Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
dalhin 2 connor 2 kovy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Mike_V posted:

Blues waive Chris Thorburn, a move that should have never been necessary because he should not have been signed.

Not surprised, but I helped him with service twice, and he was a super, super nice guy. And really, really tall.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

fits posted:

dalhin 2 connor 2 kovy

Still somehow going to finish 29th in the league while trading away either Draisaitl or Nurse for peanuts only to have them turn into star players on another team.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

/\/\/\
Draisaitl is a friggin star bud!

fits posted:

dalhin 2 connor 2 kovy

Hahhaa they can't sign Kovy cause there's 10 million tied up in a fourth line winger and a bottom pairing dman!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

lol tiny zucc man you dick

Also Bruins couldn't beat Chad ocho-wraparoundo Johnson tonight BOY THAT'S A GOOD HARBINGER OF PLAYOFFS TO COME

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

It's a milestone night for Ovie as he will pass Calle Johansson for most games played as a Capital at 984, having only missed 29 games in 13 seasons. He's also 4 goals from 600 and needs 12 goals to hit 50 this year with 20 games remaining.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

lol tiny zucc man you dick

Also Bruins couldn't beat Chad ocho-wraparoundo Johnson tonight BOY THAT'S A GOOD HARBINGER OF PLAYOFFS TO COME

To be fair, they don't have to face him in the playoffs.

glynnenstein posted:

It's a milestone night for Ovie as he will pass Calle Johansson for most games played as a Capital at 984, having only missed 29 games in 13 seasons. He's also 4 goals from 600 and needs 12 goals to hit 50 this year with 20 games remaining.

I think it's also more from suspensions than injuries, isn't it?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

I think it's also more from suspensions than injuries, isn't it?

17 games lost to injury, 12 to suspension.

edit: That's not quite right. He missed 12 games for non-injury reasons. He missed a game or two when his grandfather died.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Not a trade:

https://twitter.com/NewsdaySports/status/967955304095862784

lol well gently caress you too?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

glynnenstein posted:

17 games lost to injury, 12 to suspension.

edit: That's not quite right. He missed 12 games for non-injury reasons. He missed a game or two when his grandfather died.

Was he recently injured? I remember it being more to suspension not too long ago.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calle Johansson, haven't heard that name in a long while. He was a pretty good PP guy.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

Was he recently injured? I remember it being more to suspension not too long ago.

2009 Kneed Gleason (which also injured Ovie) 2 games
2010 Boarded Campbell 2 games
2012 Charged Michalek 3 games
2016 Skipped All-Star game 1 game

He missed 2 games to visit his grandfather before he died in 2008, but I don't remember where the other 2 games to add up to 12 come in.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
In case anyone isn't aware: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850056

GDT for trade deadline

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

To believe he'd say this after the wore those lovely, lovely black alternates for a season

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

glynnenstein posted:

2009 Kneed Gleason (which also injured Ovie) 2 games
2010 Boarded Campbell 2 games
2012 Charged Michalek 3 games
2016 Skipped All-Star game 1 game

He missed 2 games to visit his grandfather before he died in 2008, but I don't remember where the other 2 games to add up to 12 come in.

He was a healthy scratch in 2015 for a game as punishment because he overslept and missed practice. He was also healthy scratched the final game in 2016 because they had the presidents trophy wrapped up and Trotz decided to rest every important player.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The fans never embraced Brooklyn because it forces them to change at Jamaica and see minorities.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/968154787069026304

loving lmao :thurman:

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I mean, anything can happen in a short series, but I could hardly call that assessment unfair.

https://twitter.com/ChartingHockey/status/967768113973485568

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Fire Trotz. Bench/trade/buy out Orpik.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

lmao

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

glynnenstein posted:

I mean, anything can happen in a short series, but I could hardly call that assessment unfair.

https://twitter.com/ChartingHockey/status/967768113973485568

Who's worried? Anyone who watches the Caps on the regular knows they are a paper tiger. Only people I can see genuinely surprised with a first-round bounce are the mouth-breathers in Wilson jerseys yelling "SHOOT!"

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Matt Zerella posted:

The fans never embraced Brooklyn because it forces them to change at Jamaica and see minorities.

ah yes. that was the problem.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/968176184973582341

:rip:

E: also rip
https://twitter.com/friesensunmedia/status/968176017662758914

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Pfft we'll just keep scoring 5 goals a game.

What do you mean goal scoring goes down in the playoffs?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I believe in Jarry, results against the Florida Panthers juggernaut notwithstanding

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Canucks now have Sven Baertschi, Derick Pouliot and Brendan Leipsic on their roster. What do they have in common? They all played for Travis Green in junior.

Previously the Canucks acquired Emerson Etem, Curtis Valk and Linden Vey who Willie Desjardins coached in Medicine Hat. What do they all have in common? They all suck and aren't in the NHL.

Maybe the Canucks should stop picking up guys that coach liked at a level several steps below the NHL? IDK food for thought.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

ThinkTank posted:

The Canucks now have Sven Baertschi, Derick Pouliot and Brendan Leipsic on their roster. What do they have in common? They all played for Travis Green in junior.

Previously the Canucks acquired Emerson Etem, Curtis Valk and Linden Vey who Willie Desjardins coached in Medicine Hat. What do they all have in common? They all suck and aren't in the NHL.

Maybe the Canucks should stop picking up guys that coach liked at a level several steps below the NHL? IDK food for thought.

This is a bad coach / gm special approach. Ottawa does the same thing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Matt Zerella posted:

I don't know why, but I get a good laugh out of references to issues regarding the Islanders relocation (now both ways) being directly tied to changing at Jamaica Station. :roflolmao:

E- I may be going to New York in October and might have to plan a side trip to Jamaica just for the experience.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 26, 2018

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't know why, but I get a good laugh out of references to issues regarding the Islanders relocation (now both ways) being directly tied to changing at Jamaica Station. :roflolmao:

E- I may be going to New York in October and might have to plan a side trip to Jamaica just for the experience.

There's extremely good food in Jamaica but there's nothing to see. The reason it gets brought up derogatorily is LI is full of white flight that freaks the gently caress out when they see non Asian minorities. Jamaica was a violent bad area in the 80s and early 90s but now it's mostly fine.

If you come to NY, and want to visit Queens, skip Jamaica and stick to Astoria/LIC/Sunnyside/Woodside/Jackson Heights/Corona/Flushing. Flushing especially if you like Asian food of any kind.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
the "transfer at jamaica" thing is inconvenient because of the fact that everyone drove to the coliseum and there's no convenient way to drive and park at barclays. replacing that with expensive and inconvenient trains that, particularly at those hours of the day, and after the transfer, are typically full and impossible to sit down on, sucks for a lot of people. no one is Afraid of Minorities at the jamaica lirr station. you can't even see the street from the platforms.

but yes, don't bother visiting jamaica. it's very boring.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

a false posted:

the "transfer at jamaica" thing is inconvenient because of the fact that everyone drove to the coliseum and there's no convenient way to drive and park at barclays. replacing that with expensive and inconvenient trains that, particularly at those hours of the day, and after the transfer, are typically full and impossible to sit down on, sucks for a lot of people. no one is Afraid of Minorities at the jamaica lirr station. you can't even see the street from the platforms.

TBF, I wouldn't call the poo poo I saw on the meadowbrook after a game "driving".

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
you'll find no argument from me there. especially around the holidays when there was even more traffic flooding out of whitman mall than the games. i extremely do not miss that

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

a false posted:

Yeah, the fact that for a lot of people getting to the game went from a 15-30 minute drive to an hour+ train ride + travel time to the train station. Its not changing at Jamaica its a time and distance thing.

my trip to see them went from 20 minutes to 70 minutes to see them

a false posted:

you'll find no argument from me there. especially around the holidays when there was even more traffic flooding out of whitman mall than the games. i extremely do not miss that

Roosevelt field mall :eng101:

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
whoops. i never actually went to the mall myself

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So only FAS is gonna care about this but gently caress it

Kelly and Steph of Broad Street Hockey have been tweeting Ron about what he should do with the deadline, team moves etc. One discussion delved into a debate about muffins.

Turns out they've been @-ing some poor schub with a very short username.

https://twitter.com/jsaquella/status/968159664625025024

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/968220000103337989

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I have no idea what the Devils do with their lines now. I'm gonna not even factor MoJo because who knows when/if he comes back. Gibbons will be back though, so:

Taylor Hall - Nico Hischier - Kyle Palmieri
Jesper Bratt - Pavel Zacha - Michael Grabner
Miles Wood - Travis Zajac - Blake Coleman
Pat Maroon - Brian Boyle - Brian Gibbons
Stefan Noesen
Drew Stafford
Jimmy Hayes

Andy Greene - Sami Vatanen
John Moore - Damon Severson
Will Butcher - Ben Lovejoy
Mirco Mueller
Steven Santini

Cory Schneider
Keith Kinkaid
Eddie Lack

If MoJo comes back and everyone is healthy I could see him coming in for Coleman/Gibbons/maybe even Bratt if he's struggling. I think Maroon probably gets some decent PP time as a front net presence, that's probably his greatest value to the Devils.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 26, 2018

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Congrats on the cup, Tampa

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Wamsutta posted:

Congrats on the cup, Tampa

I remember when the Penguins acquired Iginla and everyone said this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The conference finals are gonna be awesome.

• Locked thread