Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ballz posted:

Are you west coast? Event ended at 2 there.

I’m east coast and evolved a dragon with meteor at about 4:50.

Yeah, I'm west coast but I thought they said they were extending it to 6pm PST.

Edit: it was JST, not PST, oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I evolved two and both had Meteor. Central time, it ran from 1-4.

Unfortunately I had commitments today so had to take what I could get. Only got the Silver badge.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I got over 60 of them, 2 shinies, my gold badge, and a 97% one which I evolved immediately.

Overall I'm pretty happy, and it was fun to see a ton of people at a park walking around catching stuff. Someone stopped me and asked why everyone was on their phones.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Whoops, totally forgot this was happening. Why is it not all day?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Gold dragon badge, finally :getin:

thanks dratini, you're good

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Honestly if it was all day I'd lose my mind.

I'd have like 800 dratini.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Well, I learned today that pokemon coming out as Shiny are unique to each player account. I caught 3 for myself and none for my friend, and she is understandably upset.

I really hope trading will be here some time before the next ice age because I have a pretty massive list of things I'm trading to her first thing.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Still, it's pretty bullshit to have these exceedingly rare events last for a couple hours when people have, you know, lives and poo poo.

I went to my local park and captured a few dozen Dratinis. No shinies and I haven't checked the IVs, but I finally had enough candies to evolve my Dragonair that I've walked ~80km with over the last several months. 96%, Dragon Claw and Draco Meteor. :getin:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Yeah I need some quick TM because all the ones I evolved today have Steel Claw.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I'm coming in here to cry about catching 4 shiny Dratini for my friend at work while getting 0 myself. Local tracker also failed to load the one 100% IV Dratini in my town while those with custom code got the notification.

I also didn't catch enough to get a gold dragon badge. Have my tears, friends.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah I need some quick TM because all the ones I evolved today have Steel Claw.

Is Steel Wing a good TM for Dragonite?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Caught a good, big bunch of Dratinis. Got two shinies and my girlfriend 3, plus a couple over 90% regular dratinis. It was a fun event, specially since our best area to farm pokestops is a 5-block-one-way street, so it was swarming with people going back and forth on the pokestop clusters.

Oh! And we both got our first Rayquaza. Was really nice because it was with two other couples, of which one was two old chinese people who were level 40.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The sculpture park by me was completely packed with no room to park and it was cool to see hordes of people walking around

it's what pokefest shouldve been

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Because gently caress me is why :(

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Got a L33 100% dratini. Evolved and maxed it already with Draco Meteor. Buddy's was a 100% shiny. A few others were shiny too. Caught 8 shiny overall and more than 200 tinis. Pretty successful event, I must say. Plus over 300k dust.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Three shinies, but I only evolved two because Dragonaire is so drat pretty.

How can they top this for March? Unown?

PLEASE BE THE SECOND OR FOURTH SATURDAY PLEASE....I have a convention on the third and am running registration all day.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cowslips Warren posted:

shiny tyranitar

Speaking of which I hope they don't do that.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

tangy yet delightful posted:

Because gently caress me is why :(

Yeah, it's kinda weird to me because all of their other events are like super long, except for this specific one which has really cool prizes and stuff. I got out of work at 4 so by the time I drove home I would have had like half an hour to catch some stuff if I remembered, which is what happened for the Pikachu one last month where I made a dash to find a shiny one before time was up. I know you'll never please everybody, and the idea is to get people together, but it kinda sucks for you if your schedule doesn't permit it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Give me a Bagon community event next. I already caught a ton of larvitar during the rock event.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

In non-Dratini news, I caught my first snow variant of Castform today.

It was 70 degrees outside.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Larvitar would be nice, since, AS A RURAL PLAYER (should I shout that louder?), I don't have 25 perfect Tyranitar from raids. Bagon and Beldum would also be acceptable, as they have cool rear end shinies and I've never seen either of them, aside from Gyms.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Today was a good event, got my gold dragon medal, 5 shinys, and a 95% dratini.

Ended up with two Military Green Dragons, kept Two pretty pink snakes, and left my last Shiny as a baby.

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 25, 2018

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

Three shinies, but I only evolved two because Dragonaire is so drat pretty.

PLEASE BE THE SECOND OR FOURTH SATURDAY PLEASE....I have a convention on the third and am running registration all day.

How about for 3 hours, they make the raids “never ending”. Meaning you can battle whatever it is in the gym as many times as you want, as long as you got a raid pass.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I have heard bulbasaur will be the next one, with Frenzy Plant as the special move on evolution.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I already had my Gold Dragon badge, but I caught 156 in two hours. Total 4 shiny. I ran out of pinapp and ultra balls and decided I was done. Fun day!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

dwarf74 posted:

I have heard bulbasaur will be the next one, with Frenzy Plant as the special move on evolution.

But I just spent all my candy on a Venusaur :negative:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

Where'd you hear this from, your uncle at Nintendo? Sources plz

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I want a Meowth that knows Pay Day, and every time I use it in battle I get 1 coin. Just me, not anyone else.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

I want a Meowth that knows Pay Day, and every time I use it in battle I get 1 coin. Just me, not anyone else.

That's actually a pretty cool idea, but holy poo poo would that be easy to abuse the hell out of

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
That; but it counts against the 50/day limit.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ballz posted:

In non-Dratini news, I caught my first snow variant of Castform today.

It was 70 degrees outside.

Snow Castform also appears in foggy weather :eng101:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

dwarf74 posted:

Ugh I hope not. Starters are such a loving pain to catch.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Ballz posted:

Ugh I hope not. Starters are such a loving pain to catch.

That'd be fitting with the other event making legendary raids suck more.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Parrotine posted:

Where'd you hear this from, your uncle at Nintendo? Sources plz
I had heard there were some files on the Pokémon Go website that pointed in that direction.

It's all secondhand anonymous rumors though, so take it with a giant pile of salt.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I think the raid system is stuck. Every day for the past week or so, the two gyms near my house have produced raids between 7 and 8 AM. The reliability would be nice, except that nobody around here is active at those times.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Prop Wash posted:

I think the raid system is stuck. Every day for the past week or so, the two gyms near my house have produced raids between 7 and 8 AM. The reliability would be nice, except that nobody around here is active at those times.

I don't know if that's on purpose or not. Two of my nearest gyms have had raids pop between 9 and 9:30 AM daily for 5 days. Like you, I have no one willing to raid at that time.

Other gyms in my town seem to do the same, dunno why.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

I had heard there were some files on the Pokémon Go website that pointed in that direction.

It's all secondhand anonymous rumors though, so take it with a giant pile of salt.

I hope so man, I got so many Venusaur already I'd have no use for another grass type event, even if it does come with a special move. Hell, I don't think anyone does really

Save the Community days for the rare pokes Niantic

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Make it all three Gen 1 starters so I can finally get my shiny Charizard.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Someone snooped and found a Bulbasaur image for community day on Niantic's servers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/7zzg0l/community_day_3_i_checked_image_urls_and_found/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

If that is the next Community Day chosen Pokemon, I am skipping it.

• Locked thread