Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
20-0 to Sharks at half time.

No too much "How do I hold ball?" more a lack of ideas within the last 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Knights still struggling without a star prop I think

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Just got back to the hotel, monsoon hit with ten to go and the warriors held on to win by 6. Titans had no idea in attack and warriors gave away an insane amount of penalties. At one point the titans had at least five sets in a row on their line till they eventually cracked.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Soaked to the loving bone, too. Great game to be at, though. Well worth the trip.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

Knights still struggling without a star prop I think

What about Queensland Origin star Jacob Lillyman??

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Tigers win second half but go down 12-24.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Heading in the right direction I guess

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Meanwhile in NZ, there was a story that SBW was going to be joining the Roosters mid-season after being told he wouldn't be part of the All Blacks for next year's World Cup. The story was quite clearly bullshit and has been refuted by the Roosters. This smells like Khoder Nasser agitating for something.

There's also a story in the NZ Herald that RTS is going to be re-signing with the Warriors very soon. That makes me happy.

PS- great job with the OP as always, iajanus.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I've learned to think there's again of truth in any rumour that involves the roosters or storm buying more players they can't afford or use.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

Meanwhile in NZ, there was a story that SBW was going to be joining the Roosters mid-season after being told he wouldn't be part of the All Blacks for next year's World Cup. The story was quite clearly bullshit and has been refuted by the Roosters. This smells like Khoder Nasser agitating for something.

There's also a story in the NZ Herald that RTS is going to be re-signing with the Warriors very soon. That makes me happy.

PS- great job with the OP as always, iajanus.

I've already accepted us not retaining RTS so I refuse to get any hopes up until it's official. He shouldn't be captain though.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Mannering should be captain for life, end of story. But he hates the job and I'm not sure who the next best option is.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

Mannering should be captain for life, end of story. But he hates the job and I'm not sure who the next best option is.

He looked pretty happy on the bench on the weekend

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Grub sure looks happy to be a Tiger

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
now he has the opportunity to trip luke brooks every week

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

now he has the opportunity to trip luke brooks every week

he's just trying to help brooksy out in training to get his footwork faster and learn how to trip properly since luke's trip on moses last year was pathetic

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Smorgasbord posted:

I've already accepted us not retaining RTS so I refuse to get any hopes up until it's official. He shouldn't be captain though.

He's re-signed.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/101828883/roger-tuivasasheck-resigns-for-new-zealand-warriors

Option 1 (and the likelier one): His talk of switching to union was always just a ploy to raise his asking price
Option 2: He saw the depth at fullback and the wing for the All Blacks and got cold feet, while perhaps thinking about Sam Burgess.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

OK that's cool and good, well done Warriors!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Welp Steve Folkes dropped dead while cycling. Didn't pick him in the dead pool.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Are you guys much for SuperCoach classic?

I for one am a shill for The Daily Telegraph and Phil Rothfield's love for The Gronulla Sharks.

The league code is 715377

Let's get some numbers so I don't need to fill it with A-tier columnists such as Sangster for the sake of it.

If someone else normally does this, let me know and I'll scrap it and join that league.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

He's re-signed.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/101828883/roger-tuivasasheck-resigns-for-new-zealand-warriors

Option 1 (and the likelier one): His talk of switching to union was always just a ploy to raise his asking price
Option 2: He saw the depth at fullback and the wing for the All Blacks and got cold feet, while perhaps thinking about Sam Burgess.

The story about him going to union was almost certainly a dirty tricks play by NZR as part of the tug of war over Etene Nanai-Seturo. There were two obvious giveaways. The first was the paycut he would have to take- he's currently on A$850k and in line for a raise based on what is happening with the salary cap. That's probably the sort of money that Kieran Read is on, and there's no way RTS gets that up front. The second was that he realistically wouldn't be able to transition to being a top line All Black in the half season available before next year's world cup.

I'm super happy that he's staying, although I don't think he needs to be captain.

iajanus posted:

Welp Steve Folkes dropped dead while cycling. Didn't pick him in the dead pool.

gently caress. RIP. I don't understand why he didn't get another head coaching gig after he left the Dogs. He's better than anyone we've had in recent times.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/foxnrl/status/968720873984266241

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Super League or crime, which is his likely next step?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

could have predicted that; was amazed anyone was dumb enough to sign him after we dropped him with the explicit reason he was massively overweight and lazy

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
It's all very Daine Laurie.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Rugby League in USA news:

The England vs. NZ international test match is set for Denver, Colorado on June 23; now it just remains for the promoters to fill the seats

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/51933/we-got-issues-selling-rugby-league-to-the-us

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has revealed plans to take premiership matches to the US

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/01/nrl-set-to-play-2019-season-opener-in-united-states/

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

could have predicted that; was amazed anyone was dumb enough to sign him after we dropped him with the explicit reason he was massively overweight and lazy

And now he has signed for Manly. Given their cap issues, must be for threepence and halfpenny.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

And now he has signed for Manly. Given their cap issues, must be for threepence and halfpenny.

I was wondering who'd be dumb enough to pick him up. I kind of thought we would be the ones to do it (despite being the ones to drop him in the first place)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Baptiste signs with the Roosters immediately

That salary cap just keeps on stretching

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

The Roosters have stopped even trying to be subtle. They must just be laughing to themselves every time they make another signing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Puckish Rogue posted:

The Roosters have stopped even trying to be subtle. They must just be laughing to themselves every time they make another signing.

"If we buy every player we can't lose!"

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Toodles to Cows?

Well beer wont be an issue up there.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

Baptiste signs with the Roosters immediately

That salary cap just keeps on stretching

Well you see Pearce was on a gajillion dollars, and Guerra and SKD were taking up approximately 125% of the cap, so with them gone they've got a squillion dollars to spend this year. I don't understand why you people find this maths so difficult.

MiniSune posted:

Toodles to Cows?

Well beer wont be an issue up there.

I don't get this. Would his contract even be registered? Is he worth the drama he brings? Can he behave when living in a small town? Or any town? Do they even need him? Morgan and Thurston is as strong a pairing as you'll find, and Te Maire Martin is a great understudy.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Well you see Pearce was on a gajillion dollars, and Guerra and SKD were taking up approximately 125% of the cap, so with them gone they've got a squillion dollars to spend this year. I don't understand why you people find this maths so difficult.

I don't get this. Would his contract even be registered? Is he worth the drama he brings? Can he behave when living in a small town? Or any town? Do they even need him? Morgan and Thurston is as strong a pairing as you'll find, and Te Maire Martin is a great understudy.

I have no idea why. And as you rightly point out, he may not even get registered.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mannering out of round 1 injured... abandon hope all ye who enter Warriors fandom

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Mannering out of round 1 injured... abandon hope all ye who enter Warriors fandom

If memory serves he was on the bench at the trial I was at and barely did anything so idk I doubt it's much of a loss.

We've dropped Nofa for round one in place of Thompson which is interesting considering how good he's been for the last couple of years.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

If memory serves he was on the bench at the trial I was at and barely did anything so idk I doubt it's much of a loss.

According to the club press release he got injured during the trial. He's our best player by a big margin and we're playing in Perth, so we're going to get humiliated on Saturday.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

According to the club press release he got injured during the trial. He's our best player by a big margin and we're playing in Perth, so we're going to get humiliated on Saturday.

I didn't see him fall off the bench so idk how he got hurt

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The NZRL CEO Alex Hayton is expected to resign after the two-month inquiry into the failure of the Kiwis' World Cup campaign.

He's not the only one who should resign.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=12007296

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

MiniSune posted:

Yeah, sounds like he'll be playing reserve grade or lower until his weight gets sorted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Thaiday at 9 is not right.