Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I secretly love that my meta makes people think I'm just straight lying about the injection thing.

Its my favorite thing itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
DKG2K: https://discord.gg/mF83xN

BB goon link for u.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Sooooo, in trying to catch up to some rather twisted and impenetrable conversations that have been happening in this thread, I have made a thing. It is a big thing, it is not necessarily well organized, or well written, or even comprehensive, and you are all entirely welcome to skip it, but it's what I'm using for my own considerations right now.

• 50 pounds of bread
o Claims got injected with thing. Apparently is known for faking weird stuff like this?
o Later in the thread starts flinging a lot of accusations.
• Anomalous Amalgam
o Tries to build cases off of joke-phase posts. Ludicrous “100%” call at bottom of page 5.
o Also has an unjustifiably strong read of Lumpen. Like, I agree Lumpen looks sorta scummy but there’s barely anything there to work with.
o Is a series of six consecutive low-content posts within 5 minutes (page 6) not scummy because good lord that’s some post-count boosting.
o Does that weird vote on Quid, then takes it back. Let’s say honest mistake.
o Makes big case for sensitive snail. Which I kinda of agree with, but it does feel pushy.
• Atomic Soda
o Goes along with Tolly’s vote on Tobbs for no reason, other than “I kinda want to see where tolly is going with this”). Later also follows other votes (on reasonably suspect people).
o To me, they look like they’re a person carefully camouflaging that they’re not actually contributing anything, maybe trying to get an early seat on a bus
• b-minus1
o Not a lot of material. I know nothing.
• Dancer
o Best townie evah (with an admittedly lurker-y tendency)
• Dead Cow
o Is a mean sarcastic jerk. Also rather quiet; I know nothing.
• DGK2000
o Has a slap-fight with AA that I’m not sure how to read
o Makes a lot of posts that seem legit interested in gathering information (though he also misreads sometimes, and it might be malicious).
• Flerp
o Who is this person
• Gridlocked
o Is posting, but I have no conclusion so far.
• Hal Incandenza
o Votes Tobbs because “too defensive”. Believes MMT. Otherwise said nothing.
• HiipFire
o The zero-est of content.
• King Burgundy
o Literally zero content, othen than a vote on MMT for no reason.
o Later a vote on Quid because of “gut read” (also gut read on AS)
• Lando131
o Various comments. Seems weird. Dunno how to read.
• Lumpen
o Claims there was a N0 action on them
o Makes serious complaint of Tolly’s “unsupported 3rd vote on D1 bandwagon” while still in joke phase, and has this weird jokey tone in further posts while saying serious things. (also 3rd-votes on D1 bandwagon himself…)
o Another weird-rear end post&vote (on Tolly) at middle of page 7
o Opinions:
 Lumpen, merk, MMT in Totally Town,
 DGK, Lando, Tobbs in Tentatively Trustable
 everyone else somewhere up or down here
 50, Hal, RF in Somewhat Suspicious
 AA & Tolly in Supposably Scum
• Merk
o Maaaaybe claimed a posting restriction, bottom of page 6, so maybe PR? Not sure if jokephase. References it again on page 8, also not sure if jokephase.
o Starts the case on RF, not totally unjustified
o Jumps to assume brutal cop instead of dayvig, which is apparently weird? (I *think* I know what dayvig is, but dunno how brutal cop would be different)
• Mr. F!
o Who is this person
• Murmur Twin
o Seems quick to abandon jokephase with a vote on AA, but that’s as a response to AA also being weirdly eager to abandon jokephase (for no reason)
o Followed KB’s switch to quid. Did the crazy thing with Quid. Has… decent reasoning for it, and was presumably a low-risk play.
o Proceded to vote Hiipfire because zero content (which is true).
o Used the :350: smiley on page 12, and I’m told breadcrumbs are a thing?
• Quidthulhu
o Agrees with me on KB and RF (and made those opinions mostly known before mine so if they’re trying to buddy up to me, they didn’t really initiate)
o Got shot in the face and stood back up.
• Retro Futurist
o Seems to start a push for MMT kinda out of nowhere on page 8? Based only off of KB’s previous vote with zero reasoning (in the middle of that stupid af pages-long derail about Tolly’s experience level)
o Claims to be town-alligned, but human. Does this mean miller?
• sentimental snail
o claims no pr (top page 10).
o Would vote RF but not KB (which I personally dislike)
• Tobbs Gnawed
o Weird interaction with Tolly that I’m not sure I understand (and is probably irrelevant)
o Claims no N0 action; does not claim no pr (top page 10).
o Votes flerp because of lurking
• Tolly Totes
o Is weird about greeting people. Gtfo creep. Also kinda has a robotic tone. Indicative of PR?
o Real vote for Tobbs. When asked for a reason she says yes, but no case yet.
o Apparently voted Tobbs to test him, because Tobbs has jumped from vote to vote early in the game.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Mafia edit: Lol I just now realized PR stands for post restriction. I kept assuming it was a power role. This is particularly relevant for what I said about Tobbs. "Does not claim no pr". On page 10 they say they're "town with no N0 action".

A question for King Burgundy: Can you please actually justify one of your votes? Particularly in light of the MMT/Quid event, you need to change your vote anyway.

A question for Tolly. Your speech pattern thing might've been joke-phase (though I think it lasted too long for that), it might be you screwing around, it might be a restriction, or it might be result of something that happened in N0. I think the most relevant one of those, to us, is if something happened to you N0. Do you have anything to share?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
BTW Lumpen can we be friends now

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Dancer posted:

BTW Lumpen can we be friends now
Was that arranged in order of your suspicion from least to most suspicious? Take those names and just put them in the order that you would be willing to vote for them, then we can be friends, but only after a Scum flips who you were voting for.

Until then I'm not worthy your friendship or even your gaze.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Oh my god.

There's two of them.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Nice list.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Decent, hardworking hosts:
Dancer, MMT, Quid (no surprises here)
Vaguely trustworthy:
DGK, Tobbs, Tolly, mark
Suspiciously squishy:
50 pounds, AA, Lando, Lumpen
Vile meat-puppets:
AS, KB, RF, SS

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
At this rate we're gonna stall out on day 1 voting and not lynch anyone.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dancer posted:

Decent, hardworking hosts:
Dancer, MMT, Quid (no surprises here)
Vaguely trustworthy:
DGK, Tobbs, Tolly, mark
Suspiciously squishy:
50 pounds, AA, Lando, Lumpen
Vile meat-puppets:
AS, KB, RF, SS

How come I don't get to be on your list. This is list based abuse.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

How come I don't get to be on your list. This is list based abuse.

You're in the gray area in the middle. Where I have made no decision about you at all.

Gridlocked posted:

At this rate we're gonna stall out on day 1 voting and not lynch anyone.

Since people don't seem willing to pick up KB, I'm perfectly willing to ##vote sentimental snail (RF also an option).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
2.5 pages of new posts.

Ctrl-F merk

Ok I’m caught up.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

Dancer posted:

Mafia edit: Lol I just now realized PR stands for post restriction. I kept assuming it was a power role. This is particularly relevant for what I said about Tobbs. "Does not claim no pr". On page 10 they say they're "town with no N0 action".

A question for King Burgundy: Can you please actually justify one of your votes? Particularly in light of the MMT/Quid event, you need to change your vote anyway.

A question for Tolly. Your speech pattern thing might've been joke-phase (though I think it lasted too long for that), it might be you screwing around, it might be a restriction, or it might be result of something that happened in N0. I think the most relevant one of those, to us, is if something happened to you N0. Do you have anything to share?

Hi dancer! I’m not trying to speak weird! Sorry 😐

Something did happen to me in the first night but I don’t think it’s done anything.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The RF “miller” claim is kind of giving me pause I guess. If anything, he might be third party but that’s a big gambit for scum. ##unvote

On the other hand, I assumed he was newish but now know he’s Opo. Opo could do that gambit as scum.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

merk posted:

The RF “miller” claim is kind of giving me pause I guess. If anything, he might be third party but that’s a big gambit for scum. ##unvote

On the other hand, I assumed he was newish but now know he’s Opo. Opo could do that gambit as scum.

He mentioned that he wasn't claiming miller. He was saying that his character is human in the show. In the game however he is a host.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

merk posted:

2.5 pages of new posts.

Ctrl-F merk

Ok I’m caught up.

Someone cloned lumen, I'm not sure if it's the best or worst thing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah ok I guess that stuff makes sense ##unvote

MMT is more likely 3P. If her role specifically lets her kill Non-Hosts only, AND we know that there are Host aligned Humans (ie if she shot me I'd presumably die and I'm town), and we can assume there are Scum Aligned Hosts, her role doesn't make sense for Town OR Scum.

Retro Futurist posted:

I guess the former. Like there's nothing in my PM about me being explicitly human, but unless DBD has top secret S2 information the character I am is a human. I am not a miller.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Characters from the actual show that are hosts or human have literally no bearing on anything in the game, just so future posts don't get brought up about that.

Even if not a Miller claim, this is a pretty strong gambit for a scum player.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dancer posted:

Since people don't seem willing to pick up KB, I'm perfectly willing to ##vote sentimental snail (RF also an option).

Why?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Merk

How would you know before it was claimed unless you were a rolecop?

##vote DGK

This vote is so fake. I can't get past it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
DGK has a lot of posts, but I have no idea what he thinks about anything. That seems bad.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
merk, would you agree that putting a caseless OMGUS vote on someone makes them less likely to be lynched? I think you're probably Town, and I'd like to see you use your effort and vote more productively.

But what do I know maybe I'm wrong sorry.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
(phonepost so I can't make more than one quote)
Answering merk's question. My primary reason is this:

sentimental snail posted:

I would vote for rf. probably would not for kb, probably would for most others

I understand voting for RF over KB. I don't understand actively refusing to vote for KB while accepting to vote for "most others", when KB has done nothing of value, and has in fact been slightly scummy. This reads to me like a person who has a vested interest in protecting KB. Might be scum, might be some 3rd party role, I don't know.

For the record, I actually think I would prefer RF lynch over SS (as stated before). I find RF slightly more suspect, and they also posted more content to go on in case of a scum flip. I voted SS because that brought forth a tie between two of the people I find most suspect. I will be ok with whichever way the tie breaks.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Btw, can someone clarify for me, in vanilla mafia terms, what dayvig and brutal cop are? My current understanding is, a dayvig is someone who can kill someone at some point during the day (presumably one time only). Presumably town-alligned, but could be other allignments too. Brutal cop is the same, except it doesn't kill town-alligned people? So in the case of Quid having some sort of protection, we don't know the difference, but otherwise MMT is brutal cop.

Is there precedent for there being a role that can do a 100% harmless "day kill" for a gambit or sth?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

A brutal cop is any iteration of cop that kills on a scum verdict.

Dayvig is just a daykill.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dancer posted:

Btw, can someone clarify for me, in vanilla mafia terms, what dayvig and brutal cop are? My current understanding is, a dayvig is someone who can kill someone at some point during the day (presumably one time only). Presumably town-alligned, but could be other allignments too. Brutal cop is the same, except it doesn't kill town-alligned people? So in the case of Quid having some sort of protection, we don't know the difference, but otherwise MMT is brutal cop.

Is there precedent for there being a role that can do a 100% harmless "day kill" for a gambit or sth?

im pretty sure that if mmt had used a dayvig, the kill would have been successful independent of alignment.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
We can assume one of two things with the dayvig/brutal cop

Quid is town or he just lost a rank of BP

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm more inclined to think he's town as a result of it.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Quid is either town godfather or 3p, I feel like the flavor for the kill makes it pretty clear he's a host.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Questioning what happened regarding mmt and quid seems p scummy to me at this point. MMT claimed brutal cop then brutal copped a dude.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

merk, would you agree that putting a caseless OMGUS vote on someone makes them less likely to be lynched? I think you're probably Town, and I'd like to see you use your effort and vote more productively.

But what do I know maybe I'm wrong sorry.

Well, I think it's a pretty good vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

50 pounds of bread posted:

Questioning what happened regarding mmt and quid seems p scummy to me at this point. MMT claimed brutal cop then brutal copped a dude.

A very fair point.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

Interesting.
##Vote Tolly Totes

This is your current vote, Lumper. It's not the greatest of current votes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 1

sentimental snail (3): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam, Tobbs Gnawed, Dancer
Tobbs Gnawed (2): flerp, Anomalous Amalgam, Tolly Totes, Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda, Tolly Totes, Hal Incandenza
DGK2000 (2): HiipFire, merk
Anomalous Amalgam (2): DGK2000, Gridlocked, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, merk, DGK2000, merk, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Retro Futurist (2): Quidthulhu, merk, sentimental snail, merk
merk (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, HiipFire, HiipFire, DGK2000
Tolly Totes (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lumpen, Lando131, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lando131, Lando131, Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lando131
King Burgundy (0): Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Dancer, Dancer
Lumpen (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, sentimental snail, Lando131, Lando131, sentimental snail
Quidthulhu (0): Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
HiipFire (0): Dancer, Dancer, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
b-minus1 (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
50 pounds of bread (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Dancer (0): Dancer, Dancer
flerp (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Lando131 (0): merk, merk, DGK2000, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, DGK2000
Murmur Twin (0): sentimental snail, sentimental snail, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist

Not Voting (9): 50 pounds of bread, Atomic Soda, Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Lando131, Mr. F!, Murmur Twin, Retro Futurist, Tolly Totes

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 27th, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can someone try to put a votecount on every page?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

merk posted:

Can someone try to put a votecount on every page?

Some dude did ##votecount in bold and I think it worked?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

HiipFire posted:

sup guys it’s 10:30 AM, I just woke up with a sweet old headache and I feel like death. Hopefully if I down enough water I can function for long enough to actually contribute anything of value.

##vote merk

HiipFire posted:

most boring poster of the last page is scum

##vote DGK

HiipFire posted:

lots of boring posts wouldnt actually bother reading all of it if you don't feel like it

HiipFire posted:

extremely intelligent mafia gameplay right here folks

hiipfire hasn't contributed anything meaningful. they've just been coasting under the radar, only showing up to make a white noise/unhelpful posts

##vote HipFire

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

hiipfire hasn't contributed anything meaningful. they've just been coasting under the radar, only showing up to make a white noise/unhelpful posts

##vote HipFire

Bad vote, this is.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dancer posted:

• Retro Futurist
o Seems to start a push for MMT kinda out of nowhere on page 8? Based only off of KB’s previous vote with zero reasoning (in the middle of that stupid af pages-long derail about Tolly’s experience level)
o Claims to be town-alligned, but human. Does this mean miller?

My reasoning was in my vote and has been explained.

I am explicitly not a Miller and have said so many times.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

50 pounds of bread posted:

Quid is either town godfather or 3p, I feel like the flavor for the kill makes it pretty clear he's a host.

It shows quid is a host, nothing more nothing less. He could be any alignment.
That or MMTs role is written weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

My reasoning was in my vote and has been explained.

I am explicitly not a Miller and have said so many times.

It shows quid is a host, nothing more nothing less. He could be any alignment.
That or MMTs role is written weird

Are you a 3p? If so, what is your win condition?

• Locked thread