV13516/magic-wand/magic-wand-rechargeable

It's made by Hitachi, they just don't have their name on it these days. I can't imagine using a wired model.

Also, it's actually very good on your back and shoulders.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Batteries do OK I assume?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

The new one's rechargable through any outlet and can be used while charging, unlike a lot of toys with charging cables.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

PittTheElder posted:

Batteries do OK I assume?

Goes months sometimes depending how much we use it. Unless you're trying some kind of tantric vibrator thing where it needs to run for four hours continuously, you should be good.

And yeah, it works while charging, too.

This toy is basically a cheat code for sex.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 28, 2018

Commissar Kayla
Dec 27, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

This is the one we have: https://www.goodvibes.com/s/sex-toys/p/GV13516/magic-wand/magic-wand-rechargeable

It's made by Hitachi, they just don't have their name on it these days. I can't imagine using a wired model.

Also, it's actually very good on your back and shoulders.

Second this recommendation. This thing is the size of my forearm, is a step down from blow dryer in noise levels, and means business. It is very efficient at getting someone off.

Some people find the vibrations too strong even on the lowest setting, but putting a t-shirt or towel between you and it solves that pretty easily.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Thanks all, wireless is certainly a compelling advantage.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The speed settings are good too. I think on the OG model you had to get a lamp dimmer switch if you wanted control. It's got 4 patterns also.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
As someone who orgasms from sex maybe 25% of the time, I feel dude's pain.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm a vagina haver undergoing hormone replacement therapy with testosterone, and as a result my clit is getting larger. This is fine and good, but now it seems like I'm having trouble peeling the hood back, which is also causing some smegma buildup. How do I peel back the hood without it hurting so I can clean properly?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Sociopastry posted:

I'm a vagina haver undergoing hormone replacement therapy with testosterone, and as a result my clit is getting larger. This is fine and good, but now it seems like I'm having trouble peeling the hood back, which is also causing some smegma buildup. How do I peel back the hood without it hurting so I can clean properly?

May be your coming at it wrong. Perhaps try and poke something in there now to clean it (like a wet q-tip)?

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Sociopastry posted:

Trans dude here- perhaps try using lube to help. I remember during this painful stage I only ever attempted that in the shower/bath and the water seemed to help. Worst case scenario you might have a dirty clit dick for awhile but I do not think that is anything that will harm you. I am not a doctor tho just a fellow vagina dick hybrid haver.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Do people have more or less pubic hair now than they did in previous decades?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Do a study and find out for yourself

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I for one have less than I did one decade ago, but much more than I did two decades ago.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'll try it in the shower/with lube, it seems like using a q tip would hurt like a bastard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I'm trying to think of a sex question to ask.